AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 28 35.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 26.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 23.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 05:38   Link #61
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Lawerence's face at the end is more of someone who is seeing a familiar face over again, rather than a "zOmG, I must have her!" kinda face... but thats probably just me. But can't wait to see a Jealous Horo, she's been constantly going off about how Lawerence gets, its about time she gets a taste of that medicine, lol. XP
Old 2008-02-23, 05:59   Link #62
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Lawerence's face at the end is more of someone who is seeing a familiar face over again, rather than a "zOmG, I must have her!" kinda face... but thats probably just me. But can't wait to see a Jealous Horo, she's been constantly going off about how Lawerence gets, its about time she gets a taste of that medicine, lol. XP
It's more like "Wow, she's cute" kind of face. That's men for you.

Horo is going to eat her words about "There’s no fit partner for me amongst human males"

Who here thinks that the Nora girl will be more evil than Chloe? (Aka charm Lawrence into Nora's faithful servant then use him against Horo?)

Last edited by Flo; 2008-02-23 at 06:18.
Old 2008-02-23, 06:22   Link #63
Khaos

Thumbs up

10/10
Again wonderful interaction between those two, Horo sure knows how to handle Lawrence since he IS easily fooled by women.
Old 2008-02-23, 07:12   Link #64
BigGimp77

Another really good episode. Poor Lawrence just gets sucked in with the Horo cuteness and can't say no... Poor guy. He's never gonna get that shop of his

I really hope they do another season and cover the other novels. Is there any chance of a season 2? Does any one know how good the show is doing in Japan?
Old 2008-02-23, 07:26   Link #65
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Fox girls are almost like real women as depicted in this episode.A few seducing words and poof, Lawrence's resolve dissolves into nothing.It was entertaining to see Lawrence get so worked up over Horo teasing him like that.Anyway,good episode as always 10/10.

Spoiler for Thoughts for next episode:
Thanks to BSS for the subs.Already posted a review up =)
Old 2008-02-23, 07:38   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
shepards and wolves don't share a good relationship usually

This is going to end in trouble if Lawrence falls for beauty again...poor horo ;__;

I don't think that the new girl will be evil though...she may be just doing her job as a shepard

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-23, 07:40   Link #67
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I don't think that the new girl will be evil though...she may be just doing her job as a shepard

Everyone is evil in their own little way, Nora is no different.

Last edited by Flo; 2008-02-23 at 08:37.
Old 2008-02-23, 08:43   Link #68
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
hmm.....what a great episode, basically its a short sociological lesson of the role women have in that world.

one, that even if your smart and tough and do work that traditionally held by men, you are expected to do poorly until a "real" man replace you.

however, if you are able to cope or even do better, then you risk been branded as a witch and have yourself persecuted.

not good.

however, Horo the wise, shows us the power females can still use (additional to the ones above) if she is discreet.

poor lawrence, the cunning and sly work of feminine smarts bends the poor boy to her will.

thus the lesson of this episode:

Beware of the fairer sex!

if she doesn't beat you outright, she'll get you when your not looking....

Old 2008-02-23, 10:46   Link #69
X207
Gamyūsa

lol, loved the ep. note to self never mention fruits preserved in maple sirup to horo. i love this anime, its unintentionally funny while talking about economy and horoxlawrence interation.
Old 2008-02-23, 11:35   Link #70
LKK

Watching the episode again and understanding the dialogue helped and hurt my opinion of the episode. The banter between Horo and Lawrence was as delightful as ever. However, Horo's spendthrift attitude to their finances irked me. Sure, she helps Lawrence earn more money than he otherwise would duing his transactions. But she spends at a rate faster than he can earn even with her assistance. In the end, the positive of their banter outweighed the negative her personality trait for me. Unfortunately nothing overcame the bad character designs in the bedroom scene which annoyed me every time I watched the episode. *sigh* Ended up giving the episode a 6, average at best.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-02-23, 12:54   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Horo's problem is... she's excellent at manipulating people, but she has very little understanding of the concept of money.
Old 2008-02-23, 12:55   Link #72
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Horo's problem is... she's excellent at manipulating people, but she has very little understanding of the concept of money.
So like most women in other words

jk jk lol
Old 2008-02-23, 13:00   Link #73
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

It must be the tail...

This show is officially the slowest I've watched all season...but honestly who cares when Horo is that adorable!
Old 2008-02-23, 13:46   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The show in general is very laid back, so I don't really expect any real action or excitement... I have to say the true purpose of this show is to overthrow neko mimi's with Inu mimi's lol
Old 2008-02-23, 14:26   Link #75
kenwaz

Send a message via MSN to kenwaz
didn't understand why it skiped from 6 to 8 ! not kind from to put an extra episode on dvd like that, but we can think it won't affect the story.

Horos's so cute and inteligent, lol it's so funy when she's teasing Lawrence
Old 2008-02-23, 14:28   Link #76
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Wow, this episode REALLY grabbed my attention. I had no idea the episode was already over when it turned over to the ending =/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
That's where Lawrence comes in of course.

I don't really think of the pace as "slow", more of maximization. Sort of the quality over quantity thing.
Old 2008-02-23, 14:54   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its all I can do not to think "attention deficit" when I hear the label "slow" applied by someone to something texturally rich like the relationship evolution between these two characters.

As far as the "missing" ep 7, its assumed it'll be some kind of "on the road" light comedy thing - perhaps drawing from one of the short stories in the latest light novel release.

I think its only natural that Horo treat money as simply a means to an apple... or (drool) honey-dipped pears... or (smack) peaches.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:11   Link #78
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Personal preference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its all I can do not to think "attention deficit" when I hear the label "slow" applied by someone to something texturally rich like the relationship evolution between these two characters.
I suppose I'm just used to the more drama intense romances with multiple women in the mix like Clannad or Kimikiss.

Last edited by mikesince83; 2008-02-23 at 15:29. Reason: Clarification from Vexx - No problem sorry for the mix up.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:19   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you ... argh, apologies. I was really referring to some posters who'd said the show was "boring"/slow. Most of the time when people use the word "slow" in these threads --- they really mean it is boring to them (rather than slow-paced in its true sense). Again, my bad -- wasn't pointing at you at all. I gotta stop reading the posts in other forums - it colors my views of the "average forum poster".

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-02-23 at 16:25.
Old 2008-02-23, 18:17   Link #80
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Most of the time when people use the word "slow" in these threads --- they really mean it is boring to them (rather than slow-paced in its true sense)... it colors my views of the "average forum poster".
Haha, I think I have the same view of the "average forum poster"... it's part of the elitism we fans of slice of life series get for liking such a niche genre (combine that with anime already being a niche genre of itself... try to get an idea of how the average person looks in my mind ). That's why I'm intrigued by how Spice and Wolf got so popular. I know it's all thanks to Horo, but I'm sure the subtler aspects of the series haven't caught on as much as our lovely feminine lead.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Closed Thread