AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-16, 17:23   Link #421
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
i'm pretty damn sure the producers have their reasons for cutting parts (e.g. BUYING THE NOVELS, MARKETING, etc).
Its more a case of "you have 24 episodes and this many $$, do your best." But one of the goals of anime is to encourage the buying of merchandise.

Quote:
what you think is "interesting" to see might not appeal to everyone else.
Yes and cutting too much might not appeal to everyone else either. Compromise is a fuzzy art.

Quote:
"end it while it's still good", znt sucked because they didn't know how to do that
ZnT had problems with its adaptation outside of simply the length... as other posters have related, the anime adaptation left the characters with very little evolution even though sufficient time budget was available. This series has done a much better job in that regard.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:38   Link #422
typhonsentra

They also changed it around to be considerably less action focused too. Every book ended with a big confrontation.

Toradora's adaptation changes things around and even alters character motives here and there but the general feel is the same as the books. The same can't be said for ZnT, at least from the second season on.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:57   Link #423
Fishman

Good episode, but why didn't taiga chase down Ryuuji and confess? the school isn't that far away and she just stopped, ruined the moment for me.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:01   Link #424
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
Good episode, but why didn't taiga chase down Ryuuji and confess? the school isn't that far away and she just stopped, ruined the moment for me.
Emotional collapse. And in the book, she does chase after him, but he's long gone.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:02   Link #425
typhonsentra

Plus she isn't exactly dressed to run that far. She even hurt herself a little running throught he lobby.

By the way, 24 episodes? I thought it was gonna be 25.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:09   Link #426
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
By the way, 24 episodes? I thought it was gonna be 25.
It is going to be 25.
Old 2009-02-16, 22:32   Link #427
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Emotional collapse. And in the book, she does chase after him, but he's long gone.
The anime seems to portray it as he's out of sight and she collapses assuming its too late to try.
Old 2009-02-16, 22:43   Link #428
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The anime seems to portray it as he's out of sight and she collapses assuming its too late to try.
It's more that Minorin needed to reject Ryuuji, eliminating her from the competition. If Ryuuji is in love with Taiga than it really hasn't come to the surface yet. He is still in the mindset of an extremely caring friend. Now that Minorin has rejected him maybe it will allow his true feelings for Taiga to surface.

Or, he could fall into a deep depression and the series could come to a soul crushing end. ^^;;
Old 2009-02-17, 02:14   Link #429
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No matter how long the series is, it'll never fully satisfy the novel readers.
Look at Tweleve Kingdoms... 45 episodes to cover approximately 9 novel volumes or so, and they STILL left out a lot, angering some "novel purists".
(Not a fair comparison, I know, since the density of stories in 12 Kingdoms was immensely high per volume)

I think Toradora staff has done amazingly good job at keeping the atmosphere and the feel intact, while shedding off chunks of the story.
Old 2009-02-17, 02:50   Link #430
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think Toradora staff has done amazingly good job at keeping the atmosphere and the feel intact, while shedding off chunks of the story.
Quoted for truth... given the time constraint it has been pretty remarkable that the characters and spirit of the story are as intact as they are.
Old 2009-02-17, 03:02   Link #431
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
just marathon the entire series

wow amazing episode, animation/art was so good, it looked creepy. i am wondering why ryuuji is getting more clueless , in the beginning i thought he was pretty smart and had a good understanding of others. but his ignorance grew. it seems that ami is the smartest one out them all, i really enjoy her character, she is good foresight, she warned the motherfucker 2....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2009-02-17, 04:22   Link #432
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ryuuji understands others but he is ignorant when it comes to matters of romantic love. He's not getting more clueless, he was clueless in the first place.
Old 2009-02-17, 05:37   Link #433
wistfulloner

He's not completely clueless, his goodwill blinds him.
Old 2009-02-17, 07:06   Link #434
moshimouse

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
It's more that Minorin needed to reject Ryuuji, eliminating her from the competition. If Ryuuji is in love with Taiga than it really hasn't come to the surface yet. He is still in the mindset of an extremely caring friend. Now that Minorin has rejected him maybe it will allow his true feelings for Taiga to surface.

Or, he could fall into a deep depression and the series could come to a soul crushing end. ^^;;
oh man lets hope that doesn't happen! i have seriously falling in love with this series and i (along with a lot of other people i presume) would be so pissed off!

I mean I think we have all come to the logical conclusion that Taiga and Ryuuji will at some point come to the conclusion that they love each other, right? and if what some of you say is true, i just want to know how they are going to wrap this up in five episodes?

I mean its obvious that Ryuuji is going to be depressed after Minorin pretty much ripped out his heart and stomped on it so there might be a episode or two (possibly three or four which would be . . . uhg) all about that.

But they will also have to fit in Ryuuji coming to terms with being in love with Taiga AND then confessing to her, plus there are some other loose ends too. I mean does taiga just love Kitamura? What about Ami?

i just really hope they don't half ass this
Old 2009-02-17, 08:35   Link #435
Kafriel
Senior Guest

One episode for Taiga to comfort Ryuuji, one for Ami's breakout, one for Minori helping them stop Ami, one for reconciling and one for "love"^^
Old 2009-02-17, 08:47   Link #436
Fran~
floating away...

And the last one for a "Nice-Boat" end
Old 2009-02-17, 10:24   Link #437
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
He's not completely clueless, his goodwill blinds him.
Yeah I think he at least had an inkling of Taiga being jealous of in volume 3. The only reason he didn't further pursue it was how enraged it made her whenever he brought it up.
Old 2009-02-17, 10:31   Link #438
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Emotional collapse.
Spoiler for Book:
There.. I added the spoiler tags which should have been there.
Old 2009-02-17, 11:06   Link #439
Fran~
floating away...

Spoiler tags will have little use... i strongly advice to not read this forum if you dont wanna get spoiled...
Old 2009-02-17, 11:14   Link #440
Kafriel
Senior Guest

M-mustn't cliiiiick! Anyways, I predict the next episode is going to break the comment record,especially if it gets more different than the novels~
Closed Thread