AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 21:36   Link #541
Ash Falls Town

Eh the shows still far too exposition heavy. I didn't mind the train scene but did they really need to explain the light pen? If she had just written the words straight into the air it would have been obvious what it was supposed to do.

Well it seems that the Can-Can and Tango(?) might be regular background music. It still fits so though I think. I wonder if there going to use that tango music whenever something guildish happens.

Anyway Erza seems to fit nicely into the missing niche of comedy archetypes being a character who does funny things with a straight face as opposed to Lucy who acts as a straight man too straight for this world, Natsu and Happy who just do funny things and Grey who'd be normal if he wasn't always half naked.

Also the OP and ED have pretty good lyrics I think. Good job on finally getting rights and stuff.
Old 2009-11-09, 21:38   Link #542
Clarste
Human

The narrator does annoy me a bit. Especially annoying when he announced the name of some random train station even though it was clearly labeled on the screen.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:28   Link #543
blewin

Ezra's appearance doesn't really fit the shocking reaction of everyone else in the guild. I was expecting something really really shocking, but turns out to be just a person who likes to nag and use "violence" to get her own way.

I suppsoe my impression of her will get better when we get to see her fight (don't read the manga here, so she better be impressive!)

Love the Natsu jumping out of train and hit Grey on the head moment! Absolutely hilarious... lol. I like how the two of them are like school boys when in front of Ezra.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 23:04   Link #544
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Eh the shows still far too exposition heavy. I didn't mind the train scene but did they really need to explain the light pen? If she had just written the words straight into the air it would have been obvious what it was supposed to do.
Yes I thought why the hell are they wasting air time explaining how the pen works?1

Besides that still great stuff, Erza-swan is <3 and Natsu and Gray's little dancing is lol

Like with most series they miss out on the little stuff that really makes some scenes but thats something I've learnt to accept.
Old 2009-11-09, 23:20   Link #545
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ezra's effect on FT reminds of the flame haze from Shana whenever Khamsin's name was mentioned. The minute they heard he was going into action, they got the *F* out of Dodge...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 01:12   Link #546
n1ck2z
anime series collector

Hello can i ask what fan-sub has the highest HD quality I'm currently using ryugan sub but i what to know if there better higher quality in .mkv format out there sorry for asking thanks
n1ck2z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 01:42   Link #547
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Ezra's appearance doesn't really fit the shocking reaction of everyone else in the guild. I was expecting something really really shocking, but turns out to be just a person who likes to nag and use "violence" to get her own way.
Well imagine that Fairy Tail was an unruly class and Erza was the class president.. who's way stronger than everyone else, beats people up when needed and has no tolerance for idiots. That's why Erza is so scary to them lol, someone like Lucy who's relatively normal has nothing to worry about from Erza.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 03:02   Link #548
Kafriel
Senior Guest

For all the people complaining about the narrator...remember that he's human too, he's gotta work for his bread! Poor guy couldn't get anywhere else, so he ended up in FT
Am I the only one who thinks that Kageyama is like Shikamaru from Naruto (ability and art-wise)?
The episode was good, this time they didn't skip Erza's rant as they had with Makarov's in ep2, and we got a good chunk of story to build on...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 04:01   Link #549
MechR

Yeah, I've hated that narrator's voice since his first lines in ep 1. It got really bad in ep 2 when he kept butting in to introduce Elfman et al. instead of letting their actions speak for themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I suppsoe my impression of her will get better when we get to see her fight (don't read the manga here, so she better be impressive!)
Not so much this arc or the next, but she's bloody awesome during Phantom Lord. Probably her finest hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel
Am I the only one who thinks that Kageyama is like Shikamaru from Naruto (ability and art-wise)?
I presume Mashima did it as a joke.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 04:42   Link #550
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
I didn't mind the train scene but did they really need to explain the light pen? If she had just written the words straight into the air it would have been obvious what it was supposed to do.
All the little magic items like the pen, and Lucy's fast reading glasses from a few episodes back where explained in the manga, though with a little dialogue box. I guess the adaptation just wants to stick with that, though use a narrator.
Old 2009-11-10, 07:26   Link #551
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I like to think of the narrator as being used the same way the narrator was in the movie "the Princess Bride"... Except not as skillfully.

It's designed to make the whole thing sound, a bit, like a "fairy tale"... duh
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 14:17   Link #552
Ravelt

Do you notice the opening has change.

Natsu looks cooler and smarter.
Happy eyes look rounder, cuter and smarter.
Gerard look better and more original.
On the the right hand Lucy miss her Fairy Tail tattoo and wristband, the new opening she got back. Lol.
etc.

Last edited by Ravelt; 2009-11-10 at 14:39.
Ravelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 14:19   Link #553
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That's a sign of good things to come if you ask me. It means that the serious facial expressions from the manga have a stronger chance of taking over once the more serious arcs start to appear.
Old 2009-11-10, 14:22   Link #554
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
First time I ever saw an opening remake in just 5 episodes. Will they replace it even in the first episodes? Does that prove how sloppy they began making this series?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 16:44   Link #555
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd say it's just messing around with the art because of the various complaints about it, which is a good thing, if you ask me. Then again, I totally skipped the OP so I missed all that, gonna notice it next week.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 16:55   Link #556
SagaraSouske

Gotta say, I am continuing to watch this show mainly because of Happy's voice. That "Aye" just hooked me some how.
Old 2009-11-10, 19:11   Link #557
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Erza is lol. The train scene was amusing.. she was like crushing Natsu's head into her lap.

Happy cracks me up,

"Lucy's juicy."

"It's sweat!"
Old 2009-11-10, 20:05   Link #558
MechR

Wow, the OP tweaks were more extensive than I realized. Maybe because the cheap looping parts are still cheap looping parts after touchups :\ Ah well, it is an improvement.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 20:28   Link #559
blewin

lol, remaking an opening.......
well, I'm just glad that Fairy Tail's got enough fan attention to make the studio make better art. The animation surely does look heaps better.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 23:45   Link #560
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Yay Erza has a VA that suits her. Her antics get better and better, she is a serious person without patience and no common sense.

And she is really strong.

And she is <3

Well, I have this feeling that whole prep scene for the monotonous attack scenes are going to continue for awhile until producers realize it is cooler when they use their powers more naturally like in the manga. But oh well, Ill get used to it for now.

Erza is like a big sister to Natsu and Grey. Especially towards Natsu, as this episode showed.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen