AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2008-06-21, 13:04   Link #181
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekowai View Post
Both 2 series were a complete disaster i think its better stop producing anything more to have stuff like that again (repetitive,actionless,booooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiii innnnnngggggggggg)
As opposedto, say, some never ending shounen fighting series?

Obviously, AMG was not to your tastes, but that hardly makes your tastes for it a universal truth. Given the popularity of both the anime and manga, I think there are obviously lots of people (including me) who disagree.
Old 2008-06-21, 22:25   Link #182
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
As opposedto, say, some never ending shounen fighting series?

Obviously, AMG was not to your tastes, but that hardly makes your tastes for it a universal truth. Given the popularity of both the anime and manga, I think there are obviously lots of people (including me) who disagree.
Indeed, this anime is certainly one of my favourite, one of the anime that dragged me into the anime world
Old 2008-06-23, 18:42   Link #183
nekowai
Banned

i liked the movie and the oav..tv series brought nothing new...its a complete failure...disgusting...worst than haruhi
nekowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 18:43   Link #184
nekowai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Indeed, this anime is certainly one of my favourite, one of the anime that dragged me into the anime world
Keiichi/Belldandy relationship is the most idiotic thing i've ever found in my life...cmon plug it off for god sake, its starting to stink badly...
Old 2008-06-24, 03:31   Link #185
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

To each his own. If you didn't like it so much, why have you watched two entire seasons? You should have stopped after few episodes.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 05:15   Link #186
Stargaze

Quote:
Keiichi/Belldandy relationship is the most idiotic thing i've ever found in my life...cmon plug it off for god sake, its starting to stink badly...
You know, we all have our own perspectives. If you don't like it then I respect that, but why in the world do you have to make your opinion absolute? You have no right to deem what I think as "something that stinks". You may have animes you favour but I find them revolting and that they "stink", does that mean they are really revolting and stinky? I think not.

Next time you plan on critising someone else's opinion, please DO think it over in your head before you post. If you really have an urge to post and tell the world what you think, perhaps you should write a WELL-CONSTRUCTED analysis on why you think the anime "stinks". "oh, basically, this anime stinks" will not cut it.
Old 2008-06-25, 10:57   Link #187
nekowai
Banned

hmm....it stinks...i know the true hurts...but its the true. Ah! My Goddess animation ended in 2001 with the movie...the rest is 100% redundant.
Old 2008-06-25, 23:05   Link #188
mdauben

Quote:
hmm....it stinks...i know the true hurts...but its the true. Ah! My Goddess animation ended in 2001 with the movie...the rest is 100% redundant.
That's actually kind of sad, that not only did you sit through two seasons of anime that you did not even like, but now you are wasting your time hanging out in a forum full of people who actually did like the series, just to tell us over and over how much you didn't.
Old 2008-06-26, 06:42   Link #189
Stargaze

Quote:
Did you understand what I'm saying at all? Judging from your post, I guess not . What makes you think you're opinion is the "universal truth"?
Old 2008-06-26, 08:02   Link #190
Dynastya

Actually I agree that Keiichi Belldandy should move on to the next level, its kind of frustrating, perhaps marriage or an engagement.

However neither the Manga or the Anime stink. It's sweet romantic in a way and enjoyable.

If it stinks, then its probably because you may be a philistine.
Dynastya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:08   Link #191
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
I agree with Dynastya
Any1 who hates something after
viewing over 40 episodes of it is
a philistine!

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:10   Link #192
nekowai
Banned

Hmm...i did liked the anime, i did manage a full featured site dedicated to Ah! My Goddess for 4 years!!! The TV were just like the new Evangelion movie, something really not new, and those new belldandy looks, for god sake...
Old 2008-06-28, 09:11   Link #193
mdauben

Quote:
Hmm...i did liked the anime, i did manage a full featured site dedicated to Ah! My Goddess for 4 years!!!
Sounds like you really wasted your time then, if out of all the AMG anime all you liked was the first OVA and the movie.

Quote:
The TV were just like the new Evangelion movie, something really not new, and those new belldandy looks, for god sake...
Different strokes for different folks, as they say. Personally, I though the character designs for Belldandy, Urd, etc. were much better in the TV series than the old OVA, and the relationship between Belldandy and Keiichi was developed much better, too.

Really, you might as well give as well give it up, nekowai. You're not convincing anyone here that the AMG! TV series wasn't any good.
Old 2008-07-05, 20:15   Link #194
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
plz dont feed the troll anymore.
he's just trying to get a rise out of everyone
anyone that watches 2 seasons of an anime they hate just to troll has no life.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 16:54   Link #195
treasurechan

I finally was able to finish AMG season one today... I bought the box set way back in April, and just never had the chance to watch it.

In any case, this was one of the first anime I ever got into back in the day, and it's always been special to me. I really do think that the art style had improved significantly for the TV series. Not to say that the OVAs were ugly or anything, but I think the new series has an advantage over the OVAs.

The story was very cute. The characters were developed very nicely, and although it was frustrating to see them hardly get anywhere relationship-wise, well, that seems to be something that just goes along with the genre. All in all, it was very cute and left me with that fuzzy feeling by the end of it.

I haven't read much of the manga, but from what I've heard, if you've read the manga you won't see anything new in the anime. Hopefully I can see season 2 soon! Just wanted to gush a bit about the series...
treasurechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:03   Link #196
Lady Tsukiyomi
Chasing the clouds...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Tsukiyomi Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Tsukiyomi
I own the collection of season one but I have to get the collection of the second series. I thought that the series was really cute and enjoyable. Although it took a while for Belldandy and Keichi's relationship to really get anywhere, it was a fun series to watch. With Urd trying to push their relationship along and Skuld trying to destroy it, it made the series a whole lot funnier!
Lady Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:44   Link #197
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol Bells and K's relationship never goes anywhere. Thats one of the frustrating points of this series. After years and years, they're barely holding hands, and you can count the times they've kissed on one hand. The day it ever goes any further than a kiss is probably when fans across the world have a coronary from the shock heheh
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:37   Link #198
treasurechan

Them being so hesitant to do ANYTHING, Keiichi in particular, made the final scene just that much more gratifying, for me. Sure, it was irritating as hell to see them get nowhere, but I enjoyed the series anyway.
treasurechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 00:03   Link #199
Lady Tsukiyomi
Chasing the clouds...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Tsukiyomi Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Tsukiyomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
lol Bells and K's relationship never goes anywhere. Thats one of the frustrating points of this series. After years and years, they're barely holding hands, and you can count the times they've kissed on one hand. The day it ever goes any further than a kiss is probably when fans across the world have a coronary from the shock heheh
Omg...lol! XD
Lady Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 17:41   Link #200
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Agreed but it cant be helped.. after all we are talking about love between a pathetic human being (Keiichi) and the most admired godess in Heaven lol xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote