AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 75 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 23.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 18.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 14.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 5.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 17:55   Link #41
ashlay
the red string of fate

Well, everything is even more horribly off from the novels than the end of season 1, and we're still stuck with a cliffhanger. Unless they finally just decide to change the story entirely, viewers will be stuck with plenty of of stuff like the hecate arc in a season 3.

Yeah, this is the absolute last straw. I just can't forgive them for ruining such a good plot point utterly and completely for what turned out to be absolutely no reason.

J.C. staff, I very much hope you croak. >_>
Old 2008-03-27, 18:04   Link #42
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
@DX HBK.

Despite the fact that you started a pointless rant back in the Episode 15 thread of this series, I suddenly feel like I should lobby your expertise in providing the J.C. Staff some much better combat "choreography" for the third season of Shakugan no Shana.

Don't ask me why.
Thanks, I guess. But I have no wish to tread into their territory just for that.
Old 2008-03-27, 18:44   Link #43
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Second season is now a dream as the dawn approaches.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:04   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep24:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-27, 19:28   Link #45
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep24:
A Kazumi lover? There's another one?

*Me hugs Serenade Beta*
Old 2008-03-27, 20:50   Link #46
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
We need a poll - Shana vs. Kazumi... wait... that's a bad idea.
Old 2008-03-27, 21:00   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-27, 21:15   Link #48
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Ok episode. In terms of action, well previous episodes were alot better. Ending was a disapointment. and We didnt even get to ,

Spoiler for eps 24:

But yeah, Overal an Ok episode.

And about yuji

Spoiler for episode 24:

And Sydony Seemed to be,

Spoiler for 24:

And how did Yuji's
Spoiler for 24:

and the funniest moment of the episode was when Domino
Spoiler for 24:

A question from Novel readers, Was the anime ending an original ending? Or followed the novel ( more or less?) .
Old 2008-03-27, 21:17   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
A question from Novel readers, Was the anime ending an original ending? Or followed the novel ( more or less?) .
It's been anime-original since episode 22, so the ending was also anime-original.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-27, 21:26   Link #50
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

Quote:
Spoiler for ep24:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2008-03-27, 21:58   Link #51
Devard

Quote:
It's been anime-original since episode 22, so the ending was also anime-original.
To be precise, the last bit of the 22nd episode was original material. The two girls really did send out letters to Yuji to end the battle in the novels.
Old 2008-03-27, 22:59   Link #52
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Well, everything is even more horribly off from the novels than the end of season 1, and we're still stuck with a cliffhanger. Unless they finally just decide to change the story entirely, viewers will be stuck with plenty of of stuff like the hecate arc in a season 3.

Yeah, this is the absolute last straw. I just can't forgive them for ruining such a good plot point utterly and completely for what turned out to be absolutely no reason.

J.C. staff, I very much hope you croak. >_>
Hecate's character development has always been one of the things I've enjoyed most about the Shana anime, so personally I'd be very interested to see how they might tie that in with future novel events in a third season...
Old 2008-03-27, 23:23   Link #53
nines
I much prefer the 2d

so their will be no shakugan no shana III?
Old 2008-03-27, 23:32   Link #54
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
so their will be no shakugan no shana III?
There is certainly room for anSnS3 as this story has room to move forward. Bad guys to fight, relationships to advance, characters to develop, questions to be answered and possssssssible book material to be covered; however there has been no official announcement for SnS3 yet.

Last edited by Dragon-Emperor; 2008-03-28 at 00:04.
Old 2008-03-27, 23:42   Link #55
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I got a serious case of deja vu from season one's finale. More ShanaxYuji, more cheesy, ambiguous, and open-ended endings. As usual, everything merely returns to the status quo, ready for JC Staff to take a third season, I guess we'll see if they actually do.

I liked the fact that they used "sense" for ending credits though, probably the best new song from Kawada on her album.
Old 2008-03-28, 00:46   Link #56
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I haven't watched the episode yet, but judging from the screenshots, I'd say it's probably a very good action episode, but might fare poorly as an ending to everything.

It does look obvious that J.C's leaving it open for a possible third season and being as much of an optimist as I possibly can, I hope they can learn from the mistakes they committed in Season 2 if they are planning a continuation. Omni from Random Curiosity summed it up pretty well; That there was pretty interesting stuff, but wasn't made full use of and had poor pacing.
Old 2008-03-28, 00:56   Link #57
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
I got a serious case of deja vu from season one's finale. More ShanaxYuji, more cheesy, ambiguous, and open-ended endings. As usual, everything merely returns to the status quo, ready for JC Staff to take a third season, I guess we'll see if they actually do.

I liked the fact that they used "sense" for ending credits though, probably the best new song from Kawada on her album.
Yuji didn't have the ability to fight in Season 1. As far as I remember:
Spoiler for For Season 1, just in case:
This time we get to see some significant teamwork between the two.

Spoiler for Yuji x Shana:

Last edited by teelotes; 2008-03-28 at 01:14. Reason: Added Season 1 spoiler
Old 2008-03-28, 08:41   Link #58
Deathscyther

Great episode, but a decent ending to a decent season.

I liked the battles. They were animated well and they seemed intense. The music played throughout the episode was good as well, especially the ending song.

I'm happy with the Yuji x Shana moments in the giant tomogara. They worked together and showed trust in each other. This is how I want them to be.

Konoe is still alive in Hecate and she spared Yuji several times throughout the last 2 episodes. I'm a bit upset how they used the Silver, but I guess that there was no avoiding it anymore.

The ending felt rushed though. Some things aren't cleared up at all. How did Wilhelmina fare after Shana went inside the giant? Is the silver still alive? Margery's reaction to yuji x shana fighting/defeating the silver? This episode should have had two episodes to make it so much better.

It is hinted that he chooses Shana in the end, but I have my doubts. The final scene where you see Yuji's footprints ending in the snow where it gets very dark seems foreboding and combine that with what he's saying...

Cliffhanger ending. I smell a third season coming.
Old 2008-03-28, 10:37   Link #59
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Naw! That's TRILL! lol j/k I can see why they used it. It's like JOINT, but injected with the feeling of hope.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:23   Link #60
FiREwing

Why are almost all Mami Kawada's songs all named with english words that seem cool?._.

I don't think you should hate on JCSTAFF and place it in the same league as some other bad studio with even worse reps such as GONZO or DEEN...They made the safe choice by avoiding using novel material. I would have cried if it ended cliffhanger than the open ending we got.
Closed Thread