AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 09:37   Link #4501
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
if I was Godou, I'd angry and say something like
Spoiler for this:
That was so retro
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 10:41   Link #4502
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
As for the girls, they were noble by default. Erica was even considered royalty by most, since one of her ancestors was a campione--even though she descended from an illegitimate line.
Was it ever mentioned in the untranslated volumes who this Campione ancestor was? I've been wondering about this since it was mentioned. The only candidates that qualify are the oldest ones, Aisha and Voban. Lu Hao seems to be pretty "pure" to ever have descendants since she says she's a maiden and doesn't have much contact with males.
Or was there a previous Campione that existed but he/she died. Or does this not matter in the long run.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 10:55   Link #4503
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Was it ever mentioned in the untranslated volumes who this Campione ancestor was? I've been wondering about this since it was mentioned. The only candidates that qualify are the oldest ones, Aisha and Voban. Lu Hao seems to be pretty "pure" to ever have descendants since she says she's a maiden and doesn't have much contact with males.
Or was there a previous Campione that existed but he/she died. Or does this not matter in the long run.
It doesn't have to be one of the ones still living. There were plenty of other Campiones that either fell in fights with gods or were wiped out by the Last King. Actually, the current generation(with the exception of Aisha) isn't even that old. Even Luo Hao and Voban, who are the oldest, are only about 200 or so. Aisha is 1000+ at least, but she was from a previous generation and escaped the purge done by the Last King.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 18:23   Link #4504
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
That was so retro
ahh... I get dat pic from certain shojou manga dat publish round 2 or 3 decade back den..
Old 2012-10-09, 18:34   Link #4505
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
It doesn't have to be one of the ones still living. There were plenty of other Campiones that either fell in fights with gods or were wiped out by the Last King. Actually, the current generation(with the exception of Aisha) isn't even that old. Even Luo Hao and Voban, who are the oldest, are only about 200 or so. Aisha is 1000+ at least, but she was from a previous generation and escaped the purge done by the Last King.
Or they could have been done in by other campiones. Lady Aisha is actually around 1800 years old, just to be precise. But yeah, the last King wiped out a fair amount of campiones(several times actually). A spoiler I recounted a month of so ago detailed how during the time of the western roman empire(nearing it's collapse) was quite a number of campiones.
Spoiler for vol 10:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 18:41   Link #4506
GundamFan

Quote:
There are evil magicians anywhere. It's not like they would be dumb enough to try and bother a campione.....If they know he's a campione, I doubt they would even move near where he lives....But before he does that, he should move to Saudi Arabia. They can legally marry up to four women there.
True there are evil mages in every country but as far as we know the U.S. is the only country where the overwhelming majority of the magic practioners are dark mages and given that they frequently fight with JPS there is no reason to believe that being a Campione will be enough to scare them off.

As far as the whole situation with Yuki I'm thinking Godou is probably a bit used to people looking down on him the majority of the magicial world thinks he is some sort of sex crazed prevert who collects women. And maybe Godou will surprise you him and Erica may cooking up something for awhile as far as how to permentantly deal with the nobles I can't imagine Godou or his 2 Italian ladies are happy that the nobles tried to drive the 2 of them off because they weren't Japanese.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 18:45   Link #4507
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
True there are evil mages in every country but as far as we know the U.S. is the only country where the overwhelming majority of the magic practioners are dark mages and given that they frequently fight with JPS there is no reason to believe that being a Campione will be enough to scare them off.

As far as the whole situation with Yuki I'm thinking Godou is probably a bit used to people looking down on him the majority of the magicial world thinks he is some sort of sex crazed prevert who collects women. And maybe Godou will surprise you him and Erica may cooking up something for awhile as far as how to permentantly deal with the nobles I can't imagine Godou or his 2 Italian ladies are happy that the nobles tried to drive the 2 of them off because they weren't Japanese.
Wasn't that Susanoo's plan though?As for dark magicians, the only reason why JPS is frequently fighting dark magicians is because she goes around and hunt them down.IN a sense, she's a bit similar to the Roman Campione I mentioned earlier--she enjoys hunting humans.
Old 2012-10-09, 19:15   Link #4508
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

'cus me, sorry if I mentioned somethin dat already bein told, but is last king is yamato no takeru..?? cuz my brain capablity only gasp round dat ...
Old 2012-10-09, 19:22   Link #4509
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
'cus me, sorry if I mentioned somethin dat already bein told, but is last king is yamato no takeru..?? cuz my brain capablity only gasp round dat ...
Not even close to who the Last King is. The Last King is
Spoiler for vol 13:
Old 2012-10-09, 19:26   Link #4510
aswad

isnt that the prince who was feared by his father
aswad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 21:30   Link #4511
GundamFan

Quote:
Wasn't that Susanoo's plan though?
Actaully it was cooked up by both Ran Seishuuin and Susanoo and the History Compilation Committee didn't really object to it either sure they tried to talk Ena out of it but it was purely to avoid a political mess. Also there orginal plan was for Ena to get rid of all of Godou's women including Yuri now Ena never had any intentions of doing anything to her friend but that was her descion.

Quote:
As for dark magicians, the only reason why JPS is frequently fighting dark magicians is because she goes around and hunt them down.IN a sense, she's a bit similar to the Roman Campione I mentioned earlier--she enjoys hunting humans.
To a certain degree JPS may seeking them but they aren't really staying away from him either it's not like he is traveling to hunt them. And let's face it if dark mages start stirring up large scale trouble in the city Godou is in he'll get dragged into it.

At any rate Godou is going to have to do something sooner or later about the nobles whether it's political or going God of War on there asses and I'm really hoping he goes with the later option. Heck maybe he'll use what ever power Circe gave him.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:00   Link #4512
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Actaully it was cooked up by both Ran Seishuuin and Susanoo and the History Compilation Committee didn't really object to it either sure they tried to talk Ena out of it but it was purely to avoid a political mess. Also there orginal plan was for Ena to get rid of all of Godou's women including Yuri now Ena never had any intentions of doing anything to her friend but that was her descion.
Of course they didn't object. Opposition to a god equals opposition to a campione=suicide.

Quote:
To a certain degree JPS may seeking them but they aren't really staying away from him either it's not like he is traveling to hunt them. And let's face it if dark mages start stirring up large scale trouble in the city Godou is in he'll get dragged into it..
They most probably thought that because the country is so large(indeed, the U.S. is massive), there'd be no way JPS could be anywhere. Besides, they most likely thought that JPS wouldn't be aware. As for Godou, he can always just pretend there isn't something happening. It's not like Dark Magicians can only be defeated by a campione. If I am correct, there is actually a U.S. Federal Government Department who have Magicians to deal with the dark ones.

Quote:

At any rate Godou is going to have to do something sooner or later about the nobles whether it's political or going God of War on there asses and I'm really hoping he goes with the later option. Heck maybe he'll use what ever power Circe gave him.
I don't even know if the author would bother give a follow-up on this issue. Godou's reaction was so stoic that I don't even know what he was thinking.
Old 2012-10-09, 22:16   Link #4513
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

That is the thing isn't it, so far Godou will use rationally and sensibility for everything. Its one of the few things he haven't progress as a character, to take action on his own accord. Almost every single God or Campione he fought was the notion "there isn't any other choice", its all good that he wants to live like a normal being but letting things slide until "there is no other way" to take action doesn't look good.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:37   Link #4514
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Then, would you rather Godou become battlelusted like Voban? Or carefree like Doni? Or grandiose like JPS? Or maybe fickle like Luo Cuilian? Just face it, none of the campione is exactly normal, and Godou's insistence in normalcy might be his abnormality in itself. In a way, those campiones might not be that different from the heretic gods they fight with in how they expect some sacrifice from the mass is just the norm for them to get what they want.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:40   Link #4515
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Then, would you rather Godou become battlelusted like Voban? Or carefree like Doni? Or grandiose like JPS? Or maybe fickle like Luo Cuilian? Just face it, none of the campione is exactly normal, and Godou's insistence in normalcy might be his abnormality in itself.
Godou in vol 10 was quite awesome though hehe
Old 2012-10-09, 22:54   Link #4516
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am not saying any of that, of course I don't want him to adopt any strange personality of the other Campiones. The thing I want him to progress is to make choice for himself. To take action when the circumstance demands it, to know what has to be done without letting things slide until you can't ignore it anymore. Godou's insistence on normality is a problem, he knows he is in the position where normal things are no longer an existence. Gods are not going to follow what rules Modern society morals and standards are, Campione sure are not, and situation will keep popping up where there is no ounce of normality in there. In vol 13, Yuri is place in a position that is very difficult. Nobility has been abolish since the Constitution of Japan was enacted in May 3,1947 so the notion of this being normal is out the window. If vol 14 starts out with the conflict between Nobles and Yuri, where Yuri is against it. Then its Godou's time to make a stand and choice or let it slide trying to be normal while one of his "friend" is in a difficult time.
Old 2012-10-09, 23:00   Link #4517
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am not saying any of that, of course I don't want him to adopt any strange personality of the other Campiones. The thing I want him to progress is to make choice for himself. To take action when the circumstance demands it, to know what has to be done without letting things slide until you can't ignore it anymore. Godou's insistence on normality is a problem, he knows he is in the position where normal things are no longer an existence. Gods are not going to follow what rules Modern society morals and standards are, Campione sure are not, and situation will keep popping up where there is no ounce of normality in there. In vol 13, Yuri is place in a position that is very difficult. Nobility has been abolish since the Constitution of Japan was enacted in May 3,1947 so the notion of this being normal is out the window. If vol 14 starts out with the conflict between Nobles and Yuri, where Yuri is against it. Then its Godou's time to make a stand and choice or let it slide trying to be normal while one of his "friend" is in a difficult time.
He suggested that he would help Yuri in vol 13, but the reason he didn't do so was not cause of his insistence on being normal but rather it's Yuri that didn't want him to use his power to help her. He shown signs of getting more and more use to this campione stuff and imo to some degree he is already prepared for what he has to do.
Old 2012-10-09, 23:04   Link #4518
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
He suggested that he would help Yuri in vol 13, but the reason he didn't do so was not cause of his insistence on being normal but rather it's Yuri that didn't want him to use his power to help her. He shown signs of getting more and more use to this campione stuff and imo to some degree he is already prepared for what he has to do.
I thought Darth said he was indifferent during the situation first arrived, if that is the case than my argument is null and void.
Old 2012-10-09, 23:14   Link #4519
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I thought Darth said he was indifferent during the situation first arrived, if that is the case than my argument is null and void.
I think it was in the conversation with Hikari where he mentioned that he would do something if Yuri were to speak to him about it cause it was his fault things became like this, then Hikari replied with that she don't think Yuri really mind, and that she don't really care about what other people said. It was just my opinion that I think Godou will actually do what's necessary if it's required, and he's quite mentally prepared at this point. I apologize if it caused any confusion
Old 2012-10-10, 00:03   Link #4520
Nekoppi

Quote:
They most probably thought that because the country is so large(indeed, the U.S. is massive), there'd be no way JPS could be anywhere. Besides, they most likely thought that JPS wouldn't be aware. As for Godou, he can always just pretend there isn't something happening. It's not like Dark Magicians can only be defeated by a campione. If I am correct, there is actually a U.S. Federal Government Department who have Magicians to deal with the dark ones.
You mean the group that got nearly wiped out in the 1 week where JPS was thought to be dead?

I think America is supposed to be unique in that, due to certain history, the Dark Magicians out number the benevolent magicians. Hence why JPS was necessary. Well, that and the few gods who pop up every now and than.
Nekoppi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem