AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-15, 08:58   Link #521
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
hey fellow bloggers...
if you not gonna talk about this chapter and only talk about Clare & Priscilla and other non chapter related story(yoki strength, QS etc......)
kindly put them in the appropiate thread and not here.

wtf ZAO?
Bloggers? What bloggers?

And this is the appropriate thread...

And I can't tell if you're asking what it means or not, but ZAO is the new No.1s.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-15 at 17:42.
Old 2011-12-15, 09:24   Link #522
Nixl

Quote:

wtf ZAO?

Zombie Abysmal One

That or, Zebra Attacking Otters.

Actually, I think I like the latter far more.
Old 2011-12-15, 12:47   Link #523
Asimati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
According to whom?
Any spoiling they potentially had as a child should've been lost by now. Let see now. Family? Dead or sold you out to people that according to rumours turn you into a monster. Friendly villagers? Dead or shunned you.
Painfully transformed into warriors that considers it important to die as a human. Forced to hunt monsters to protect a population that fears you. You'll be lucky if you survive 10 years doing this. Any friendship bonds will be hard to form due to the constant traveling around and might very well ending with you killing your friend and them thanking you for it.

And whoever came up with the ZAO nickname got it well. They've formally been decleared undead ("where these guys really alive to begin with?") and abyssal ones in this chapter.
Old 2011-12-15, 20:10   Link #524
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Bloggers? What bloggers?

And this is the appropriate thread...
call this one below appropiate???
this has nothing to do with this chapter.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimati View Post
Any spoiling they potentially had as a child should've been lost by now. Let see now. Family? Dead or sold you out to people that according to rumours turn you into a monster. Friendly villagers? Dead or shunned you.
Painfully transformed into warriors that considers it important to die as a human. Forced to hunt monsters to protect a population that fears you. You'll be lucky if you survive 10 years doing this. Any friendship bonds will be hard to form due to the constant traveling around and might very well ending with you killing your friend and them thanking you for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Zombie Abysmal One
thanks for that
Miria was just starting to call Cass a new Abyssal One in the last chapter
Old 2011-12-15, 20:29   Link #525
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Aaaaand?

We talk about whatever we want here - their can't be an individual thread for every little aspect - it's been tried and, seeing how the image thread is really the only other updated thread anymore, it hasn't worked for years.

It's no big deal really The chapter threads are treated like general threads; if it wasn't, it would rarely get updated.
Old 2011-12-15, 20:30   Link #526
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Zombie Abysmal One

That or, Zebra Attacking Otters.

Actually, I think I like the latter far more.
Not to be confused with the other acronym that's Claymore related that starts with ZA, the ZACS.

Now was that, Zombie Amazon Claymore Strippers?

Or was that Zebra's Attacking Clam Shells?

If the later it would explain why the Zebra Attacking Otters would attack Zebras in the first place, for taking away there Clam Shells...

Hmmm... I see a new game from Rovio Mobile in the works after they stop making money with endless Angry Bird sequels. I wonder what the Zebras and Otters will sound like? After all the sound effects made that game as big as it is as much as anything else in the games.
Old 2011-12-15, 22:03   Link #527
Nixl

That fits too Ryus, although I was thinking,

Zebras Aboard Clandestine Ships

After all, the Zebras will need warships and scout ships to effectively wage total war on the Otters. The clam shells would of course be necessary targets in order to cut the Otters' supply lines and slowly bleed them out in a battle of attrition before finally delivering the coup de grace.

Moral of the story? Don't fuck with Zebras or their vast legion.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-12-15 at 22:20.
Old 2011-12-16, 05:03   Link #528
MalakTawus

Zebras are dangerous
Old 2011-12-16, 06:47   Link #529
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
I know what you mean... but it could be worse. We could be talking about, uh, zebras or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday
thanks for that
Miria was just starting to call Cass a New Abyssal One in the last chapter
For some reason, ZAO sounds more interesting than NAO. And no, not because of the zebra references....
Old 2011-12-16, 20:24   Link #530
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I belive that in the future Claire will awaken completely to fight against Prissy and somehow come back "human" after the fight (maybe not as soon as the fight ends).....or maybe Prissy herself will be brought back to "human" by Claire, even if something huge should happen for Claire to change her mind so much.
Anyway all this is a 100% speculation,Yagi could go both ways.

I simply speculated that in the future MAYBE Claire could be an exception to this rule thanx to her different body,and maybe it's really difficult but not impossible to revert an AB like Prissy since it seems she really has part of her mind that is still "innocent" (her child-persona)......but like i said this is nothing more than speculation for the future,for now AB stays AB.
In a Clare versus Priscilla fight part 2(against abyssal Priscilla), Clare will have to awake her entire body in order to have a chance. I agree, the thing is how to come back.

I was giving this some thought and since you have been talking about techniques maybe it’s possible via the soulink. I think the autor picked twins because almost in every culture is believed that twins have some special connection; and that’s how here they do the soul link, and no other pair of claymores can do this. What if Galatea and Clare use their yoki synchronization to emulate the link that twins naturally have? Galatea can be a good anchor allowing Clare to use her full potential. I say that this is possible because Galatea knows how the soul link works; Rubel explained the basic aspects of it to her. Also, because Galatea and Clare worked together in the past and trust each other. The problem is that they have no experience and things could easily go wrong but ever since Galatea became blind her perception has increased big time, also Clare has a long history of developing new techniques as she goes along so it might work. Maybe that’s the real reason why Galatea was left behind at Rabona.

Priscilla reverting to a claymore status? Even if it was possible, the question might be would she be willing to give up all of her power in order to do this?
Old 2011-12-17, 05:40   Link #531
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
In a Clare versus Priscilla fight part 2(against abyssal Priscilla), Clare will have to awake her entire body in order to have a chance. I agree, the thing is how to come back.

I was giving this some thought and since you have been talking about techniques maybe it’s possible via the soulink. I think the autor picked twins because almost in every culture is believed that twins have some special connection; and that’s how here they do the soul link, and no other pair of claymores can do this. What if Galatea and Clare use their yoki synchronization to emulate the link that twins naturally have? Galatea can be a good anchor allowing Clare to use her full potential. I say that this is possible because Galatea knows how the soul link works; Rubel explained the basic aspects of it to her. Also, because Galatea and Clare worked together in the past and trust each other. The problem is that they have no experience and things could easily go wrong but ever since Galatea became blind her perception has increased big time, also Clare has a long history of developing new techniques as she goes along so it might work. Maybe that’s the real reason why Galatea was left behind at Rabona.

Priscilla reverting to a claymore status? Even if it was possible, the question might be would she be willing to give up all of her power in order to do this?
About Claire:

I also thought about the Gala-Claire combination,but imo it wouldn't work because the most important factor in soul link seems to be something different than pure ability (that Gala surely doesn't lack) and instead seems to be require a "special connection between the two warriors",something personal.

That's why i started to speculate that the key for Claire to come back from a full awakening is OR completely unrelated to the soul link (basically something that is possible simply thanx to her special body,afterall she IS NOT a normal claymore) OR the result of a soul-link between Claire and Teresa.
This second speculation is based on the possibility that maybe Teresa's soul is REALLY inside Claire.....

About Prissy:

The "trick" to bring her back to normal that i speculated is based on the hypothesis that since she has a split personality,even if one of her personality is already corrupted,maybe it's possible to bring her back using the innocent personality,so her coming back would be similar to Jean's coming back since her mind (in Priscilla's case,her child-persona's mind) was still human.

Of course first Claire should defeat the corrupted personality,if not it's impossible to bring her back.
Old 2011-12-17, 05:56   Link #532
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
I know what you mean... but it could be worse. We could be talking about, uh, zebras or something.

For some reason, ZAO sounds more interesting than NAO. And no, not because of the zebra references....
thanks for the encouragement

by the way.......

nice signature
Old 2011-12-17, 08:58   Link #533
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak
Of course first Claire should defeat the corrupted personality,if not it's impossible to bring her back.
It could be like the Hulk, in that both sides of her become aware of eachother and reach an agreement of sorts - thus, Priscilla would regain all of her memories and would finally be "whole" again.

On the flip side, if Claire really does "kill" her awakened-persona, if that's possible, that could also satisfy her revenge, as it is that corrupted persona that is responsible for Teresa's death and pretty much every murder Priscilla did. It depends on how literal we get with her two personas.

Personally, I don't mind whatsoever if Priscilla regresses to a half-awakened state and loses much of her power.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-17 at 11:49.
Old 2011-12-17, 10:30   Link #534
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:

Personally, I don't mind whatsoever if Priscilla regresses to a half-awakened state and loses much of her power
I would like it if Clare would just kill Priscilla. I don't want priscilla to turn back into a human. I want Clare to get her revenge and kill priscilla without awakening either. I don't think that Clare would be able come back from a full awakening, so I don't want her to even try it.

Even if Priscilla somehow turned back into human, do you really think that Clare would forgive her? Clare really wants to kill her, it doesn't matter to Clare if she isn't "evil" anymore. It is still Priscilla who killed Teresa.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-17, 14:21   Link #535
MalakTawus

Quote:
It could be like the Hulk, in that both sides of her become aware of eachother and reach an agreement of sorts - thus, Priscilla would regain all of her memories and would finally be "whole" again.

On the flip side, if Claire really does "kill" her awakened-persona, if that's possible, that could also satisfy her revenge, as it is that corrupted persona that is responsible for Teresa's death and pretty much every murder Priscilla did. It depends on how literal we get with her two personas.

Personally, I don't mind whatsoever if Priscilla regresses to a half-awakened state and loses much of her power.
Yup,Prissy could also regain her "whole persona" as you suggested.

I also don't mind at all if Prissy return being an half awakened (losing part of her powers),BUT only after a big showdown against Claire,lol.

Maybe it's just me but i REALLY REALLY hope to see awakened Prissy against awakened Claire,that would be so epic that i'd probably read and reread those chapters nonstop,lol.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:13   Link #536
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

We have 3 new AOs, this means that Ramona is in danger. Galatea has to act. What if she frees Clare and take her place?

We know that its her job to come up with a plan in respect to Clare and Priscilla.

I can't think of any other way for her to free Clare and not free Priscilla at the same time. Once Clare and her group kills the new AOs, they can go back and try to save Galatea, but it might be to late for her.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:17   Link #537
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
About Claire:

I also thought about the Gala-Claire combination,but imo it wouldn't work because the most important factor in soul link seems to be something different than pure ability (that Gala surely doesn't lack) and instead seems to be require a "special connection between the two warriors",something personal.

That's why i started to speculate that the key for Claire to come back from a full awakening is OR completely unrelated to the soul link (basically something that is possible simply thanx to her special body,afterall she IS NOT a normal claymore) OR the result of a soul-link between Claire and Teresa.
This second speculation is based on the possibility that maybe Teresa's soul is REALLY inside Claire.....

About Prissy:

The "trick" to bring her back to normal that i speculated is based on the hypothesis that since she has a split personality,even if one of her personality is already corrupted,maybe it's possible to bring her back using the innocent personality,so her coming back would be similar to Jean's coming back since her mind (in Priscilla's case,her child-persona's mind) was still human.

About Clare I think that those are good speculations (including the one about Priscilla being brought back to “human” by Clare), don’t know if they are possible thou. I also think that you are right about the Galatea-Claire combo, the soul link might be a hard thing to duplicate. But if Galatea could somehow (maybe by Galatea tapping into Clare’s mind and doing a reverse version of what she did to Dauf) instead if messing with someones yoki try to keep the flow of it channeled and unable to harm Clares spirit.

I also like this because I maybe want to see Galatea in action once again, were she should be and not in the sidelines. I hate the idea that she missed the rebellion because se preferred to be teaching some snotty kids who only want to stare at her boobs or to take a peek under her habit, those perverts.

About Priscilla that’s a very good argument, I never thought about Priscilla having like 2 different people living inside of her but it's true that when the innocent part of her surfaced she totally rejected the “awakened being” way of life. So you think that some sort of exorcism might bring her back to normal, I wish it was possible because I think she deserves a second chance, what happened when she killed Teresa, happened when she was under a lot of pressure from Irene, and gave the general impression that she was just one murderous lying psycho. But I believe it might not be possible to bring her back plus willingly she has no real reason to do so (no family, no friends, no love interest). She is really happy killing and doing anything she pleases now that she has most of her memory back, so her innocence alone won’t mean much unless she really sees the point of view of humans or claymores once again and sees the monster that she has become.

Claymore! I know I’m sounding like a hypocrite for saying this but like El Chavo likes to say “vengeance is no good, it kills and poisons the soul” so killing Priscilla might not be such a good idea for Clare and she already has sacrificed things by desperately seeking her revenge. Plus it might turn into something cyclical, because “what if” after Clare defeating Prisiclla someone comes picks up pieces of dead Priscilla (maybe someone crazy like Dae), goes to Rubel and asks for a makeover; it might be revenge all over again :P.

I have always seen Clare as Teresa’s Daughter and I see the 3 resurrected number one’s kinda like Priscilla’s daughters, so I might be pleased if Clare asserts her revenge on those three, if she ever gets the change to meet them.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:19   Link #538
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
We have 3 new AOs, this means that Ramona is in danger
Ramona? Ramona Flowers?

Ramona does sound like a cool girl's name - Yagi should have considered it over names like Nike or Phina -_____-
Old 2011-12-17, 17:32   Link #539
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
We have 3 new AOs, this means that Ramona is in danger. Galatea has to act. What if she frees Clare and take her place?

We know that its her job to come up with a plan in respect to Clare and Priscilla.

I can't think of any other way for her to free Clare and not free Priscilla at the same time. Once Clare and her group kills the new AOs, they can go back and try to save Galatea, but it might be to late for her.
I like your idea, with her mental power I see this very posible, who knows if the blob would accept her thou, it kinda kills everything it thouches other than Clare. But anything that makes Galatea more useful it's great.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:37   Link #540
MalakTawus

People,do you think that Yagi will decide to conclude the "rebels VS ZAOs scenario" or will instead opt to shift the scenario again and return to Claire and Prissy inside that blob?

Btw ATM, i totally agree with you that Gala definitely deserves some action,it's just that i usually forget about her 'cause i'm too frustrated by the lack of Claire's action in this arc.
Closed Thread