Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-07, 17:40   Link #61
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Another option is that Jinbei's "duty" is protecting Shirahoshi. Consequently, where she goes, he will follw. This could mean they both join the Strawhats. Or, they could simply go off together. Whatever the case, I stand by my speculation that Shirahoshi will be leaving Fishmen Island (one way or another) at the end of thsi arc.
You just have read my mind, james!

And yes, they better join. Because if they do, Luffy's crew will be finally completed.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:04   Link #62
james0246

^Don't get me wrong, I still do not desire, nor believe, that Jinbei will join the Strawhats. I do not think he has a role on the team beyond ally. Shira, on the other hand, could be beneficial, and if nothing else she will help insert some much needed estrogen into the group.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:06   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So if she joins, will Shira shrink?
Old 2011-12-07, 18:20   Link #64
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why would she? Just make the Sunny bigger with the wood of the Eve tree.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:29   Link #65
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I still don't see Shira joining, despite this huge twist with her. If anything, it's more likely that she'll become the new guardian of the island, as some of us predicted a while back. After all, I'd think being a general of an army of sea kings would be enough to make most enemies think twice about invading the underwater paradise......
Normally her power would make shirahoshi mermaid island's defender, but the reveal that her power is so great that she is in fact considered one of the ancient weapons changes things greatly. If the world government ever catch wind of that truth then they WILL seek to to capture/control her, or kill her if that is unfeasible. While fishman island SHOULD be considered the ultimate "high" ground for shirahoshi's power and the fishmen, the world government should not be underestimated in their resourcefulness.

Furthermore we have to take into account fishman island's possession of the world's most powerful weapon and refusal to hand over said weapon to the world government will likely lead to ruining the chances for fishman/human reconciliation. The world government would not want shirahoshi remaining independent and would much rather have her at their beck and call (like using her to crush a certain revolution)... their attempts to bring shirahoshi under their complete influence or eliminate her as a potential threat would create pressure that would ruin human/fishman relations

heh, could be that the best thing for shirahoshi and fishman/human realtions would be for her to "disappear" for the time being

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-12-07 at 19:50.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:40   Link #66
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She will, so we can ship on her

Joking aside, i totally can see her shrink to bite loli size. The strawhat pirates have been lacking this kind of character for the pull. Loli, innocent character who needs protection, but still have extreme power. A less-idotic-gags, more-moe-fan-service of Chopper. Made this guess back in the CP9 arc, hopefully i'm correct

Furthermore, the presence of a junior will make Luffy seems to be more mature, even without drastic change in his character. He can keeps his idiotic mind like Gold D Roger. However he needs to show some mature side as well (outside of the moments before final boss)
Old 2011-12-07, 18:45   Link #67
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yes, not all Sea Kings are the same. The ones that carried away Noah are probably the biggest we have seen as of now. They are pretty much as huge as the ship itself, which in turn is half the size of Fishman Island. Two Sea Kings that equal the size of an island combined could definately wreak some havoc. Even the Kraken is nothing in comparison in terms of size.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:49   Link #68
AdventSleeper

Silly Strawhats, trying to leave before having your grand feast at the end of every arc? :P.

As for Shirahosi, it'd be interesting if she joined, but there would still have to be a solution to her size..
Old 2011-12-07, 18:52   Link #69
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Silly Strawhats, trying to leave before having your grand feast at the end of every arc? :P.

As for Shirahosi, it'd be interesting if she joined, but there would still have to be a solution to her size..
Solution: Make the Thousand Sunny bigger.
Old 2011-12-07, 19:49   Link #70
White Silver King
The Isley

If Shira does join, I'm guessing we'll be getting a visit from Ivankov quite soon. Her size is simply impractical.

Quote:
Even then, what about on land? She'd better hope an arc doesn't take place inside a building (ala CP9) or require her to move freely around the streets of a town. Or what if the Strawhats need to be incognito (ala Impel Down arc)? It's impossible to hide her. Unless they shrink her, all she'll be is an ornament for the now HUMONGOUS Sunny and, IMO, she serves even less of a role for the crew than does Jinbei who's at least a very experienced pirate/sailor. Not only is her size an obstacle but since's she's not 30 she can't even walk on land.
Old 2011-12-07, 20:22   Link #71
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i have feeling Shira will die. consider one piece is now bit gritty

Old 2011-12-07, 20:37   Link #72
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
consider one piece is now bit gritty
........Why?
Old 2011-12-07, 21:05   Link #73
Slayerx

Y'know another thing about shirahoshi joining... it seems even neptune acknowledges that shirahoshi awakening her abilities is NOT a good thing. My guess is that he knows that this power will in turn cause her great hardship; he may even surmise that the world government will do ANYTHING to get their hands on her; or eliminate her so her power can not be used against them... and as i mentioned before, also jeopardizing the renewed hope for human/fishman relations

It all has me thinking that maybe Shirahoshi will be forced "disappear" for a while (and they may have to employ a few shape/size changing tricks to help her travel incognito)... so yes, i'm thinking that possessing this power will in turn possible lead to her traveling with the strawhats as she can not stay on fishman island... She must learn to grow stronger; otihime did say that someone (Luffy perhaps?) would come to guide Shirahoshi on the right path in the use of her powers (and this will lead to a big change in the world).

Granted one problem would be that the strawhats are hunted by the marines already and as such that would place shirahoshi at risk... but then we have to consider the alternative. If she stays on the island the world government learns of her power they will know exactly where to look for her; and though her power is great I would not underestimate the world government's abilities... she could try going into hiding; but considering how the world government's ability to track down Nico robin over and over again it may only be a matter of time before they find her; would her body guards (the princes or jinbei) be able to protect her when they find her? With the strawhats however, though she is more likely to come into contact with the marines, she also has what is probably a stronger line of body guards... if the strawhats can keep Robin safe, they can do the same for shirahoshi

At any rate, we know from this chapter that shirahoshi WILL have a big role to play in the future of one piece, and will not just a one-arc character.
Old 2011-12-07, 21:35   Link #74
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
You can't just make a ship bigger. You have to create an entirely new ship. Consequently, there are only a few options: either Shira simply swims alongside the Thousand Sunny (or uses Sea Kings to transport her), or she grows smaller.

Or, a third option, she doesn't go with the Strawhats, thus relieving us of worrying about her size in comparison to anything. .
Old 2011-12-07, 21:41   Link #75
SMASHERJACKSON

Noah will carry Shirahoshi alongside the Thousand Sunny, though she may fit in the 1ksunny aquarium

Joy Boys promise was to take her with him, which he failed to do so, but luffy is fulfilling that in his place by taking the original mermaid princess's counterpart symbolically.
Old 2011-12-07, 21:59   Link #76
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Blackbeard will not find Pluton, because Pluton is in the mind of Franky.

The only remains of Pluton was the blueprints handed down through Tom's family, Iceberg and finally Franky. Franky then burned it away on the Tower of Justice, making his brain the only information of Pluton's blueprints left in the world.
Actually, all that Franky burnt were the blueprints of Pluton.

That simply means there won't be another one. There is, however, the original that is still lost out there somewhere.
Old 2011-12-07, 22:05   Link #77
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 649
That was a pretty good chapter. I did not think Shirahoshi would have been the Poseidon weapon at all. If this arch is ending on 649 then we should get some updates on other characters and changes in the One Piece Universe. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

10th member
Jinbi pretty much got a spot reserved in the Straw Hat. But if Luffy reaches his quota for the number of crews he needs before Jinbi joins will Oda add Jinbi has extra crew member or kill one of the Straw hats to keep the number? Second the 10 crew members including Luffy or excluding him?
I don't think that just because Luffy said that he needs about 10 crewmembers it sets a direct limitation of how big his crew will be in the end. If you count Vivi in he already has 10 crewmembers.

Also I still have my hopes that Jinbei will join after this arc and not in the new world When FMI is destroyed there is no reason for Jinbei to stay, so I really hope it gets destroyed after this arc
I'm just disappointed that Jinbei didn't immediately say yes, though it was funny how Luffy attacked Jinbei because he said no
Old 2011-12-07, 22:09   Link #78
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's just a hunch, but what if Noah is Pluton in actuality? Pluton was described as a ship so that could be the case. Perhaps Pluton and Poseidon are both just "parts" of an even greater weapon?

And since both of them are named after gods who were brothers, I'm expecting at least one more ancient weapon named after Zeus, so the brother trio is complete.~
Old 2011-12-07, 22:24   Link #79
Slayerx

You know, considering how Wadatsumi was exiled from the island instead of being locked up... how much you want to bet that he might get a role in a cover-ministory-arc?

Also another thing i thought was a nice touch is how when Robin referred to Shirahoshi as Poseidon, shirahoshi was in a fetal position, just like she was when Otihime was talking about her power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's just a hunch, but what if Noah is Pluton in actuality? Pluton was described as a ship so that could be the case. Perhaps Pluton and Poseidon are both just "parts" of an even greater weapon?
Eh, i don't think so... if Pluton was just a part of the weapon, and not he weapon itself then frankie's blue prints would be meaningless. If you do not have posidon then building pluton would not do you any good, and the whole reason the shipwrights held on to the blueprints for so long was so that it could counter any other ancient weapon that might be revived in the wrong hands. also noah seems like nothing more than a very large ship...

but a third weapon going by the name of zeus/saturn... ya I could easily see that
Old 2011-12-07, 22:51   Link #80
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Or, a third option, she doesn't go with the Strawhats, thus relieving us of worrying about her size in comparison to anything. .
Wheres the fun in that?!

Well I for one won't mind one bit if Shira joins, even if she becomes a mini me of her current self(which I think is one of her biggest charms, pun intended)

I think it could happen altho I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up on it, haven't done so for any character(even for Hancock)ever since Brooke joined.

She would fill a role I hoped Vivi could have done, someone of real importance i.e royalty.
Well one way I can reason behind her joining is she wants to explore the world, just as much as the others.
And plus if she wants to follow in her mothers footsteps getting to explore the "human" world is def a requirement(actually hoping on Oda playing on this!)
And effectively she really doesn't have to do anything on Fishman Island, we all know the slate has been wiped clean, altho getting Fishfolk to get on board Otohime's will will still be tough, I think the Princes can handle that.

I can admit it's rather easy getting one's hopes up on Shira joining but at same time, theres always gonna be this ickling feeling it just won't happen.

FYI, I'd also be fine with Madam Shirley joining or anyone of the many beautiful mermaids

As for the chapter, love this "hero" business
A pretty interesting chapter on the whole, the deal with Joyboy has really piqued my interest now.