3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-24, 00:53   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well considering the episode was pretty much entirely full of Kaiki not surprising it had a bit too much of him for my taste. Of course this kind of desperate maneuver does have some value to it. Certainly they can't tackle Nadeko through direct means. They'll just get slaughtered without a doubt. Now a psychological attack could certainly work better. After all Nadeko isn't a genius or anything so it should be possible for Kaiki's methods to stop her from killing everyone.

Though can't say this is lining up to be a very enjoyable arc with that annoying scammer at the center of it.
Old 2013-11-24, 01:05   Link #22
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well considering the episode was pretty much entirely full of Kaiki not surprising it had a bit too much of him for my taste. Of course this kind of desperate maneuver does have some value to it. Certainly they can't tackle Nadeko through direct means. They'll just get slaughtered without a doubt. Now a psychological attack could certainly work better. After all Nadeko isn't a genius or anything so it should be possible for Kaiki's methods to stop her from killing everyone.

Though can't say this is lining up to be a very enjoyable arc with that annoying scammer at the center of it.

This arc is narrated by Kaiki, so it would be full of him.

Honestly, I almost forgot about Senjougahara while reading the Koimonogatari book. She is my least favourite girl in Koyomi's harem, so I don't mind having her less.

Kaiki's quite an interesting narrator, too.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:16   Link #23
DevilBlaze
Ryuko-channnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Finally, a episode that I loved.

Kaiki is so awesome, glad to see him back

Made this cheap gif because kaiki is so awesome

Here's hoping we get to hear the OP next week!

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-11-25 at 08:13.
DevilBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 03:43   Link #24
Tormenk

Surprised by Kaiki's reaction on Hitagi's last statement. I thought there would be nothing he wouldn't abet by given his rotten personality.

What's up with Kanbaru anyway. Even Kaiki's acting weird in regards to her.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 05:28   Link #25
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Surprised by Kaiki's reaction on Hitagi's last statement. I thought there would be nothing he wouldn't abet by given his rotten personality.

What's up with Kanbaru anyway. Even Kaiki's acting weird in regards to her.
Well, it is a minor spoiler. Quite minor one and I don't think it influenced the plot much, but if you don't want to be spoiled, don't click.

This arc really shows how awesome Kaiki is. After reading it, I really want to join his fanclub, but dear god, the guy did not have one. Everybody is focusing on the girls anyways. ))

Spoiler for Kanbaru:
Old 2013-11-24, 07:59   Link #26
Tormenk

^Thanks for the spoiler. Appreciated.

Kaiki's narration for the intro was aggravatingly amusing to me. Make up your damn mind whether or not you're lying or not dude. And I really like his theme bgm being a good mix between dark and comical.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 08:35   Link #27
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

In before Hitagi prostitution doujins so she can pay Kaiki.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 09:04   Link #28
taichi-kun

The episode was funny until the payment part, It changed my opinion about gahara and honestly I don't want to see her again in this arc.As a person she is poor.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 09:37   Link #29
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Not a big fan of Kaiki, but I admit I laughed when he changed into that shirt just to top Senjougahara's glasses.
He seems to have an interesting personality, might be that I'll end up enjoying this arc.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 09:42   Link #30
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^I thought it made sense for her to go that far. It shows she really loves Koyomi, and will do anything to make him happy, even if she herself has to suffer for it.
Old 2013-11-24, 09:43   Link #31
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
The episode was funny until the payment part, It changed my opinion about gahara and honestly I don't want to see her again in this arc.As a person she is poor.
What, don't like whores?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 09:51   Link #32
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
What, don't like whores?
Don't tease the guy too much, its pretty much the standard knee-jerk response.

Just listen to the conversation again taichi, before jumping to conclusions.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:03   Link #33
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post

Kaiki's narration for the intro was aggravatingly amusing to me. Make up your damn mind whether or not you're lying or not dude. And I really like his theme bgm being a good mix between dark and comical.

That is the cutest part about him. He's so tsundere that he does not know whether he's lying to himself or not. If you could read the way he narrated..it is even funnier in the novel. At the beginning, actually the guy said that he might have been lying when telling us that he is in some Kyoto temple. Maybe he is not even in Japan. The episode makes it very clear where he is though.

I take tsundere old man over tsundere loli or tsundere highschooler anytimes.

Quote:
If you are talking about money, then yes, she is poor. But follow the conversation again, dude. It is intended to be shocking, but it is done to show that she loved Koyomi so much she was willing to do anything for him. That is the author's intention. Whether he is successful or not, it really depends on the reader.

Senjougahara is desperate. Desperate enough to fly to Okinawa in order to meet Kaiki, who might or might not even been there. It was also done to show how much stress she had after the death threat by that jealous snake brat.

Personally I think that statement is only for shock value, and it is not done in the most subtle way. But the author is not known for being subtle anyways.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:04   Link #34
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
What, don't like whores?
haha I don't want prostitution in my monogatari,not even the idea
Old 2013-11-24, 10:06   Link #35
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Seriously, Hitagi was already willing to die if it means Araragi could be spared. When it goes that far it is not a far jump to say she is willing to sell her own body as well.

And if taichi-kun has a problem with that... Well, maybe to him hard coded morals is more important than saving the life of a loved one. That's his choice.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:08   Link #36
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And if taichi-kun has a problem with that... Well, maybe to him hard coded morals is more important than saving the life of a loved one. That's his choice.
She has 74 days to get the money, yet she mentioned prostituiton as if it was natural
Old 2013-11-24, 10:12   Link #37
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
She has 74 days to get the money, yet she mentioned prostituiton as if it was natural
Judging from her past experience with Kaiki, she might think that the amount of money he MIGHT request is not something she could gather in a legal way, like part time job, borrowing from friends or allowance. And 74 days is just more than 2 months anyways.

Her 100 000 yen is probably the best she could gather on her own at the moment.

They cannot ask for help from their family, she could not even talk to Koyomi about asking Kaiki for help. Her family has no money left, their friends are all highschoolers without much money to themselves. It is not the brightest idea she could have, but the girl WAS desperate and even though she remained calm through the conversation, I think she's really panic inside and cannot think very straight.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:15   Link #38
Raymondjram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Not a big fan of Kaiki, but I admit I laughed when he changed into that shirt just to top Senjougahara's glasses.
He seems to have an interesting personality, might be that I'll end up enjoying this arc.
I liked how often he changed the shirt. And I now believe that he HAD to buy the shirt to show Hitagi that he was staying in Okinawa since he lied to her and had to board a plane (all alone in first class, too).
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:17   Link #39
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I liked how often he changed the shirt. And I now believe that he HAD to buy the shirt to show Hitagi that he was staying in Okinawa since he lied to her and had to board a plane (all alone in first class, too).
Part of the reason is because Senjougahara appeared with a funny looking pair of glasses, and makes Kaiki want to top her in...the most fabulous entrance.

It's really cute.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:45   Link #40
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Her family has no money left, their friends are all highschoolers without much money to themselves. It is not the brightest idea she could have, but the girl WAS desperate and even though she remained calm through the conversation, I think she's really panic inside and cannot think very straight.
Prostitution should be the last resource not the first one.

And yes there were more ways, she could work 2 months,ask kanbaru for some money(the gaen are rich right?) and even her father (he must be poor but he can help with some money,she doesn't have to tell him the truth).I mean there were more ways to earn the money.. but she just jumped to sell her body like it was the normal thing to do

Well that's MY OPINION, ok? It's fine if you don't agree.I won't discuss it anymore because i don't want my posts to be deleted by a moderator

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-24 at 16:03. Reason: removed spoiler hint