AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 01:22   Link #221
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
finally some inspiration for Banner #3.

Elis, from Canvas2 (i only discovered that series yesterday )

geh, tried a lot some impression that she is lying on a bed of clouds, and veiled by a cloud sheet.
some difficulty to keep a bright, but clean impression on her expression and overal contrast.
omg i love it !!!!! you did the best job imaginable i think !!! verry good banner i would have to say you win !!! hands down no problem!!! ^_^
Old 2007-07-21, 11:17   Link #222
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Yeah, klash, it looks really great ^^.

Contention: Feels like decapitation, the crop, but it's okay xP The blending is really cool.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 22:52   Link #223
Kenji_Chaos

the banner looks great
good job
Kenji_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 17:10   Link #224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Oi... not sure if it is so perfect heh...
Here are the 3 banners, which should be in their definite version :
Well then, as a really late contestant, i decided to create like a madman an extension (yeah... deadline work...) :
Dawn Time :

Day Time :

Dusk Time :

Night Time :

Don't hesitate to comment and criticise... there is still 25 hours for the contest

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-07-26 at 17:34.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 17:20   Link #225
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Wow that was quick @___@ I still have 1 more to go

Lol I have nothing else to say except that the banners looks great =] GJ
Old 2007-07-27, 05:57   Link #226
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ not sure if it was that quick.
but yeah, 3 banners in a go isn't something I have ever done, and i'm not really fond of rushed work huh...

that said, since the extension are still in a rather awkward state, i will wait for a definite declaration about this. If the show goes on, i will probably change various thing, especially the Gradient, considering it isn't set in stone apparently.

that said, i believe i will do a signature, it has been a long time ~~"
Old 2007-07-27, 08:34   Link #227
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Your 3rd submission for the Banner contest and the 1st 2nd and 4th of the xBanner contest are buggy at the edges. Especially the Night one. Don't you see them?!

What I do...
Before I do anything, I get the marque and select a few pixels on the left and on the right and with it create a layer for the sides. I then take that layer and stick it on top as a forground and lock it. Now sure I'm sacrificing a few pixels in width, but if I go out of bounds it strikes me in the face right away.

Another method would be to set 2 guides for the extreme left and right, then extend the canvas and gradient. After it's extended do the above for the extention (marque should snap to the guides) Hide the guides while your working, when your done, un-hide the guides and crop-snap to a perfect banner.

-
BTW, that's one looong Higurashi review you wrote, again.
I think it's better if you place your thoughts on top, some people might just want to take a little spoiler in instead of the full package.
Old 2007-07-27, 08:46   Link #228
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Your 3rd submission for the Banner contest and the 1st 2nd and 4th of the xBanner contest are buggy at the edges. Especially the Night one. Don't you see them?!
I don't see it on the third one, and it was also accepted by NW. i'm still staring at it and it really don't see anything between the banner border and the templates.
It is really weird why you are finding something wrong on the second Xbanner, since it is absolutely the same from the regular contest.
i don't see any problem with the first Xbanner either.
However, i noticed the gradient problem on the night banner. (left edge, that is what i can see)

but anyway, i believe it is something i shouldn't care much, considering what NW said on the thread, we might get customized or other gradients for these.
that said, i wasn't really able to notice any noticeable points... 3 banners in a go, at late time isn't something healthy for concentration.

Quote:
What I do...
Before I do anything, I get the marque and select a few pixels on the left and on the right and with it create a layer for the sides. I then take that layer and stick it on top as a forground and lock it. Now sure I'm sacrificing a few pixels in width, but if I go out of bounds it strikes me in the face right away.

Another method would be to set 2 guides for the extreme left and right, then extend the canvas and gradient. After it's extended do the above for the extention (marque should snap to the guides) Hide the guides while your working, when your done, un-hide the guides and crop-snap to a perfect banner.
What i usually do is either select both edges with 3-10 pixels width, and recklessly deleting on every layers these 2 areas. usually, i don't extend renders and the like to the edges, so if i see a line, it is an easy task to erase it.

the second method i use is simply duplicate the gradient template, putting it on the top, and sliding to see if there is a problem.
Quote:
-
I think it's better if you place your thoughts on top, some people might just want to take a little spoiler in instead of the full package.
err... i believe getting through a summary is to already get prepared to be "spoiled" if they didn't watch the episode yet (much like i warned on the disclaimer)
furthermore, I think the episode structure itself is separated enough, and a simple "end key" can quickly get through without any spoiler. again, it is rather the responsability of the readers, not mine, and it is quite a regular format for "review then my thoughts" type of entry (which is also used by the other bloggers, so I think keeping this structure is fine enough). oh well ~~
Old 2007-07-27, 08:56   Link #229
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
-
from what i can see none of them have any sides that dont match with the original gradient O.O
if you highlight the side tabs and see where they meet the banner i cant see anything wrong ~

as for the summary...it is only natural to put your thoughts after you made a summary on the eps itself...and for those who dont like the full package they can just skip down :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 10:13   Link #230
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What I see is a hair thin edge were the transition from the gradient to what appears to be wind-effects in the banner. But I guess this is too nitpicky stuff. Except for the Dawn and Night one. The night is obvious, on the dawn one look at the bottom right edge. What is that little messy line doing there?

Oh yeah the 3rd from the Banner contest has a little white on the bottom right corner that should probably deleted.
Old 2007-08-01, 11:11   Link #231
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

geh... no more "banner stress" (well maybe later for the extension, with various tweeks)

that's said, finally a sig after all this time. another "Singing Swordmaiden"

Another charming source pic

First, if you didn't notice (which would relieving me ^^), the left part of the sig was a "transplant".
I took me 1 hour for this job, and i'm not too disppointed of this. Various work besides the added cloth : smudges, brushes, and some other tweeks..."

the text is a bit narrow, but i don't have the place oh well ^^"
Old 2007-08-01, 11:20   Link #232
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
geh... no more "banner stress" (well maybe later for the extension, with various tweeks)

that's said, finally a sig after all this time. another "Singing Swordmaiden"

Another charming source pic

First, if you didn't notice (which would relieving me ^^), the left part of the sig was a "transplant".
I took me 1 hour for this job, and i'm not too disppointed of this. Various work besides the added cloth : smudges, brushes, and some other tweeks..."

the text is a bit narrow, but i don't have the place oh well ^^"
Again, a great siggy, and omg she is HAWT lol

Very nice job on the "transplant" as you call it I really can't tell the difference from the original to be frank

Hehe ns job again and good work ^ ^b
Old 2007-08-01, 11:26   Link #233
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Yarr i shall be the first to comment on it than.

Awesome render choice. And gj on recreating the cloth. The overall look is nice. Just my 2 cent would be. Lower the render a bit so we can see more of her face. Or make the render smaller. It should give you more space for the text at the same time. Personally i think making the render smaller and recreating more of the cloth at the left would be the best.

Btw what anime is she from?

Edit: ./moo ice_climber was first ^.^

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 11:36   Link #234
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post

Awesome render choice. And gj on recreating the cloth. The overall look is nice. Just my 2 cent would be. Lower the render a bit so we can see more of her face. Or make the render smaller. It should give you more space for the text at the same time. Personally i think making the render smaller and recreating more of the cloth at the left would be the best.

Btw what anime is she from?

Edit: ./moo ice_climber was first ^.^
Well, at first that was also in my mind, but I preferred the "mystery" aspect with the crop head + only one eye. and to be honest, it makes her figure quite more obvious

Also, i must admit i'm a bit lazy and unfortunately, i merged the layers this time (otherwise, the additional cloth wouldn't blend with the main render :/) thus, if i redo the sig, i will have to redo that part @.@

oh well, i will try to do it someday... if i have the courage to do so

as for her identity, i don't have a clue, and i'm asking in the ID thread XD
Old 2007-08-01, 11:43   Link #235
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
^^""

I like the signature alot actually xP. I think the crop is very artistic.

The cloth recreation is v.great, needlesstosay, but it seems blurred as compared to the other parts of the cloth. But it's still very nice =3

However, as opposed to Sephi, I would have thought raising the render to see less of the face would be more appropriate. It shows less of the character and more of the... concept, yes! Dunno, but again I have no talent for graphics designing, so. Might as well take Sephi's suggestion ^^.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 11:54   Link #236
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post

However, as opposed to Sephi, I would have thought raising the render to see less of the face would be more appropriate. It shows less of the character and more of the... concept, yes! Dunno, but again I have no talent for graphics designing, so. Might as well take Sephi's suggestion ^^.
I would have to agree with Sephi too, b/c I personally do not like renders that are cut off but that is just IMHO

again, great job =]
Old 2007-08-01, 15:21   Link #237
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
I would have to agree with Sephi too, b/c I personally do not like renders that are cut off but that is just IMHO
Well, for me, that really depend how is the render, and the pose and way of the crop ^^
i must admit that Innominate idea to crop more, to leave only the mouth might work even more (something sensual huh ? ^^')

that said, it can't be really helped for various instances, considering the size. (not that i'm complaining of the height... i sometimes wanted to reduce it again, into 100 pxl)

oh well, by the way, aohige answered about who it is ^^
for the lazy guys : Tamami Minatogawa, from Moshimo Ashita ga Hare naraba (eroge, as expected)
Old 2007-08-08, 20:14   Link #238
Shana

I loved that one. The clouds seems to be Rika-chan's wings ^w^ ~ good job on the "transplant" of Tamami-san's pic, and on the sig, as always, Klashiklashi :3
Old 2007-08-13, 05:06   Link #239
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Yay just here to say personally

Congrats on winning the banner contest daytime edition

Old 2007-08-13, 18:48   Link #240
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Haha, thanks for your support ^^

Well, finally could pull something else than "swordmaiden"... (well i lied... she is somewhat related to this )

Suigintou (talk about obvious ^^")

Geh, just finished the series not long time ago, so it was kinda fresh, thus... why not a signature on my favourite character, humm? (i'm absolutely not sure about a "Rozen Maiden" set, considering the horrible amount of renders for Karania, Hina and kirakishou -___-")

Considering how mercury lam... i mean gin (^^") is, i tried something not that fancy. not sure if i was able to enforce the focal point on the rosa mystica.
Wasn't able to find a proper "gothic" or rather "stylish" background, so it is the usual nightish one, with some light and the usual window ^^"

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-13 at 19:09.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote