AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-24, 03:04   Link #61
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Time to think about the Stakes....How about Mizuhara Kaoru (with her Yomi voice) as Lucifer!
For some reason I think the Stakes will all have the same VA.
Old 2008-12-28, 05:52   Link #62
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
:O WHOA. Kugimiya for Shannon. Wow. I'm having trouble hearing her as Shannon, though yeah voices do surprise me...xD
Yeah.

If Kugimiya is doing Shannon than I don't think it's unreasonable that my beloved Kanai-sama gets a returning roll from Higu. She would make a great Siesta or Beelzebub.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2009-01-04, 20:29   Link #63
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I also bet on the October release. With regards to violence, I'm expecting minor censorship.

Spoiler for EP1 and EP2 spoilers:
Old 2009-01-04, 20:42   Link #64
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I also bet on the October release. With regards to violence, I'm expecting minor censorship.

Spoiler for EP1 and EP2 spoilers:
I also expect minor censorship...especially in

Spoiler for ep1 and ep3:

Although I don't know how much they'll be able to censor since the deaths are important because of the stakes...but who knows. =/ I don't know how Deen can and will do it...

And I'll say that they'll cut out many scenes to shorten up the number of episodes Let's hope not xDD

Also...do you guys think that they'll use one seiyuu for all the Stakes or that they'll use 7 different ones?
Old 2009-01-04, 20:51   Link #65
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
I also expect minor censorship...especially in

Spoiler for ep1 and ep3:

Although I don't know how much they'll be able to censor since the deaths are important because of the stakes...but who knows. =/ I don't know how Deen can and will do it...

And I'll say that they'll cut out many scenes to shorten up the number of episodes Let's hope not xDD

Also...do you guys think that they'll use one seiyuu for all the Stakes or that they'll use 7 different ones?
Is there really anyone that has a wide voice range? (Houko Kuwashima maybe?)

Oh gosh, does Maria really go "nano-desu", from the nicovideo, I am picturing Maria with Hanyuu horns. (Yui is using her Minorin voice from TOradora)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-01-04, 20:58   Link #66
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I really think all the things you mentioned as likely to be censored pale in comparison with...

Spoiler for Episode 2 of the Umineko sound novel:

Of course, unlike Higurashi where media could play the "how dare you show murderous teens!" card, this time around producers will have the convenient excuse that it's unknown who is doing all these terrible things and whether the culprit is human at all. Not that logic matters when media watchdogs are on the loose...

So 2009 it is. When is the novel scheduled to finish, btw?

Old 2009-01-04, 21:13   Link #67
BakaOnna

Y'know, I'm more worried about how DEEN will present the "Phoenix Wright" scenes than the violence, though that would be second on my list of worries in this adaptation.

For safely, slightly for episode 2.
Spoiler:

And not to forget the Tea Parties. How likely is it that they'll keep those in... especially the 2nd one.
Old 2009-01-04, 21:15   Link #68
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I really think all the things you mentioned as likely to be censored pale in comparison with...

Spoiler for Episode 2 of the Umineko sound novel:

Of course, unlike Higurashi where media could play the "how dare you show murderous teens!" card, this time around producers will have the convenient excuse that it's unknown who is doing all these terrible things and whether the culprit is human at all. Not that logic matters when media watchdogs are on the loose...

So 2009 it is. When is the novel scheduled to finish, btw?
If Ryukishi continues at the pace he's going (1 ep per Comiket) the last Episode would be released 2010
Old 2009-01-04, 21:41   Link #69
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Y'know, I'm more worried about how DEEN will present the "Phoenix Wright" scenes than the violence, though that would be second on my list of worries in this adaptation.

For safely, slightly for episode 2.
Spoiler:

And not to forget the Tea Parties. How likely is it that they'll keep those in... especially the 2nd one.
Wow! You're right =O How will they do the "Phoenix Wright" scenes...they better not screw them...

I think that the Tea Parties are very important...and should be shown...at least one of them (but it'd be better if they kept both)...
But...they might not...I have the feeling they won't keep them in. (At least they should keep the Hidden Tea Parties...)
Old 2009-01-04, 23:12   Link #70
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

As I said in one of the other threads, I imagine red text will be shown onscreen, either scrolling in the background as the character speaks, or the screen turns blank temporarily with only the red text on it.

Probably when the scene cuts to Meta-Battler/Beato whatever's going on will freeze and maybe turn monochrome, and the meta-characters appear and start arguing.
Old 2009-01-05, 16:53   Link #71
maximilianjenus
[E]

Even if they completely cut the meta world the anime will still be pretty good... andI get the feeling they will cut it off.
Old 2009-01-05, 17:01   Link #72
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Even if they completely cut the meta world the anime will still be pretty good... andI get the feeling they will cut it off.
They can't cut out the meta-world, it's a significant part of the story.

Old 2009-01-05, 17:08   Link #73
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

If they cut the meta world the anime will be terrible and the mystery will be unsolvable.
Old 2009-01-05, 17:47   Link #74
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
There pretty much IS no anime if they remove the Meta World after episode 1.
Old 2009-01-05, 19:13   Link #75
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
There pretty much IS no anime if they remove the Meta World after episode 1.
Yeah xD You pretty much cut out...about half of the arc? I don't know...to me half of the story took place in the Meta World after episode 1.

Wow...October seems so far away...
Old 2009-01-05, 19:25   Link #76
Rias

It all depends on the number of episodes they will give per game episode...if they pull one of those 4 epsiode for 1 arc thing again like in Higurashi, who knows what scenes would get deleted...
Old 2009-01-05, 20:42   Link #77
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Ideally, they'll make this anime a lot longer total. Isn't the manga longer than Higurashi's, too?
Old 2009-01-05, 20:55   Link #78
Avisch
Reality Blender

I would hope they would animate only episodes 1-3 for now that way we would get eight episodes for each arc (24 episodes total). Maybe eight might be too long for episode 1 but it would be almost right for episode 2 and very good for episode 3 (considering how much content is shown in episode 3).

But now that episode 4 has been released. They may have difficulty with a plan like that, if they want to include it.

Also meta-world is incredibly important to the story. If they removed that would be the equivalent of removing Battler's actual fight with the witch.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-01-05, 21:22   Link #79
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With all the Meta material, and only four episodes to use for the question arcs, a 24-26 episode season should be able to fill out all those pieces that would be...difficult to get in in they went the Higurashi 4 episodes an arc method. But of course they had to run six arcs in 26 episodes and then three in 24. With a 24-26 episode season they can get at least six episodes per arc and padding for when things get more and more complex in the third and fourth arcs.

Also by the time they finish the season (assuming October start time) two more arcs will be released, so they can hint at the start of the answer arcs for a final episode while they get ready for another year to pass and the (supposedly) four answer arcs to be completed.
Old 2009-01-05, 21:22   Link #80
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I was hoping they'd do something like animating the first two arcs, giving it the right amount of time they need.
(It's impossible to do any arcs, even the first one, in four episodes. I mean, really impossible)

Then we'd have a break. And then another season or what ever, which has 3 and 4. Though the second one will most definately need to be even longer.
Closed Thread