AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-25, 18:10   Link #261
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I can't stop hoping the summer release date for Europe is true. It's probably not, considering Tales games are usually released only when a year has passed after their US release (if at all), but I can hope.
It's highly unlikely, I mean for Europe the games script needs translating a number of times. Maybe even a load of different language voice overs as well.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 10:59   Link #262
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I strongly doubt that they'd bother doing voice acting for languages other than English for Europe. There's little financial incentive for such a big investment.
Old 2010-02-26, 11:42   Link #263
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Except that some countries over here dub everything. It's one of the reasons things get delayed so often, if they are brought over at all (we still don't have Abyss or Legendia, for example).

I hope the next Tales game comes out on the PS3. That way I can just import the US version. Bloody region coding, why don't they realize- *gets dragged off before going on another region code rant*
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 11:03   Link #264
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I know some countries dub everything. *looks at France* But when it comes to video games? Not that often.
Old 2010-02-27, 14:01   Link #265
stpehen
kisses for all

didn't the EU-only PSP port of Tales of Eternia only have English voices?
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 03:39   Link #266
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks like Namco finally realized where the fanbase is.

Quote:
Tales of Graces PS3 - Winter 2010
New Tales game for PS3 - no date
Radiant Mythology 3 for PSP - 2011
Doubt the Ps3 version gets localized but you never know..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 03:50   Link #267
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I won't hold out hope for a localization, but it'd be nice. Plus, that'd mean extra space on the disc for Japanese voices if it does, maybe?

Moreover, I find this hilarious because of Tales of Vesperia.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 04:22   Link #268
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I'm not holding my breath. :/ Suppose I should be glad, but for some odd reason, I find it difficult.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 08:07   Link #269
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Sounds like a repeat of what happened with Tales of Symphonia. It was first released on the GameCube, sold very well outside of Japan, but the Japanese kept whining for it to be released on the PS2. This made sense because the GameCube wasn't that popular in Japan.

But I don't get it this time. The Wii is very popular in Japan. The Xbox 360 isn't, which explains Tales of Vesperia's port to the PS3. But this? Weird.

At any rate, don't kid yourselves about Namco finding out where the US fan base supposedly is. They don't care.
Old 2010-07-28, 08:30   Link #270
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Tales of Graces PS3 - Winter 2010
New Tales game for PS3 - no date
And about time too. I'll take both.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 09:06   Link #271
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
**** YES!! Now I can just get Tales of Graces on the PS3 and not have to worry about Wii mod chips and that other crap.
Old 2010-07-28, 09:45   Link #272
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
But I don't get it this time. The Wii is very popular in Japan. The Xbox 360 isn't, which explains Tales of Vesperia's port to the PS3. But this? Weird.
PS3 DLC systems is much securer than the one used by the Wii, expect it to become Tales of DLC.
Awesome now i have to buy it a third time, hopefully non of them will be ported to the west.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 09:50   Link #273
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
At any rate, don't kid yourselves about Namco finding out where the US fan base supposedly is. They don't care.
Considering the chances of PS3 Graces getting localized is like 0.1% what made you think I was talking about America?

Quote:
Might have something to do with a port of Versperia selling a lot more than a brand new Tales game, even though that game was on a system that has twice the userbase. Hence the comment about Namco realizing where the Tales fanbase is (not the wii) since Grace is getting ported to Ps3 and more than likely the next Team Symphonia (the ps3 tales should be by them) game being an exclusive.

Didn't 360 Vesperia sell about the same as Wii Graces.. with what.. 1/50th less of a userbase?
Old 2010-07-28, 15:35   Link #274
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Considering the chances of PS3 Graces getting localized is like 0.1% what made you think I was talking about America?
0.1%? I think you're giving Namco waaaay too much credit.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 16:06   Link #275
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

Doubt the Ps3 version gets localized but you never know..
Wow, BanNam did it again... ( O_O)
Yeah... They just keep on doing this, and see how long it takes for their Tales fanbase to abandon them. Anyways, waiting to see if any madman pop up like with TOV.
.................................BanNam, burn to hell.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 21:12   Link #276
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Didn't 360 Vesperia sell about the same as Wii Graces.. with what.. 1/50th less of a userbase?
About the same, yeah.

Graces (Wii) - 200,000 Copies
Vesperia (360) - 204,000 Copies
Vesperia (PS3) - 350,000 Copies
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (Wii) - 210,000 Copies.

So all things considered Graces didn't do that great, and Vesperia PS3, despite being a port, trashed all the others. So this is, for once, a very smart move on Namco Bandai's part.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 01:05   Link #277
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I'm glad that the ToG will have a PS3 port. I was actually planning to buy a wii just to play the game, but now, I don't have to. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 02:49   Link #278
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
About the same, yeah.

Graces (Wii) - 200,000 Copies
Vesperia (360) - 204,000 Copies
Vesperia (PS3) - 350,000 Copies
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (Wii) - 210,000 Copies.

So all things considered Graces didn't do that great, and Vesperia PS3, despite being a port, trashed all the others. So this is, for once, a very smart move on Namco Bandai's part.
Looking at the sales, this really doesn't make much sense at all. I guess they might've made Tales of Graces in a way that can easily be ported to the PS3. However I really don't see how that would be worth their time. What gamer doesn't have a Wii by now? Seriously. If you have a PS3 in Japan you probably have a Wii too. If you love Tales enough you would've already bought it for the Wii.

If they're not going to localize Vesperia, they're probably not going to localize Graces for the PS3. Unless a miracle happens and it sells millions.

To be honest I really don't care about Tales of Graces, I am however very intrigued with that extra PS3 Tales game they announced. If the real game is anywhere near the concept art I'm sold.

PS: I'm also somewhat frustrated that I watched Tales of Vesperia First Strike to hype myself up for the game (because I thought it would be announced at E3...)....and now I'm not sure if I should just play the Japanese version and train my Japanese.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 03:15   Link #279
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Looking at the sales, this really doesn't make much sense at all. I guess they might've made Tales of Graces in a way that can easily be ported to the PS3. However I really don't see how that would be worth their time.
Yeah selling another 250,000-300,000 copies of a port of a game that drastically underperformed on the Wii is totally a waste of time. They should instead focus on making another Wii game (that will sell crap) because every Ps3 owner has a Wii as well.
Old 2010-07-29, 04:03   Link #280
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Yeah selling another 250,000-300,000 copies of a port of a game that drastically underperformed on the Wii is totally a waste of time. They should instead focus on making another Wii game (that will sell crap) because every Ps3 owner has a Wii as well.
Are you being sarcastic?

I'm only pointing out that the Wii game sold 200,000 copies, by logic won't it sell EVEN LESS on the PS3?

It's different for Vesperia because the 360 and PS3 user base is more divided. The 360 having a super weak install base (in Japan), I thought it was natural to port it to the PS3 and have it perform better. The Wii however is everywhere in Japan if you were interested enough to buy Tales of Graces, I don't see why you would buy it again on the PS3. Only super hard-core Tales fans that really want the extra content would purchase it on the PS3 as well.

And there is also the quality of the game itself that you have to factor in. Tales of Symphonia 2 was a let down in my opinion and it deserved the poor sales, I never played Graces myself so I don't know. There is also a mentality that this is a Wii port not a 360 port. Wii is hardly considered a current-gen system in the first place. If the game was made for Wii already, wouldn't people suspect that the quality of the game might not be on par to a 360/PS3 game? (I'm not saying that it isn't, I'm just pointing out the first thing that would come to a person's mind)

I'm not an industrial analyst, I'm obviously amateur, but this is just what I see. If you think my logic is flawed you can just point it out and explain it to me. I'm sorry if I said something idiotic.

Last edited by jonli; 2010-07-29 at 04:23.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg