4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-20, 21:38   Link #141
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
Federation has been corrupt even the day before they staged the Laplace's attack/accident. When I first watched OYW back maybe 15 years ago, I always thought EFF were the good guys mainly because of General Revil and White Base crew. After that, they've been on a steady decline, enjoying luxurious lifestyle for themselves.
Hey man great job for spoiling the rest of Unicorn and the secrets of the box since many of the viewers here have yet to read the novel. And I'm pretty sure at this point the OVA haven't revealed the actual contents of the box but good job.

Novel spoilers
Spoiler:

Quote:
Yeah, Revil was one of the good guys. That said, I didn't really like how the rest of the federation kept on abandoning White Base and using it as bait.
That's because Zeon was throwing everything they had into the White Base which drew more and more resources from fighting the Federation and that allowed them to regain the inititave.

Quote:
IMO, Feddies are already in a decline.
I was wondering about that but I was looking at the Gundam wiki (if anyone can clarify) and it states that Torrington base is a base that's more or less been abandoned and is run on a skeleton crew as it was very low strategic value. Of course if that's the case I wonder why such a powerful experimental unit was stationed there.

Last edited by monir; 2011-11-21 at 09:10. Reason: novel spoiler removed
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 03:51   Link #142
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

How is it a spoiler? I did not even read the novel, its based on what I gather in this forum and the anime. In addition, I don't see how my post revealed the content of the box.

Spoiler for Laplace:

As for White Base, probably because it wasn't an official crew, it was mainly manned by mostly civilians at the beginning (spacenoids) so they probably didn't care to save them. Even so, I'm surprised the Feddies allowed them to use it, I guess mainly to collect data for future MS production after they fended off Char.

As for Bright Noa, a very good captain but again treated like trash from the Feddies.
Spoiler for Hathaway's Flash:
Old 2011-11-21, 07:06   Link #143
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Decline as in a gradual decline, not a terminal decline. Abandoning the Torrington base is also logistically reasonable given that Federation doesn't exactly need the base anymore. The experimental Byalant might have been stationed there in case of emergencies, or perhaps they didn't want to attach too much attention to their major bases.

That said, Zeon doesn't exactly need to defeat the Federation. By the late UC era the space colonies were more or less independent, as a result of the Feddies' decline.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 16:33   Link #144
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
How is it a spoiler? I did not even read the novel, its based on what I gather in this forum and the anime. In addition, I don't see how my post revealed the content of the box.

Spoiler for Laplace:

Hell that pretty much means my spoiler shouldn't even have been removed since we now all know what the Laplace's box is. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. However I don't recall any of that being mentioned in the series yet or was that on his profile that he was part of the conservative EFFs?

Quote:
As for White Base, probably because it wasn't an official crew, it was mainly manned by mostly civilians at the beginning (spacenoids) so they probably didn't care to save them. Even so, I'm surprised the Feddies allowed them to use it, I guess mainly to collect data for future MS production after they fended off Char.
Which the Feds used to create more units such as the Gundam in War in the Pocket.

Quote:

As for Bright Noa, a very good captain but again treated like trash from the Feddies.
Spoiler for Hathaway's Flash:
Since he has a decent battleship and a trio of the best aces in the Federation I'd say he's doing okay.

Quote:
Decline as in a gradual decline, not a terminal decline. Abandoning the Torrington base is also logistically reasonable given that Federation doesn't exactly need the base anymore. The experimental Byalant might have been stationed there in case of emergencies, or perhaps they didn't want to attach too much attention to their major bases.

That said, Zeon doesn't exactly need to defeat the Federation. By the late UC era the space colonies were more or less independent, as a result of the Feddies' decline.
The principality was independent even after the war and only returned to the sphere I believed after Neo Zeon fell through.

The remants remind me of the Japanese soldiers who refused to surrender after WWII and kept on fighting.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:59   Link #145
WhiteWings

Considering the state of the planet and the state of the government(s) cells like those found here might very last several more decades in the UC universe.

I mean, Hiroo Onoda held out in the Philippines anf Teruo Nakamura in Indonesia until 1974. Almost 30 years after WWII.
Old 2011-11-22, 07:13   Link #146
Ypocaramel

As above, given the scale of devastation wrought in the OYW and the subequent First Neo-Zeon War (including a colony drop), the EF's politicial and military intrastructure even on Earth is probably badly damaged. Not only are they presented as a inefficient and ineffective government, their budget is badly strained by reconstruction, the creation and subequent loss of the Titans and likely a large amount of corruption. Although they have de jure control of Earth, it is likely their actual influence is limited to major popultion centers and several military bases. The world is too big for the Federation to cover, hence the mobile suit museum at Torrington - they have use MS they possibly have to garrison their bases. They have task forces like Londo Bell for when they need things done but that's probablty all tied up in politics too. That's why small-medium size remnants can run around without too much trouble.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2011-11-22 at 07:31.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:32   Link #147
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Man Riddhe has really changed, he had dead eyes when he killed Loni. Man I have a feeling this show is going to get (more) depressing.

btw whats up with the release of Vol. 2 of the OST, this was award winning stuff in the episode.

Last edited by ttdestroy; 2011-11-22 at 12:03.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 18:54   Link #148
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Man Riddhe has really changed, he had dead eyes when he killed Loni. Man I have a feeling this show is going to get (more) depressing.

btw whats up with the release of Vol. 2 of the OST, this was award winning stuff in the episode.
getting dumped by Audrey, learning the truth about his family... that drew him to the end of the line. even hating Banagher for no particular reason. don't worry, episode 5 will push him off the edge when..

Last edited by james0246; 2011-11-24 at 08:30. Reason: please do not provide any spoilers...
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 19:15   Link #149
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Bansee looks awesome

...can't wait for a MG model for it
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 02:53   Link #150
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
For some reason I'm seeing more of the antagonist relationship between Camille and Jerid had when it comes to these two pilots.
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 09:05   Link #151
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanz1170 View Post
For some reason I'm seeing more of the antagonist relationship between Camille and Jerid had when it comes to these two pilots.
now that you mentioned it, you're right!! Riddhe is a little less an idiot, though
Old 2011-11-24, 20:15   Link #152
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
now that you mentioned it, you're right!! Riddhe is a little less an idiot, though
he is just a spoiled brat who pities himself and hates the world after his father told him the truth and ended up being dumped by Audrey moments after, as Banagher helped Loni to break her " curse bound by blood " Riddhe simply subdued and complained about it.

to put it short he is butthurt
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 22:53   Link #153
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wzup? Is there not a HQ watchable version of this production available? Not asking where it is just asking if it exists...Been pining to see it, but all I see are $hit versions...
Old 2011-11-25, 09:36   Link #154
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Wzup? Is there not a HQ watchable version of this production available? Not asking where it is just asking if it exists...Been pining to see it, but all I see are $hit versions...
You can get all the watchable versions you want on PSN and/or Zune... Or you can wait for the Blu-Ray to come out in exactly one week.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:04   Link #155
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
he is just a spoiled brat who pities himself and hates the world after his father told him the truth and ended up being dumped by Audrey moments after, as Banagher helped Loni to break her " curse bound by blood " Riddhe simply subdued and complained about it.

to put it short he is butthurt
if he thinks like that, then how will he be able to help Audrey? I can't blame Riddhe though. He is a soldier after all whereas Banagher isn't.

ever wonder why Kira is so whiny and Athrun is so persistent in his beliefs in the first parts of Seed? Civilians and Soldiers have different perspectives after all.
Old 2011-11-27, 22:15   Link #156
DV04

What is the name of the song that is played when Loni was reciting "sieg Zeon"?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 22:43   Link #157
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
i think it's either mad-nug or mobile armor
Old 2011-11-28, 10:26   Link #158
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
It's definitely MAD-NUG (Time 1:48 - 3:00)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 12:47   Link #159
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
if he thinks like that, then how will he be able to help Audrey? I can't blame Riddhe though. He is a soldier after all whereas Banagher isn't.

ever wonder why Kira is so whiny and Athrun is so persistent in his beliefs in the first parts of Seed? Civilians and Soldiers have different perspectives after all.
he was told the " truth " about his family after he tried to help Audrey/Minerva out by bringing her to the Mercenas mansion, hence his " Don't leave my side " speech to her, and him forcefully embracing her, then suddenly going all old spice "i'm on a horse"

Riddhe is a spoiled brat, he goes AWOL because he felt like it, he ran away from home because he wanted to be a pilot, to put it short he is just a spoiled brat, nothing more.

Hell, Bright mind-slapped him and basically told him to get off his high horse

Riddhe being in the military didn't change him, as shown by his little speech to bright about how he should not be given special treatment.

Kira and Athrun isn't really a good comparsion, since Athrun spent most of the show doubting what was right and what was not because of Kira, while Kira simply fought to protect his friends on the archangel in seed, if anything, Kira had a more dedicated path than Athrun did in Seed
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 01:56   Link #160
DV04

Quote:
i think it's either mad-nug or mobile armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's definitely MAD-NUG (Time 1:48 - 3:00)
Thanks for the answers
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion