Tashigi 15 3.37%
Vivi 21 4.72%
Hina 7 1.57%
Conis 0 0%
Other 41 9.21%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-17, 17:49   Link #61
Battler-kun

I must say that i don't like Nami, especially how she "evolved".

Oda introduced her as a smart flat-chested tomboyish thief.

Now she is......i don't like it at all.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 18:00   Link #62
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

Are you kidding? Nami was never flat. Just lately they've just made her assets a little more "noticable" than they used to be.

Also Nami may seem tomboyish but she's always been more feminine than she lets on. And though she may not be a thief anymore, she's still as greedy as ever.

Anywho to stay on topic. My favorite female character is Vivi.

Why? I really don't know myself... xD;
Old 2009-09-17, 20:32   Link #63
Kytherno
12th Supernova

My new top five:

1. Jewelry "Big Eater" Bonney
2. Boa Hancock
3. Robin
4. Vivi
5. Conis

Something about Conis weilding Wiper's Bazooka was just....Win.

And yeah, No Nami on my top list. She just seems...to be a filler member in the crew (IMO). And her fighting style is instantly the most boring. Mainly cause I'm not into scientific weather stuff. But still, where I am in the series (Davy Back Fight), she can't do shat. It seems like she constantly needs to be saved (Gan fall & Nami vs. Hotori & Kotori [Gan Fall has to explain everything to Nami, and then Nami has to use the impact dial. She pulls it off, but then starts crying]).
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 09:19   Link #64
Siddyus
The Insidious

Boa Hancock owns em all!

Close second would be Nami and Robin of course.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 02:47   Link #65
hkBattousai

Guys, something stuck in my mind. If you have watched the episode 420, you should remember the scene in which Luffy tells Hancock the names of his nakama.

How the heck Hancock figures out that Robin was a woman? Isn't "Robin" a male name?
hkBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:26   Link #66
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkBattousai View Post
Guys, something stuck in my mind. If you have watched the episode 420, you should remember the scene in which Luffy tells Hancock the names of his nakama.

How the heck Hancock figures out that Robin was a woman? Isn't "Robin" a male name?
Robin is unisex name that can be given to both genders....

And perhaps in OP world Robin is mainly woman name
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 05:49   Link #67
MoonWolf

Send a message via MSN to MoonWolf
vivi was the best
Old 2009-10-07, 08:25   Link #68
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Robin is unisex name that can be given to both genders....

And perhaps in OP world Robin is mainly woman name
and Nico Robin is one of the world most wanted(s) so she is pretty well known.
deltaxxmintpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:46   Link #69
hkBattousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
and Nico Robin is one of the world most wanted(s) so she is pretty well known.
But Luffy didn't mention her full name, he only said "Robin". It could be any robin on this planet, even Robin Hood...
hkBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:38   Link #70
Rainbowman

I'm not liking that Nami is lacking behind in the polls let alone be second place. It's like you guys are treating her like she's obsolete and extinct and she is one of the main characters. I don't appreciate that you would choose other females for their beauty and sexiness over Nami's smart and caring personality. You guys oughta be ashamed of yourselves. Nami has been in the One Piece story the longest than any other female and I was thinking the lot of you would keep her fanservice alive (and I don't mean in terms of perversion). So I ask of you, please treat Nami with respect instead of ignoring her.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 17:50   Link #71
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I'm not liking that Nami is lacking behind in the polls let alone be second place. It's like you guys are treating her like she's obsolete and extinct and she is one of the main characters. I don't appreciate that you would choose other females for their beauty and sexiness over Nami's smart and caring personality. You guys oughta be ashamed of yourselves. Nami has been in the One Piece story the longest than any other female and I was thinking the lot of you would keep her fanservice alive (and I don't mean in terms of perversion). So I ask of you, please treat Nami with respect instead of ignoring her.
Ehm...you are crusading wrong place here, you should check Arlong Park where Nami is regarded perhaps most disliked Strawhat and one of disliked charecters.

Well I dont really love or hate Nami but she has not seen real charecter development since Arabasta and she has not been that charming in few last arcs.

Besides this entire vote is pretty rigged for Nami because its years old and Robin was not barely introduced.

If this poll would made again now I guess both Robin and Hancock would demolish Nami in polls.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:39   Link #72
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
I must say that i don't like Nami, especially how she "evolved".

I agree with that, her being the Strawhat's token girly girl member has completely taken over her former persona.

I also reject's Rainbow's accusation that we base our judgement on sexiness because that's exactly what has happened to Nami. She has become the poster girl, the damsel in distress. I don't really hate her still, it's just that she's not very interesting at the moment (compared to others).

Which is why I hope that the next strawhat will be a woman with a strongly unique look and personality.

Here are my own poll winners

1. Dr. Kureha (lol)
2. Alvida (basically a female Buggy /still hoping for a Boa+Alvia meeting/)
3. Nami (well...she has had a headstart)
4. Robin
5. Vivi

Runner-ups: Margaret (and also Aphelandra and Sweet Pea) and Tashigi (dojikko/meganekko action girl was a great idea, especially with Kuina not having been geeky at all).
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:42   Link #73
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
vote boa hancock~XD
i like her...so cute~
Old 2009-10-08, 17:52   Link #74
Rainbowman

Quote:
Ehm...you are crusading wrong place here, you should check Arlong Park where Nami is regarded perhaps most disliked Strawhat and one of disliked charecters.*

Well I dont really love or hate Nami but she has not seen real charecter development since Arabasta and she has not been that charming in few last arcs.**

Besides this entire vote is pretty rigged for Nami because its years old and Robin was not barely introduced.***

If this poll would made again now I guess both Robin and Hancock would demolish Nami in polls.****
*I would if there weren't any complications on joining their forums.

**Mostly because she hasn't been in the arcs of Amazon Lily, Impel Down, and Marineford.

***Robin is not the first female character who joined the Strawhat crew therefore Robin is not the lead female to become pirate queen but rather Nami is.

****I wouldn't care how old the polls were, I rather not have Nami be overshadowed by females more popular than her. Ever since Nami's introduction, I felt like she would be the main female character like Luffy is the main male character. Sure Nami has a ways to go, but I stick with her as a main character and no other female would even come close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
I agree with that, her being the Strawhat's token girly girl member has completely taken over her former persona.

I also reject's Rainbow's accusation that we base our judgement on sexiness because that's exactly what has happened to Nami. She has become the poster girl, the damsel in distress.* I don't really hate her still, it's just that she's not very interesting at the moment (compared to others).

Which is why I hope that the next strawhat will be a woman with a strongly unique look and personality. **

Here are my own poll winners

1. Dr. Kureha (lol)
2. Alvida (basically a female Buggy /still hoping for a Boa+Alvida meeting)
3. Nami (well...she has had a headstart)
4. Robin
5. Vivi

Runner-ups: Margaret (and also Aphelandra and Sweet Pea) and Tashigi (dojikko/meganekko action girl was a great idea, especially with Kuina not having been geeky at all).
*Are you saying she wasn't the poster girl/damsel in distress before when she was introduced? If that was true, Nami better break that habit so she could keep her tomboy reputation.

**You can hope for a new female addition to the crew but you can never hope to replace Nami as a main female character.

***I can't tell if this is in terms of the polls or the next Strawhat member.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:12   Link #75
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Blasphemy! Where's Boa Hancock?
1. Boa Hancock
2. Nami
3. Robin
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 23:48   Link #76
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I have always been fond of Robin ever since she was sporting that cowboy outfit back with Baroque Works. Not to mention her character seems to bring more to the plot than the rest, although i do like Vivi, and completely revile Nami.

The lack of miss monday on this pole is depressing lol.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:47   Link #77
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
I have to agree with Crusader, Miss Monday was a far better character than Alvida and Hina in my opinion. But we need to revise this poll to include the lovely Boa Hancock. She is definitely my second favourite now. Perona Sama will always be number 1.
LeoThugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 12:23   Link #78
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
I have to agree with Crusader, Miss Monday was a far better character than Alvida and Hina in my opinion. But we need to revise this poll to include the lovely Boa Hancock. She is definitely my second favourite now. Perona Sama will always be number 1.
Miss Monday? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought she was that testestorone-hormones filled beefed up black woman from Whisky Peak?

Or do you mean that Cameron Diaz looking woman with Kilo-kilo fruit? She was Ms Valentine.
Old 2009-10-18, 20:24   Link #79
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Miss Monday? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought she was that testestorone-hormones filled beefed up black woman from Whisky Peak?

Or do you mean that Cameron Diaz looking woman with Kilo-kilo fruit? She was Ms Valentine.
I was joking about miss monday! Or maybe i have a thing for chicks who can break my back. lol

Wait Ms Valentine is the real back breaker!
Old 2009-10-20, 11:19   Link #80
Rainbowman

Not that I'm still angry about it, but what would it take to get Nami ahead in the polls again?