AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-27, 01:33   Link #161
AzureWrath

One of these days, I would love it if they stopped taking the convenient route and making all potential enemies robots or leave everything to kick rival's ass then give speech ending. It gets tiring when the main character(s) somehow always leaves the enemy alive even when they are using super deadly railguns or lasers (or your protagonist's weapon of choice (unless it is a Touma punch)).

I would even say that IS has a built in plot device with the last defense mechanism that could save people. Maybe it is just not good to make moe characters go on a slaughter (thinking Rena from Higurashi atm....).
Old 2011-03-27, 01:37   Link #162
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

OH goddamnit, I wonder how 8-bit is gonna redeem itself with ep12 after this sub-par effort. Yet another reason why the anime is putting the light novels and series in general in a bad light.
Old 2011-03-27, 04:23   Link #163
neowind

i give it a 10 because its about time we get some good old fighting =D
Old 2011-03-27, 05:01   Link #164
Elladan
Ichika no Ecchi!

Send a message via AIM to Elladan Send a message via MSN to Elladan
Good old fighting? @@ where the hell were the fighting? ... it was just the usual clichè monologues with just some fly around.. that wasn't a fight..
Old 2011-03-27, 05:07   Link #165
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Guys, anyone knows how the Japanese people react to the this episode?
Old 2011-03-27, 05:50   Link #166
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Guys, anyone knows how the Japanese people react to the this episode?
up until ep 9-10, foreigners' reactions (us) were pretty much identical to the ones in 2ch.
I can tell that because I often see AS and MAL links reported on 2ch as "foreigners impressions" and from what I can get from the comments, looks like most of the times the reactions on both sides are nearly identical.

Cannot confirm about ep11 yet, but if the trend continues, then they probably share our same reactions...
Old 2011-03-27, 08:59   Link #167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Wait, Ichika’s going to be absent next episode? That’s the best news I’ve heard in a while.

Ah, it’s probably too good to be true…
Eh, it's obvious the idiot's going to come back and save the damsel(s) in distress in the nick of time. I can already clearly see the scene in my mind. I'll have to try really hard not to puke when I see it for real.

If by some miracle it doesn't happen, then I'll have a little more respect for this series.
Old 2011-03-27, 09:23   Link #168
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
up until ep 9-10, foreigners' reactions (us) were pretty much identical to the ones in 2ch.
I can tell that because I often see AS and MAL links reported on 2ch as "foreigners impressions" and from what I can get from the comments, looks like most of the times the reactions on both sides are nearly identical.

Cannot confirm about ep11 yet, but if the trend continues, then they probably share our same reactions...
Wait, but then why is it so popular (also sales wise)? Type B overwhelm?
Old 2011-03-27, 09:46   Link #169
Echoes

Been reading through the pages of reactions here, and it seems I'm not alone in thinking this episode was poorly conceived. Lots of people have already voiced my criticisms much better than I could have, so I won't bother going through it all, but wow; Houki is not very nice.

Yes, Ichika was the moron for not finishing the mission (and not even giving a warning of what he was about to do; there was plenty of time, he flew right past her), but Houki's comment just wow'ed me. "Don't bother protecting those people, they're criminals!"

And what a horrible crime it was; illegal fishing! What a reprehensible woman.
Old 2011-03-27, 10:16   Link #170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Been reading through the pages of reactions here, and it seems I'm not alone in thinking this episode was poorly conceived. Lots of people have already voiced my criticisms much better than I could have, so I won't bother going through it all, but wow; Houki is not very nice.

Yes, Ichika was the moron for not finishing the mission (and not even giving a warning of what he was about to do; there was plenty of time, he flew right past her), but Houki's comment just wow'ed me. "Don't bother protecting those people, they're criminals!"

And what a horrible crime it was; illegal fishing! What a reprehensible woman.
Yeah, I wondered what was up with that. Three ideas:
- we didn't know, but she's a fierce ecologist, and she's worried about the extinction of several fish species.
- she resents criminals in general, because if they didn't exist, she wouldn't have had to go in protective custody and be separated from Ichika. Now, it's true it had nothing to do with illegal fishing, but a crime's a crime.
- she was displacing her anger at Ichika. I mean, she must have been crashing pretty hard. One moment, she's flying with him, they put their very lives in each other's hands... and the next, she realizes he doesn't care. At all. That she can die while he goes off to have fun and maybe collect another member for his harem (any girl on that fishing boat?). That, in his eyes, it is, in fact, her duty to cover for him while he goofs off.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:22   Link #171
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Really I think that's giving it far too much thought than it deserves. It was really just a stupid way to illustrate how her lust for power had distorted her priorites.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:26   Link #172
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Except she's never lusted for power, that we saw. Only for Ichika's attention. Even the suit was just an extension of that.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:28   Link #173
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

And that's why it's so stupid.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:37   Link #174
Elladan
Ichika no Ecchi!

Send a message via AIM to Elladan Send a message via MSN to Elladan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except she's never lusted for power, that we saw. Only for Ichika's attention. Even the suit was just an extension of that.
Its true that she never lusted for power, but she was always jelaous when the others exited in their own IS while she couldn't.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:43   Link #175
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Agree with Haak, it’s just stupid nothing more. Whoever choreographed the scene shares a big deal of the blame, not just the writers. It could have been twisted into a decent moment; and yet it was just made into the most stupid thing ever.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:43   Link #176
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan View Post
Its true that she never lusted for power, but she was always jelaous when the others exited in their own IS while she couldn't.
Because the others could be useful to Ichika, while she was powerless to help him. Heck, when Chifuyu had the personal suit owners help out, she was damn glad she could be taught by him.
Old 2011-03-27, 14:16   Link #177
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Houki was right, Ichika was a retard. Besides the boat was no where in danger during the time, but Ichika potentially put the lives of thousands, possibly even millions for the sake of a boat that was no where near the line of fire. If he had killed that robot then and there, there would've been nothing to worry about. But instead he didn't attack and drew the enemies attention towards the direction of the passerby. Genius, simply Genius.
Old 2011-03-27, 17:14   Link #178
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Errrrrm any one consider that the boat might have a broken radio?
Old 2011-03-27, 17:17   Link #179
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Errrrrm any one consider that the boat might have a broken radio?
You don’t understand, illegal there means it’s fishing in the off-season. You can only fish in certain months on certain days in certain areas; so as not to disturb the ecosystem.
Old 2011-03-27, 19:43   Link #180
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You don’t understand, illegal there means it’s fishing in the off-season. You can only fish in certain months on certain days in certain areas; so as not to disturb the ecosystem.
Illegal fishing means that you dont have permission from the authority to fish there,
for example if you are from country X but you fish in the Y country's water
Closed Thread