AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 10:09   Link #43801
Eratas123

One thing I don't get: How does the 'Super Prototype' trope actually work? If something's the prototype, you'd think it would be inferior to those that came after it. Rising's a shining example: You mow down Fenris dogs by the truckload, yet when you're playing as Bladewolf (A prototype version of said Fenris) you mow down numerous mooks and beat a U.S marine turned supersoldier cyborg.
Old 2013-05-21, 10:12   Link #43802
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Gundam: Super prototype because despite its imperfections, thing had the budget of a fucking country backing just its singular construction. Where a single unit only costs 32 million, they jacked 500 million into this one single unit. For sake of mass production, succeeding units would use inferior materials and some functions and performance capabilities are sacrificed for the sake of cost effectiveness.

Rising: the normals have command protocols. LQ-84i has a cognitive sentient AI thats as close to human intellect as machines can get in terms of decision making. Remember Doktor said at the beginning that hardware doesn't always decide the fight. Reaction by the psyche and knowing the proper response to the situation plays a key role as well.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 10:19   Link #43803
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Jack in the box is it?

Just another offering to the Orimu-cest library. I should write this out...might end up being around 5k - 6k though - my longest one-shot yet.

~ Protoypes ~

Those things usually have that one or several features that operated outside normal capacity that made it dangerous to the user that were scrapped in the 'final mass-produced product'. Kinda like how Core 001 still has ghost traces of when it was Core 001 still within it even though Tabane herself 'wiped' it. Maybe it was imprinted by Chifuyu's desire to protect Ichika at all costs that Core 001 'waited' for the chance to be connected to Ichika to fulfill that particular directive. (an asspull if ever there was one but hey) The fact that nuances like that can be explained by it being a prototype instead of a factory model is why prototypes are used so much, ne?
Old 2013-05-21, 10:24   Link #43804
Eratas123

@ Demi - I know Bladewolf's SMARTER, but that doesn't automatically make him STRONGER. Example: How in the hell did he overpower Khamsin? His chainsaw shouldn't have been strong enough to destroy Khamsin's, and yet he does it anyway. He can also tank Khamsin's strikes, which means his body is somehow as strong as Khamsin's Mini-MG unit. Did they just make his body stronger than one of their own members?
Old 2013-05-21, 10:31   Link #43805
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm pretty sure he was breaking down at that point. I don't think the chainsaw is too weak to damage the armor. So much as any chainsaw that was made purposefully as a weapon would work against said mini MG. One needs to realize Raiden used an ordinary HF blade. tech from all the way back to MGS3 I believe? And he cut a friggin ray. I am not surprised about the chainsaw.
Old 2013-05-21, 10:35   Link #43806
Eratas123

So its mostly just Khamsin's strength level? Because for a US Marine turned badass cyborg, its kinda pathetic that he lost to an unmanned UG. Given that bladewolf is the first boss, that literally means they could've replaced the guy with an unmanned AI and there would've been no difference.
Old 2013-05-21, 10:48   Link #43807
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rather even though Khamsin's mini-MG is specially designed, it's not the type with groundbreaking construction. Just as you can customize a tank or an F15, apache or spooky, there is a limitation on armor and weapons. So to speak the chainsaw is a weapon designed to be effective against cyborgs which are considerably strong in construction already. Standard grade armor will fall. And even higher class will take considerable damage. Same applies for Khamsin. He has good armor yes, but it's not groundbreaking block everything type. This isn't DBZ
Old 2013-05-21, 11:00   Link #43808
Eratas123

Hmm....you know, now I'm tempted to make Bladewolf a creation Tabane did on her spare time But knowing Tabane, she'll probably screw with him a lot:/
Old 2013-05-21, 11:01   Link #43809
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tabane: Hand.

Bladewolf:...

Tabane: Hand!

Bladewolf: *turns away*

Chloe: Hand

Bladewolf: puts robotic paw on hand.
Old 2013-05-21, 11:14   Link #43810
Eratas123

More like -

Tabane: Hand.

Bladewolf:...

Tabane: Hand!

Bladewolf: *turns away*

Tabane: I said hand *Activates signal control*

Bladewolf: *Forced to put his paw on hand*

Tabane: Good boy~

I can even make the Bladewolf DLC fit: Would be just like Tabane to make him think he was free to trick him into destroying one of her competitor's. Could also make him one of Chifuyu's roommates - Best cyberdog ever.
Old 2013-05-21, 11:24   Link #43811
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Which model though? LQ-84 model or the one Sunny made?
Old 2013-05-21, 11:30   Link #43812
Eratas123

Sunny didn't make him: Doktor was the one who modified his body. Also, I'd have to go with the new one: Tabane scrapped Bladewolf after he destroyed the Duplicate Stratos (DS) and killed its pilot. Chifuyu, Kanzashi, and Tatenashi repair him at Ichika-sensei's suggestion.
Old 2013-05-21, 17:44   Link #43813
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

On the subject of prototypes, which category would "Failed prototype stolen and made better" fall into?
Old 2013-05-21, 18:07   Link #43814
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know about MGS that much, but if it's Gundam version (which, I.S. follow faithfully until now) Gundam's super prototype works... differently, said super prototype is usually proof of concept for new technology, and is pretty much one of a kind handywork, therefore gamebreaker status when first rolled out. Later in the series, there will be mass production

Yes, just like V8 said.

The mass production version, given enough time, will catch up and in fact will be superior machine at the end.

Spoiler for LolGundamLogic:

In case 2, we could easily see it in Silent Zephyr vs Blue Tears condition, Madoka being superior pilot aside, no one could solo multiple unit like that with crappy machine.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-05-21 at 18:19.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:37   Link #43815
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Exposition, Exposition Everywhere

Spoiler for Sacred Twins Ch1 Rewrite - One Step Forward Part 1:

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-05-21 at 22:04.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 22:06   Link #43816
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A whole new world indeed: riots, gender cleansing... No wonder Chifuyu thinks the world is full of idiots... And I can see the foundations of the later plots being laid down now - excellent.
Old 2013-05-21, 22:08   Link #43817
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gender cleansing is too harsh of a world though, apparently the initial sign made even die hard feminist scared and shut up.

Like say, NEGATIVE 8% population growth (lack of birth + mass ragequit)

EDIT

Fic related
Old 2013-05-21, 22:16   Link #43818
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yeah, it's not like Tabane gave them the key to making babies without men...so they're gonna have to deal. Other questions can be raised but that's for years down the road. For now, we'll just stick with this.

So you will be exploring more of the affect of the gender role upheaval thanks to I.S. in your fic in regards to Ichika?

PS. I'll do a light proofreading tomorrow, if you approve. It's nearly midnight where I am... #_#
Old 2013-05-21, 22:19   Link #43819
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yep, let's say that the baby kitchen exploded the same kitchen used to give birth to Laura, Chloe, and Celeste (OC) and the twins, at that

As for gender imbalance, mostly from Dan's POV as 'Mr. Average', while Charles and Ichika is used as comparison. Should be there in V3 arc.

(Thanks for the offer of service, I'm surprised you still awake now )
Old 2013-05-21, 22:32   Link #43820
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I blame the military lifestyle. Sleep for 6 hours, run around for 18... And that's a good day. #_#

Mr. Average seems like he'd have a LOT to say but he keeps it mostly to himself since he doesn't want to come off as being whiny. But his sister, Ran, most likely heard a bunch of it and probably feels conflicted in that the new society pretty much sees her own oniichan as being pretty much 'worthless'. ...that could be their 'button'. If anyone calls them 'worthless', they will get mad and lash back (Dan, Ichika, Madoka, etc.) Deep down, Ran could think that she's helping her brother by becoming a pilot so that she could protect him, not fully understanding that she's stepping on his pride by even thinking that. Madoka and Rin can explain that one to her.

...ah~hh, I'm doing it again... feel free to hit/ignore me when I start doing this in the future... lol.. -_-

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest