AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 09:49   Link #81
Kakkou
Tch.

What's with the production in this show anyway? It's taken such a nosedive since the promising trailer. Character designs not only look downgraded, but the actual art & consistency in the show is horrid. Let's not even talk about the animation itself. Kau also reminded me of one of the things that served to drive me away from the series. At this rate I'd be tempted to say CHAOS;HEAD anime has better production that this and that one was not exactly pleasing either. Let's see how long Rin and the Nitro+ label could keep me following this.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 16:17   Link #82
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I just watched the two eps and yeah, I echo the sentiments about the poor animation. The game had this glossy sheen to it, the art was amazing and this just doesn't do it justice. It's really flat and dull, and the production quality is just not there. But heck, I guess I'm just glad this got greenlit at all.

Even though I played the game, the little boy/dog still makes me uncomfortable when I saw him move like that. It just looks SO wrong.

The soundtrack is still amazing, though, as is Akira's voice.

And why is there always this, "but you're a boy" nonsense from characters when another character says something completely homolicious? Dude, you live in a dystopian society where the population is 99.8% guys, why are you surprised or act as if this isn't normal? Even with these yaoi titles, the characters themselves are always espousing about the lack of "normality" and that it is somehow so wrong. But Keiskue is a really innocent guy, I guess he's still in denial.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 17:23   Link #83
Forsaken_Infinity

Dropped.

Boring shit.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 18:01   Link #84
Azara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
And why is there always this, "but you're a boy" nonsense from characters when another character says something completely homolicious? Dude, you live in a dystopian society where the population is 99.8% guys, why are you surprised or act as if this isn't normal?
I've not played the games or read the manga (which exists if ive gathered things right..) so heres a question.

-99.8% guys
is this more or less actual fact or are you exaggerating? is it like this because of some sort of reason given in the game or is it just because it was a yaoi game?
Azara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 20:35   Link #85
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azara View Post
I've not played the games or read the manga (which exists if ive gathered things right..) so heres a question.

-99.8% guys
is this more or less actual fact or are you exaggerating? is it like this because of some sort of reason given in the game or is it just because it was a yaoi game?
From what I remember, there was a line in the game saying that very few women existed after Japan was torn apart. The percentage is pulled completely out of thin air. But, I played the game using Atlas, a translation tool, so someone who is maybe more fluent may have better information.
Old 2010-10-18, 07:21   Link #86
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so i'm not really buying into keisuke, rin was interesting, don't know his true motives though
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 00:22   Link #87
Lacrimosa

Buu, I was really hoping this would have better animation.. and is it just me or is the blood like.. strangely bright?
I'm liking the music, though. I'll keep watching since I'm not able to play the game. ^^;
Lacrimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:17   Link #88
Katapan
俺様祭り

After episode 3, I have to say I'm less and less bothered by the awkward animation. The art at least seems to remain fairly consistent (I haven't had to cringe at terrible Keisuke faces these past two weeks), the OST's still shining, and the animation team's making interesting choices in the way they're presenting the story. The slight disappointment from the first episode is gone.

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2010-10-22, 12:19   Link #89
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
so i'm not really buying into keisuke, rin was interesting, don't know his true motives though
I'm not into Keisuke either. He needs an early death.

Now the guy with the sword from ep. 1 (Shiki) ....

Last edited by orion; 2010-10-22 at 12:31.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 19:04   Link #90
pookystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm not into Keisuke either. He needs an early death.
There is more to this guy than what it seems.

It's like a dam waiting to burst. Heh.
pookystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:19   Link #91
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
not sure if i read this right but people said the game or the manga has amazing graphics.... i just read the manga it's kinda ugly o_o did i read the wrong manga version??
Old 2010-10-23, 05:17   Link #92
KaedeF
Moeshit hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for Ep3:

Jun Fukuyama really did a good job voicing Rin. How he changed his tone in Ep3 is the only thing that impressed me.
Old 2010-10-24, 21:50   Link #93
Kakkou
Tch.

Arbitro and Kau continues to creep me out. I was just about to praise A1 for a slightly better job than the last episode... and then I saw that horribly animated running scene of Takeru and Akira. So now Akira joins Rin as characters with the ability to vanish off screen before completing their movement. Nice going A1 -_-, but at least character models were more consistent.

Next week, Shiki molests Akira, Rin follows up? lol...
Old 2010-10-25, 18:50   Link #94
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
is the animation that bad??? i thought it's decent but i haven't played the game so can't really compare it. The animation quality is how most anime quality is o_o... lets not discourage others from watching it. I really enjoyed the series so far and is dying to know more of this series and really want to see this game released in english too.
Old 2010-10-25, 18:52   Link #95
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 3:
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 19:20   Link #96
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai View Post
is the animation that bad??? i thought it's decent but i haven't played the game so can't really compare it. The animation quality is how most anime quality is o_o... lets not discourage others from watching it. I really enjoyed the series so far and is dying to know more of this series and really want to see this game released in english too.
I'm just saying it as it is. This has nothing to do with the game since I myself do not play it. I've never seen anything this bad in a while since Minami-ke Okaeri. Umineko comes close but it isn't that bad when compared to the shoddy work being put into Togainu. I'm not even one who complains about production values all the time. I guess I may just stop doing it altogether in an episode or two since I really am being a broken record.
Old 2010-10-25, 20:46   Link #97
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Wow, Kau is really messed up. All those piercings and that chest wound...

Arbito is really sick...

And Keisuke's still alive with that death flag proudly waving. That guy is truly an idiot.

Yippee!! Shiki is back next ep. With Rin's response, makes you wonder if he has a thing for Shiki. I smell a complicated love triangle in the making.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:41   Link #98
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Yeah, there's really just something so unsettling about their relationship. But its wrongness makes it kinda awesome. hahahahha. In the game,
Spoiler for scar:
Arbito is a childish pampered psychotic princess. I wonder how a man with such a pussified temperament maintains power over an entire coalition of violent, demented men.

I too have gotten used to the animation and quality and don't really notice it anymore. But, just for comparison, here's a pic from the game:

So, yeah, there's a certain quality that is missing. The shading, the glossy sheen, the texture, all of this is not in the show, but it would be hard to expect the same quality from one still frame as opposed to thousands upon thousands.

The desolate atmosphere is right, and all of Akira's unaffecting "uh" is about right, lol.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:08   Link #99
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I too have gotten used to the animation and quality and don't really notice it anymore. But, just for comparison, here's a pic from the game:

-snip-

So, yeah, there's a certain quality that is missing. The shading, the glossy sheen, the texture, all of this is not in the show, but it would be hard to expect the same quality from one still frame as opposed to thousands upon thousands.
Just a note here, it's just impossible to replicate that same colouring quality in an anime Especially if we are talking about Nitro+'s ones ho ho... (I'm including Demon... sth in this case, but that's subjective opinion)

Honestly I can't imagine how much tears of blood will be spilled by the animators if they have to make 60 frames of that every second, as much as I still think the animation here is still flakey of sorts. It's just giving such great details (gradient control, shadowing, lighting angle plus anything that makes the CG in the game incredible) requires extra hard work every week. And then there is more reasons.

In fact, I would even say that unless there is wholeshite of budget and incredibly talented colourists in the animation studio, the quality we get in the anime is right enough for the origin's type of colouring.

(Although to be fair, Uirou Yamada's colouring style somehow is fitting for animating the characters )

Also, personally I don't think game spoiler is allowed here, as much as I can't for the heck of my life remember anything about that spoiler :x I-I only remembered Shiki route, Keisuke and Rin for some funny reasons Aaaaanyway, would be better for that spoiler to be deleted.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 02:19   Link #100
Kakkou
Tch.

Art quality is one thing really, but imo the main gripe with this series is that it has some of if not, the worst animation I have ever seen come from A1 Pictures, especially in an Aniplex funded show. Personally I think the anime designs are fine but just what happened to that wonderful trailer? Everything changed and instead we've been getting such horrible lack of frames for the movements and abysmal consistency in the art each scene. If they could at least improve on the jerky movement, people vanishing off screen too early and make the character models consistent, there should be no real gripe with this show technically speaking. Character likeability is a whole different matter, of course. I'm looking at you Arbitro, Kau and Shiki

Tags
action, boys love, josei, violence