AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 02:26   Link #261
yankky5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
"Stealth" Bombers are "stealth" because they have low radar signature, they aren't any less visible nor any more silent than other similar non stealth aircraft. It shouldn't matter against titans.
So in the end I agree to whoever said that helicopters would be better to fight titans. They are in fact better suited to fight ground based threats.
In truth stealth bombers are actually much more quieter than your average airliner or any other aircraft

Quote:
I'm still skeptical on guided missiles because they wouldn't be able to attack the weak point directly. The payload should be strong enough to blow up at least half of a titan to be sufficiently effective. This could be hard for 15 meters class titans.
lol man I'm pretty sure you heard of the JDAM's right thats a weapon system that can upgrade almost any bomb of any era(much cheaper than a lazer or tv guided bomb/missile) so as far as quantity goes you have no problem

Last edited by yankky5; 2013-05-19 at 02:39.
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 09:13   Link #262
yankky5

I think I found the ultimate weapon against titans

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-19, 10:37   Link #263
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Giving a 3m class a paper-cut isn't that hard, but it's not that significant either. (And she didn't use a knife, she used what was left of one of her ultra-hardened blades.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 12:00   Link #264
SagaraSouske

That's fine with the ultra hardened blades. Just saying the momentum needed to cut through their skin isn't that high. And if their make up is very light, once cut through, it is easier to go deep. Both would favor range combat.
Old 2013-05-19, 12:59   Link #265
Jun pls

I'm wondering about something and I'm sorry if it was said before in this thread or if it's really stupid but I'm unsure about the gas thing.

I'm really not that knowledgeable about when certain things got invented etc so I'm wondering if it is possible for their current state of technology to know how to make gas or use it properly?

I'm really sorry if it's a super stupid question but I'd be really happy if someone could help me with this
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 13:39   Link #266
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
I'm wondering about something and I'm sorry if it was said before in this thread or if it's really stupid but I'm unsure about the gas thing.

I'm really not that knowledgeable about when certain things got invented etc so I'm wondering if it is possible for their current state of technology to know how to make gas or use it properly?

I'm really sorry if it's a super stupid question but I'd be really happy if someone could help me with this
This makes me think. What kind of gas are they using?

I think they are just using compressed air, but I'm not sure.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 13:46   Link #267
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

@Jun : I don't see anything which required electrical engineer expertise so far so I think it is really possible, I mean farting condensed gas is not really that difficult (probably)

@SS : http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...41#post4686841

and what I mean by Mikasa is super strong woman that can break the floor and knife handle just with her grip when she was barely a normal 10yrs old little girl

after few years of training and body building, you don't know how strong and scary she can be
Old 2013-05-19, 14:41   Link #268
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I think they are just using compressed air, but I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
@Jun : I don't see anything which required electrical engineer expertise so far so I think it is really possible, I mean farting condensed gas is not really that difficult (probably)
I see, thank you for the quick reply!
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:33   Link #269
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't know, they call it gas, but they never specified which.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 18:45   Link #270
SagaraSouske

Even if she is abnormally strong, she is still human though. And strength doesn't factor as much as into as the speed of the blade, which is gonna be limited no matter what from regular melee.
Old 2013-05-19, 20:25   Link #271
yankky5

Quote:
I don't know, they call it gas, but they never specified which.
It could be nitrogen based gas cauz their seems to be smoke trails coming out of the back when their retracting or or launching their hooks. to my knowledge compressed air dont leave smoke trails when released to outside environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Even if she is abnormally strong, she is still human though. And strength doesn't factor as much as into as the speed of the blade, which is gonna be limited no matter what from regular melee.
you do realise that even though SnK setting is that of Europe it still comes from a country that invented a sword that can cut through 5 human bodies in one slice
Old 2013-05-19, 21:58   Link #272
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
It could be nitrogen based gas cauz their seems to be smoke trails coming out of the back when their retracting or or launching their hooks. to my knowledge compressed air dont leave smoke trails when released to outside environment.
Well I don't think there is that much difference between 100% nitrogen and 78% nitrogen.

If the latter doesn't leave trails, I wouldn't expect the former to do so.

Old 2013-05-19, 22:17   Link #273
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I'm 23 years old human and still cannot break knife handle with my grip

my friend, human, go to the gym everyday and cannot break knife handle with his grip

there are angular momentum take place (from how Mikasa slice that finger), it depends on angular speed which depend on Mikasa's arm strength and her upper body strength to withstand rotation. and you can see from eps 7, it also fast

adding to that factor, angle of arrival (blade) is perpendicular to the finger movement, which as we all know that moving thing is weaker if it was attacked from sides

let's not forget that finger (although it vary from titan to titan) is not really the thickest nor strongest part of human body really

adding to yankky 5 argument, samurai (standing at one point) can slice human body wearing armor into two

showing how angular momentum due to strength of upper part of body combined with super sharp blade is really terrifying combination

if you still have a problem believing how hard titan's skin is

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=294

human's head will be broken into pieces, yet titan's head are still intact there

=====

I know you want your theory of having archers to work but I think we have discussion and many already pointed at you before why it was obselete (space, deviant, reloading time and as Armin explained in eps 7: agility and maneuver)

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2013-05-19 at 22:31.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 01:08   Link #274
Iron Maw
Banned

@Anh_Minh rather not look at your post since I want avoid spoilers, but I agree some change in Tanks would be needed a bit. I still think that the Colossal Titan would pose much more difficulty ground, but prehaps I'm giving it too much credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well comparing between the two, which will likely happen IRL?

1. A Titan that could survive without eating a human for 100 hundreds and without source of nutrition? That could regenerate in a few seconds ( yeah, ok planarian could do but it has its limitations) A giant that just disappears and appears out of nowhere defying the law of physics and matter.

or

2. Beta an extraterrestrial being that came from somewhere outside Earth menacing us and kills every single thing it sees moving.

This is one I'm pointing LOls....
Okay look at it this way.

If you took Titans and BETAs, switched them around (while still keeping their abilites intact) so that Titans were the Aliens and BETA were the Titans. Would SnK Titans be more believable to you then?

Don't see why either of their abilities would matter. They're fantasy creatures first and foremost, they don't have to confirm to any physical laws, but the ones that govern them. Neither like are any of the beings on their respective worlds to begin with it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 02:49   Link #275
yankky5

Quote:
Well I don't think there is that much difference between 100% nitrogen and 78% nitrogen.

If the latter doesn't leave trails, I wouldn't expect the former to do so.
Actually theres a huge help in this in what I think 3DMG possible since nitrogen gas is a much more cooler than regular air it means it expands when exposed to a warmer climate. To put this in a much simpler term for 3 tanks of compressed outside air you can get the same amount of time and power for the price of 1 nitrogen tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Okay look at it this way.

If you took Titans and BETAs, switched them around (while still keeping their abilites intact) so that Titans were the Aliens and BETA were the Titans. Would SnK Titans be more believable to you then?

Don't see why either of their abilities would matter. They're fantasy creatures first and foremost, they don't have to confirm to any physical laws, but the ones that govern them. Neither like are any of the beings on their respective worlds to begin with it.
I half to agree on Genji on this space is still unkown... we dont know what form of life we'll encounter in the future the BETA is just a one of those what if's in the unkown while the Titans is form of human made fiction like fairies, trolls or santa lol. All in all BETA are more likly to appear than 15m bipedal species that run on sun power

though the only point that i can support you is that life evolves so 15m being that run on light can be made but cannot be made naturally by the earth
Old 2013-05-20, 03:05   Link #276
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Actually theres a huge help in this in what I think 3DMG possible since nitrogen gas is a much more cooler than regular air it means it expands when exposed to a warmer climate. To put this in a much simpler term for 3 tanks of compressed outside air you can get the same amount of time and power for the price of 1 nitrogen tank

I half to agree on Genji on this space is still unkown... we dont know what form of life we'll encounter in the future the BETA is just a one of those what if's in the unkown while the Titans is form of human made fiction like fairies, trolls or santa lol. All in all BETA are more likly to appear than 15m bipedal species that run on sun power

though the only point that i can support you is that life evolves so 15m being that run on light can be made but cannot be made naturally by the earth
My point is that any Alien from space can come with Titan's abilities, size and still be considered as Alien as the BETA. It's not as if regenerating monsters are unique to SnK. That why feel say which one is more is kind of moot point at debating which more realistic.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 03:20   Link #277
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Umm, there's an explanation for where the "gas" comes from.
But it's not in the manga.

It's from one of those "Shingeki no Kyojin special background article" column in the Bessatu magazine.

Would posting the info from there be considered spoiler? relentless?
I'm not even sure even the English manga community is aware of these.

Since it's not explained in the manga, chances are, it won't even come up in the anime. lol

The column also explains the material used for the casing and the blades.

EDIT: OH YEAH. The anime has those eye-catches between commercials for exactly something like this doesn't it.
It'll probably come up eventually then, lol
Old 2013-05-20, 04:11   Link #278
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
My point is that any Alien from space can come with Titan's abilities, size and still be considered as Alien as the BETA.
No, they're monster.. Fictional Monsters that look like humans without d*cks.

Quote:
It's not as if regenerating monsters are unique to SnK.
Don't use Piccolo to support that. I don't think cell regenerates that fast... like 2 secs.

Quote:
That why feel say which one is more is kind of moot point at debating which more realistic.
It ain't bad.

Umm, there's an explanation for where the "gas" comes from.

Fart....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:13   Link #279
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Looks like the stuff I'm talking about not only was featured in Bessatu Magazine pages, but also in the novelization of Shingeki no Kyojin "Before the Fall", chronicling the birth of the 3D maneuver equipments and early history.
Old 2013-05-20, 07:01   Link #280
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Look, regular air for the most part nitrogen. And there is no such thing as a gas that is intrinsically cooler. You don't find liquid nitrogen in nature, you need to cool it off artificially. We don't even know if in this world they have refrigerating technology and they probably don't.