AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-10-28, 16:30   Link #121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Also does anyone think that Kraft was perhaps also a Hero comrade but like several thousand years in the past?
Basically everyone.

Though I do have to wonder... what has he been doing since then?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 17:17   Link #122
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Traveled the world perhaps? Maybe he wasn't always a monk and become one just recently, recently for an Elf that is, like a couple thousand years ago. Another idea is that he was trying to find remains of his past, his glorious deeds and just adventures done for others, but anywhere he went so much changed in millennia that nobody remembered him until he gave up.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-28, 17:27   Link #123
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm just saying. If he wants people to remember him, maybe he should think about killing a Demon Lord once every few centuries...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 02:05   Link #124
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
Frieren's mentor also mention her that Frieren should leave her mark on the history when subjugating Demon King.

Though her party now consist of two mages and one warrior, they just need someone that can fill Himmel's role.

So far, we already got replacement for the Dwarf and the Priest, so it takes 1 more to take Himmel's role.
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 02:46   Link #125
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Though her party now consist of two mages and one warrior, they just need someone that can fill Himmel's role.
Himmel was the hero, and being the hero is more about personality and way of thinking than combat style or strength. So, in a way the one who replaces Himmel is Frieren as some of his way of thinking rubbed off on her. She's also the leader of the party which is generally a position reserved for the hero.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 05:06   Link #126
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
So which means they need 1 more, but considering the previous composition (2 melee and 2 ranged), they need 1 more melee. We already got Heiter and Eisen's replacement, just need Himmel's replacement for the same composition. Considering Himmel was a swordsman, probably they need another swordsman as well.
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 08:07   Link #127
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
The Holy Sword tho
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 20:10   Link #128
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: rich mansion with maids
Ouch that was cruel remark from Kraft.
He basically said he will expect will meet Frieren again in another time but he will expect Stark and Fern are dead that time.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 20:56   Link #129
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
He was being honest. Elves live so long that the fact that they didn't meet any before around 100 years means that while he expects to meet her again, he fully expects nature to take its course. Like, they spent half-a-year together, which is a long time for a human but for them it was maybe like a weekend.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-29, 21:11   Link #130
mickbis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ARKS Ship
Reading this for a while, one of the best manga out there
deserve very high rating it get currently
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 04:05   Link #131
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
In the past there were more epic manga like this

Eden: It's an Endless World!
Eat-Man
Monster etc

Now only this and Fumetsu no Anata e

How have we fallen
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 19:03   Link #132
zeando
maybenotimome
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm just saying. If he wants people to remember him, maybe he should think about killing a Demon Lord once every few centuries...
Since why it's probably something different than that.

Even if he does something new, no one will still remember what he did before, which is what he supposedly cares about. Or which is important for him.

Probably it's about being known, not just by fame, nor to receive respect, but about being known personally, which includes sharing experiences, and when no one is left of those who shared an event with him, that part of him is no longer shared with anyone.

He could sure talk about his past, to share his experience of it, but that's not the same as sharing an event with someone, an event lived by both.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 19:11   Link #133
zeando
maybenotimome
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
So which means they need 1 more, but considering the previous composition (2 melee and 2 ranged), they need 1 more melee. We already got Heiter and Eisen's replacement, just need Himmel's replacement for the same composition. Considering Himmel was a swordsman, probably they need another swordsman as well.
It's not necessary to replicate the previous hero party.

They could get 1, 2 or 3 more people along the way. Or get no one else.
The roles also don't need to reflect anything specific.

They aren't even traveling with the mission to kill any demon lord, they are just going to see some spirits of dead people.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 19:32   Link #134
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
It's not necessary to replicate the previous hero party.

They could get 1, 2 or 3 more people along the way. Or get no one else.
The roles also don't need to reflect anything specific.

They aren't even traveling with the mission to kill any demon lord, they are just going to see some spirits of dead people.
It was already mentioned that there have been reports of unrest in the region, so they will almost certainly encounter more demons along the way.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 16:24   Link #135
zeando
maybenotimome
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter 25:

@Shadow5YA there you go.
At least we didn't get a full arc this time about demon extermination. I got worried for a bit when they mentioned demons again.


The story of the hero sword can be looked at different angles.
I like the angle of the hero sword being not a tool for actual demon extermination, but an object driving out the heroic spirit from people.
The demons fearing the hero sword, not because it could be used to directly destroy them, but because that hero sword keeps attracting people with the desire to become heroes, and it's those people with heroic expectations, who are the actual threat to the demons.

Himmel said it wasn't the fake hero sword he got as a kid to drive him to become an hero, and on one point of view he became an hero out of expectations to get the real hero sword.
But it's curious, it all started with the fake hero sword. Had he not received the fake hero sword, he would maybe not have known about the real one existing elsewhere, so not starting his journey to become an hero.
But again, seeing as Himmel destroyed a demon with just a knife when he was just a kid, probably he would have become an hero anyway.

It was also curious the red herring about Heiter. At first it looked like Heiter didn't tell Fern about Himmel getting the hero sword out of spite. But it turned out there was no reason to tell that, because it didn't happen. When what looks like a lie or omission is more real than the common knowledge.
Heiter also played a role in pushing, willingly or not, Himmel to become an hero.


Oh, i forgot to mention how that kid from the village was relaying messages from 2 generations ago to Frieren, and talking as if it was still the same person from the past.
That was an interesting way to have a mortal human speak eye to eye with a nearly immortal elf, across age limit barriers.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 17:33   Link #136
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If need be, they could have altered the story. "Himmel the Hero pulled out the sword, defeated the Demon King, and put the sword back for the next Hero who would need it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
Chapter 25:

The story of the hero sword can be looked at different angles.
I like the angle of the hero sword being not a tool for actual demon extermination, but an object driving out the heroic spirit from people.
The demons fearing the hero sword, not because it could be used to directly destroy them, but because that hero sword keeps attracting people with the desire to become heroes, and it's those people with heroic expectations, who are the actual threat to the demons.
It makes me wonder if there's an actual sword...

Quote:
It was also curious the red herring about Heiter. At first it looked like Heiter didn't tell Fern about Himmel getting the hero sword out of spite. But it turned out there was no reason to tell that, because it didn't happen. When what looks like a lie or omission is more real than the common knowledge.
It never occurred to me it could be spite. I thought it was pretty obvious it was because the story wasn't true. The question is why Stark knows it, but maybe he didn't live in isolation like Fern and heard it from someone other than his master.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 18:00   Link #137
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Honestly incredible that Himmel still made the deed of defeating the Demon King come true without the real Hero Blade which I assume is totally OP when used. Lol about that Grandma last will who basically had a conversation written down with Frieren being late. XD
A bit of a shame we won't see the 49th Generation all old and wrinkly when Frieren returns there once more this time hopefully in time to deal with the demons around the sword.^^
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 22:03   Link #138
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis



The fact that he couldn't pull out the sword is a good twist, and make him feel more like a true hero instead
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 22:12   Link #139
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It never occurred to me it could be spite. I thought it was pretty obvious it was because the story wasn't true. The question is why Stark knows it, but maybe he didn't live in isolation like Fern and heard it from someone other than his master.
There isn't any indication that Stark was picked up as early by Eisen as Fern was by Heiter. Even if he was, Stark spent three years protecting that village from the dragon, so he could have heard it from them as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-04, 00:29   Link #140
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: rich mansion with maids
Sousou no Frieren has making fun of demons so far, i doubt the final enemy (assume it exist) will be demon or the demon king.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.