AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 31 18.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 31.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 30.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 14.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-27, 17:14   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
My response to Kaioshin_Sama would be...

Spoiler:
Wow I like you and your logical thinking and rationalizion. I think you put things in perspective better than I could have since you've read the novels in Japanese or Chinese and I can't read those languages. I wish there were more like you.
Old 2006-06-27, 17:15   Link #62
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I found this hard to rate since this episode lacked what I loved about the previous episode but in it's place we we're given the explanation of why Haruhi is Haruhi and the proof of closed space/Itsuki's power, so in the end I gave it a 9.
Old 2006-06-27, 17:25   Link #63
clearacell
Otaku with tacos

I gave it an 8. I knew this wasn't going to be the most interesting episode of the season so I was prepared for that :P. Next episode is going to be great though, it's gonna be a nice ending...and hopefully a hint of there being a 2nd season in the "outro" portion.
Old 2006-06-27, 17:39   Link #64
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Now this episode wasn't as fun as usual but we finally got a bit of insight on what the heck is going on.

So 3 years ago a bunch of people realize they're espers with strange powers when in closed spaces.Also 3 years ago the Data Entity sends Asakura and Yuki to the human world to watch Haruhi.And of course 3 years ago was when Haruhi reliazed she wasn't as special as she had though. (she sais it happened at the end of her sixth grade,while middle school lasts 3 years and the series begins during the first year of high school)

Now I"m wondering,did she gain the ability to shape the world,or did she always have that power,except it never manifested itself until the 6th grade because she was happy until then?

Also it's very interesting how Koizumi sort of blamed Kyon for every unnatural events that happened so far.
Old 2006-06-27, 17:41   Link #65
Seyluun

Gave it a 7, this episode may have been a necessary evil but I still felt somewhat cheated of my weekly Haruhi fix.
Old 2006-06-27, 17:41   Link #66
Seyluun

Dp. Oranges are good for you.
Old 2006-06-27, 18:43   Link #67
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm going to give it a 9.
Like others said, plenty of info given to get us up to speed as to what really is going on, but with no "wow" thing to bump up the rating (IMHO).
I agree that the fight with the Shinjin<Celestial> was too short and could have been made longer... though it was exactly like novel one's chapter six described.
Old 2006-06-27, 19:07   Link #68
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I have to give this episode a 9. It was very well done, and while it left out a few things was very faithful to the novel. KyoAni did another great job. I'm now looking foward to the last episode even more than I had been. If KyoAni does this good a job with that, I know I won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Importantly they fail to show how silent the space is. Kyon mentioned that the silence made their voice sound very clear and its very uncomfortable. The inclusion of a bgm in the closed space before the shinjin appears wasn't a good choice. But I must say that the actions of the shinjin was extremely well done and its bgm was great.
That's it! I knew there was something off about that, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I read your post. If they had left out the bgm, and made the footsteps and voices more pronounced, it would have been better, and possibly would have gotten a ten from me.
Quote:
Japanese version: There's not a single car moving.
Chinese version: There's not a single car moving on the road.
Bakatsuki English version: There's not a single vehicle on the road.

Translation errors maybe?
None of those are necessarily errors. The chinese version added the phrase on the road, which isn't wrong. However, it was probably unnecessary. When translated to english from that, moving was left out as unnecessary to the english sentence. That translation would also be correct, though the implication does change from there are cars, but none are moving without specifing if they're parked on the side or on the road, to there is no traffic, but there may or may not be parked cars.

What it shows is be wary of translations. Even if the translation is accurate, there may be some lost or altered meaning.
Old 2006-06-27, 19:48   Link #69
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I wasn't terribly wowed by that chapter, actually its one of my least favorites.
Spoiler:
I liked this chapter because of personal reasons and it set me thinking. PM me if you want personal reasons, here are some of the thoughts I had when I read the chapter:
Spoiler:
@Kamui4356: lol I'm glad to know that someone visualised the closed space similar to how I did
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-27, 19:57   Link #70
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Kyon mentioned all the events Haruhi deemed as actions that lost their color in the episode preview. One final clue for ep.14 ending.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:04   Link #71
Anime Online

A very enjoyable episode, it filled out alot of gaps and put some of the puzzle pieces together.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:38   Link #72
Argent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
So 3 years ago a bunch of people realize they're espers with strange powers when in closed spaces.Also 3 years ago the Data Entity sends Asakura and Yuki to the human world to watch Haruhi.And of course 3 years ago was when Haruhi reliazed she wasn't as special as she had though. (she sais it happened at the end of her sixth grade,while middle school lasts 3 years and the series begins during the first year of high school)
I used to think this but I was corrected by those who have read all the stories. Something else happens 3 years ago to trigger her. Something we won't see animated until they do a second season.
Old 2006-06-27, 20:44   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I liked this chapter because of personal reasons and it set me thinking. PM me if you want personal reasons, here are some of the thoughts I had when I read the chapter:
Spoiler:
@Kamui4356: lol I'm glad to know that someone visualised the closed space similar to how I did

Nice to see someone else noticing the "Long View"....
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-27, 20:47   Link #74
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I suppose this episode was informative, unfortunately it was also kinda boring overall because of the longwinded explanations. 7/10
Old 2006-06-27, 20:47   Link #75
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

C.A's comment makes me think of this...
Spoiler:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-27, 20:47   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Nice to see someone else noticing the "Long View"....
Spoiler:
Actually, this episode makes me think the odds of a second season are higher -- its like the introductory setup for the situation our heroes are in.
Old 2006-06-27, 21:13   Link #77
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

@Vexx and panzerfan: After reading both posts, I had some random thoughts lol

Spoiler for , no idea why we are using spoiler tags lol:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-27, 21:28   Link #78
Lost

Spoiler for Off topic:
Argh the sub is out and I'm at school!?!

Spoiler for I guess that spoiler button is just so irresistable:
Old 2006-06-27, 21:30   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Basically, you're reaching the "42" conclusion
What point there is to be had is in appreciating that at this instant, there is a *you* ... a unique bump in the matter-energy matrix that can observe the field around it and appreciate it. Find other bumps that "get it", have fun, and try not to make a mess for the bumps that will come later.
Old 2006-06-27, 21:42   Link #80
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well, a good episode, but not as good as the others. I kinda wanted to slap Kyon, does he not see that Haruhi is having feelings for him. Can he not find any words or actions to comfort her?

It seems this episodes philisophic nature envoked quite a bit of theorizing amongst the fans. A lot of speculations on why we exist it seems. Kinda funny....
Closed Thread