AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 19:07   Link #1941
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, the ranking is something that really annoyed me... Gray, Natsu, Elfman, Freed, Evergreen, and Bixlow are each considered A-class wizards and yet every single member of the elemental 4 and Gajeel are considered S-class... and yet when it comes down to it, the power level difference between them all was incredibly small. Ezra, Luxus on the other hand atleast give off the vide that they are a step above the A-class... by all means, except for MAYBE Aria, the elemental 4 should have been considered A-class. Really calling them S-class was really just a poor attempt to build up tension where none would really exist
I figured PL just had lower standards for S-class As long as you don't die on an S-class mission after getting promoted, congratulations, you're S-class.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 19:14   Link #1942
Clarste
Human

True, S-class is just something the guild decides you're ready for. PL probably doesn't care as much if their promising young members accidentally die on a mission above their level. It's not like the whole thing is standardized or anything, and using them as "power levels" like calling Natsu "usually A+" seems very silly to me.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 02:24   Link #1943
blewin

Highlight of episode 43 has to be Natsu and Gajeel trying to fix up Erza together! and the second best moment is when Gajeel tries to walk confidently out the door and realises he can't. lol.

I'm gonna so miss FT when it finishes.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 03:31   Link #1944
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
The Phantom Lord Arc wasn't a joke, it was just Phantom Lord themselves that were the jokes...

I mean really, their strongest mage was the Iron Dragon Slayer, who got beat by Fairy Tail's Fire Dragon Slayer, who still isn't allowed to go on S-Class missions by himself yet... And only one out of Fairy Tail's Top F...Three rather, were present at the actual battle and she was the least experienced of them. Not to mention that MystGun was wiping the rest of the Phantom sub-divisions out by himself...yeah, Fairy Tail has the firepower to take over small nations.
Kind of lines up with Erza insulting Jose's information gathering abilities. I mean the guy had no idea that Fairy Tail had long surpassed Phantom in power. It was only that close because 2 of the top 3 weren't there (well Mystogan was crushing sub-divisions, but he did take a break for the final battle) and Erza had to play it defensive against Jupiter. Picking a fight was a pretty stupid move by Phantom that's for sure.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:01   Link #1945
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I'm gonna so miss FT when it finishes.
What is that confirmed?! I hope not dude, this show is just awesomeness all the time.

btw Evergreen doesn't look as hot as she was in the manga.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:00   Link #1946
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
What is that confirmed?! I hope not dude, this show is just awesomeness all the time.
No it has not been confirmed. It's a possibility that this is the last arc they're adapting, but it has not been confirmed.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 20:15   Link #1947
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post

btw Evergreen doesn't look as hot as she was in the manga.
I hope so too but everything seems to point to an end. I hope they'd at least adapt all the finished arcs. If that's the case, we can still watch 2 more arcs before FT ends.

BTW, it's funny how Laxus didn't count Happy in as a fighting member of Fairy Tail. I just love these small moments of fun that the author is so good at inserting without ruining the serious mood.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 08:01   Link #1948
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Facepalm some more because it is clearly you, the manga reader, who doesn't understand what spoiler is.

I had NEVER read the manga and didn't find myself to be spoiled THAT much from this OP.

The only ones who are always complaining about spoilers are manga readers, I know that from my own experience since I had watched/read Naruto, Bleach and FMA.

Each series OP foreshadows something, only a manga reader will know how exact those foreshadowings are.

The Naruto OP showed Hinata, Ino and Sakura fighting Konan. Someone would say "What a spoiler!" when in reality none of that happened while some other fights from OP did happen.

You manga readers view it differently, so stop arguing with someone who DID NOT READ IT and knows exactly the feeling reaceived from the OP, stop being a smartass.
Nice try but I'm haven't read the manga either. And yet even as a non-manga reader I can tell that the OP is full of spoilers.

If the OP is showing events that will happen in the future in a way that it takes away the suspense/surprise/tension then it's clearly a spoiler. It happened with the previous OP too when it spoiled Juvia and it happened again when it spoiled Gajeel as an ally. It spoiled Mirajane getting her powers back and it spoiled some of the upcoming fights (with non-petrified girls). Just because you were expecting it doesn't make it less of a spoiler.

Not sure why you're trying to argue since as a matter of fact you're wrong.

Also Laki <3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 08:30   Link #1949
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Alright, after watching all those episodes I'm finally able to join in conversation with you guys. My impressions are as following.

Fairy Tails is one more entertaining animes I've seen of late and I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own sub forum.

I started watching Fairy Tail because someone told me it's a good fighting anime. I had mixed feelings when I watched first episode. It had nice music, lot's of funny moments with deformed character portraits and stiff animation. As I watched 2-3 more I feel in love. One of rare animes where not once was I irritated or I slapped my face because of some stupid plot twist or unexplained power up for main character. But even if it had those clichéd things I never really cared that I would get mad. I enjoyed every episode so far and I could watch it from beginning again to tell you the truth.

Soon after I started liking it because of it's plot, the characters and good music. The anime is just plain enjoyable.

None of the characters gets on my nerves which is really rare to see, and I usually hate main lead character in shonen anime. I'm really glad that girls are finally presented in good light, they really kick ass here.

So far my three favorites are Gray (I thought he would be a Sasuke rip-off but fortunately he has only his nice looks) Erza (she is gorgeous in every way, plus her music theme rocks) and Mirajane (don't know what her powers were but she looked like beast in flashbacks).

The only real downside of this anime are short fights and almost non-existent fluid animation.
Old 2010-08-28, 14:17   Link #1950
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Welcome to Fairy Tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
So far my three favorites are Gray (I thought he would be a Sasuke rip-off but fortunately he has only his nice looks)
I could say over 9000 things to this but I better don't. Let's just say that Gray is nothing like Sauceke.
Old 2010-08-28, 16:01   Link #1951
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ And yet I got the exact same comment by a random dude who happened to be glancing at my screen when Gray was shown...but yeah I don't see the resemblance in looks, although I can relate as to why CC thought he was a rival candidate, his first appearance was pretty much the same
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 16:45   Link #1952
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
The only real downside of this anime are short fights and almost non-existent fluid animation.
Sounds like you'd love the manga.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:43   Link #1953
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Nice try but I'm haven't read the manga either. And yet even as a non-manga reader I can tell that the OP is full of spoilers.

If the OP is showing events that will happen in the future in a way that it takes away the suspense/surprise/tension then it's clearly a spoiler. It happened with the previous OP too when it spoiled Juvia and it happened again when it spoiled Gajeel as an ally. It spoiled Mirajane getting her powers back and it spoiled some of the upcoming fights (with non-petrified girls). Just because you were expecting it doesn't make it less of a spoiler.

Not sure why you're trying to argue since as a matter of fact you're wrong.

Also Laki <3
How exactly can you get a WTF or OMG moment when you are expecting it to happen?

If you know that it will happen and then you get a confirmation to your theory, it is not a spoiler.

Now Bleach OP was a spoiler, it showed each detail of the fights, especially Ulquiorra's. And it showed the biggest part of shikais and bankais along with their powers. Now that's a spoiler, because I would never guess that Soi Fon would have a rocket launcher or Barragan would look the way he did.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:45   Link #1954
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

'Expecting' and 'knowing' are two completely different things.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:46   Link #1955
kitten320

Oh come on, you have to be an idiot not to know that Mirjana would get her powers back or that Laxus would do something nasty.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:50   Link #1956
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh come on, you have to be an idiot not to know that Mirjana would get her powers back or that Laxus would do something nasty.
Just because you expect it to happen, doesn't mean finding out it will do because of an OP isn't a spoiler. That's the point Eisdrache is making.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:58   Link #1957
kitten320

Ah geez whatever, I'm tired arguing with you people. If you are so freaked out by some minor comfitmations like Mirjana getting powers back, then simply stop watching OPs and then complaining later.

I never understood the whole spoiler problem, it's not the end of the world if you just got minor confirmation to your suspicion.

And out of curiousity I took a look at the two pages from manga to see Mirjana's powers and here is what I have to say... OP IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SPOILING A THING THERE!
Old 2010-08-28, 18:32   Link #1958
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Welcome to Fairy Tail!
Thanks =)

Quote:
I could say over 9000 things to this but I better don't. Let's just say that Gray is nothing like Sauceke.
I probably didn't express myself well enough but I was trying to say that he isn't like him, not by personality nor by appearance. I compared the two characters cuz' I thought he will be like Sasuke's character you know. Good looking but I'll hate his personality to the core. And I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ And yet I got the exact same comment by a random dude who happened to be glancing at my screen when Gray was shown...but yeah I don't see the resemblance in looks, although I can relate as to why CC thought he was a rival candidate, his first appearance was pretty much the same
Thats right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sounds like you'd love the manga.
Should I say touché?

I won't be able to stop myself from reading manga when I'm in need of a ''fairy fix'' thats for sure.
Old 2010-08-28, 21:25   Link #1959
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've not read the manga, but it's certainly seemed to me that the Laxus vs. Mystogan battle was what the entire series has been building up to. Makes 43 a very exciting episode, but sort of lends credence to the idea that things may be wrapping up.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 06:38   Link #1960
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
How exactly can you get a WTF or OMG moment when you are expecting it to happen?

If you know that it will happen and then you get a confirmation to your theory, it is not a spoiler.

[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
'Expecting' and 'knowing' are two completely different things.
Quote:
Nice shift from expecting to knowing after Shiroth pointed out that they are in fact not the same thing. ( ゚Д゚)

Quote:
Ah geez whatever, I'm tired arguing with you people. If you are so freaked out by some minor comfitmations like Mirjana getting powers back, then simply stop watching OPs and then complaining later.

I never understood the whole spoiler problem, it's not the end of the world if you just got minor confirmation to your suspicion.

And out of curiousity I took a look at the two pages from manga to see Mirjana's powers and here is what I have to say... OP IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SPOILING A THING THERE!
You are still confusing expecting with knowing. Of course all of us expected Mirajane to get her powers back sooner or later. The main gripe is rather that we didn't know when it would happen and the OP basically jumps at us yelling that it will happen in this arc. Yes that's infact a spoiler no matter how hard you try to argue that and no, it's not minor. Newsflash for you: We aren't only complaining about Mirajane, there are several other spoilers in the OP.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen