AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 04:01   Link #2101
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That's what has me wondering. Also, did anyone notice that the Ai Gundam's rifle has two different colors to the blast? One is blood red, the other one is a bright yellow like the Gadessa's Mega Launcher.

Odd...
Yes, its pretty hard not to notice it actually. I really want to know what it means since they had to go out of their way and make it so.............big and red. At this point, I cannot tell why.

Of course, it is a dream. The Wing Zero and Justice can be beside it and it will still make sense [almost at least].

There's also another dilemma relating to that attack, read what I say below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
For a moment I thought that the second one was being focused by the binders, since I remember they can do that (alvaaron cannon), but they aren't. They're on the shoulders acting like cannons.
Good eye. calubin translated some bits and pieces of it and it mentions that the 1.5 Gundam has the ability to use the large beam focus attack that Alvaaron did in the anime. It can only be used once per sortie due to large amount of particles it uses but only in the position the one in the top right of the pic is using.

The problem in this picture here is, the 1.5 Gundam using the attack on the top right has the binder positions to use that so called powerful one time attack............but the 1.5 Gundam firing the large red beam on the right side, does not have the binders in such a position.

Dilimma: 1.5 Gundam that supposedly uses super attack has tiny beam and right binder position. 1.5 Gundam that is supposedly NOT using it has LARGE RED beam and does not have the binder position to use the super attack.

Oh well......maybe Leif really did drink too much and passed out. The dreams a bit out there. But we'll wait till mike comes back and the full scan comes out and see what it means. But graphically, something is indeed amiss so the fact that this is a dream.........helps in this case.
Old 2010-05-25, 04:21   Link #2102
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I was under the impression that the 1.5 Gundam in the foreground is simply firing a basic beam shot, just more stylized with the ring and all, while the one in the background is the one using the Alvaaron Cannon configuration, and hence the large yellowish beam. It's not the first time perspective makes an object larger than it's supposed to be, in this case a beam shot.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 05:00   Link #2103
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I was under the impression that the 1.5 Gundam in the foreground is simply firing a basic beam shot, just more stylized with the ring and all, while the one in the background is the one using the Alvaaron Cannon configuration, and hence the large yellowish beam. It's not the first time perspective makes an object larger than it's supposed to be, in this case a beam shot.
Meh, I guess your right. I think I was simply mesmerized by the deadlier red look and the circle exhaust coming from the gun, probably because it wasn't after it was fired. Not to mention the fact that the other orange beam is mostly obscured due to the angle of the picture so most of it was offscreen.

Now, just need to wonder why one 1.5 Gundam happens to be using a red beam/Tau Drive. I wonder if its just done for fun being due to the license a dream [IE one suit happens to use a red Tau Drive while the others were orange] or whether there may be some significance here that maybe we'll find out.
Old 2010-05-25, 05:45   Link #2104
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Wait a moment, the top right is the alvaaron cannon configuration? With the binders over the shoulders? I thought that this was the alvaaron cannon configuration, and this was just a bombardment configuration similar to Reborns Cannon.

If I'm wrong and the configuration in the top right corner of the picture is the alvaaron cannon, then there's no problem. The one in the top right is firing the alvaaron cannon, and the one in the center is firing a normal beam shot (even if it seems like it was drawn by JJ Abrams); the beam looks large because it's close to the camera, and the rings are just there because of creative license, it looks flashier.

If I'm right about which configuration is which, then we have a bigger problem than a pair of red rings.
Old 2010-05-25, 08:11   Link #2105
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

All modes seen here: http://i.imagehost.org/0238/1g6.jpg

I believe the one you're referring to is the *moves face closure to monitor* the uh...Attack Mode.

Whatever that means...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:26   Link #2106
furato
Chronic Googler

Speaking of dreams, I'm really thrown off by the Beside scenes in 00I, complete lack of Chinese literacy is not helping me at all. Are those also dreams, or flashback, or Beside taking over Leif's body a la Hallelujah, or what?
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:02   Link #2107
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Speaking of dreams, I'm really thrown off by the Beside scenes in 00I, complete lack of Chinese literacy is not helping me at all. Are those also dreams, or flashback, or Beside taking over Leif's body a la Hallelujah, or what?
Hmm............I wish I could view them myself, otherwise its hard for me to judge. Some of them, like the coloured scene of the 1 Gundams/GN Cannans scene were stuff that was suppose to happen if Beside's rebellion went though. [In this specific mentioned, case the Celestial Being's interventions]
Old 2010-05-26, 20:14   Link #2108
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is there any indication as to why these two Innovator groups are fighting each other?
Old 2010-05-26, 23:30   Link #2109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You mean besides the reason of "Ribbons is being a prick"?
Old 2010-05-27, 00:09   Link #2110
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You mean besides the reason of "Ribbons is being a prick"?
Is that an actual quote from the side story?
Old 2010-05-27, 00:27   Link #2111
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Translation summary of the new 00I chapter:

http://mike-s-6.livejournal.com/2445.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6
Lars pointed his gun towards Ribbons, but he lowered it. Lars says, "Stop your foolish actions". Ribbons, seeing his change of mental state murmurs, "This is a verification that even an Innovade can evolve." Ribbons reveals that he receives information from the six comrade candidates, and proposes that he would give Lars an Innovade with the same type as Anew [as a replacement wife?].

The scene changes to a battle between Fon and Beside. Fon declared that he is naturally trying to be related to the gathering of the six comrades. After Fon knocks down 3 Garazzos, Beside left the place.

The scene goes back to Ribbons' place. Regene continues to listen to the exchange between Ribbons and Lars after confirming Beside's safety. Lars rejects Ribbons' proposal. And then Lars cuts off Ribbons with a question.

"How far are you related to the search of the six companions?"

Ribbons replies. I am a person who took over the plans of Aeolia, and I believe that it is important to the plan that Veda accomplishes the assembling of the six comrades. That's why I collaborate completely with the search for them. Furthermore, he whispered that "his own acquaintances" are not suitable to be the six comrades. Lars went away quietly, and Ribbons saw him off with a bold smile.

At around this time, Leif's body was starting to recover thanks to the "start-up command that activates the nanomachines inside the Innovade's body" data that Moreno left behind. On the other hand, Beside who was remodeling 1 Gundam to 1.5 Gundam was surprised that data was not being downloaded from Veda. He noticed that since his body was exchanged, he was being recognized [by Veda] as a different existence. Because of this, he started to think of regaining Leif's body.

Telicyra comes across Chall and the rest as he visited CB's secret base. He regains his determination on hearing Moreno's story. At the same time, 1.5 Gundam which crushed the Federation Army started a battle with Hixar. Hearing this news, Fon went in to prepare to sortie. Furthermore, Leif also appears from a capsule after his medical treatment was finished.

Quote:
I was wondering about that as well, but I've been told:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelesswoman
A backup of Beside's personality stored in 1 Gundam downloaded itself into Leif and took control. After Beside jumped to another body in chapter 10, Leif is presumably the dominant personality of the body again.
Old 2010-05-27, 03:59   Link #2112
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Who are the "six companions"?

Ribbons' squad in season 2?
Old 2010-05-27, 05:49   Link #2113
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Who are the "six companions"?

Ribbons' squad in season 2?
The group Telicyra is gathering. Seems to be comprised of Telicyra, Leif, Lars, Bryn, Hermiya and Sulu, but I'm saying that with only from pics of 00I and mike's summaries.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 07:16   Link #2114
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yes, they're meant to have a special role. Even Ribbons said that his Innovades aren't worthy.

Lars definitely belongs in that group. Not many people have the ability to take over machines at will.......and summon a shot from the Memento Mori out of the clear blue sky.

I think Beside and Leif have seperate character pages now too, got a new one for himself.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-27 at 08:08.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 08:22   Link #2115
mike_s_6

Quote:
The group Telicyra is gathering. Seems to be comprised of Telicyra, Leif, Lars, Bryn, Hermiya and Sulu, but I'm saying that with only from pics of 00I and mike's summaries.
I actually also have a theory just like Nosferatu that Ribbons and his core Innovade gang forcibly became the comrades due to Ribbons machinations. I just re-checked the summary about the rules:

"There is a publication of the rules regarding Veda's mission.

01-00 Look for 6 comrades among the Innovades."

I assumed that's 6 aside from the gatherer. If this is not some sort of translation or context error on my part, then the possibility is open that Ribbons actually made up his own 6 comrades, and he's just playing with the other team. And that also leaves one more slot for Telicyra's team. Then again, Ribbons' team being pairs and all has been explained as some sort of battlefield communication convenience, so maybe I'm wrong.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:54   Link #2116
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I actually also have a theory just like Nosferatu that Ribbons and his core Innovade gang forcibly became the comrades due to Ribbons machinations. I just re-checked the summary about the rules:

"There is a publication of the rules regarding Veda's mission.

01-00 Look for 6 comrades among the Innovades."

I assumed that's 6 aside from the gatherer. If this is not some sort of translation or context error on my part, then the possibility is open that Ribbons actually made up his own 6 comrades, and he's just playing with the other team. And that also leaves one more slot for Telicyra's team. Then again, Ribbons' team being pairs and all has been explained as some sort of battlefield communication convenience, so maybe I'm wrong.
I think Ribbons made his team in order mirroring rule and achoeve. Perhaps he wanted to make them [and himself I guess] as powerful as the legendary 6 will be but probably failed in achieving such worthy members and stuck with what he has.

Anyways, Homeless makes an explanation for the Beside body situations since it can be a confusing issue. It certainly does help me a lot in understanding it. I'd thought its worth posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelesswoman
The whole Beside/Leif mess seems to understandably confuse a lot of people, so I thought I'd try and clear it up. Not that it really lends itself to a simple explanation by any measure.

Body #1
Beside Pain as he appeared in the finale of 00P. When defeated by Grave he attempted to transfer himself into one of the GN Cannon pilots, but he was killed before he could finish the process.

Body #2
The GN Cannon pilot, who was imprinted with Beside's registry data but not his personality. After the battle, Veda writes the personality of "Leif Recitativo" to it, and dispatches him into human society. He's awakened ten years later, and is ultimately drawn to the hidden 1 Gundam. When he enters the cockpit, a backup of Beside's data forcibly downloads itself into the body and takes control.

Beside gallivants around in this body for awhile, until he encounters and is wounded by Fon. He retreats to a hidden base and transfers his consciousness into a spare body that he apparently had for just such an occasion. This body is recovered by Telicyra/Celestial Being, and after some medical care it appears that Leif is once again in control.

Body #3
Beside's current body, which he transferred into after being injured by Fon. Apparently Veda continues to acknowledge Body #2 as the actual "Beside", so he is considering attempting to reclaim it.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-27 at 14:10.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 05:19   Link #2117
solidvanz
Special Operative

Dengeki Hobby & Hobby Japan July Issue Scans:

00V Senki

00N

00P SE

Last edited by solidvanz; 2010-05-28 at 05:38.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 05:55   Link #2118
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

00N is about Anfs?!

Blue beam saber?
Old 2010-05-28, 06:13   Link #2119
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I find this Anfs chapter to be interesting at first glance. I'm hoping that it may give us more information on the development and integration of combat mobile suits in general in the AD world and while th Anfs are never mentioned to be the first combat mobile suits anywhere, they are the oldest MS model that we know off officially.
Old 2010-05-28, 08:05   Link #2120
Zantetsuken

Blue beam sabers! Hell yeah.