AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-03, 22:51   Link #1
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The 3rd databook was officially released in Japan on September 4th. This is a thread to talk about all the various stats, bios, names, and other character information that we will receive from the book. For many characters, this book will flesh out their background stories and finally answer a number of questions.

Kishimoto does have a hand in writing the databooks so they are considered official canon.

The new data book is called 者の書 ~ The People's Scroll. And here is the cover page:

The book will include data on 120 shinobi and 110 jutsus (which includes Kirin, Rasenshuriken, and whatever Kakashi's MS jutsu is ). The book is also 356 pages long, so do not expect any translations to come out any time until October at the earliest.

Be aware that the stats are only a vague referential for the character, they aren't meant to be compared between different characters and they don't take things like Bloodline, CS, Bijuu, etc. into account. Differently speaking they are mostly worthless by themselves (and trying to add them up is completely so). They are only meant to give an idea of the characters's strong and weak points.
Remember as well that in those book superlatives are the rules and not the exception.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-09-05 at 09:01. Reason: Add a few things from james0246 and Sasuke_Bateman
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 15:54   Link #2
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Here is a few entry already translated, more will be added as they come.
Quote:
Madara brothers name = Uchiha Izuna
3rd Hokage Name – Hiruzen Sarutobi
2ND Hokage name – Tobirama Senju

Sai -

Ninja Registration Number: 012420
Birthday: Nov 25, Age 17, Sagittarius
Height: 172.1cm
Weight: 53.3kg
Blood Type: A
Personality: Frank, obiedient, submissive
Dislikes: Mitarashi anko
Wants to fight: Hatake Kakashi
Favorite word: Comrades
Hobbies: Drawing pictures, calligraphy

Graduated from the Academy at 9
Took the Chuunin exam at 10

No information on number of missions/ranks given.

Kushina -

Age not given, Cancer
Height: 165cm
Weight: 47kg
Blood Type: B
Personality: Tomboyish, hates losing
Dislikes: Bitter foods, coffee
Wants to fight: none
Favorite word: Don't give up until the end
Hobbies: Chatting, horseplay, pulling pranks

No information on number of missions/ranks given. Former kunoichi of the Whirlpool Country, lived most of her youth being caught-up in war.

Karin –

Birthday: June 20, Age 16, Gemini
Height: 1626.cm
Weight: 45.8kg
Blood Type: AB
Personality: Headstrong, stubborn, eccentric
Dislikes: boiled gyoza
Wants to fight: Hoozuki Suigetsu
Favorite saying: A woman's determination can move the mightiest stones
Hobbies: Collecting perfume

Lived in a small village that was burned out during a war. Was the only survivor, completely unharmed. Oro randomly found her after that and asked how she survived, and answered that she could tell huge groups of people were coming. Oreo then brought her to Neverland, where she served him, but only as a means to get closer to Sasuke. No mention of what she did to Sasuke that one time that Suigetsu talked about.

Ten Ten-

"Since the other members of Team Gai are freakishly strong, Tenten is an indisposable part of the team, as she guides everyone with her cool disposition." Blah blah blah rehash of book 2 about her weapons use, nothing new/special.

Became chuunin at 15.

Juugo -

Birthday: Oct 1, Age 18, Libra
Height: 202.1cm
Weight: 75.8kg
Personality: my pace, cowardly, violent
Dislikes: chicken
Wants to fight: Nobody (normal mode), Anyone (crazy fucker mode)
Favorite saying: ...difficulty tling this one. First compound reads "purity", second reads as "shamisen strings"?? The compound is 無垢三昧if any of you jgo-savvy Narutards want to have a go at it.
Hobbies: Playing with birdies, forest bathing.

Usually a calm person, though one time he became so angry that he devoured an entire village, earning him the fearsome nickname Tenbin. Cursing his existence, he took to secluding himself in caves, until Kimimaro came to him. Following Kimimaro, Juugo went to one of Oreo's human experimentation labs, and that's how the curse seal came to be. Both Kimimaro and Orochimaru died as time passed, and he went back into seclusion. The light that beckoned him forth again was Sasuke, the person Kimimaro entrusted his life to.

YUGITO

Birthday: July 24, Age 29, Leo
Height: 170.2cm
Weight: 50.8kg
Personality: firm, prideful, thinks of her comrades
Dislikes: boiled/simmered foods
Wants to fight: any enemies of the village
Favorite saying: Cats are powerful crazy cat lady
Hobbies: Playing shamisen

Has gained the ability to transform into Nibi via sheer will by undergoing forced training she hated. Noted to be a hard-worker.

Mission ranks
D: 190
C: 185
B: 356
A: 260
S: 34

From - Nihongaeri...

Hidan

Hidan hails from Yugakure (the Village Hidden Amongst Hot Springs), the village purported to have forgotten war.
Even as the Great Wars disappeared from the world and the Hidden Villages were scaled back as military powers, those with an abundance of nature and tourist resources gained positive position in the new times. Hidan, who had lived as a shinobi constantly starved for strife, grew frustrated and discontent with this new pacifism, eventually directing his feelings at the village itself.
It was inevitable that the newly found religion of Jashin would set its eyes on him.
Thou shalt massacre thy neighboor.
The religion's teachings would prove be abundant with elements that affirmed Hidan's own desires.

Height - 177.1 cm
Weight - 58.8 kg

Kakuzu -

Kakuzu was given the mission to assassinate the Hokage, but was defeated by the Mokuton jutsu. The next sentence says something like he returned to his village barely alive. Apparently the forbidden jutsu Kakuzu used to get the hearts or whatever is called "Jiongu". The kanji split up mean something like "Earth Hatred Fear"

All that awaited him (when he returned from his mission to kill the Hokage) was the dishonor of failing his mission and heavy punishment. Feeling intense hatred for village's cruel deeds after he risked his life for it (or something along those lines), he broke out of prison.

After that is where he learns the forbidden jutsu and kills the village leaders. jutsu and kills the village leaders.

Age 91

Kishimoto - Why the Kyuubi's seal is weakening, why Naruto can only go up to 4 tails in his transformation, what Karin did to Sasuke in the past, whether Kushina is still alive or not, and how Kakashi gained the Mangekyou Sharingan will all be revealed in the manga itself.

If Kishimoto was a girl he'd want a boyfriend like Shikamaru

Not to sure about this one, it seems that Madara's brother was named Izuna and that the downfall of their clan has to do with the loss of Madara's eyesight and that decendents would fight over blindness.

The 4 Tailed old man was a traveller and belonged to no villages.

Madara likes abugare, and dislikes roe-dattebayo

Yamato

Graduated Academy age 6
Promoted to Chuunin age 6
Edit: Also from Mangahelpers
Quote:

C. Chiyo was 73 years old, and not 150 as previously speculated (by me).

D. Kakuzu was 91 years old, which makes him the oldest with perhaps the exception of Madara, who's age is not revealed.

E. Madara's brother was named Izuna, and he died in battle, after he'd given up his eyes. Why they'd send a blind man into battle is beyond me.

F.The "three great doujutsu" are confirmed to be "Sharingan", "Byakugan" and "Rinnegan." The only confirmed power of Rinnegan is to allow a person to use all five elements.

G. Kishimoto answers the question of what would happen if a Hyuuga and an Uchiha had a kid in a humorous tone: one of the kid's eye's would be Sharingan, the other Byakugan.

H. Deidara was 19 years old. Heh! Pretty young.

I. Kakashi's Mangekyou Jutsu is called "Kamui" (Power of the Gods).

J. Design wise, Pain's beads are meant to evoque "self infliction" of pain.

K. Konan's wearing a pretty sexy gettup under that Akatsuki cloak. It's kinda like Karin's outfit, except strapless, and partially reveals her outter bossom. She's got a pierced belly buttom.

L. Gaara's lost Shukaku, but not his use of sand and his trademark eyes.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:20   Link #3
james0246

The fact that the second Hokage's name is Tobimaru will undoubtedly spawn much discussion for the Tobi = Madara = Obito fanatacism.

Yugito track record is very impressive , and she is about 9 years older than I previously though.

Kamui is a perfect title for Kakashi's MS ability, though I am guessing that Kishimoto is using it more as an X referrence, rather than an Ainu referrence .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:21   Link #4
Ryuujin

Quote:
Dislikes: Mitarashi anko
Wait... what?

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:36   Link #5
james0246

More important than anything else, Pein is clearly written in romanji as Pain. It is official, his/their name is Pain not Pein. Damn...

Ma Toad is called Shima.

Here is some of the Q&A, translated by tora-chan.

Spoiler for Q and A:

And here is some of what we truly want :

And, of course, here are some of the unknown jutsus (also from tora-chan) (I added the emphasis to specific jutsus that I was interested in):

Spoiler for Jutsus:

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-04 at 16:55.
Old 2008-09-04, 16:47   Link #6
Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Kishimoto - Why the Kyuubi's seal is weakening, why Naruto can only go up to 4 tails in his transformation, what Karin did to Sasuke in the past, whether Kushina is still alive or not, and how Kakashi gained the Mangekyou Sharingan will all be revealed in the manga itself.
I don't remember this from the manga, could someone tell me where this was mentioned, or tell me about it.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:51   Link #7
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
I don't remember this from the manga, could someone tell me where this was mentioned, or tell me about it.
In the first chapters with Karin, Suigetsu just mentioned once he knew what Karin had done to Sasuke.
Although words circulated it was a mistranslation and that he only said he knew she had liked Sasuke for a long time. I guess the first translation was correct after all.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 16:53   Link #8
Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
In the first chapters with Karin, Suigetsu just mentioned once he knew what Karin had done to Sasuke.
Although words circulated it was a mistranslation and that he only said he knew she had liked Sasuke for a long time. I guess the first translation was correct after all.
Ahhhh...ok, thanks
Old 2008-09-04, 17:01   Link #9
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
My hope that Kishi will dive back into Naruto's familly has just been rekindled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Q. What character would you like as your girlfriend?
A. No one. It's characters I create, after all...

Q. If you were a girl, who would you like as your boyfriend?
A. Shikamaru. He's smart and looks like he might be successful in life.
Contradiction much?

Quote:
Q. Now that Gaara doesn't have the Ichibi anymore he's unable to use the sand, right?
A. Both the sand and the rings around his eyes are there for good, they can't be taken away.
Makes some amount of sense. Still, one expects those techniques to be a hellalot weaker now that Shukaku is gone, and this still doesn't answer whether he still has his Shield of Sand, which was controlled by Shukaku.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 17:04   Link #10
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Look how small Sakura's abilities are compared to Sasuke and Naruto....wow out of all of Team 7 she is the ninja reject....also I agree why the hell would you send Izuna into battle if he is blind?!
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 17:10   Link #11
Rahan

Rinnegan lost an element. In the manga, it was 6 elements. (unless it was corrected in a Tankoubon)

I would like to see the exact sentence now. Is it impossible to master the 5 elements without the Rinnegan now ? What about Sarutobi who was supposed to master all the normal jutsus of the village ? Without the 5 elements, it's impossible.

Also, I am afraid the Second Hokage will remain the fodder hokage forever. If his name was revealed here, I guess he won't have any part to play in the plot besides being suspicious of the Uchihas.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 17:18   Link #12
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
also I agree why the hell would you send Izuna into battle if he is blind?!
I'd imagine he probably insisted on doing it, or something.

Quote:
Q. What character would you like as your girlfriend?
A. No one. It's characters I create, after all...

Q. If you were a girl, who would you like as your boyfriend?
A. Shikamaru. He's smart and looks like he might be successful in life.
*facepalm*

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 17:23   Link #13
Luce

In the picture showing the attributes of characters pre and post time skip, could someone tell me which ones are which, starting from the top and working clockwise, or something like that?

And by looking at the attributes, it seems Naruto is the least improved, big surprise there
Old 2008-09-04, 17:36   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
In the picture showing the attributes of characters pre and post time skip, could someone tell me which ones are which, starting from the top and working clockwise, or something like that?

And by looking at the attributes, it seems Naruto is the least improved, big surprise there
Be wary of comparaing the stats. Kishimoto uses the stats to define the characters abilities in specific fields, but one characters 3.5 is not necessarily equal to another character 3.5. These numbers represent character emphasis, specialty, and ability, not necessarily means of comparisson. Added to that, bloodline abilities, jinchuuriki abilities, nature energy abilities, etc. are not found in these stats.

Starting from the top, going clockwise:
-Ninjutsu
-Taijutsu
-Genjutsu
-Intelligence
-(Physical) Strength
-Speed
-Stamina
-Seals (speed of hand-seals)
Also, the charas in the lower left are: Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara, Rock Lee.

Naruto: Nin 4.0 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 2.0 - Int 3.0 - Str 3.5 - Spe 3.5 - Sta 5.0 - Seal 1.5
Sasuke: Nin 5.0 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 4.0 - Int 3.5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 4.0
Sakura: Nin 3.0 - Tai 3.0 - Gen 3.5 - Int 4.0 - Str 3.0 - Spe 3.0 - Sta 2.5 - Seal 4.0
---
Shikamaru: Nin 3.5 - Tai 2.0 - Gen 3.0 - Int 5.0 - Str 2.0 - Spe 2.5 - Sta 3.0 - Seal 3.0
Rock Lee: Nin 0.0 - Tai 5.0 - Gen 1.0 - Int 2.0 - Str 4.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 1.0
Neji: Nin 4.0 - Tai 4.5 - Gen 2.0 - Int 3.0 - Str 2.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 3.0
Gaara: Nin 5.0 - Tai 2.0 - Gen 3.5 - Int 4.0 - Str 2.5 - Spe 3.0 - Sta 5.0 - Seal 4.0

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-04 at 17:52.
Old 2008-09-04, 17:42   Link #15
Luce

Quote:
Be wary of comparaing the stats. Kishimoto uses the stats to define the characters abilities in specific fields, but one characters 3.5 is not necessarily equal to another character 3.5. These numbers represent character emphasis, specialty, and ability, not necessarily means of comparisson. Added to that, bloodline abilities, jinchuuriki abilities, nature energy abilities, etc. are not found in these stats.

Starting from the top, going clockwise:
-Ninjutsu
-Taijutsu
-Genjutsu
-Intelligence
-(Physical) Strength
-Speed
-Stamina
-Seals (speed of hand-seals)
Also, the charas in the lower left are: Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara, Rock Lee.

Ok, well, I'll be kind enough to type the numbers XD; But only of the newest stats..

Naruto: Nin 4.0 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 2.0 - Int 3.0 - Str 3.5 - Spe 3.5 - Sta 5.0 - Seal 1.5
Sasuke: Nin 5.0 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 4.0 - Int 3.5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 4.0
Sakura: Nin 3.0 - Tai 3.0 - Gen 3.5 - Int 4.0 - Str 3.0 - Spe 3.0 - Sta 2.5 - Seal 4.0
Shikamaru: Nin 3.5 - Tai 2.0 - Gen 3.0 - Int 5.0 - Str 2.0 - Spe 2.5 - Sta 3.0 - Seal 3.0
Rock Lee: Nin 0.0 - Tai 5.0 - Gen 1.0 - Int 2.0 - Str 4.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 1.0
Neji: Nin 4.0 - Tai 4.5 - Gen 2.0 - Int 3.0 - Str 2.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 3.0
Gaara: Nin 5.0 - Tai 2.0 - Gen 3.5 - Int 4.0 - Str 2.5 - Spe 3.0 - Sta 5.0 - Seal 4.0
Thanks James, you're awesome. I'm surprised that Naruto and Sasuke have the same taijutsu level, and that Naruto's and Neji's intelligence is the same, that seems almost insulting to Neji. Maybe Naruto is smarter than he acts.

Edit: I missed your first line describing the numbers, it's strange that the numbers can't be compared to other characters. Ehh, oh well.
Old 2008-09-04, 18:30   Link #16
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Contradiction much?
Maybe he really is gay. That would explain Sasuke.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:23   Link #17
james0246

Quote:
Thanks James, you're awesome. I'm surprised that Naruto and Sasuke have the same taijutsu level, and that Naruto's and Neji's intelligence is the same, that seems almost insulting to Neji. Maybe Naruto is smarter than he acts.

Edit: I missed your first line describing the numbers, it's strange that the numbers can't be compared to other characters. Ehh, oh well.
Well, think of the stats more as a measure of how each character fights (or the fields of shinobidom that the character emphasizes in themself).

Take Sasuke for example (Sasuke: Nin 5.0 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 4.0 - Int 3.5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 4.0). Sasuke highest stat is his ninjutsu, and as we have seen in his fights, he is primarily a ninjutsu user. After that, his highest abilities are his speed and his hand-seal abilities, which also make sense considering that he is a ninjutsu specialist, and then Genjutsu comes after all of these since Sasuke learned the techniques to fight his. After that come the other scores which have more or less stayed the same from Part I to Part II. The stats reflect how the person fights in a battle, not necessarily how they stack up against other characters.

As to the intelligence rating, I assume that the various bloodline wielders will have a slightly lower (than expected) intelligence due to the fact that they have a bloodline tool that greatly helps them. Sasuke need not make truly creative descions due to the fact that his eyes will make the fights easier for him (this is a rough analysis of his bloodline, not to be taken too literally).

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-04 at 19:54.
Old 2008-09-04, 19:32   Link #18
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
In case if you guys haven't got any info afterwards.

Deidara

Birthday: May 5, Age 19, Taurus
Height: 166cm
Weight: 50.8kg
Personality: self-respecting (be proud?), militant
Favorite food: Bakudan (boiled egg wrapped in surimi)
Dislike food: Maze-gohan (Japanese food)
Wants to fight: Itachi
Favorite word: Art is a Bang
Hobbies: Creating art = Blowup

Mission completed
D: 4
C: 27
B: 35
A: 13
S: 3

Deidara's using forbidden jutsu for detonating his clay.
Deidara used to be a well known great artist in his village (Iwagakure = Rock village).
Deidara loved to stay in the Akatsuki, because he thought all of the Akatsuki members are kind of artistic and is easy to get a chance to fight against a strong enemy by catching Biju.
Spoiler:

Tobi

Birthday, Age: unknown
Height: 175cm
Weight: 55.9kg
Blood Type: unknown
Personatily: luck-pusher(?)
Favorite food: ?
Dislike food:?
Wants to fight:?
Favorite word: Secret
Hobbies: accompany Deidara(?)
Spoiler:

Sasori

Birthday: Nov 8, Age 35, Scorpius
Height: 164.1cm
Weight: 47.3kg

Hidan

Birthday: April 2, Age 22, Aries
Height: 177.1cm
Weight: 56.6kg
Blood Type: B

Kakuzu

Birthday: Aug 15, Age 91, Leo
Height: 185cm
Weght: 63.2kg

chocy!
It's about Oden^^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden
Lol Deidara
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:37   Link #19
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

OMG! Madara is born the day before Christmas! Lucky bum...

@James since when did Sakura and Gaara become smarter than Neji and Sasuke, cos even though they have kekkei genkei it takes the skill and smarts to use it in battle, like give an idiot like Naruto he would never think of using the colour of chakra to tell where the bombs are. And Sakura is observant but even without using their kekkei genkei so are Sasuke and Neji.
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:47   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
@James since when did Sakura and Gaara become smarter than Neji and Sasuke, cos even though they have kekkei genkei it takes the skill and smarts to use it in battle, like give an idiot like Naruto he would never think of using the colour of chakra to tell where the bombs are. And Sakura is observant but even without using their kekkei genkei so are Sasuke and Neji.
Again, it is not about actual intelligence between the various characters (though, in Sakura's case she has always been considered the most intelligent of the trio), it is about how they use the intelligence in battle or how much they value the use of intelligence. Kishimoto claims that Sakura and Gaara use their brain more than Sasuke or Neji.

For instance, look at the Sasuke v Deidara battle. Without the Sharingan to see the chakra surrounding him, and inside of him, Sasuke would have been completely destroyed with relative ease. So, Sasuke did not use much actual intelligence in the battle, rather he used his bloodline ability and his natural affinity to win the fight (I fully admit that most battles in Naruto follow a similar route in which character's natural fighting abilities matter more than actual intelligence (case and point, the Naruto v Kakuzu fight). Many of Sasuke's battles follow a similar routine (especially his most recent battle ).

Then again, Sakura has only had one fight in Part II, and she, more than anything, pounded shit until it didn't move anymore (Chiyo was the genius of that group).

---

I really like this poll:

Which shinobi would you like as your Older Brother?:
1) Itachi Uchiha - 158 votes
2) Deidara - 116 votes
3) Naruto Uzumaki - 93 votes
4) Neji Hyuuga - 78 votes
5) Sasuke Uchiha - 50 votes
6) Shikamaru Nara - 31 votes
7) Gaara - 30 votes
8) Kakashi Hatake - 29 votes
9) Sai - 24 votes
10) Sasori - 16 votes

You got to love that Itachi is now the ideal older brother .

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-04 at 20:49.