AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-07-05, 06:12   Link #61
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

First look at the anime character designs.

Old 2011-07-05, 06:38   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Not as bad as I expected, but it's still a bit sad to see the transition of more unique art styles into generic animation form. At least the difference here isn't as jarring as it was for No.6...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 07:09   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
First look at the anime character designs.

I like that butt.
The only ominous thing now is that it is Noitamina. I really hope they do their endings better this time...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 07:44   Link #64
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Not as bad as I expected, but it's still a bit sad to see the transition of more unique art styles into generic animation form. At least the difference here isn't as jarring as it was for No.6...
Yeah I was worried about the transitioning as well. That's why I think this actually looks quite nice. Cause those designs were really hard to transition into anime style designs.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 07:54   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks pretty nice to me, especially the girl's design. Good to see they haven't changed her outfit~
Old 2011-07-05, 08:21   Link #66
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

it has great anime char designs, i was afraid of maybe another fractale.
Old 2011-07-05, 08:30   Link #67
cyth
Banned

What I got from the story and character synopses to me definitely feels like social commentary. A virus called "Lost Christmas" basically says that the country is sick because it has no savior to turn to, and the "Undertakers" can be a symbol of burrying the status quo or to undertake a new beginning. Shu will play the role of the king, the lost savior, who has the ability to extract the potential of his nakamatachi to save Japan, or something to that extent.

I guess it's worth noting that I'm still under heavy influence by noitaminA's latest series, [ C ] (which was awesome, by the way). Even though I'm still not sure if I like the direction the program block is heading into, at least it's providing useful matter for the passive protesters--the otaku--to think about.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 08:34   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Yeah I was worried about the transitioning as well. That's why I think this actually looks quite nice. Cause those designs were really hard to transition into anime style designs.
Yeah I was thinking they wouldn't be an easy design to change into for a tv series... came up pretty well all things considering.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 14:04   Link #69
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well the design is pretty nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I like that butt.
My thoughts exactly.

Sayonara bye bye old!Noitamina, hello T&A!Noitamina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I guess it's worth noting that I'm still under heavy influence by noitaminA's latest series, [ C ] (which was awesome, by the way). Even though I'm still not sure if I like the direction the program block is heading into, at least it's providing useful matter for the passive protesters--the otaku--to think about.
As much as I want to agree that [C] was awesome, I remember how it all wrapped up and I feel like the wound is being opening up again ...

I honestly don't like the direction where it's heading, but it's already going there so there isn't any use resisting it. And as for making otaku think and turning the slot into a ''anime social commentary'' ... well, I think it has to do with getting more money than anything, and that the attempt to make them think about important issues seems like lip service to the older crowd.
Old 2011-07-05, 14:34   Link #70
Kirarakim

While I agree NoitaminA is changing I think it still has shows close to its roots. Ano Hana actually reminded me quite a bit of Honey & Clover in feeling (and that show from what I understand was successful).

The upcoming Bunny Drop also seems like a more traditional show for the block. Although I didn't watch it same with Wandering Son and I think Kuragehime also fits.

And if you think about it C is also (at least somewhat) a traditional show for the block since it was directed by Kenji Nakamura who also directed Mononoke. Mononoke of course will always be a favorite.

Of course when I say traditional I don't necessarily think all these shows are up to the standards of some of the first shows on NoitaminA just that they might be written to appeal to the same audience.

And the Social Commentary shows have been around on the block for awhile at least since Eden of the East in 2009 which I didn't care for but I know a lot of other people did.

As for Guilty Crown or the other upcoming October show, I am not sure what I feel about them yet.
Old 2011-07-06, 16:14   Link #71
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The upcoming Bunny Drop also seems like a more traditional show for the block. Although I didn't watch it same with Wandering Son and I think Kuragehime also fits.
Well, they certainly hadn't abandoned the original target, and this season does show that they are trying to get back to form with these two shows. The problem is that they still compromised the original goal of the block and injected it with the ideas that they were trying to distance themselves from, and that a lot of the time the programs feel like they are only paying lip service to the old!noitaminA.

Not that it matters I guess, since they shown that we can still have some quality programs there every once in a while.
Quote:
And if you think about it C is also (at least somewhat) a traditional show for the block since it was directed by Kenji Nakamura who also directed Mononoke. Mononoke of course will always be a favorite.

Of course when I say traditional I don't necessarily think all these shows are up to the standards of some of the first shows on NoitaminA just that they might be written to appeal to the same audience.
[C] ... is debatable. The premise certainly sounds like something that would be aimed towards the older audience of the block, but the execution (yeah lets call it that) was more ... um, not aimed at anyone really? I mean it was sort of Yu-Gi-Oh meets Wall street with Death Note and Pokemon and other stuff thrown in there for the heck of it?

I mean it was awesome, but I don't think the Mononoke crowed would like it much, since it looks liked it suffered from a lot of internal set backs.
Quote:
As for Guilty Crown or the other upcoming October show, I am not sure what I feel about them yet.
I think that they are going to be at least fun, with a good chance of also being decent storywise, at least Un-GO. Guilty Crown I think it going to be just fun to watch atm from what I seen so far.
Old 2011-07-06, 17:18   Link #72
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
[C] ... is debatable. The premise certainly sounds like something that would be aimed towards the older audience of the block, but the execution (yeah lets call it that) was more ... um, not aimed at anyone really? I mean it was sort of Yu-Gi-Oh meets Wall street with Death Note and Pokemon and other stuff thrown in there for the heck of it?
Well, the series was one huge metaphor, so I'm sure a lot of people didn't get it, but the minority that did think it's at least interesting. From my perspective, [C]'s problem was its animation budget, which basically means that it fails as an animation product. That's one reason I'm so frustrated with noitaminA, because even Fractale could have been awesome if they had a bigger budget or more time. These projects have set the bar so high for themselves from the get-go, it was simply impossible for them to turn out the way the original planners wanted them to. Usagi Drop can have shit animation and it'll still look decent at least. There should be no excuse for Guilty Crown, now that they've dished out those awesome animation copyright illustrations, and hopefully it'll turn out to be the AnoHana and not the [C] of last season in regards to animation.
Old 2011-07-06, 17:23   Link #73
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Not that it matters I guess, since they shown that we can still have some quality programs there every once in a while.
I don't disagree with you I think perhaps the block is getting a little weaker because they have to come up with two series every season as opposed to one. But if I actually look at my favorite series across the block it is pretty evenly spread between old & new series.

There were definitely weaker series in the early days too in my opinion. Although I do agree with you that there has been a bit more shows aimed at Otaku & series focusing on social commentary (as I said starting with Eden of the East).

Quote:

I mean it was awesome, but I don't think the Mononoke crowed would like it much, since it looks liked it suffered from a lot of internal set backs.I think that they are going to be at least fun, with a good chance of also being decent storywise, at least Un-GO. Guilty Crown I think it going to be just fun to watch atm from what I seen so far.

I ended up not watching [C] except the 1st episode so I can't comment on its quality but I am just saying there is a connection with it being directed by Kenji Nakamura. He is just a director I associate with the block. Even though technically speaking Mononoke is his only series I really love (well its hard to beat the Medicine Seller).
Old 2011-07-07, 14:59   Link #74
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz

Old 2011-07-07, 16:29   Link #75
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thank you for the images (can't give you cookies tho )

Looks like there will be a school setting as well.
Quote:
Well, the series was one huge metaphor, so I'm sure a lot of people didn't get it, but the minority that did think it's at least interesting. From my perspective, [C]'s problem was its animation budget, which basically means that it fails as an animation product.
The show clearly had a lot of budgetary problems, yes, but there was the issue of how much the series looked like it lacked focus. Sure, I ''got'' the metaphor that the show was trying to present, but that didn't mean it couldn't try to scale down things a bit so it wouldn't end up falling under it's own potential. My view is that [C] had the right concept for the block, but didn't have neither the budget nor was the script suitable.

Quote:
That's one reason I'm so frustrated with noitaminA, because even Fractale could have been awesome if they had a bigger budget or more time. These projects have set the bar so high for themselves from the get-go, it was simply impossible for them to turn out the way the original planners wanted them to.
Fractale would've been awesome had the staff not been at each others throats, regardless of the budget I mean the show didn't look bad (aside from the downgrade in the character designs).

But I do agree that the main problem seems that with a lot of these show the main issue is that they always set out with almost unattainable goals, and almost always end up failing to achieve them, whether due to the limitations of the slot or that they hadn't thought things through. It certainly had became a constant problem of the newer noitaminA, since they are aiming to always trying to get out some sort of financial hit, we end up with the same result most of the time :/
Quote:
Usagi Drop can have shit animation and it'll still look decent at least. There should be no excuse for Guilty Crown, now that they've dished out those awesome animation copyright illustrations, and hopefully it'll turn out to be the AnoHana and not the [C] of last season in regards to animation.
I hope so too. I really do. As much as it still irks me that it changed, I don't want noitaminA to fail. Sure it had been tainted and became something entirely different from what it initially set out to be, but the block still dishes out some damn interesting shows to watch, and I wouldn't want it to stop doing so. Hopefully Guilty Crown would receive enough funding to be on bar with AnoHana success.

Quote:
I don't disagree with you I think perhaps the block is getting a little weaker because they have to come up with two series every season as opposed to one. But if I actually look at my favorite series across the block it is pretty evenly spread between old & new series.
noitaminA had been getting worse ever since they decided to double the amount of shows, not only in the quality of shows but also in the ratings (none of the shows, not even AnoHana, managed to get the same high ratings older shows had gotten) but I do agree that there are still some interesting shows coming out worth the time only for their unconventional concepts and ideas. I'm not really trying to come with a doom-and-gloom scenario here, but I feel annoyed at the sacrifice.
Quote:
There were definitely weaker series in the early days too in my opinion. Although I do agree with you that there has been a bit more shows aimed at Otaku & series focusing on social commentary (as I said starting with Eden of the East).
Certainly. There were weaker series in the past, just like now, but the part that makes me weary is like you said the increase in the Otaku appeal.
Quote:
I ended up not watching [C] except the 1st episode so I can't comment on its quality but I am just saying there is a connection with it being directed by Kenji Nakamura. He is just a director I associate with the block. Even though technically speaking Mononoke is his only series I really love (well its hard to beat the Medicine Seller).
Ah okay, I misunderstood your point then.
Old 2011-07-07, 17:07   Link #76
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

can't wait for a cast list.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 11:21   Link #77
alexwmd

http://www.guilty-crown.jp/#/movie

PV is up. looks really good
alexwmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 12:19   Link #78
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwmd View Post
http://www.guilty-crown.jp/#/movie

PV is up. looks really good
The animation looks fantastic, but what caught my attention were those marks under the title screen.

I was right, it was a set of two barcodes, EAN-13 standard. If you scan them, you get the following 13-digit sequences:

What they mean exactly, I have no idea. Perhaps codenames for the title characters?

EDIT: Actually, these barcodes are prone to corruption if resized, so I took another scan from the website banner and got:

So I guess we can be certain the second barcode reading is accurate, since it was matched from two different sources already.

The third source is the magazine scan posted earlier in this thread. For the first barcode I got two different readings separately. The second reading matched the reading of the PV source.

But since it was resized again, I could be wrong on that one.

Last edited by cyth; 2011-07-09 at 19:21.
Old 2011-07-08, 14:26   Link #79
faythz
I.G

mini Tachikoma?
Old 2011-07-08, 17:07   Link #80
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks pretty dope.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig