AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-05, 15:01   Link #101
Membrax
Einherjar

Thumbs up

Incredible episode. I mean, wow. I've watched it a few minutes a go and I still have the chills....

If the next arc is even half as good as this ep, I'd be in heaven.
Old 2007-04-05, 15:24   Link #102
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
The next arc isnt as good as this ep since this ep is mainly the second part to explain Light's plan. The next arc will feature a few nec chars and the end of Death Note. It's still good but the action in between is not as exciting as the end.
For my vote, i voted 9 since i don't feel like giving 10's out so easily, the only anime series that have earned 10 points in my opinion are Kanon, NGE and Death Note, although most DN eps i have rated 9.
The situation i liked the most was Light's smile when L died.
Don't get me wrong, my fav char is L but Light's expression was simply breathtaking.
Old 2007-04-05, 15:27   Link #103
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

If ever an episode of Death Note was scary... this certainly was it. Especially the part with Misa's song... brrrr. And L, standing in the rain... even the oddly doujinshi-ish scene in the middle was great.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:25   Link #104
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well everyone has covered this episode so well that there is not much to say. It was great it sad it was F UP. Of course i gave it a 10 i had to there was no other option.

What made this episode especially sad for me was of course the death of L, but it goes far beyond that to me. The complicated relationship between L and Light goes so much deeper than good vs evil. They are basically the different sides on the same coin. The sad thing is i think Light will realize that even though he thinks hes a god and he has won the battle with L he will come to know that he really did like L as a friend. There is no one else who Light can communicate with like he did L who can talk to him on his level? no one i can think off. Rem for all that he carried for Misa was stupid to kill L she has already made the eye contract twice shortening her life even more, Im pretty sure she might have only 5 years left to live and thats assuming that Light does not kill her. Which he might because she is a loose end. Rem should have realized this and killed Light and tried to Misa to forget everything again.

Im very interested in where the story is going to go from here. Light thinks he has won but one of Lights weaknesses which he never tends to learn is that over confidence breeds carelessness. Im sure there is something that he has over looked and a new challenger will step forward to confront him. Also, we dont know that L didnt leave some insurance behind just encase he was killed. L as fanatically smart and cautious im sure he would had a contingency plan just encase he was killed.

I had always given Light the benefit of the doubt but now i see no redemption for him to me hes just evil. I respect his intelligence but his worth as a human being if he can still be called that has be shattered.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:28   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuchan View Post
Hey,the song Misa sings,does someone know the name of it or anything? It isn't on the Death Note OST II ._.
Nothing has been said yet about the title, though if there's a third OST (which a few of us have already talked about happening), then it should appear on there.
Old 2007-04-05, 17:34   Link #106
TigerII
Pilot in Training

L seems the kind to have a contract with ahitman in case of his death. Maybe the delete button also sends information to another organization that deals with things a little more illegal that L. Maybe L's last move or something is to contact a hitman or such. Now that would add a new layer of suspense.
Old 2007-04-05, 18:04   Link #107
Effu

Hello that is my first post here !

Spoiler for Rem:
Old 2007-04-05, 19:07   Link #108
Kisuke06
I see...

What the...? L died? What's going to happen now? Damn this was a great episode!
Old 2007-04-05, 19:08   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effu View Post
Spoiler for Rem:
If L was to carry out his plan, then the 13 day rule would appear to be a fake, meaning that all fingers would be pointed at Light & Misa. Rem killed L, so this plan couldn't work --- meaning that Rem saved Misa's life.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:22   Link #110
Kittie Rose

[quote]If L was to carry out his plan, then the 13 day rule would appear to be a fake, meaning that all fingers would be pointed at Light & Misa. Rem killed L, so this plan couldn't work --- meaning that Rem saved Misa's life./quote]

I don't think Rem is "Really" dead for what was stated earlier, there could be another technicality. Remember, Misa could have gotten life in prison as opposed to the death penalty; Rem couldn't know. That was interestingly clever of him; since when was Kira going to get any less than the death penalty? That slipped in at the last minute, but it seems to me that technicality should save Rem.

It also seems to me L could be faking his death. I mean, isn't that the best way to get out of it?

Also, I have another theory with L. What if he doesn't HAVE a real name? That scene with him talking to Light in the rain would make a lot more sense.

I feel sorry, as always, for Misa. I'm guessing she'll be Light's foil, though I get the feeling L and Rem might not be dead at all as I said.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:25   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
It also seems to me L could be faking his death. I mean, isn't that the best way to get out of it?
Man i am sick of hearing this.

His name was written in a Death Note. If you've been watching this series, then you'll know what that means. & Lets just say L was faking it, how would he have known Rem was going to write his name down?
Old 2007-04-05, 20:36   Link #112
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Man i am sick of hearing this.

His name was written in a Death Note. If you've been watching this series, then you'll know what that means. & Lets just say L was faking it, how would he have known Rem was going to write his name down?
Again, what if L didn't have a real name, and the name above his head randomly floated between any number of aliases? He already seemed to be able to predict his death, so I don't see how farfetched it is that he might have an idea of around when he might die. Remember, he fell AFTER Watari did.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:39   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Again, what if L didn't have a real name, and the name above his head randomly floated between any number of aliases?
If L doesn't have a real name, then Rem would have known.

Quote:
he fell AFTER Watari did.
Because Rem wrote Watari's name first, then L's after.

Believe me and the episode --- L is dead.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:39   Link #114
lilcutee088
Luna at your Service!

this episode was absolutely perfect and brought out the true aspects of Death Note. i was satisfied despite Rem and L's death , but i just want to know two things, no1 has to answer of course.

1.) Where the heck is Ryuk?

2.) What happened to Misa?
Old 2007-04-05, 20:40   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcutee088 View Post

Misa was of killing people for Light, and seeing as though Ryuk belongs to Misa now, he was probably with her.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:45   Link #116
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcutee088 View Post
this episode was absolutely perfect and brought out the true aspects of Death Note. i was satisfied despite Rem and L's death , but i just want to know two things, no1 has to answer of course.

Misa was beyond weird in this episode. lol

Ryuk should be hunting some apples.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:28   Link #117
zalem

Quote:
Again, what if L didn't have a real name, and the name above his head randomly floated between any number of aliases? He already seemed to be able to predict his death, so I don't see how farfetched it is that he might have an idea of around when he might die. Remember, he fell AFTER Watari did.
The predicting his own death was something the anime added for dramatic effect. An alias would not show up to the shinigami eyes. They can see only a person's true name. You can't trick a shinigami with an alias. Like the above poster mentioned, Rem would have noticed if there was no name at all and only numbers floating over his head. But that's not the case, she clearly wrote a name down and that would be his true name.

Last edited by zalem; 2007-04-05 at 21:38.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:35   Link #118
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If L doesn't have a real name, then Rem would have known.

Because Rem wrote Watari's name first, then L's after.

Believe me and the episode --- L is dead.
No Manga spoilers.
Old 2007-04-05, 22:21   Link #119
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Very funny, Kittie....considering you gave away manga spoilers before Shiroth did.
Old 2007-04-05, 22:39   Link #120
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, this episode was clearly the best of the series - which has been a little inconsistent, IMO - and one of the better I've seen, period. I'm stunned to hear the rooftop scene and the foot-drying scene weren't in the manga, as I think they were bother utterly brilliant and among the best in the episode.

The only downer, of course, is that L is dead (I think). L is without question this myhtos' greatest contribution - an incredibly memorable and unique character and, frankly, I have a hard time imagining I'll like the anime nearly as much if he isn't going to be in it. If anything, the fervent hope that Light gets what's coming to him will keep me watching...
Closed Thread