AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 02:04   Link #4521
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I think it was in the conversation with Hikari where he mentioned that he would do something if Yuri were to speak to him about it cause it was his fault things became like this, then Hikari replied with that she don't think Yuri really mind, and that she don't really care about what other people said. It was just my opinion that I think Godou will actually do what's necessary if it's required, and he's quite mentally prepared at this point. I apologize if it caused any confusion
ya mean, dat yuri herself wanna do somethin bout her problem with those NOOBle without godou help..??
Old 2012-10-10, 02:30   Link #4522
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
ya mean, dat yuri herself wanna do somethin bout her problem with those NOOBle without godou help..??
Imo she didn't care about what other people said. She's that type of person, it's not that she will do something about it, but rather she won't do anything about it and just ignore it.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:36   Link #4523
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Imo she didn't care about what other people said. She's that type of person, it's not that she will do something about it, but rather she won't do anything about it and just ignore it.
so she act like seein those NOOBles as barkin dogs....
Old 2012-10-10, 03:38   Link #4524
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
I think it was in the conversation with Hikari where he mentioned that he would do something if Yuri were to speak to him about it cause it was his fault things became like this, then Hikari replied with that she don't think Yuri really mind, and that she don't really care about what other people said. It was just my opinion that I think Godou will actually do what's necessary if it's required, and he's quite mentally prepared at this point. I apologize if it caused any confusion
I reread the section. You were right about what they said, but Godou's involvement is pretty limited. He doesn't try to press the matter as if he hasn't heard the matter. He doesn't even investigate whether Mariya really doesn't need help or if they just don't wanna bother him--given Mariya's timid nature. He is, after-all, a party in this affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoppi View Post
You mean the group that got nearly wiped out in the 1 week where JPS was thought to be dead?

I think America is supposed to be unique in that, due to certain history, the Dark Magicians out number the benevolent magicians. Hence why JPS was necessary. Well, that and the few gods who pop up every now and than.
Can't believe the United States is willing to accrue so much debt on military affairs, but is unwilling to even hire the bare minimum amount of magicians to defend their own country. With the money they spend on military research, they could have easily hired mercenary magicians from other countries in the event they don't really have enough benevolent magicians. Alternatively, they could have even struck a deal with some foreign magic association for support in return for favors.There's just so many ways they could have gotten their hands on magicians with their country's might. But those fellows didn't nearly get wiped out. They were only a branch office.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:44   Link #4525
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, has it been stated in the novel if the United States in Campione is as strong as the real world United States?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:50   Link #4526
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, has it been stated in the novel if the United States in Campione is as strong as the real world United States?
The author hasn't said that the world in Campione is a parallel universe to our own. Therefore, it's fair to assume that the US in Campione is as strong as the real US.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:00   Link #4527
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The author hasn't said that the world in Campione is a parallel universe to our own. Therefore, it's fair to assume that the US in Campione is as strong as the real US.
Ummm, what's the point of this?
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:04   Link #4528
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, I don't know about that. The real US doesn't have to pay for all those damages caused by JPS whenever she transformed, not to mention the damage caused by JPS when fighting a heretic god. I always assume that the world in fantasy series is always a parallel world unless it's stated otherwise because well, the situation is just too different to assume the same logic in real life also apply to its counterpart in the fantasy world. For example, the existence of magic alone might have change US financial power in Campione's world considering US can be considered "new" country and magic might be much less advanced in there.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:04   Link #4529
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Ummm, what's the point of this?
No idea, that guy may be trying to argue that the US in Campione! is actually a third world country, hence has no money or influence to get the adequate number of aurors(a term from Harry Potter which refers to magic police) to maintain public security.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:10   Link #4530
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, that's the gist of it, although I wouldn't call as far as third world country, just not as strong as the real world US. Actually, considering so far, the magician shown in the novel usually belong to an old line of magician in the country(something like knighthood), I even doubt if there is magician for hire in the novel's world or not. Alliance is a definite possibility though, although the question become, is the magician in the magician association will be willing to help other country considering how usually magician association is portrayed as a very closed assocation in fiction.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-10-10 at 04:53.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:10   Link #4531
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
I don't even know if Kaoru will ever appear in fights. It's been mentioned that Kaoru is second in Japan in terms of swordsmanship and divination, but she's never been shown doing anything. She's always behind the front lines cleaning up messes caused by campiones or gods. I don't know if she will ever leave that post. Unlike other girls, she just lacks the motivation to do this.You can even say that she may be even smarter than Erica in terms of scheming. If Godou loses, oh well, at least I survived( the rest of the girls would be dead or seriously injured).As the most senior member of Godou's staff(yes, I would actually count her as a member of his direct staff), combined with her family influence, she would have easily been left to take control. If Godou wins, oh well, I helped him manage things from transportation to cleaning up messes. I'm an indispensable asset to the campione, he'd have to listen to me a lot because I'm such a great contributor to his cause. She simply just occupies one of the spots that has the least amount of risk whilst having the greatest amount to win should Godou succeed. Because she doesn't really have any commitment to Godou, I don't really trust her that much.
True, that is why I want Godou to take more control of his growing political power and not let "other" to use him as a stepping stone, which btw everyone is already.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:30   Link #4532
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well, that's the gist of it, although I wouldn't call as far as third world country, just not as strong as the real world US. Actually, considering so far, the magician shown in the novel usually belong to an old line of magician in the country(something like knighthood), I even doubt if there is magician for hire in the novel's world or not. Alliance is a definite possibility though, although the question become, is the magician in the magician association considering how usually magician association is portrayed very closed toward outside interference in fiction.
Old lineage does not mean not for hire. Historically speaking, bloodline has nothing to do with whether an individual becomes a mercenary or not. In fact, some of the younger sons of Kings or even some rulers themselves, such Charles William Ferdinand, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel(technically an equal to his employer, the King of Prussia since they are both vassals of the HRE), a small German state,have hired themselves out as soldiers to other countries. More importantly,with enough money, anyone could be hired.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-10 at 04:54.
Old 2012-10-10, 05:08   Link #4533
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, people need to eat in real life after all lol. In fantasy fiction though, the old lineage are often portrayed to be able to survive and prosper on pride alone and don't seem to be willing to stoop so low to being mercenaries.

Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway, I was just bored waiting for my computer to finish running the program and try to liven up the discussion a bit. Until vol 13, there's not enough information to accurately depict the political situation in campione's world anyway(whether between the government or between the agician association between each country) so all discussion will simply become speculation vs speculation(unless I miss the information, in which case, please kindly enlighten me ^_^). Sorru for derailing the topic a little bit.
Old 2012-10-10, 05:16   Link #4534
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well, people need to eat in real life after all lol. In fantasy fiction though, the old lineage are often portrayed to be able to survive and prosper on pride alone and don't seem to be willing to stoop so low to being mercenaries.
Not really. Becoming a mercenary isn't actually dishonorable.It's an opportunity to get wealthy and famous through martial prowess--something that aristocrats pride as their advantage over 'commoners'.I know a lot of fantasy fiction where the younger sons get sent to become soldiers whether it's in the army of their own country or another.Transferring allegiance from one group to another is quite common. In fact, there's already an example. Erica and Lilianna
Spoiler for vol 13:
Then again, there's no need to hire aristocrats as auras in the first place. There's plenty of other magicians who are just as talented who would just serve anyone as long as they are properly paid.The male protagonist from Kaze no Stigma ,for example, is from a magician-aristocratic family, but serves throughout the series pretty much as a mercenary. There's also Kiritsugu Emiya....and Touko Aozaki from the typemoon series who are pretty much free-lance/mercenaries.It's usually just the eldest sons or family patriarchs who clung on to honour over reason.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-10 at 05:43.
Old 2012-10-10, 07:52   Link #4535
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Talking Kaze no Stigma, I really like the story too bad the author pass away without completing it and it impossible for another author to continue it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 18:37   Link #4536
GundamFan

Quote:
They most probably thought that because the country is so large(indeed, the U.S. is massive), there'd be no way JPS could be anywhere. Besides, they most likely thought that JPS wouldn't be aware.
I'd say you have a point if they weren't fighting him in LA the city that he makes as the base of his operations and is seen in most of the times. It would be like a DC villian commiting a crime in Metropolis and being shocked that Superman was in the area.

Quote:
As for Godou, he can always just pretend there isn't something happening. It's not like Dark Magicians can only be defeated by a campione.
He could ignore but I don't think he would especially if found out any background info about the region which makes it pretty clear the SSI itself is out manned and out gunned.

Quote:
If I am correct, there is actually a U.S. Federal Government Department who have Magicians to deal with the dark ones.
A group so small and inept before the night that JPS was supposedly killed was even over the orgization was paralyzed due ranking members being either dark mages themselves or brainwashed by them.

Quote:
I don't even know if the author would bother give a follow-up on this issue. Godou's reaction was so stoic that I don't even know what he was thinking.
Was it just gossiping or did seem like someone was really planning something against. Because I can kind of see why Godou with the craziness swirling around wouldn't even consider the d-bag nobles worth the time and effort of dealing with them especially since Ena already a solution.

Quote:
Can't believe the United States is willing to accrue so much debt on military affairs, but is unwilling to even hire the bare minimum amount of magicians to defend their own country. With the money they spend on military research, they could have easily hired mercenary magicians from other countries in the event they don't really have enough benevolent magicians. Alternatively, they could have even struck a deal with some foreign magic association for support in return for favors.There's just so many ways they could have gotten their hands on magicians with their country's might. But those fellows didn't nearly get wiped out. They were only a branch office.
It struck me as a bit odd to but it's how the picture has been painted in Vol 6 &7 at least between the whole dealing in L.A. and Annie Charlton introduction as Benevolent mage a title given to all none villianous mages because of there small presence in North America.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 19:26   Link #4537
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I'd say you have a point if they weren't fighting him in LA the city that he makes as the base of his operations and is seen in most of the times. It would be like a DC villian commiting a crime in Metropolis and being shocked that Superman was in the area.
You have a point. But the dark magicians must be stupid then. It's obvious that you cannot fight a campione unless you are a god or another campione. But after rereading the first chapter six, it strikes me that the magic knowledge of magicians of NA are somewhat deficient. Jack, J.P.S' friend, and a member of the SSI(US magic government agency) does not even know what Campione or 'God Killer' actually meant.He simply thought that JPS was called a God Killer because he was a fearsome person. If a government officer(who was also a magician) does not know, I doubt the average dark magician would know.

Quote:
Was it just gossiping or did seem like someone was really planning something against. Because I can kind of see why Godou with the craziness swirling around wouldn't even consider the d-bag nobles worth the time and effort of dealing with them especially since Ena already a solution.
No idea which.

Quote:
It struck me as a bit odd to but it's how the picture has been painted in Vol 6 &7 at least between the whole dealing in L.A. and Annie Charlton introduction as Benevolent mage a title given to all none villianous mages because of there small presence in North America.
That's why they should just hire mercenaries. With the money they spend each year upgrading their military, they could have just diverted those cash into fixing public security.
Old 2012-10-10, 20:05   Link #4538
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
You have a point. But the dark magicians must be stupid then. It's obvious that you cannot fight a campione unless you are a god or another campione. But after rereading the first chapter six, it strikes me that the magic knowledge of magicians of NA are somewhat deficient. Jack, J.P.S' friend, and a member of the SSI(US magic government agency) does not even know what Campione or 'God Killer' actually meant.He simply thought that JPS was called a God Killer because he was a fearsome person. If a government officer(who was also a magician) does not know, I doubt the average dark magician would know.
It's not quite that simple, wasn't the reason all the dark mages were in L.A. because of the angel's remains? In any case, I doubt they picked the fight, JPS probably stopped their nefarious deeds. BTW, Jack isn't a magician actually.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:17   Link #4539
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's not quite that simple, wasn't the reason all the dark mages were in L.A. because of the angel's remains? In any case, I doubt they picked the fight, JPS probably stopped their nefarious deeds. BTW, Jack isn't a magician actually.
They were there because of the angel's remains, but hell, I don't even know why they even bothered. If are trying to find it, they should just give up--
Spoiler for vol 10:
About Jack, it's been said that he used to be a police officer and he used a gun, but are you sure he's no magician?He's been selected by SSI because of his premonition abilities to tell the danger levels of enemies.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:27   Link #4540
GundamFan

Quote:
Actaully I think all of the mages in the U.S. both good and evil are pretty lacking when it comes to intelligence the SSI seems to be a rather weak orgization and the sorcerers are hunting for something In Campione stomping grounds that they aren't really sure what it does and if it's even still been in the region rescently.

Quote:
That's why they should just hire mercenaries. With the money they spend each year upgrading their military, they could have just diverted those cash into fixing public security.
We don't know that much about the old established magicial socities it's quite possible that they don't normally let members leave there orginaztions alive. I know that Liliana and Erica did but since they were going to be serving Godou a Campione that would make it far from typicial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Quote:
They were there because of the angel's remains, but hell, I don't even know why they even bothered. If are trying to find it, they should just give up--
Spoiler for vol 10:
About Jack, it's been said that he used to be a police officer and he used a gun, but are you sure he's no magician?He's been selected by SSI because of his premonition abilities to tell the danger levels of enemies.
One thing that was drawing in the dark mages was the angel's remains but a holy relic vague claim of giving ultimate magicial power that you can't confirm was ever there seems like a pretty dumb reason to be going head to head with a god slayer.

As far as Jack goes whether he was a mage or not it's irrelvant he was a member of the SSI and very involved with dealings JPS if the SSI was worth it's salt he would have known.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem