Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 06:47   Link #621
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But how would you know it had Meo if you didn't watch it first ?
That's because I was about 4-5 episodes behind due to various circumstances so I came to check the thread to see if anything major had happened. While doing so I stumbled upon some posts that mentioned Meo so I just went ahead and downloaded the remaining episodes :3

As for spoilers we pretty much think the same about them. They're also the reason why I don't watch previews.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:17   Link #622
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Fricking spoilers. ;_;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:38   Link #623
EroKing

Episode 10

R.I.P. Ayaka

I got the feeling that her brother was using her to make those drugs by growing those specific plants for her. Ayaka must have realized after overhearing that conversation they were tying to hide and felt somehow guilty for getting him addicted to drugs (which totally couldn't be her fault at all). Poor girl.
Old 2011-09-10, 07:47   Link #624
Algent

When he suddently started to talk about her with past tense I realised it was coming but they didn't make us wait at all. ;_;
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 08:11   Link #625
Chase

WTF.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Please be trolling me.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 09:14   Link #626
ion475
にこにこにー

As expected, they went back to Volume 1. It still feels weird that Narumi hanged around Alice for so long using the anime timeline, but oh well, I guess it's better to end with a bang than start with a bang...

Of course, I already know most of the story, so I won't go further...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 09:29   Link #627
hoarfrost

What? A compelling, interesting, believable episode of KamiMemo? Is it real or was I the one on drugs?

I've heard that this is supposed to be the first arc. In retrospect, it's a good thing that it was saved til the end. If they had opened with this and moved on to other arcs I'd have felt massively disappointed rather than only slightly bemused.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 09:38   Link #628
Wrath88
Kissing...

It's been so long since I was on AS. I came back because I wanted to see people's reactions...

I'm totally shocked.
Old 2011-09-10, 10:03   Link #629
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
I've heard that this is supposed to be the first arc. In retrospect, it's a good thing that it was saved til the end. If they had opened with this and moved on to other arcs I'd have felt massively disappointed rather than only slightly bemused.
I didn't know i about that.
On the other hand I guess in the novel it's the reason why the "hero" suddently start being interesting.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 10:07   Link #630
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
OMFG WTF? Didn't see that coming. RIP Ayaka
Old 2011-09-10, 10:18   Link #631
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Wow. I knew there was a reason I liked this show.

Just the events aside, I want to mention two names: Kayano Ai (Ayaka) and Ayana Yuniko (the episode writer). I was not really that impressed with Kayano-san as Menma in AnoHana, but in this episode she shows me what all the fuss is about. That is real acting, conveying character and emotion in the tone of voice.

Ayana-san, as I mentioned before, is a young writer who did an episode of Aegis of Uruk when she was still in college, and then was picked up by Shinbou to be lead writer on Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. At this point, I think everything she touches turns to gold (she wrote the entire Renji arc).

The episode director was Aoi Sayo. She is a key animator who has directed episodes of So-Ra-No-Wo-To, Umi Monogatari, and Deadman Wonderland.

EDIT: Please get rid of all the spoilers immediately, moderator. Some people may not mind, but spoilers are clearly and definitely against the rules. And I certainly mind. I like to rewatch good shows, but I also like to see them fresh without spoilers the first time. Thank goodness I didn't look at this thread before I watched the episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-09-10 at 15:12.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 10:32   Link #632
ookamigirl

This time they're dealing with "Angel fix", a new drug. The arcade showed up again, guess they like it there, or sth. It's nice how they used that location to make a new story.
Narumi & Ayaka's relationship, as well as her junkie brother Toshi were all mixed into this story. Interesting episode. Looks like a start of a new drug-related chapter.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 10:59   Link #633
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Damnit, I shouldn't have clicked on that one spoiler on RandomC last week... >.> Hence what I've said in the previous page where spoilers wouldn't 'ruin' a show, but it would drastically diminish the impact (in a matter of speaking >.>) of the scene.

What I am really impress about this episode is how the writer(s) manage to seamlessly integrate a story that is suppose to happen at the very beginning of the Novel to fit perfectly into the Anime's timeline. What's more my fears of Narumi requiring to revert back to his original non-developed state had been put to rest as I have no real complaints about him this week I remember during the start of the Anime that a Novel reader was saying how Narumi's development would take four arcs to show itself and how I had hoped that the Anime could some how accelerate that process... Yup, definitely glad they went this route
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 11:58   Link #634
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

EDIT: Please get rid of all the damn spoilers immediately, moderator. Some people may not mind, but spoilers are clearly and definitely against the rules. And I certainly mind. I like to rewatch good shows, but I also like to see them fresh without spoilers the first time. Thank goodness I didn't look at this thread before I watched the episode.
Since there seems to be some confusion about this, I'll try to clear it up.

Openly discussing the content of an already aired and subbed episode does not constitute a spoiler. If you choose to read the thread before watching the newly released episode then that is your own choice, and you should very well know what you are getting yourself in to. This is most certainly not against the rules, and our spoiler policy doesn't in any way, shape or form restrict the discussion of anime content within the thread dedicated to said anime. It is outside sources and information, things not accessible to anime-only watchers, that our spoiler policy targets. In short: As long as you saw it in the anime, feel free to discuss it.
Old 2011-09-10, 11:59   Link #635
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
EDIT: Please get rid of all the damn spoilers immediately, moderator. Some people may not mind, but spoilers are clearly and definitely against the rules. And I certainly mind. I like to rewatch good shows, but I also like to see them fresh without spoilers the first time. Thank goodness I didn't look at this thread before I watched the episode.
By definition, anything that's been shown in a subtitled episode is not a spoiler. So it isn't so "clearly and definitely" against any rule. We do have a note that it is courteous to use spoiler tags if you're watching the raw... I honestly don't know if that should apply to people who are watching fansubs before the licensed stream -- sort of new territory.

It looks like the post above yours was hinting at things that weren't clear in the episode shown, and that's clearly a spoiler. As for the rest... just because it's a major/shocking development doesn't mean it has to be hidden, at least according to the policy we currently have.
Old 2011-09-10, 12:15   Link #636
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 10

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:27   Link #637
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm mixed on learning that this arc was the first novel, but that discussion is reserved for a "starts good but becomes worse" versus "starts bad but becomes better" topic. However, I will ask this: "Did the novels after the first one really degenerate so much that they had to save the first as the finale?"

Also...
Spoiler for Episode 10:

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:33   Link #638
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Also...
Spoiler for Episode 10:
You heartless son of a...

How the fuck does that even happen?!?! I mean she was perfectly fine and then she justs...justs...

..WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?!?!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:43   Link #639
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I'm mixed on learning that this arc was the first novel, but that discussion is reserved for a "starts good but becomes worse" versus "starts bad but becomes better" topic. However, I will ask this: "Did the novels after the first one really degenerate so much that they had to save the first as the finale?"
More like this arc is just a weird way to start an anime series. Not to mention, if they begin with this arc, who's going to watch the rest of the series? (Hey, at least the original Episode 1 isn't half bad...)

At the end, though, the only arc that Ayaka is not suppose to appear is Meo's (Vol. 2) anyway...

Last edited by ion475; 2011-09-10 at 13:03.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:56   Link #640
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Just the events aside, I want to mention two names: Kayano Ai (Ayaka) and Ayana Yuniko (the episode writer). I was not really that impressed with Kayano-san as Menma in AnoHana, but in this episode she shows me what all the fuss is about. That is real acting, conveying character and emotion in the tone of voice.
And this is what I'm looking forward since Index II for her role as Itsuwa on a 3rd season.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life