AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 12:32   Link #2201
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
In the US line, it's got the nickname of 'rocket sled'; it moves very fast, but only in a straight line. You will not find success circle-strafing with the T20 like you did with the E8. For that matter, even though the Pershing and Pattons have a better turn rate than the T20, circle strafing as a viable tactic really ends with the E8.
Hmm, so that's where all the training in the T-25 comes in!
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 13:28   Link #2202
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Yeah, about that. If you're waiting to see if the T20 will perform anything like the E8... don't count on it.

In the US line, it's got the nickname of 'rocket sled'; it moves very fast, but only in a straight line. You will not find success circle-strafing with the T20 like you did with the E8. For that matter, even though the Pershing and Pattons have a better turn rate than the T20, circle strafing as a viable tactic really ends with the E8.

What the T20 does do well though, is teach you how to utilise hull-down tactics with US mediums. You will be learning how to peek over hard cover, pop off a quick shot with the assistance of the US medium line's advantage in accuracy-on-the-move shooting (and ability to mount a Vertical Stabilizer), and duck back behind the protection of terrain before your targets can get a clean shot back at you.
Thanks for the advice. It's my first time going up the Medium line since I'm normally a Heavy Tank player more used to taking hits with the US Heavy line's super hard turrets rather than evading them. I'm only going through the T20 because it's necessary to get to the Pershing, and also to learn how the Pershing plays.

I already got the T26E4 Super Pershing and the T32 (which I sometimes like to call the Jumbo Pershing - historically it's pretty much an enlarged Pershing afterall), so I'm planning to complete my collection of Pershings with this grind.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 14:09   Link #2203
Gravitas Free Zone

Damn consumables sale... gotta make up the cash deficit!

Fortunately... E8!

Also...

This battle was much less exciting than you might think it would have been.

Old 2013-01-25, 15:54   Link #2204
willx
Nyaaan~~

Ha, that does look like fun! A particularly exciting (and by that, I mean bloody painful) game was Steppes where the enemy team had 5 autoloaders vs. our team that only had 1. It was .. unpleasant.

So, people in the WoT forums continue to complain about arty -- one person's suggestion was that they be put into maps with each other! Only arty vs. arty! That reminds me of this:

Old 2013-01-25, 16:09   Link #2205
Gravitas Free Zone

That reminds me of Worms.
Old 2013-01-25, 16:25   Link #2206
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
That reminds me of Worms.
That's how I feel when i'm on the task of counter the enemy arty.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 17:04   Link #2207
Awrya
U mad?

EU Weekend Special
For some reason I always miss out on those discounts.
Bought the PzIII last week, and it's quite unlikely I can earn 60000 experience to buy the Tiger this week.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:49   Link #2208
Gravitas Free Zone

It was a horrible session averaging a 33% win rate (pushing me back under 100 wins over losses, but I'm still nudging 51%), but in the end I've managed to unlock the Panther II and T20.

Now my only other nagging project is unlocking the VK2801. About 11000 XP to go. I noticed that my survival rate in the Leopard is...

7%

Win rate is about 55%, so at least I think I might be doing something for the team when I ram SPGs or ram A-20s that are trying to ram our SPGs. Though I might as well not mount binoculars on the Leopard, so its acceleration is just a tiny bit better; most of the time it seems that I get maps where I can't stop to hide and passive spot.
Old 2013-01-25, 20:36   Link #2209
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The Leopard is such an awful tank (or at least the matchmaker makes it seem worse than it is) so much so I don't think I could ever stick with it long enough to grind the xp necessary to research the VK2801.

In other news I'm working toward the M4 sherman for kicks while I patiently grind the creds I need to pimp out my chaffee with some new modules.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 21:18   Link #2210
Sumeragi
Banned

Field Commander:

Being the sole Tier 5 on your team can be lonely. Add in a dysfunctional connection, and it can be hell.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 22:04   Link #2211
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Thanks for the advice. It's my first time going up the Medium line since I'm normally a Heavy Tank player more used to taking hits with the US Heavy line's super hard turrets rather than evading them. I'm only going through the T20 because it's necessary to get to the Pershing, and also to learn how the Pershing plays.

I already got the T26E4 Super Pershing and the T32 (which I sometimes like to call the Jumbo Pershing - historically it's pretty much an enlarged Pershing afterall), so I'm planning to complete my collection of Pershings with this grind.
Cool. I'm grinding the US medium line myself, and the only reason I haven't moved past the Pershing yet is a lack of funds. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

The thing about the turrets of the US mediums is that while they're not made of adamantium like their heavy counterparts, they're pretty solid in their own right and can take the odd heavy blow every now and then. So while you don't want to rely on the turret armour to no-sell damage like you can with the heavies, you can peek-shoot-retreat over hills with a reasonable chance of coming out unscathed.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 22:15   Link #2212
Sumeragi
Banned

A loss, but I got a laugh out of this one:

Old 2013-01-25, 23:32   Link #2213
willx
Nyaaan~~

Victory! And.. Mastery of the Königstiger! (the XP score is more impressive than it should be due to 2x and premium account, but it was still a great game!)

The hero of the game was the Super P, who as the second last man standing, ventured towards cap with the Lowe .. watched the Lowe get wasted stuck his head out and caught the SU-100M1 relocating and then managed to snapshot a charging AMX12t (after a lucky bounce on his hull). It was actually beautiful to behold..
Old 2013-01-25, 23:32   Link #2214
Sumeragi
Banned

You're platooning with me, Wil.
Old 2013-01-25, 23:34   Link #2215
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

It's so annoying not knowing what promotions are coming until you're almost too late. Fortunately I "caught" this one thanks to this thread.

Looks like the normal M4 doesn't have any bonuses, so I'll have to grind for the Easy Eight quick. Already unlocked the xp, just needs...oh, a million credits or so which is a lot of matches with my incompetence.

I'm going to be tanking hard this weekend it looks like.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 02:51   Link #2216
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I love this lil' derpy box...

Spoiler for Boom Boom Satellites.:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 07:07   Link #2217
Sumeragi
Banned

Perfect StuG III Game:

What happens when you combine competent allies, bumbling enemies, good positions, and a bit of luck.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:33   Link #2218
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I now have destroyed every single German tank in WoT

Old 2013-01-26, 07:39   Link #2219
Sumeragi
Banned

Mind using smaller versions of screenshots? I hate it when they stretch the forums on my screen.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:57   Link #2220
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I think it's just your screen's resolution is way too small, since I have no way to take a small screenshot as yours.

At best I could only contain them in spoiler tag.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks