AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-03, 22:36   Link #49961
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

@SEED
Lasers as CIWS? Isn't it a little bit impractical?
Old 2014-01-03, 22:40   Link #49962
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking of such a thing as a beam rifle with hyper focus. Inspired by Gundam Build fighters. Force fields and energy shields are merely just another mass of particles that block high energy state mega-particles of beam weaponry. In effect, they can block large slow moving high energy mega particles.

But that's only because the energy of the mega particles have undergone decay or loss by blooming effect and wide shotspread. What if there was a weapon dedicated to smaller bolt size but with a far far higher penetration ability than anything previously conceived? With a compression so high that the focusing apparatus of the weapon has to be replaced with each shot instead of an energy cell.

The particles are actually so condensed that they achieve a unique state of matter I'd call resonance. Resonance because like electrons, they have multiple states but are locked into their own. For example, the particles are converged but matter cannot exist in occupied space. But these particles do. They exist in the same space at the same time and yet not. Similar to atoms and compounds with a resonance electron setting.

This gives the weapon extremely destructive potential to an accurate effect.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 22:43   Link #49963
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Zero-2
They're intended to take powerful explosive weapons from long range, instead of multiple warheads at once at close range sweeping.

The physical version is basically something like a PDW, small, high rate of fire and decent armor penetration.

@ Demi
Well yeah, but spare barrel is not something you can easily bring tons of amount, spare magazine can.
Old 2014-01-03, 22:49   Link #49964
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
...So, this is the end, huh?

"Ichika, you don't have to do this!"

...No. Like the blackjack players, we've already know the outcome of this game. And it's look like i've the lowest hand.

"Orimura-san, this is your last chance for redemption! Return and explain your wrong doing, now!"

...People said that you think of many thing when standing in front of a gun's barrel. Me? I could only think of the happy future that i could had spent with my family, friends, and her...

"Ichika, you dumbhead! This is not you! Stop being a fool and return!"

...But do i regret? No. For the future that i'm yearning for require bloodshet to become reality, and i'd rather shed mine than anyone else. Which i've already did...

"Ichika-san..."

"my wife, as your spouse, i must show compassionate and forgiving to you... But as a soldier, i will not accept the atrocities that you inflicted on my country and the civiliant!"

Forgiveness?...That is not what i'm looking for. Let the world dammed me, spitting on my corpse and cursing my soul enternity. If that's the pride for the haven, then i'm more than willing to.

"The tree of liberty need to be refreshed from time to time by the blood of tyrants and heroes." ichika spoken, the voice hoarsed, but calm.

"Then who are you, ichika-kun? A hero, or a tyrrant? Release my imouto, now!"

"...I'm no one other tian a man following his idea to the last breath." he slowly pulled the trigger, but not before wishpering to the little girl in his arm:

"Kanzashi... Everyone... I'm sorry..."

Bang! Bang! Bang!

And with that, heaven open his door for another martyr..."
boosting grimdark to the max!!!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 23:20   Link #49965
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yamada in her younger days: KORA!! That's THUNDER for you! THUNDER!!

Old 2014-01-03, 23:22   Link #49966
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Thunder?

THUNDER

KICK

MACH

LIGHTNING SONIC
Old 2014-01-03, 23:39   Link #49967
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But the barrel doesn't undergo the stress. It's the focal ring/chamber where the beam is compressed. It can probably be isolated to a small easily replaceable section but the weapon would be specially designed for such function.

I'm thinking of introducing the beam smart rifle to the IS-verse
Old 2014-01-03, 23:53   Link #49968
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How fast is the nano machines?
Old 2014-01-04, 01:49   Link #49969
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
@SEED
Lasers as CIWS? Isn't it a little bit impractical?
- It's been done. Both in anime fiction (Tactical Roar had a ship-mounted THEL or Tactical High-Energy Laser meant for long-range intreception of missiles) and in real life (US Navy's test Laser system). A smaller-scale laser meant to take down small missiles woudl work on an IS even--doesn't need ot be very powerful, just enough to fry electronics.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 01:53   Link #49970
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But what about beam dispenser?
Old 2014-01-04, 01:59   Link #49971
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm thinking of introducing the beam smart rifle to the IS-verse
- You might as well add in Reflector INCOMs as well if you're going to do that. Make full use of it. Probably even drive Cecilia nuts by playing PONG with her Beam Sniper Rifle shots.

<<--(Currently building an HGUC Ex-S Gundam)
Old 2014-01-04, 02:43   Link #49972
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
"Hello, Mr. Sid-chan!" Tabane cheerfully greeted the man sitting on the other side.

"Good evening. What can I do for you, ladies?" replied the Lockseed dealer.

"Well, is it okay if you could give me one of those belt-thingy?" the genius scientist then proceeds to do a puppy face.

"Why the sudden interest in the Sengoku Driver, Dr. Shinonono?"

"Because I watched my cute little nephew fight some bad guys and monsters in that giant watermelon suit. It's so awesome and I'm so jealous because my carrot can't do it." Tabane said with glee.

"Yes, that's true." Chloe said.

'So they saw that kid yesterday, huh.' Sid muttered mentally. "Well, as you see ladies, I can't just give a piece of important technology to random people. It may compromise my organization. But, since you're a famous person, maybe I could do something about it." Sid then pick up his phone and dialled. The other line answered.

"Hello? It's me, Sid... Well, I'm with Dr. Tabane Shinonono right now... Yup, I'm not kidding... How did you guess?... Well should I give her one?... Okay, thank you for your time." he ended the call. "Well, looks like you're lucky today, Dr. Shinonono. I'm allowed to give you a Driver and some Lockseeds."

Tabane jumped in excitement.

"...but you have to pay for it, of course. One million yen."

"Why is it so expensive?"

"Because you are a special customer. Besides we need additional funds for our research."

"Okie-dokie!" Tabane draws a large briefcase out of nowhere and gives it to Sid.

'This woman sure is interesting.' Sid mentally noted.
Woohoo! New ideas!
Old 2014-01-04, 02:58   Link #49973
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chifuyu-nee is such a loving big sister...
Quote:
"Chi-chifuyu-nee, isn't this a bit...much?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"I mean, having a tennis ball launcher?"

"Would you rather have Alcott and/or Dunois have target practice with you?"

"...no, not really."

"Then shut up and stand there."

I did so as Chifuyu-nee walked around behind the three tennis ball launchers, all of them aimed at me. "You have your bokken there," she told me. "Now, you'll have to evade these things. You'll have to work your way up to here and hit the red button to stop them from shooting."

Well, it was infinitely safer than having real bullets shot at me.

"Oh yes, the machines are tracking that collar on your neck so they'll be adjusting their height and shot to where they track you." Damn it, she's smirking!

"Chifuyu-nee! Why are you torturing me!?"

"This isn't torture - this is training!"

"Your training IS torture."

"Ho~oh, so my baby brother doesn't appreciate all the work that this neesan went through to set this up, eh?" She lifted a remote control and adjusted the dial. The whirling sound from the three machines increased in frequency and I gulped.
"Let's see how long you can last, shall we?"
Old 2014-01-04, 03:10   Link #49974
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Tempest: Sadistic Sister and Masochist brother. Quite a crazy combination for a family.
Old 2014-01-04, 03:17   Link #49975
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Reflector INCOMs could work. And you're right wave, it would be hilarious with Cecilia. Maybe full out bits? Hmm too unoriginal. What do INCOMs look like anyway?
Old 2014-01-04, 03:37   Link #49976
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@demino: Mass Production Type Nu Gundam with INCOM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx2LE...=desktop&guid=
Old 2014-01-04, 03:53   Link #49977
demino_hellsin
That one guy

which part? there's a lot of fluff
Old 2014-01-04, 04:04   Link #49978
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
But what about beam dispenser?
WTH are you talking about? >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- You might as well add in Reflector INCOMs as well if you're going to do that. Make full use of it. Probably even drive Cecilia nuts by playing PONG with her Beam Sniper Rifle shots.

<<--(Currently building an HGUC Ex-S Gundam)
Indeed, Beam Smart Gun technology already EXIST, Madoka abuse it to hell and back.

off topic: Good taste, but the only reason why I don't like Ex-S is because of massive upper body frame. Those legs become practically limp and useless.
Old 2014-01-04, 04:07   Link #49979
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Good taste, but the only reason why I don't like Ex-S is because of massive upper body frame. Those legs become practically limp and useless.
- Well, it is designed mainly for space combat. And that's probably why everyone goes bonkers about the Deep Striker conversion set...

...which leads to me thinking of a Blue Tears long-range booster where Cecilia's legs are placed mermaid-style in a huger rocket booster...
Old 2014-01-04, 04:11   Link #49980
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sounds like nice upgrade

Strike Gunner is basically poor man's Deep Striker anyway

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest