AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 37 52.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 30.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 9.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-02, 20:48   Link #121
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No. When we finally being to really learn things about her, it's from her POV. You need to watch the series again.
Cheap and unwarranted ad hominem argument.

I already mentioned "few exceptions", so no, I don't need to watch the series again.

Quote:
That would have killed the mystery.
True, but then keeping it a mystery for so long is why Satsuki does not feel like a main character to the viewers, and it's also partly why she better fits the deutaragonist classification. People rightly expect main characters to have more focus and screentime than what Satsuki has had.

Quote:
You're wrong.
No, I'm not wrong. Ryuko knows that there's more to Satsuki than what she previously suspected. This much is obvious simply by Satsuki turning on Ragyo like she did (Ryuko's reaction to it was one of clear shock, after all).

Edit: There's also a brief exchange between Ryuko and Satsuki a couple episodes back where Ryuko speaks to her as an ally. This shows that Ryuko "gets it" on the most important point.

The fact that there are some other elements to Satsuki's character unknown to Ryuko is unimportant. It's hardly unusual for a main character to be kept in the dark about certain elements of other characters. What's important is that we find out the main thrust of Satsuki's largely hidden story at the same time that Ryuko does.

Quote:
Yeah, and a lot of people thought (and still think) that Hakuya is the MC of Mikakunin.
I've never watched Mikakunin so I can't comment on that.

Quote:
Yeah no
For somebody who frequently says "lets agree to disagree", you certainly seem to have a hard time accepting somebody viewing a story and its characters differently than you do.

As far as I'm concerned, Satsuki fits the deuteragonist classification a lot better than she does the co-lead one.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2014-03-02 at 20:58.
Old 2014-03-02, 21:02   Link #122
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Cheap and unwarranted ad hominem argument.

I already mentioned "few exceptions", so no, I don't need to watch the series again.
But they're not few exceptions. We haven't learned anything important about Satsuki from Ryuuko's POV. The real Satsuki was shown through her own POV after the fight in Osaka.

Quote:
True, but then keeping it a mystery for so long is why Satsuki does not feel like a main character to the viewers, and it's also why she better fits the deutaragonist classification.
She doesn't fit the deutaragonist classification because she's never been in Ryuuko's side and was never a companion to her. They have always being against each other. That something that hasn't changed even now.

Quote:
No, I'm not wrong. Ryuko knows that there's more to Satsuki than what she previously suspected. This much is obvious simply by Satsuki turning on Ragyo like she did (Ryuko reaction to it was one of clear shock, after all).
Yeah, but she hasn't seen her weak side, her pain. More importantly, she doesn't know how much she cares about her allies and friends. Ryuuko never knew that. Even after the fight in Osaka, Ryuuko was still claiming that Satsuki was alone and had no friends. She doesn't know her at all, but we do.

Quote:
I've never watched Mikakunin so I can't comment on that.
Well you should. It's a good series.

Quote:
For somebody who frequently says "lets agree to disagree", you certainly have a hard time accepting somebody viewing a story and its characters differently than you do.
It's the opposite. You can't accept that I have a different opinion. I already said that we can agree to disagree if you want, but you keep beating the dead horse.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, Satsuki fits the deuteragonist classification a lot better than she does the co-lead one.
I already know you think that way. So, perhaps now you may accept that I don't think like you and we can move on...?
Old 2014-03-02, 23:11   Link #123
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Senketsu = Kryptonite
What? I don't see how Senketsu is like kryptonite to Ryuuko since she is benefited. For example, 2 ep before, they were completed synchronized so Ryuuko gain boosted speed and strength which shock Nui.

Or maybe I don't get your reference to something else... Okay I get it now.

Last edited by Tales; 2014-03-02 at 23:32.
Old 2014-03-02, 23:21   Link #124
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Senketsu is Kryptonite in a different form.

He'll try to snap Ryuuko back to her senses and "weaken" the interference by just being there to jog back her memories.

Just go with it.
Old 2014-03-02, 23:42   Link #125
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Senketsu is Kryptonite in a different form.

He'll try to snap Ryuuko back to her senses and "weaken" the interference by just being there to jog back her memories.

Just go with it.
B-But Senketsu couldn't calm her down when she had so much rage against Nui causing her to turn berserk. It was Mako who snapped her back.

I think it will require Mako and Senketsu together to bring Ryuuko back.
Old 2014-03-03, 00:21   Link #126
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Mako couldn't do it because Ryuuko needs a wake up call from her Onee-sama.

Senketsu will probably help by talking to her while Satsuki gives Ryuuko some "tough love" (interpret this anyway you want ) so she doesn't lose her way again.

Satsuki's gonna make up for lost time and help her sister out.

4 days away.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:43   Link #127
XFire
150% done

I love how everyone assumes that Satsuki is going to win this fight. Between Ryukos increasing power level over the last few episodes and the fact that she's wearing Berser*Cough*Junketsu, this will most likely be several minutes of Ryuko punching Satsuki's face in before Mako shows up. The Ryuko kills Mako. Then herself. Then the world explodes.

Sorry, got a little weird somewhere in there....*hic*
Old 2014-03-03, 03:44   Link #128
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I love how everyone assumes that Satsuki is going to win this fight.
Well, Ryuuko's more powerful, that much is true. But unlike Ryuuko, Satsuki isn't alone, and that always matters in this series. Besides, Satsuki lost to Ragyou in her last fight, and in this series, after a huge loss usually comes a major victory.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-03-05 at 01:42. Reason: Drop it as well, please!
Old 2014-03-03, 04:44   Link #129
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

God I hope that "mako death flag" rumor doesn't hold up.. To be honest I don't want Mako nowhere near that fight..She should stay away because if she gets injured or killed it will ultimately be her to knock sense into Ryuko and that will leave this entire Ryuko vs Sister/best friend ordeal with little importance
Old 2014-03-03, 05:04   Link #130
Anime Online

The power of friendship will somehow save the day again, I'm sure.
Old 2014-03-03, 11:43   Link #131
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
I love how everyone assumes that Satsuki is going to win this fight. Between Ryukos increasing power level over the last few episodes and the fact that she's wearing Berser*Cough*Junketsu, this will most likely be several minutes of Ryuko punching Satsuki's face in before Mako shows up. The Ryuko kills Mako. Then herself. Then the world explodes.

For once i agree on this, there's no realistical way Satsuki can be Ryuuko's equal in a fight for now even with Senketsu. This will be a race against time to snap Ryuuko back to her senses before Satsuki dies.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-03-03, 12:12   Link #132
Knightrunner

Quote:

If Satsuki doesn't prevail then mankind will be cloths foddler. Satsuki has to win!!! Plus, I'm still waiting for that Onee-san scene to happen.
Old 2014-03-03, 12:32   Link #133
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
If Satsuki doesn't prevail then mankind will be cloths foddler. Satsuki has to win!!! Plus, I'm still waiting for that Onee-san scene to happen.
Yeeaahh, about that...

Spoiler for The Smokin:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-03-03, 15:00   Link #134
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandSage23 View Post
God I hope that "mako death flag" rumor doesn't hold up.. To be honest I don't want Mako nowhere near that fight..She should stay away because if she gets injured or killed it will ultimately be her to knock sense into Ryuko and that will leave this entire Ryuko vs Sister/best friend ordeal with little importance
Mako definitely won't die ^^;
Old 2014-03-03, 15:07   Link #135
XFire
150% done

Ok, I was originally joking when I said Ryuko would beat the hell out of Satsuki, but then I saw the extended preview. Sweet Caesar on a Raptor Trampoline, Satsuki got slaughtered. I didn't even look like Ryuko was using the scissor blade, she was just punching her in the face over and over. Though it looks like Mako is going to interfere, so we'll see how well brainwashing holds up to THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP (and Toon Force).
Old 2014-03-03, 15:20   Link #136
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I was originally joking when I said Ryuko would beat the hell out of Satsuki, but then I saw the extended preview. Sweet Caesar on a Raptor Trampoline, Satsuki got slaughtered. I didn't even look like Ryuko was using the scissor blade, she was just punching her in the face over and over. Though it looks like Mako is going to interfere, so we'll see how well brainwashing holds up to THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP (and Toon Force).
But it also seems she was able to strike back at Ryuuko. But we don't know which order it goes, so let's wait till Thursday
Old 2014-03-03, 15:40   Link #137
Gravitas Free Zone

And the previews so far have been fairly obfuscatory at best, so yeah... Thursday.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:20   Link #138
Anime299

So Mako is holding Senketsu, and the sisters are fighting. I wonder who else might wear Senketsu then....Nah, she wouldn't!!!!! Couldn't!!!!! Dayum. I'd send the writers a check to see that.
Old 2014-03-04, 13:38   Link #139
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Mako wearing senketsu will just be stupid IMO.. Might as well let everyone wear him at that point.. And as I stated Mako should take herself at the bottom of the Naked Sun and leave the fighting between Satsuki(Senketsu) and Ryuko
Old 2014-03-05, 05:28   Link #140
Breimoon

i wonder if senketsu was made with Ryuko's life fibers taken during her growing
Closed Thread