AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 11 17.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-11, 11:44   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to utilize the info on the TIPS section as a complement to this series.
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.
Old 2006-07-11, 17:23   Link #2
Freakman

Very good episode in my opinion. It detailed the DaiSaigai a bit more, and gave some more hints. It should please all those dissatisfied with the Tatarigorosi ending.
2 eps were more than enough indeed. Nothing necessary was left out (that I can remember)
Old 2006-07-11, 21:49   Link #3
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Very good episode in my opinion. It detailed the DaiSaigai a bit more, and gave some more hints. It should please all those dissatisfied with the Tatarigorosi ending.
2 eps were more than enough indeed. Nothing necessary was left out (that I can remember)
It'll take a lot more than this to fix my disssatisfaction with their handling of Tatarigoroshi-hen.

Spoiler:

Overall, the episode was "good". It's nothing great, but still a lot more composed compared to the other episodes. Luckily, the sakuga quality didn't waver much this time around, so the atmosphere was preserved nicely. Rika's confession was the highlight of this episode.

Next week is finally the beginning of the answer arc. For some people (Mion/Shion fans, especially), Meakashi-hen was probably the most impressionable chapter of the game. Many famous lines and scenes came from Meakashi-hen as well.

The answer chapters, in general, are much longer than the question chapters, with a lot more contents and developments... In other words, it's much harder for the anime to cover them properly.

The game's contents (musics, menu design, etc.) were completely "renewed" when we entered the "Kai" (answer) chapters, let's hope the anime can do the same too.
Old 2006-07-12, 01:13   Link #4
Freakman

Quote:
The game's contents (musics, menu design, etc.) were completely "renewed" when we entered the "Kai" (answer) chapters, let's hope the anime can do the same too.
Yeah sure in one week
Old 2006-07-12, 02:04   Link #5
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Yeah sure in one week
Hence the ← my sarcasm icon

I'm not asking much, only a relatively coherent storyline without those stupid attempts to make every little thing scary (I hated it when they had to distort the characters' faces in a freaky way every time they have an "emotional" moment, be it anger or sadness or fear). I don't mind them skipping things either, but at least make sure that what is portrayed remains faithful to the game. All of these can be easily done if they had a competent director and script writer.

A new OP and ED would be cool.
Old 2006-07-12, 10:41   Link #6
MarmoO

My Japanese is poor, so I might have missed something, but I have a question – almost whole last part of this episode was coherent with Tatarigoroshi, except the fact that Oishi is there. May it be that those events in last part of Himatsuboshi happens in different timeline, where Oishi didn’t investigated Hinamizawa/didn’t find anything suspicious enough to erase him at that time? Or him being on “missing list” was just a misunderstanding?

About episode, it’s a shame Oishii wasn’t given a chance to show how cool he is also it’s sad they cut off scene with Akasaka and Mion :/. All I can say is manga version is tenfold better, but I still liked this episode. 8.
Old 2006-07-12, 13:03   Link #7
LostBlue
祭囃子

in short all the chapters are "different" from each other but all the "constants" are the same

For no paticular reason I like Himatsubushi Hen. Rika is just awesome on many different levels, and I like Akasaka (although he still needs a kick in the shins ). I liked how Studio Deen did "Rika." At first it took me by surprise but later on I realized something I never noticed in the 次回. Good job there!

anywho, Meakashi Hen きゅんきゅん☆
Old 2006-07-12, 18:50   Link #8
USCPharmacist

I just wonder what if the reason Rika knew the future was because, she actually had seen them before...A.K.A Ground Hog day....
Old 2006-07-13, 02:00   Link #9
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I was actually really disappointed with this episode. For several reasons:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-13, 11:08   Link #10
LostBlue
祭囃子

Spoiler for Re: Blue_Mercy:
[/QUOTE]
Old 2006-07-14, 04:30   Link #11
Alpha123

I….I just don’t know what to believe anymore. *sigh*

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-14, 08:44   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I was actually really disappointed with this episode. For several reasons:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

very confusing ep...hmm was Rika posessed when she freaked out on Akasaka?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-14, 14:03   Link #13
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-14, 14:09   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ yh but that wasnt shown in the anime yet or did i miss it being sed?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-14, 14:35   Link #15
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Yeah it happened at 15:00 during the Raw version.
Old 2006-07-18, 14:06   Link #16
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Nice episode and I so can't wait for the answer arcs.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-07-18, 14:27   Link #17
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Nice episode and I so can't wait for the answer arcs.

Spoiler:
Under Japanese law, policemen can't shoot at criminals running away unless they have a "clear and consise" intent in harming another person. Just the same with SDF forces who cannot fire unless fired upon, UN peacekeepers who can't fire their weapon unless the hostiles fire first, etc. etc. Basically, it's just B.S. codes of conduct.
Old 2006-07-18, 14:39   Link #18
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-18, 14:52   Link #19
LostBlue
祭囃子

Spoiler for re: Matrim:

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-07-18 at 15:15.
Old 2006-07-18, 16:48   Link #20
BakaOnna

Wow, what an episode. This series makes you believe one thing, then completely turns it around. I have no idea what to think anymore.

Spoiler:

I feel really bad for Rika. She can see all this happening but can't do anything about it. Poor Rika.
Closed Thread