AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Characters in Code Geass R2
Zero/Lelouch Lamperouge 664 62.64%
Suzaku Kururugi 229 21.60%
C.C. 621 58.58%
Kallen Stadtfeld 367 34.62%
Rolo Lamperouge 109 10.28%
Nunnally Lamperouge 156 14.72%
Milly Ashford 120 11.32%
Shirley Fenette 191 18.02%
Li Xingke 164 15.47%
V.V. 36 3.40%
Gino Weinberg 116 10.94%
Anya Alstreim 220 20.75%
Jeremiah Gottwald 226 21.32%
Villetta Nu 76 7.17%
Lloyd Asplund 159 15.00%
Kaguya Sumeragi 145 13.68%
Charles di Britannia 62 5.85%
Schneizel el Britannia 119 11.23%
Cornelia li Britannia 225 21.23%
Other (please list) 101 9.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1060. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-22, 09:00   Link #141
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Character Ranking from August 2008 Animeage, Animedia and NewType

Spoiler:

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 09:06   Link #142
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Animedia readers don't like Kallen as much as Newtype and Animage readers, it seems.

Oh well, at least they like her better than Suzaku.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 09:07   Link #143
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Animedia readers don't like Kallen as much as Newtype and Animage readers, it seems.
Suzaku is in the same situation too. But Orange-kun is up after recent event.

Old 2008-07-22, 09:09   Link #144
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post

Spoiler:
Lelouch #1...again
Does they count votes in thousands?
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 11:39   Link #145
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Character poll results
20- Mia
19- Milly
18- Lloyd
17- Toudou
16- Sayoko

(to be continued next weekday... I guess)

No. 11 - 15 here

15. Schneizel
14. Kaguya
13. Nunnally
12. Tianzi
11. Gino

So we have the prince/knight "protecting" the lolis
Consolidating the poll result from the official site. The result of No. 6 to 10 just updated.

10. Cornelia
9. Xingke
8. Rolo
7. Anya
6. Jeremiah

The remaining 5. If my memory served me right, they are Shirley, Suzaku, Kallen, C.C. and Lelouch. I think I saw the overall result before they updated by parts. Kallen and Suzaku's fans worked hard to push them to their original positions by pushing Shirley down. They were at no. 4 and 5 last week. They should be no. 3 and 4 in the final result.

Old 2008-07-22, 13:20   Link #146
Claude_Desravines

I voted:
-Cornelia
-Suzaku
-Milly
-Kallen

I'm afraid to say it, but I'm beginning to believe I may be the only person who really just despises Lulu...

As for the Milly vote, anyone that out-there and strange gets my vote. That would apply to Nina if she didn't scare the hell out of me. Creepy, creepy genius.
Claude_Desravines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 15:06   Link #147
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Lelouch #1...again
Does they count votes in thousands?
Woot C.C #1 female =]
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 18:15   Link #148
Narona
Emotionless White Face

My top

1) Lelouch <3

I like his personnality a lot. he's my all time favorite anime character

1bis) C.C.

I like her even more since I watched episode 15

2) Viletta

3) Jeremiah

4) Ougi

5) Cornelia

6) Lloyd

6bis) Cecile

7) Suzaku

7bis) Shirley

8) Charles (the big villain, really evil :O )

9) Xing Ke

Spoiler for And:

No love for rag boy è_é

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post

Spoiler:
Thanks Pink-chan. Go go go Lelouch and C.C. !
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 16:56   Link #149
Manboobs
Epic Win!!

Lulu and C.C total Ownage!!!
Manboobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 20:47   Link #150
hero147

o.O.....CC is beating Lelouch/Zero himself in this poll!
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 20:49   Link #151
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

>:] C.C > Everyone
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:19   Link #152
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Mwaaaahahahahahahaha >____> Now it's two votes ahead i love this girl so much!

Poor Suzaku gets caught between...
(DId I actually say POOR Suzaku?! )
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:33   Link #153
ChocolateSwirls

1. Lelouch
2.Kallen
3.Nunally

4. others (Euphie)
ChocolateSwirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 06:48   Link #154
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Really, C.C. and Cornelia's votes are impressive. I can't believe Cornelia share of the vote is actually so high. (I voted for her too >_>)
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 02:08   Link #155
Nobodyman9
Banned

Warning: Very long post ahead!

Hello fellows. I'm about to get on my soapbox here and have a little talk about Shirley. Not sure if this is the place to talk about it, but I figured it was the best place since she is one of my favorite characters.

Anyway, it's been about three weeks since that fateful day when she was taken from the show and I still haven't entirely gotten over her death. Now I hate to beat a dead horse, but today I think I reached some sort of a realization and really want to share my thoughts. You know, get this off my chest. And maybe I'm being too sensitive or biased, but I don't care. I'm still gonna say how I feel.

So as some of you may or may not know I was a supporter of LelouchxShirley as well as a general Shirley fan, and I truly thought she had a chance with Lelouch. I thought that after everything she had gone through she could find some sort of happiness and relief at the end, but no, that was one check that the show could not cash. Of course I was devastated when she died, and even to this day I think about. But now I think I realize why it's upsetting me this much. I think it's because, in addition to her being one of my favorite characters and being half of my favorite couple, she was perhaps the most tragic and tortured character on the show.

Seriously, it seems that Shirley had no other purpose than to be mentally and emotionally tortured right up until her death. Let's recap: She starts off with an unrequited love with Lelouch, her father dies, she finds out that the man she loves is responsible for her father's death, she mistakenly thinks she kills someone, she gets mindraped by a psychopath who then convinces her to kill Lelouch and herself, she gets mindraped again by Lelouch, she gets mindraped a third time by Charles, she becomes distraught by Lelouch's apparent new playboy lifestyle, and she gets mindraped one final time by Orange and almost goes insane and jumps off a building as a result. And then, she starts to see a glimmer of hope. All her memories have been restored, she's begun to make sense of it all, decided to forgive Lelouch, and wants to help him.

And then BAM! She says the wrong thing to the wrong person and she gets killed for it.

Now look, tragic characters are one thing, but come the f*ck on Sunrise. Even all this, all of Shirley's suffering and death I think I could take if it was a means to an end. But no, there really doesn't seem to be any end to it. I mean what, Lelouch seems devastated enough to begin with, but then what he decides to wipe out the Geass cult, an act that Shirley would have been horrified to know that he did. And really, what did that accomplish? Geass isn't gone entirely, and maybe it's just because Lelouch is caught up in other business now, but he's seems to have dropped that conviction to the wayside. Also, something I am seriously wondering is if Lelouch is still planning to kill Rolo at some point. I mean it's 2 or 3 episodes later and nobody even mentions Shirley (yes, I know, they do have to move on with their lives).Nope, it seems to me that the writers just made this sweet innocent girl and tortured her right up to her death.

Now lets take a look at the other major death of the series (also a kind and innocent girl) Euphemia. Now Euphemia did meet a tragic end to be sure, unknowingly killing the very people she was trying to help. But I don't think her story is quite as tragic as Shirley. First off, for the time she was alive, she wasn't living a very tortured life. She enjoyed her life as a princess trying to help the Japanese, believing she was making progress, and fell in love with Suzaku who probably returned her feelings. Even after her death she still plays a role in the series as Cornelia's primary motivation, not to mention Suzaku still probably hasn't fully gotten over her, and her spirit lives on in Nunnally's attempt to revive the SAZ. So I would say that, while Euphy did meet a tragic end, she did at least make an impact and made a big difference in the series, whereas Shirley did not.

So what's the ultimatum here? Well, if that's all there was to Shirley, to play a girl who loved Lelouch, offered some support from the sidelines, and then whenever she plays a major part she gets tortured, then I think it was a mistake to create the Shirley character. I mean when I watch a TV show or movie or any other form of entertainment, I'll watch it to be elated, angered, shocked, even saddened, but I do not want to be depressed. And that is exactly what the whole Shirley incident has done; made me depressed. I honestly think it would've been better if the writers had not created the Shirley character at all, because I still love Code Geass, but every episode now it becomes a litte difficult to watch with Shirley in the back of my mind.

Now, granted the show isn't over yet and they could still do more with Shirley I guess, but I really don't see what they could do. We do have Lelouch and Suzaku's confrontation next episode, and Shirley could very well be a topic of discussion, but really how much more is she going to affect those who survived her? And I seriously doubt this is going to be like My-Hime where the characters are brought back to life at the end. But really, with Code Geass you never know.

So, that's the end of my little speech. And by all means, please post your thoughts and opinions (need I say it?) and help me make sense of it all.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 02:12   Link #156
Sotobrastos

I really want to type out a nice, concise reply to your post, but it's 2 AM and I'm about to go to sleep...

I'm just glad that C.C. is popular, but I looked at that screenshot--Tieria in 3rd? Japan is a crazy place. Or they just like their androgynous bishies.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 02:37   Link #157
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
I really want to type out a nice, concise reply to your post, but it's 2 AM and I'm about to go to sleep...

I'm just glad that C.C. is popular, but I looked at that screenshot--Tieria in 3rd? Japan is a crazy place. Or they just like their androgynous bishies.
Understood. I eagerly await your response, tomorrow perhaps?

Anyway, here's my top 10 characters.

1- C.C.

2- Shirley

3- Diethard

4- Toudou

5- Lloyd

6- Lelouch

7- Mao

8- Jeremiah

9- Tianzi

10- Guilford
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 02:56   Link #158
Traece
:cool:

Ohhhh-ho wow...

After voting I noticed that it was dead-neck between C.C. and Lelouch! LOL

Just as well.. Cornelia is as popular as Kallen!

Oh, um... I think you forgot Ohgi. You forgot Tianzi. I don't think Toudou is on there. Charles isn't on there, Diethard is missing, and some others. Just saying, there's some holez.
Old 2008-07-28, 02:59   Link #159
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Ohhhh-ho wow...

After voting I noticed that it was dead-neck between C.C. and Lelouch! LOL

Just as well.. Cornelia is as popular as Kallen!

Oh, um... I think you forgot Ohgi. You forgot Tianzi. I don't think Toudou is on there. Charles isn't on there, Diethard is missing, and some others. Just saying, there's some holez.
Charles is on that list. Read it again.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 03:05   Link #160
Dream_Traveller
Banned

'Others' is there for a reason.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote