AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-05, 22:01   Link #801
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... You wouldn't even consider changing mains? Wow, talk about overzealous.
I won't, though I'll try to learn a new sub.
I play the characters for who they are, not for which tier they are in .

From what I heard, she's weaker by a huge amount, but nowhere near unplayable, though.
Old 2009-12-06, 00:52   Link #802
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i heard it was an improvement over the old system too, but i still don't think its that much better because some characters have almost no ability to guard break. the two bar system of GGx2 is the way to go.

but my main thing is i still think lower damage + new guard system = games that last too long. like i actually had an discussion with a guy from DL saying that playing defensively is the proper way to play the game. my beef with that was the whole freaking point of fighting games is to beat the other guy. no one wants to watch 99 seconds of blocking to victory.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 00:55   Link #803
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
She's also my favorite BB character by far so I'm really pissed at ARC. Seriously this is their biggest fail I can think of, ever.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm worried about how Rachel is going to turn out because she is my favorite character and the one I main. While I can't make an actual judgment until I play for myself I'm getting a little put off by this game, not just for what they did to Rachel, but also what they've done to some of the gameplay mechanics as well. However I'm still leaning towards buying it for the new characters and such, I just will have to deal with being upset about Rachel and just play her on the first one more often than the second, that should keep me satisfied.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 01:50   Link #804
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sounds like she's not someone you'd want to bring into the match that winning is your goal.
Suck, I know.
Old 2009-12-06, 03:17   Link #805
Westlo
Lets be reality

2 weeks is seriously too quick to place any judgment on tier placings atm. Rachael could easily climb back into mid tier once she gets figured out. Akuma in SF4 for example was considered mid tier a long time and is now considered to be top tier just below Sagat due to his mixup options on wakeup which are so good it's coined the name "Vortex". C Viper is another character who went from mid to top tier once she got figured out.. and Bison/Dictator was considered top tier at first is now mid.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 03:31   Link #806
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'd be good if thing will turn out as what we're hoping. Of course I also take into the account that previous great Rachel player still haven't adjust their playstyle with the change, and still haven't figured out what's good, but day after day I keep hearing negative news that saddens me.

Still, it will be a long time until I can get to play BB:CS, so it's no use to get discouraged by those news yet.
Old 2009-12-06, 04:07   Link #807
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
but my main thing is i still think lower damage + new guard system = games that last too long.
Same here. GG and BB were my favorite fighting games because their playstyle was increadibly fast and action packed compared to other fighting games. Now it seems more like a mainstream fighting games, and I don't like that at all. Street Fighter or Tekken fans may like that, but I doubt old GG fans do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
2 weeks is seriously too quick to place any judgment on tier placings atm. Rachael could easily climb back into mid tier once she gets figured out. Akuma in SF4 for example was considered mid tier a long time and is now considered to be top tier just below Sagat due to his mixup options on wakeup which are so good it's coined the name "Vortex". C Viper is another character who went from mid to top tier once she got figured out.. and Bison/Dictator was considered top tier at first is now mid.
I'm hoping for that, I really do. But all of the best Rachel players I respected say she's been nerfed to the ground, with no hopes of improvement. And looking at the changes myself it seems like she's been turned into a zoning character that can't zone at all...
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 04:53   Link #808
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Same here. GG and BB were my favorite fighting games because their playstyle was increadibly fast and action packed compared to other fighting games. Now it seems more like a mainstream fighting games, and I don't like that at all. Street Fighter or Tekken fans may like that, but I doubt old GG fans do.
GG and BB aren't that similar in the beginning anyway, and as far as I know, not many GG fans like BB.
Old 2009-12-06, 07:54   Link #809
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
GG and BB aren't that similar in the beginning anyway, and as far as I know, not many GG fans like BB.
Well all I know do, including myself.
Old 2009-12-06, 10:06   Link #810
Westlo
Lets be reality

Actually played Blazblu on PSN for the first time in ages going from level 23 to 26, might put some work into my scrubby Nu and Noel. Anyway what's the rough tier lists for CS atm?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:24   Link #811
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

All I know is Rachel in the bottom right now. There aren't that large gap between everyone, though. Hakumen and Tager just rise on the list tier.

Quote:
Well all I know do, including myself.
If you see the hate for BB on the GG board....
Old 2009-12-06, 11:55   Link #812
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
If you see the hate for BB on the GG board....
I wonder if it has anything to do with BlazBlue halting any future Guilty Gear games coming out sooner. Honestly I'd take Guilty Gear over BlazBlue anyday, but there are plenty of Guilty Gear games I can enjoy so no worries about a new one at the moment.
Old 2009-12-06, 12:15   Link #813
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I wonder if it has anything to do with BlazBlue halting any future Guilty Gear games coming out sooner. Honestly I'd take Guilty Gear over BlazBlue anyday, but there are plenty of Guilty Gear games I can enjoy so no worries about a new one at the moment.
Didn't they say they won't make any GG game, and let different team worry about that? I don't think that's the reason, though.

And to be honest, the reason I didn't enjoy GG is because there are no character that interests me.
Old 2009-12-06, 12:39   Link #814
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Didn't they say they won't make any GG game, and let different team worry about that? I don't think that's the reason, though.

And to be honest, the reason I didn't enjoy GG is because there are no character that interests me.
No character that interests you, how can this be possible. Just kidding. As for me I love just about all the characters in Guilty Gear, (it is my favorite game series) the best being May. She is no dought my favorite videogame character of all time.

About them not making any new Guilty Gear games I don't remember reading anything about that. Here is a recent interview...

"With all this talk of BlazBlue and its future we wonder what fate lies in store for Guilty Gear, especially in light of reports that complications with the licence have ensured that ARC won't be able to work on any future games on the series. "We don't have any issue with [licence holder] SEGA." Kidooka assures us, "This year and next year we want to focus on BlazBlue – this is our mission, and we'll maintain Guilty Gear while we're doing that, so we're not abandoning it. Being a small company – less than 100 – and with the arcade market being quite small, it's not feasible to do two games at once."
Old 2009-12-06, 15:14   Link #815
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i hear on DL that a lot of GG players don't like BB because it did delay a future GG game, but when its essentially another team that's making it with another team leader, they could very well be making another GG game we don't know about yet.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-12-06, 15:20   Link #816
Kuroshinobu

Is Continuum supposed to be disc based or DLC when it comes out?
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 15:37   Link #817
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ people are assuming its a full disk release.

Old 2009-12-06, 16:00   Link #818
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Anyway what's the rough tier lists for CS atm?
Dustloop forum always have the most recent tier list along with a big thread about it, it's the best place to check that. The general consensus right now is that Litchi, Ragna, Bang and maybe Tao are top tier while Rachel, Noel and Tsubaki are the bottom. Rest seems to be balanced pretty well. What worries me is the fact that top tier characters seems to have almost as big of an advantage over the rest as in CT, while bottom characters (especially Rachel) seems to be just as bad Tager was, if not more.

The game is out just for around two weeks so hopefully this will change, but right now it seems SC balance in just a little (if any) better than CT. Just than now my favorite characters are bottom tier...

I really hope for some changes in console version, or balance patch. But it's very unlikely.
Old 2009-12-06, 18:35   Link #819
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Is Continuum supposed to be disc based or DLC when it comes out?
There's no word to support either. Nothing more than assumptions and idle speculation at this point, we'll just have to see. Personally I'm expecting a lower priced retail release, ala the new version of SF4, but no one knows.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 19:17   Link #820
Echoes

Quote:
Honestly I'd take Guilty Gear over BlazBlue anyday, but there are plenty of Guilty Gear games I can enjoy so no worries about a new one at the moment.
I agree completely. Though an AC release with netplay would be just amazing...

Quote:
No character that interests you, how can this be possible. Just kidding. As for me I love just about all the characters in Guilty Gear, (it is my favorite game series)"
Word. It has the best lineup of any fighter I've any seen, hands down, and ranks as one of the best games in terms of characters I've ever played. I love Millia personally, but May is certainly not without her charm, (I don't think any of the characters are). She's hilarious in the Drama CD. Interesting interview excerpt. For some reason I was also under the impression that they were done with the series.

I've never met anyone who was a fan of Guilty Gear who thought Blazblue was better or a replacement, but my circle of friends is pretty split about whether it's a good game in its own right. I think it is, but some of them won't even play it with me because they got bored with the game in mere weeks.

I'm looking forward to CS, can't wait to dig into the revamped Nu!

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360