AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 07:35   Link #42781
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That moment where you're listening to other movie soundtracks while writing IS fanfic.

Now I have a picture in my head of the CCs and Athena OCs standing in the middle of Tokyo surrounded by drones and burning wreckage, going with this piece of Avengers music.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:37   Link #42782
Eratas123

I listen to Index music when I'm typing Half expect Touma to bust it and punch Ichika right in the face with Imagine Breaker.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:43   Link #42783
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't like Touma or Kirito hype -I like them as character still-. They might be much better character than typical harem protagonist, who range from "Eh" to "Fucking dumb", but the hype is infuriating sometimes.

And now MuvLuv protagonist join the fray, sigh, people these days...

Hence I stay away from the related forum.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:44   Link #42784
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I could just imagine that. Though if Imagine Breaker actually wipes out his capacity of denseness, that's saying something about Ichika.

@Zero

What about them? I haven't visited the archives for a while now.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:45   Link #42785
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Once again, i have no problem with them as character

But Fandom hype is so unfunny for me and made me stay away.

Muvluv seems to get the worst one, aside from Shirou of FS/N fame (thankfully I'm not interested in nasuverse)
Old 2013-05-06, 07:51   Link #42786
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yukihira Soma deserves to enter such overhype gallery. But for now I'm happy he's a darkhorse

Personally I don't think listening to music helps me now. Generally they clash with my mood and I lose the idea of what I want to write. Currently just enjoying Gundam Unicorn music.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 07:55   Link #42787
Eratas123

Agreed. I like Touma as a character, but his speeches irritate me after a while. Shiage's my preferred protagonist: Nice and willing to give second chances, but willing to get his hands dirty since he killed guys holding his girlfriend hostage and didn't hesitate to shoot ad stab Mugino in the eye when she was off the deep end.

Anyway, the IS fandom is also guilty: Many fans take Chifuyu to be some kind of Goddess in human form and paint her as some unstoppable badass. A casual viewer would think the fanbase was high on drugs given that the series doesn't do much to show this other than her using a sword once.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:58   Link #42788
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Personally I don't think listening to music helps me now. Generally they clash with my mood and I lose the idea of what I want to write. Currently just enjoying Gundam Unicorn music.
This too.

Also, tech-wise, I'm still pondering on the loadout for the Algolis Shroud. I'm looking at Japanese-based Jesta Cannon as a base reference and the Mark VII Iron Man suit.

There's only so much armament you can mount on a humanoid powered armor(both visible and concealed ones) but it's still quite a lot.
Old 2013-05-06, 07:58   Link #42789
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Minimum of 4, maybe up to 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Anyway, the IS fandom is also guilty: Many fans take Chifuyu to be some kind of Goddess in human form and paint her as some unstoppable badass. A casual viewer would think the fanbase was high on drugs given that the series doesn't do much to show this other than her using a sword once.
This

But before we go further into fan bashing, let's switch topic.

Coffee blood special mix implies she's injured internally, hmm... deconstruction time yay?
Old 2013-05-06, 08:02   Link #42790
demino_hellsin
That one guy

deconstruction is your thing. I myself am not willing to embrace this(to me) half-assed humanization of Chifuyu's combat capabilities yet.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:07   Link #42791
Eratas123

Even if she did bleed internally, would it even matter? IS explicitly takes place in a future where things like teleportation and virtual reality are common place. Hell, Laura SAYS she has nanomachines in her body and that her saliva laced with a healing brand of them. One injection of nanomachines and she's good to go.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:11   Link #42792
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*facepalm* thanks eras, now I have an image of Laura sticking her tongue in places where it probably shouldn't be just to make Chifuyu's wounds better.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:16   Link #42793
Eratas123

...To be fair, Laura offered Cecilia to do exactly that when she had a broken arm:/ So its kind of canon.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:21   Link #42794
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*doublefacepalm* Okay... I just... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt
Old 2013-05-06, 08:24   Link #42795
Eratas123

Though she did offer, the way she went about it is that she tried to spit on Cecilia rather than lick her >.>
Old 2013-05-06, 08:25   Link #42796
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Eh... Houston? We lost Demi.

Quote:
She starts over, standing at one end of the arena with the targets materializing far ahead. With Kirin by her side, Tsurugi activates the PIC and begins to float inches off the ground, her katana held down in the grip of her right hand and her eyes set on the targets.

“Now, here’s the thing… Since you already know how to initiate the system, you need to focus on where you want to go.”

She nods at her classmate’s tip.

‘Focus…’

*FOOM—*

Leaving nothing but a trail of dust clouds, Tsurugi once again rushes towards the targets. Her grip on the katana tightens as the first enters her attack range.

‘Focus… Shinken.’

*ZIING—*

Her eyes go blank, snapping attention onto every passing target as she slices them apart while weaving her way around them.

“There we go! You’re getting the hang of it—”

Kirin notices her eyes, blank and frowned. In no way was she reacting to her praise as her attention remains on the last few targets spread out ahead.

“Tsurugi…?”

*ZIING-ZIING— ZIIIIIING—*

Tsurugi executes a full spin with her right arm outstretched, cleaving all the remaining targets around her.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:27   Link #42797
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yay

TLR Stratos also have that.

Both Rito and Riko has spinal injury due to space disease (wish I'm kidding) and require NUNOHMEHSEEENS as treatment, they owe Laura a lot because she's the (unwitting) guinea pig despite being completely healthy. Although unlike Rito, Riko is left color blind AND crippled.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:28   Link #42798
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be cruel to let Ichika be beaten by Cecilia in the first fight?

Also, Cecilia as the serious one while Houki is basically the child in adult form. More like spoiled brat in evil bitch form.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:28   Link #42799
Eratas123

Laura's nanomachines play a more serious role in Infinite Stratos: Reversal Also adds some les yay when Chifuyu gets a cut on her finger and Laura does the ol finger heal treatment.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:30   Link #42800
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Would it be cruel to let Ichika be beaten by Cecilia in the first fight?

Also, Cecilia as the serious one while Houki is basically the child in adult form. More like spoiled brat in evil bitch form.
Canon

it's canon, even if they don't exist in the same volume

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest