Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Same here.

Now I'm waiting for Bandai to continue their trend of RG --> new MG with:

MG Freedom RM Ver.
MG Justice
MG Destiny RM Ver.
MG Strike Freedom RM Ver.

* The ones that have an RG but no new MG yet.
You want more SEED MG
Please....anything but that. I like SEED kit, but having it appear so frequently is making my eyes sore.

Bandai hasnt even made majority of 00 kit for MG.
Old 2013-08-26, 09:05   Link #30602
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Damn, I was right. The Ootori Pack is a mess, and those missiles on the wings only makes things worse . Yep, I’ll buy MG Rouge Ootori only for the Rouge alone (and slapped the old Rouge’s Aile Pack on it). As for the Ootori Pack, I’ll either slap it on another Strike, display it independently, store it in the box or won’t assemble it at all. I don’t really care about that messy pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
You want more SEED MG
Please....anything but that. I like SEED kit, but having it appear so frequently is making my eyes sore.
Not to defend suiton's spamming, but I think SEED MGs (especially the new ones) are some of the best MGs out there both aesthetically and technically. Even MG Nu Ka still have some obvious flaws compared to the new GAT-X Gundams MGs from SEED like Blitz, Buster, Strike RM, Duel, etc.
Old 2013-08-26, 11:32   Link #30603
jimsbeanz

So wiring all the LEDs was frustrating, gotta say this kit was really challenging. The binders are really heavy each one weights as much as the upper body!

I'm gonna need to prop them up as there's no way the body can support all four without breaking.

Last edited by jimsbeanz; 2013-08-26 at 11:48. Reason: wording
jimsbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:43   Link #30604
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post
Lol...

I like Gunpla, Digital Photography AND car racing. Gunpla and Digital Photography is now on the back burner...
Then I will have to admit that your hobbies and spending preferences is quite a bit more extravagant than mine.

The hobbies that I currently am into is:

1. GunPla (Master Grade kits only including online exclusives)
2. Video Games (Sony and Nintendo games only)

Relative to the things that you spend money on, I'm pretty low cost in terms of hobbies go.

Anyway, getting back to GunPla, what do you guys think about the RG Strike Freedom?

Spoiler:

I think it's funny how Bandai puts out that image of a super, stylized picture of the Strike Freedom, and next to it we get an out of proportion prototype of the RG Strike Freedom that has its stomach cannon in the wrong spot, beam rifles that's way too big, etc.

I think Bandai really is just testing the waters with the RG line and depending on how things go, do a RM Ver or a totally new kit in Master Grade form. It's what we've gotten thus far.

If my theory holds true, then 2014 should yield MG Freedom RM Ver. and MG Justice.
Old 2013-08-26, 11:56   Link #30605
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Damn, I was right. The Ootori Pack is a mess, and those missiles on the wings only makes things worse . Yep, I’ll buy MG Rouge Ootori only for the Rouge alone (and slapped the old Rouge’s Aile Pack on it). As for the Ootori Pack, I’ll either slap it on another Strike, display it independently, store it in the box or won’t assemble it at all. I don’t really care about that messy pack.

Not to defend suiton's spamming, but I think SEED MGs (especially the new ones) are some of the best MGs out there both aesthetically and technically. Even MG Nu Ka still have some obvious flaws compared to the new GAT-X Gundams MGs from SEED like Blitz, Buster, Strike RM, Duel, etc.
This is why I will be using 1 of the Aile Striker packs (of the 4 MG Aile Strike RM Ver.) that I bought for the Strike Rouge MG from the Phoenix ver.

I am into Seed and Seed Destiny these days. Sure 00 didn't get most of the MGs it needed, but really, 00 just needs the MG Exia R2 (which as everyone knows I've been wanting since like 2009 or 2010).

Wing and Age also need to finish up.
Old 2013-08-26, 12:28   Link #30606
Knight-of-Gold

The stomach cannon is not in the wrong location. This RG is based off of the PG design that Katoki did so the cannon is in the correct position according to the source material for this RG.

Bandai is not "testing the waters" with the RG line. By now it is it's own fully fledged line and out of the 13 RG kits made only 2 have seen a new MG version follow and only 1 (MG 3.0) is in anyway related to its RG counterpart. MG Strike RM had nothing to do with the RG, the decision to make it was based on completing the original 5 GAT series with the same type of frame.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 12:46   Link #30607
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
You want more SEED MG

Bandai hasnt even made majority of 00 kit for MG.
I want the astrea, cherudim and exia repair kits in MG, sick of seed kits... And seed is my fav gundam, lol

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:27   Link #30608
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
I want the astrea, cherudim and exia repair kits in MG, sick of seed kits... And seed is my fav gundam, lol
The thing with Seed and Seed Destiny's line of MG (the new ones and the new RM Ver. line) is that they can just take the base GAT-X frame and just quickly put on armor pieces and tweak like a few parts to release the kits.

All they really need to do now is do a new ZGMF frame to do it again with the Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, Freedom, Justice, the Impulse suits, Savior, and Destiny.

But yea. I have say that although I want the other Seed and Seed Destiny kits, there have been a lot of them in a short period of time.

February 2012
GAT-X102 Duel Gundam w/ Assault Shroud

June 2012
GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam

September 2012
GAT-X103 Buster Gundam

October 2012
GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam

May 2013
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam (Ver. RM)

September 2013
MBF-02+EW454F Strike Rouge Ootori Equipment (Ver. RM)

But in between that time, we also did get some UC, Age, and Wing kits thrown in there.

I'm just curious to see what Bandai will bring in 2014 in terms of MGs. I suspect though that with Seed Destiny Remaster (TV) almost done airing (I think...?), that they'll push hard to get the remaining suits released in MG (new) and MG (RM Ver.)

Freedom RM
Justice RM
Force Impulse RM
Sword Impulse RM
Blast Impulse
Savior
Infinite Justice RM
Strike Freedom RM
Destiny RM

And try to get some UC stuff in there. But I think it'd be cool for Bandai to take a break with UC stuff in 2014 and push out the remaining Age kits as well:

Age-1 Full Gransa
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 Fortress
Age-3 Orbital
Age-FX
Age-FX Burst

And then some Wing stuff as well:

Nataku
Heavyarms Custom
Sandrock Custom
Tallgeese III

Right now, the only thing pertinent with UC is Gundam Unicorn. So maybe Bandai will re-release the Unicorn Fenix as an online exclusive MG, Unicorn Banshee Norn MG...

Interesting note.

MG RX-78-2 2.0 came out July 2008, and the MG RX-78-2 3.0 is coming out August 2013.

5 years between + 1 month (in that year's release) later.

o_o

I guess 5 years is about when Bandai remasters kits.

If that's the case, then...

July 2004
MG ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam

December 2006
MG ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam

October 2007
MG ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam

May 2008
MG ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam

October 2008
MG ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam

April 2009
MG ZGMF-X56S/β Sword Impulse Gundam

The latest Seed kit that would need an RM release, would be the ZGMF-X56S/β Sword Impulse Gundam, and it just so happens that 5 years is 2014.

Oh ho?

And in regards to Gundam 00 MGs... Yea.
I think Bandai should put more out, but really if they can just put out an MG for Exia R2, I'd be perfectly content with the MG 00 line of kits.
Old 2013-08-26, 13:35   Link #30609
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
I want to get a Ninja Turtle Gundam, but I can't decide between 1/100 Providence or 1/100 Legend.

Legend is a more balanced attempt at essentially the same design and was designed with Action Base attachments in mind, but Providence has the benefit of actually being, you know, formidable and plot-relevant in the context of the show.

Plus I already own Saviour and Akatsuki and plan on getting Phoenix Strike Rouge (fuck the haters; it's an X-Wing with a giant sword attached), and part of me will feel dirty if all of my 1/100-scale CE kits turn out to be from Mobile Trainwreck Gundam Shitstainy.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 16:48   Link #30610
Knight-of-Gold

Just read that Sazabi Ver.Ka has 31 runners of parts.
Its gonna be awesome!
Old 2013-08-26, 20:12   Link #30611
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In terms of quality, yes. I own SEED kits, and MG I.Justice and Destiny are my favourites. I was just pointing out that as someone who likes the whole range of Gundam series, having one series being produced and sold more than necessary as simply boring.

Quote:
Lol. I agree with you there. I also want Reborns Gundam and Susano-o.

I really hope Bandai makes a PG soon. Its been ages since the last one.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Grade

It will be awesome if they make God Gundam as a PG kit or MG (Ver 2.0)
Does anyone own a 1/60 scale God Gundam? How is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Just read that Sazabi Ver.Ka has 31 runners of parts.
Its gonna be awesome!
Sweet! Im so going to take my time making it!
Old 2013-08-26, 20:22   Link #30612
Skye629

Quote:
The thing with Seed and Seed Destiny's line of MG (the new ones and the new RM Ver. line) is that they can just take the base GAT-X frame and just quickly put on armor pieces and tweak like a few parts to release the kits.

All they really need to do now is do a new ZGMF frame to do it again with the Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, Freedom, Justice, the Impulse suits, Savior, and Destiny.

And try to get some UC stuff in there. But I think it'd be cool for Bandai to take a break with UC stuff in 2014 and push out the remaining Age kits as well:

Right now, the only thing pertinent with UC is Gundam Unicorn. So maybe Bandai will re-release the Unicorn Fenix as an online exclusive MG, Unicorn Banshee Norn MG...

5 years between + 1 month (in that year's release) later.
I guess 5 years is about when Bandai remasters kits.
1. No shit, and a great choice by bandai, all 5 kits were great and saved them money

2. I believe most of us have gone over with you how most of those suits have very different frames. Also to further correct you, ZGMF is generally given to most ZAFT MS, its not a line like the GAT series. Another good example of a "line" would be the designations for the Astray Frame units

3-4. Quite contradictory statements you got going there. It would be insane if Bandai took a break from UC kits on Unicorns grand finale no? If anything we are going to be seeing MORE UC kits.

Now Im gonna take a page of your book and list a whole bunch of possible kits (no matter how absurd)

HGUC FA Unicorn Destroy Mode
HGUC Banshee Norn Destroy Mode
Online Exclusive HGUC Kshatriya (whatever that
HGUC/Online Exclusive HGUC Geara Zulu Nahel Argama ver.
HGUC New FF MA
HGUC's of various new/old Sleeve and EFSF kits that have not been made yet

MG FA Unicorn OVA ver.
MG Banshee Norn
MG Banshee Norn Final Battle Ver.
MG Jesta Cannon
MG Rozen Zulu
MG Jegan and all its variants (3+ kits)

and much much more which I cannot pull off the top of my head atm

5. "5 years between + 1 month (in that year's release) later. I guess 5 years is about when Bandai remasters kits."

Horrible correlation, you cant take one instance, and apply it to everything. Thats not how things work. If every MG RX-78-2 followed that pattern then I would be more inclined to believe you. But even then the RX-78 always get special treatment along with the two Zaku's over every other kit to date
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 20:27   Link #30613
suiton629
Master Grade Master

You know what would be the biggest surprise of 2014? (Ranked in order)

1. MG Exia Repair 2
--> EVERYONE knows how much I (still) want it.

2. MGs from Gundam X (X & X Divider in 1 kit, and then Double X)

3. MG Wing EW 2.0 & MG Wing Zero EW 2.0
--> Let's be honest. The Wing EW and Wing Zero Custom MGs are due for an updated release and they're super popular and iconic in the history of Gundam.

4. More Seed RM and new MG's.
--> Bandai loves money and Seed and Seed Destiny are popular right now.

5. The rest of Age MGs come out

6. The rest of Unicorn MGs come out
--> Jesta Cannon, Khsatriya, Unicorn Full Armor OVA Ver., Banshee Norn, Banshee Final, Unicorn Fenix, Geara Zulu

7. RX-78-2 Ver. Origins
Old 2013-08-26, 20:36   Link #30614
Skye629

Quote:
You know what would be the biggest surprise of 2014 FOR ME? (Ranked in order)

1. MG Exia Repair 2
--> EVERYONE knows how much I (still) want it.

2. MGs from Gundam X (X & X Divider in 1 kit, and then Double X)

3. MG Wing EW 2.0 & MG Wing Zero EW 2.0
--> Let's be honest. The Wing EW and Wing Zero Custom MGs are due for an updated release and they're super popular and iconic in the history of Gundam.

4. More Seed RM and new MG's.
--> Bandai loves money and Seed and Seed Destiny are popular right now.

5. The rest of Age MGs come out

6. The rest of Unicorn MGs come out
--> Jesta Cannon, Khsatriya, Unicorn Full Armor OVA Ver., Banshee Norn, Banshee Final, Unicorn Fenix, Geara Zulu

7. RX-78-2 Ver. Origins
Edited to more correctly capture the message of the post :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 08:51   Link #30615
Knight-of-Gold

MG Exia R2 would be such a disappointing release. It should have been an online exclusive kit released around the time of the original MG Exia when there was actual hype surrounding that gundam and the series.
Now nobody really cares for an exia variant, the other gundams would be much more appealing.
Old 2013-08-27, 09:27   Link #30616
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
MG Exia R2 would be such a disappointing release. It should have been an online exclusive kit released around the time of the original MG Exia when there was actual hype surrounding that gundam and the series.
Now nobody really cares for an exia variant, the other gundams would be much more appealing.

Why would you say that the Exia R2 would be a disappointing MG release? For one, Gundam 00 'hype' has died down a lot..I will admit that.

But with Bandai seemingly still interested through Metal Build line and Sunrise streaming the anime again online, I think 00 isn't totally dead.

Though the idea of it being an online exclusive is very appealing to me. I think that's what Bandai should do.

Release the MG Exia R2 with R3 conversion parts as an online exclusive. As expensive as that may be for me to buy through like GGI or Gentei, I'd get 2 of them..

Plus, wasn't the Damashii Exia R2 an exclusive conversion set?
Old 2013-08-27, 10:04   Link #30617
Yye1
Wide Right

In terms of real grade, why the hell are they releasing the zephrantyes and not the physalis?!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 10:05   Link #30618
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
In terms of real grade, why the hell are they releasing the zephrantyes and not the physalis?!
Maybe not popular enough or probably a 2014 kit?
Old 2013-08-27, 12:23   Link #30619
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
1. GP01 is the protagonist suit. Protagonist designs ALWAYS sell more.
2. Releases now follow a UC, then AU, then UC again trend. (GP02 may be the next kit after Strike freedom).
Old 2013-08-27, 13:49   Link #30620
suiton629
Master Grade Master

01 03 04 06 09 12 14 15 29 31 32 33 34 37 42 44 45 48 50 51 52 54 56 57 58 61 62 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

These are the HG00 kits I want.
It'll cost me nearly $500 total. Should I go for it or hold off for
MGs?

Reference:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grade_Gundam_00

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy