AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-17, 03:41   Link #41
Chocobopal

The dvd's are awesome I can't wait to get them so far I have the Durarara deck box and sleeves wanting more collectibles since this was one of my favorite series.

sadly its 3 sets rather than 2 but since they are planning on adding ep 25 ill forgive them.
Old 2011-03-06, 16:22   Link #42
BlackMagister

Does anyone know the quality of the subs on the DVD? I bought Baccano! the complete series on DVD and the subs were kind of off at places which wasn't a big problem because the dubbing was better than the original as it allowed for American accents.

Also why is this so expensive! Some listed prices for just volume 1 (9 episodes) are 50 dollars while Baccano the complete series was around 30 dollars (16 episodes). Durarara volumes I've seen as low as around 40 dollars but it's still pretty expensive.
Old 2011-03-06, 19:43   Link #43
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
Does anyone know the quality of the subs on the DVD? I bought Baccano! the complete series on DVD and the subs were kind of off at places which wasn't a big problem because the dubbing was better than the original as it allowed for American accents.

Also why is this so expensive! Some listed prices for just volume 1 (9 episodes) are 50 dollars while Baccano the complete series was around 30 dollars (16 episodes). Durarara volumes I've seen as low as around 40 dollars but it's still pretty expensive.
Didn't see anything wrong with the subs so you should be fine there. As for prices, Baccano is on it's third or fourth release now (and usually the more releases a series has the lower you can find it for, retailers trying to get old stock out to bring new stock in and what not) while DRRR is being produced by a newer company and just came out over a month ago. So it's for a couple of different reasons and one of those reasons is definitely "because they can [charge that much]"
Old 2012-01-29, 01:36   Link #44
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

DRRR!! BD-Box registered 2-3 days ago at amazon.jp

Strong sign of S2 there folks.
Old 2012-01-29, 07:23   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Awesome! We all know it's only a matter of time before we get another season anyway. Betting for fall 2012.
Old 2015-02-18, 18:48   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

You know when you think about it, doesn't Ruri look incredibly pale?
Old 2015-02-25, 07:51   Link #47
DorkingtonPugsly

Really nice cover actually.
Can't wait for vol.1 to arrive (liking that it's out so early) but this even more.