AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2017-01-03, 23:25   Link #1
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2016 (Spoilers)

http://theanimeawards.com

Just a heads up, but Crunchyroll is also having an awards for anime. Interesting because IIRC this is probably the first time a western commercial body has an awards for anime for open voting. Voting is today (the 3rd) till the 10th.

Only thing is I don't know if they only consider anime that ended in 2016, or if it merely just started in that year. Or even if movies are included. Just weird they didn't indicate their nomination criteria, but whatever.

Anime of the Year
Man, if this awards included stuff that started this year, March Comes in Like a Lion would have my vote in multiple categories, including this one. Or if it doesn't count, my real choice for the year would be Gundam:IBO, since I'm an Okadafag after all. XD

But of the choices given? I'm of the opinion that Mob Psycho 100 should win, especially in terms of technical mastery, though I'd imagine this forum would be all over the Rakugo one. I'm half tempted to vote for Erased though, since it's the only one where childhood friends win from the list (though to be fair, none of the other has them lose XD).

If it's a popularity vote, then pretty sure Re:Zero would beat all the others, though Yuri on Ice would give it a run for the money. Though WTF, why is Joker Game here?

Hero of the Year
I think Mob being a deconstruction of your typical shounen hero is by far the most interesting of the lot. No, him being interested in his childhood friend isn't what swayed me.

Villain of the Year
Not gonna lie, Kyouko of Sangatsu no Lion is by far the 'villain' I love the most, and the reason why I love the show over all else. But sadly, the choices here are not fond off, though the Erased villain is by far the most interesting with his single minded dedication just to fuck over the MC's life lol.

Best Boy
I'm personally fond of Reigen, because despite him being a fake exorcist, he actually is the voice of reason in the whole show.

Best Girl
Rem would take the popularity vote here.... ahh fuck it, I'm voting for her if only because Minase Inori uses the same voice as she did for Tsubasa of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Rest of the girls are eh to be honest, so I don't feel bad.

Best Fight
Half tempted for Gundam, but I'd say Mob has THREE fights that I consider above all the rest of the choices.

Best Animation
Sangatsu no Lion... seriously though, Shinbou's style works so well with that story. But sadly, even if it was eligible, it wouldn't make it, so I'm casting my vote for Mob.

Most Heartwarming
Oh, I just want Orange to NOT win. Half-tempted to vote for Yuri on Ice (most popular show) even though I really don't find it heartwarming, just to make sure Orange doesn't get it. But to be truthful, I like Kayo out of the choices, so Erased it is.

Drama of the Year
Rakugo is gonna win this for sure, but me being an Okadafag, I can not NOT vote for Kiznaiver.

Couple of the Year
Kayo and Satoru? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Try the other childhood friend, maybe...

...ahem, I frigging loved Katsuhira and Sonozaki to bits, though I'm of the minority here. Honorable mention goes to Saiki/Teruhashi, who even though isn't in the list, deserves a mention here since I ship them so hard despite not being childhood friends.

Comedy of the Year
No Saiki, or even www,Working? BLASPHEMY! I'll go with Konosuba, just to make sure Keijo doesn't win it. Keijo is a lot of things, but I find it more 'shounen' than comedy to be honest.

Best Action
See, the reason why I love Mob isn't really because of it's action, which don't get me wrong, is really great. Kanaberi on the other hand, I ONLY like it because of its action scenes, so it gets my vote.

Best Opening
Mob Psycho 100, BY FAR AND AWAY. Like, I was BLOWN away by OP animation.

Best Ending
Luluco ED? Holy shit that was bad, why is it here? On the other hand, Mob ED animation I found to be pretty much ripping off GTO, so I'mma go with Kabaneri for this one.

Best Insert
Ikenai Borderline... Just kidding, the category doesn't exist, but Junna was REAL impressive. I want to hear more from her.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 08:30   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My pick for best ED is "I and I" by Leola, the closer for Fune wo Amu. But then I'm a sucker for romantic ballads by female singers with mezzo/alto voices.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 09:40   Link #3
bastek66

Result are joke, Yashiro over Kira, bunch of fujoshi forced their Yaoi on ice in every category even when it was clearly inferior.
Old 2017-01-11, 13:28   Link #4
Dextro
He Without a Title

My facebook feed is salty like hell because of the results, I'm loving it

This was a simple popular vote with people having to do no effort whatsoever other than pick one of the pre-selected options. Sure you could pick the "other" option but how many people would take the time to do so? It was doomed from the start.
Old 2017-01-11, 13:36   Link #5
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This whole thing was a shitty joke to begin with. The nominations themselves were shit. Koutetsujou no Kabaneri in best anime? Biba of all people in best villains?

This is a contest made by idiots, targeted to idiots, voted on by idiots. I'm not one to think highly of the AnimeSuki Choice Awards but this contest makes our awards look actually legitimate in comparison.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 16:16   Link #6
CptChaos

Am I the only one who thinks the shows that recently finished are too much at an advantage when awards are held directly after a year ended?
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 16:21   Link #7
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptChaos View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the shows that recently finished are too much at an advantage when awards are held directly after a year ended?
No, I've thought of it as well and is something that can be easily noticed in our very own Choice Awards as well.

Not sure what the solution would be. Maybe wait a season and vote later? But that would probably dull interest I would think.
Old 2017-01-12, 09:52   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This whole thing was a shitty joke to begin with. The nominations themselves were shit. Koutetsujou no Kabaneri in best anime?
That was especially surprising considering that Kabaneri was streamed by Amazon and never appeared on CR.

When I saw the nominee lists, I didn't pay any further attention.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 13:39   Link #9
IceHism

i knew the awards were gonna be terrible once i saw the nomination list
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 18:35   Link #10
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Best Girl