AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 7 58.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-04-10, 03:21   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 15:38   Link #2
ImperialFlameGod8190

Finally we get to the good part of the season. Misaki and Toma had their moment and it's clear that there's something between the two.

Gunha is freaking hilarious and him and Toma teaming up was beautiful.

Because of the way she acts it's easy to forget that Kuroko is actually pretty damn talented but oh well that's part of the great flaws.

Onto the next episode and this should be fun

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 22:36   Link #3
Side-streetdog

Finally, 2 scene I wish they made into anime has became true
Spoiler for In episode spoilers:

This episode surprisingly got some good fight scenes
I don't think much about Kuroko battle in manga
But with animation quality they show, now I'm waiting for next episode
Old 2020-04-10, 22:51   Link #4
Frontier

So Kozaku challenging Mikoto with the seedy corruption in Academy City was all to build her up into being vulnerable enough to attack the central government as an electric monster. Although even though she can fire light beams now she can't do any serious damage to it .

Misaki is nothing if not thorough, making sure she has the head of Anti-Skill under her control to limit what they can do and get them out of the way .

So Imagine Breaker doesn't completely negate Misaki's ability? It would only be if he touched his head with it? So she could theoretically control him if she wanted to ?

I wasn't expecting Touma to play such a pivotal role in this arc (I mean, besides the fact that he's prominent in the Opening). I guess when a Level 5 goes berserk, there's no better solution then Imagine Breaker .

So there's something going on with Misaki and Touma. She knows about Imagine Breaker, and she seemed really happy he showed up...like happier beyond the idea of someone who might be able to stop Mikoto and just happy to generally see him, going by that blush. Really curious what's going on there .

I can't help but think that a part of Mikoto would enjoy the fact that she's finally a real threat to Touma .

Is "Guts" Gunha's answer to everything? Why am I even asking this about the guy who has "hyper" in the name of his attack twice for no reason ?

Touma and Gunha! What a rocking team-up! A perfect and hilarious tag-team for an epic confrontation with Mikoto .

So Imagine Breaker can temporarily undo the transformation, but not permanently. Will Touma need to hold her down, maybe ?

I guess it figures that Misaki's natural weakness would be having to deal with someone who can fight her indirectly, so since she can't control them her power is basically useless. Luckily Kuroko doesn't have that problem .

So we've got Touma and Gunha vs Mikoto, Kuroko vs Kozaku, and Misaki vs Gensei. A lot of fights to be hyped about .
Old 2020-04-10, 23:11   Link #5
Tenzen12

There isn't really any "central government" in AC. There are 12 board directors that actually run city with each of them holed in their own super secured hideout (mainly protect themselves against other directors) who practically runs everything in AC. The Windowless building is residence of board chairman who is even above them.

Also I would love see see Misaki vs Gensei get into actual fistfight. Really wonder who would won lol.
Old 2020-04-10, 23:24   Link #6
kagato3

And not even Accelerator could damage the building and he hit it with the force of the rotation of the planet to the point he slowed it down by around a second. It would take real end of the world stuff to do massive damage to it. Cats and dogs living together type stuff.

Gunha's power literally runs off awesome, as a gemstone he is a naturally occurring esper no one understands how he does what he does including himself but he can do it because he has guts.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 23:51   Link #7
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Most LIT episode of any Index adaptation yet.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 01:39   Link #8
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Imagine Breaker doesn't completely negate Misaki's ability? It would only be if he touched his head with it? So she could theoretically control him if she wanted to ?

I wasn't expecting Touma to play such a pivotal role in this arc (I mean, besides the fact that he's prominent in the Opening). I guess when a Level 5 goes berserk, there's no better solution then Imagine Breaker .

So there's something going on with Misaki and Touma. She knows about Imagine Breaker, and she seemed really happy he showed up...like happier beyond the idea of someone who might be able to stop Mikoto and just happy to generally see him, going by that blush. Really curious what's going on there .

I can't help but think that a part of Mikoto would enjoy the fact that she's finally a real threat to Touma .

So Imagine Breaker can temporarily undo the transformation, but not permanently. Will Touma need to hold her down, maybe ?
Misaki still can't do a continuous link to Touma. It's more of a recorded message sent to Touma's brain. If Touma touches his head with IB. The record is erase.

Touma is just there being a bystander but then again, if something important happens in academy city, its surely involve touma.

I hope they would show a bit of flashback for Touma and Misaki but they probably won't do it. Just waiting for NT to be animated.

Mikoto a threat to touma, lol

Mikoto is connected to the network. its continuously powering her up. Touma can sever it temporarily by IB. But after removing it, the network would be back online. unless its severed permanently, by one of the two sender and receiver being offline/dead/unconscious or in state of can't received/sent data, the process would continue.
Old 2020-04-11, 02:34   Link #9
itine
No Book No Live

10/10 Episode, CGI surprisingly was better than Index III
can't say much about the story since they toe to toe with the original manga.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 03:24   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Gunha was given justice with his appearances, but here's another thing I loved about this episode: Touma's expressiveness. You can see a spectrum of emotions, from determination to stop Mikoto to moments of "Oh shit, think I bit off more than I can chew", to his feelings of ????? when he was in Gunha's arms.

Surprisingly, I'm still a bit calm at this point. But then again, the party's just getting started.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 03:41   Link #11
Tenzen12

One have to wonder why index adaptation is so terrible, when Railgun is consistently great?
Old 2020-04-11, 04:00   Link #12
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Most people agree that parallel productions hurt Index more than Railgun, and Railgun, being a manga series, has a more manageable pacing than Index.

Railgun started airing alongside two OVAs (Danmachi and Okaa-san Online). Meanwhile, Index III began airing alongside Hangyaku-sei Million Arthur, Angel Slaughter, a Psi-nan special and a Milky Holmes special during Autumn 2018, and alongside Date A Live III, a High Score Girl OVA and the Danmachi Movie during Winter 2019. Kenichirou Aoki also had to work with OPM S2 instead of Index III.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 08:17   Link #13
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
One have to wonder why index adaptation is so terrible, when Railgun is consistently great?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Most people agree that parallel productions hurt Index more than Railgun, and Railgun, being a manga series, has a more manageable pacing than Index.
Marcus the issue isn't pacing it's more the fact that Index's characters outside of Kamijo and Misaka in her cameos are all very bland and simple. Combine that with the massive amount of world building needed and the story drags far more then necessary for a show that has such an entertaining premise.

Railgun meanwhile has far more action far less buildup and it provides you with a better watch along with a much more dynamic character base. I wouldn't call it consistently great but i would admit that you'll get more bang for your buck with railgun.

Another amusing thing i remember seeing a while ago (which is very true) Index is at it's best when Mikoto is involved while Railgun is at it's best when Kamijou is involved.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 10:32   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And you would be wrong, I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Touma is just there being a bystander but then again, if something important happens in academy city, its surely involve touma.
What are you talking about? He actively of his own accord got involved the moment he heard that Misaka was being targeted, Misaki just thought that he just happened to he there at random.

----------------

I feel like not a lot of people appreciate the fact that Touma can just casually hang with level 5s in these kinds of moments (whether they are against each other or otherwise) and they just end up accepting him and even help him.

The best is yet to come and I am excited to finally see it.
Old 2020-04-11, 10:48   Link #15
Frontier

Quote:
It's probably a result of different production teams. I mean I enjoyed the Index anime's (even with how inconsistent III was) but from what I can gather Hiroshi Nishikori just isn't as good a director as Tatsuyuki Nagai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
And you would be wrong, I'll just leave it at that.
Kind of curious what I'm wrong about now .
Old 2020-04-11, 11:17   Link #16
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
What are you talking about? He actively of his own accord got involved the moment he heard that Misaka was being targeted, Misaki just thought that he just happened to he there at random.
I'm talking about the target of the plot itself. Touma is not supposedly involved in it. Though I'm not sure if its true or not because this was allowed to happen and we know everything that happened inside the city is being monitored by him.

I'm fine with Touma being involved because he is the one I'm waiting to show up. My point is if its been planned for him to show up.
Old 2020-04-11, 11:37   Link #17
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Marcus the issue isn't pacing it's more the fact that Index's characters outside of Kamijo and Misaka in her cameos are all very bland and simple. Combine that with the massive amount of world building needed and the story drags far more then necessary for a show that has such an entertaining premise.

Railgun meanwhile has far more action far less buildup and it provides you with a better watch along with a much more dynamic character base. I wouldn't call it consistently great but i would admit that you'll get more bang for your buck with railgun.

Another amusing thing i remember seeing a while ago (which is very true) Index is at it's best when Mikoto is involved while Railgun is at it's best when Kamijou is involved.
That's plainly false though. Railgun has small core members which include such "complex" characters like Uiharu or Saten, one shot filler characters or basically just index cameos. Only character that got significantly better in Railgun compared to index is Frenda... for obvious reason.

It's true Index is more about world building, which might be more difficult to adapt.
Old 2020-04-11, 12:27   Link #18
Wandering Soul

For a level 0 Touma is really getting acquainted with the cities levels 5.
Old 2020-04-11, 12:31   Link #19
Tenzen12

And now imagine that it there is possibility he hang out with one on daily basis and is his bf. There is pretty popular theory that level 5 Aihana Etsu and Aogami Pierce are same person...
Old 2020-04-11, 19:10   Link #20
alex_drian

Poor Touma, to think this is happening after Oriana and Lidvia shit.

Quote:
lso I would love see see Misaki vs Gensei get into actual fistfight. Really wonder who would won lol.
I'm pretty sure that if push come to shove Gensei can kick ass himself without nothing aside his fist. Probably.

Quote:
A series of factors? the timing of the anime, the staff involved, the fact that they actually didn't want to animate that part of the story and skip to the next part and the fact that while Railgun only need to work with 30 or so manga chapters with their own set of self-contained characters Index III had to work with 9 LN volumes worth of content + a shitton of characters to balance and world-building outside of the usual setting.

Last edited by alex_drian; 2020-04-11 at 19:29.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote