AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-08, 00:25   Link #561
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Chieri will get scold for not being a team player by the senior AKB members, they'll teach her the value of teamworks, friendship, and rainbow unicorn and all that, and then everyone will end up being a friend
I know. I just would like her internal conflict to be a little more... complex than this rivalry thing. But considering the rest of the show, I'm probably asking too much....

But yeah, let's wait and see what happens next episode.
Old 2012-05-08, 00:49   Link #562
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think they needed a bit of an extra help from the Bentenmaru crew here.... come on Satelite you could do that can you?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 02:05   Link #563
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually adore Chieri's contradictory character. On one hand her realistic view on the whole idol concept is probably the result of being the heir of the company, but on the other her time back during the AKB concert made her really care about her friends.

But argh, Nagisa's voice still annoys the heck out of me. Why couldn't they have made one of the other three girls the main character instead, as I wouldn't have minded her as much if she wasn't the main character.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 02:50   Link #564
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Macross. Seriously this show is just so Macross..but sillier...
For me, I can't say the cast don't have any charm because I freaking love Sonata. But since AKB0048 don't give each episode to one girl to showcase her personality like Idolmaster, and just focus on the drama and emotions, it might be hard to see the girls' charms but eventually, I'm sure they'll develop more of their characters and give more back stories to each girl.

Anyway it's entertaining to say the least, I wouldn't really take this anime seriously but just enjoy it lol
Kawamori is really on some strong drugs while doing this anime tho...
It's actually the drama and emotions part that's conflicting with me. If it was an anime that was just pure siliness like Haiyore, I'd be able to laugh it of and enjoy the comedy. Yet, they're setting up all these "serious business" characters and themes in a story who's plot is nowhere near that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:50   Link #565
maximilianjenus
[E]

I think I am the only one who likes nagisa voice because ranka. anwyay I am enjoying this show, some parts are good and other parts are so bad that thye are good so this si clearly aiming for perfection with both eyes closed.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:16   Link #566
Dr. Casey

I wasn't planning to watch this (though that's more due to being overloaded with shows this season than any lack of interest), but I went ahead and decided to use it to fill my otherwise anime-empty Tuesdays, and I'm glad I did because I'm loving this show. The series is overflowing with charisma and style, the opening song is badass, and the artwork is very appealing (Even if the hearts in the corner of everyone's eyes is a bit too much on the teenybopper side). Nagisa's my favorite character so far, though I'm also interested to see why Chieri's become rather cold. I'm mostly indifferent to Pink Hair so far (Though she's cute), and Blonde Girl's resentful, busybody nature should add some interesting dynamics to the group. Good show.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 12:25   Link #567
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I... can't say this series has managed to catch me. I'll give it another episode, but so far it hasn't really impressed me. It tries to be Idolm@ster meets... some sci-fi I can't pin down, but it's lacking the charm of the Idolm@ster cast and the sci-fi is "tries to be serious but cannot possibly be taken serious" level.
I don't get anything remotely resembling a serious vibe from this show. What I'm getting is that someone was dumb enough to give Kawamori and Okada carte blanche to create a show, and by god they're gonna use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I think I am the only one who likes nagisa voice because ranka. anwyay I am enjoying this show, some parts are good and other parts are so bad that thye are good so this si clearly aiming for perfection with both eyes closed.
No, I like that Nagisa's voice is realistic and she doesn't have all the affectations of most seiyuu.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 12:25   Link #568
mochichan

Nagisa voice is actually not bad but Karen need more help showing emotion. :\
I heard that the producer cast the girls according to their personalities but they should give Karen more training at least.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 13:18   Link #569
xizro345
King's Justice

I really can't stand Nagisa's voice, especially when it goes high pitch. It clearly shows the inexperience in voice acting.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 14:47   Link #570
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Nagisa's voice isn't an issue to me, looks like I'm the only one... I think it does fit the character.

It's not fair to criticise her inexperience, she's doing a decent job, maybe not perfect but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it either. She'll get better over time and everybody has to start somewhere.
Plus, I personally enjoy hearing fresh voices.

Btw, I thought Chieri was going to be seriously injured, considering a really heavy chandelier crashed on her spine. Most people would at least be paralysed. But she just bounced back like it was nothing :huh:
Nyan Nyan and her magical taser really freak me out. She's clearly a psycho of some kind, lol

I think this show and the real AKB are winning me over. It seems like a fun series, with potentially a serious side later on. And the more I watch and read about AKB the more I appreciate them as performers.
They're very dedicated, hard working girls with aspirations. Sayaka in particular impressed me with her telling off a disrespectful "fan" publicly.
I like how this sends a strong message that it's ok for girls to be badass and strike back and I'm happy their management allows them to do this, even if it might alienate a few strange "fans".

So I guess this show is achieving its goal of interesting me in the group behind it XD

Thanks again mochichan for the introduction and convincing me to give them a chance
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 16:03   Link #571
mochichan

^
it's anime world. People fall from buildings and are unharmed :P
I think they're playing it on Kojiharu (nyan 2x) real life girly, airhead personality lol

And no problem :3

AKB is really easy to like if you give them a chance. Hard not to with over 421 songs with diverse subject and 60 something girls.
Old 2012-05-08, 16:51   Link #572
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
What I'm getting is that someone was dumb enough to give Kawamori and Okada carte blanche to create a show
Dumb enough? Sounds like genius to me. :D
Old 2012-05-08, 16:56   Link #573
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Dumb enough? Sounds like genius to me.
Sounds like genius with me to. One of the craziest directors being able to construct a "real" idol anime?

GENIUS!
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 17:43   Link #574
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Nagisa's voice isn't an issue to me, looks like I'm the only one... I think it does fit the character.

It's not fair to criticise her inexperience, she's doing a decent job, maybe not perfect but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it either. She'll get better over time and everybody has to start somewhere. Plus, I personally enjoy hearing fresh voices....
You're not the only one who thinks she's doing an okay job. Some of her lines have been great. I'm not with the Japanese seiyuu otaku who demand that all seiyuus conform to a common standard of professional expertise, and reject TV actresses completely since they haven't been beaten into the standard style by seiyuu school.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 18:41   Link #575
Raiga
tl;dr

Screwing around with Avisynth and VDub. Anything else I should .gif while I'm at it?
Old 2012-05-08, 18:53   Link #576
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiga View Post

screwing around with avisynth and vdub. Anything else i should .gif while i'm at it?
omfg sonata gifs plz~ <3
Old 2012-05-08, 20:12   Link #577
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
omfg sonata gifs plz~ <3
http://imgur.com/a/VoMSC

Some came out better than others. VDub's gif compression isn't the greatest.

I could of course export as image sequence and put together the gif in ImageReady, which has advanced GIF compression options. But it's a lot of effort.
Old 2012-05-08, 20:22   Link #578
sa547
*Author

By the way of her voice, I think Sonata has become an unexpected favorite. Quite a perky girl.

In case some people wonder why Yuki is Flying Get's "acting captain", I'd say she's an executive officer (XO in Navyspeak) who has been given the assignment by Mariko (while in absence down at Akibastar to take care of business, such as preparing the final auditions) to take command of the bridge and the extraction mission.
Old 2012-05-08, 21:16   Link #579
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:

MAYUYUROID~
lol..
this ep is so..dramatic. IDK what other words to say for it.
WTF is with real soldiers shooting at 14 yrs old girls...omfg...XD
It just occurred to me. Is she cosplaying a certain character in a certain video game which I don't want to say because it's a spoiler?
Old 2012-05-08, 21:58   Link #580
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It just occurred to me. Is she cosplaying a certain character in a certain video game which I don't want to say because it's a spoiler?
It's Xenoblade. But I dislike Mayuyu hair in this ver.

There's another CM with longer hair and Mayuyu look so gorg <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7hbn14m5g

OMFG SONATA SO KAWAII~~
I've always ready to like her tho, she's the next Yuko and voice by Kuumin but her character turned out way more lovable than I thought :3
I thought the rabbit hood she was wearing is a tribute to SKE adorable Rabbit too

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime