AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-24, 14:51   Link #101
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Polls are serious business.

Seriously, get over the poll thing, everyone. It's just a poll on a forum, it's not like it's a serious measure of how good something is. All this whining about who voted what is annoying and detracts from, you know, actually discussing what we know about the movie.

Edit: ninja'd by keroko
Old 2010-01-24, 14:54   Link #102
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
The artwork and modified designs look pretty cool. I imagine I'll have a lot of fun watching the animation. Plot doesn't look like it will interest me, though. Sounds exactly the same, nothing changed. Seems like it'll just be a string of fights with no plot. I'll watch it, but I don't feel very excited story wise and I don't think I'll rate it highly. I need more than pretty animation and awesome fights to keep my interest.
Old 2010-01-24, 16:35   Link #103
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

if the flashing lights are not are par or close to par with touhou then i will be disappointed i hope the story good enough to rate
Old 2010-01-24, 16:50   Link #104
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
On par with Touhou? I don't see how that is relevant at all here. Now, is it better than the series its based upon? This is a much better comparison. Anything else does a disservice to both Nanoha and in this case, Touhou.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-01-24, 17:21   Link #105
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

At the very least, the animation for the movie is definitely a step up from what we were getting in the series. It'll definitely be a pretty movie to watch in terms of artwork and character design, from the look of the screencaps.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:15   Link #106
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
- This is not in the TV version : Raising Heart trains Nanoha THROUGH IMAGE TRAINNING (It would seem that Nanoha is daydreaming). Nanoha does that when she is in the middle of the class.
It's All There In The Manual

This was shown during the first series in the comics that were issued along with the series. It's really nice that it'll be animated this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluna View Post
If you look at the scans of the booklet. Both Nanoha and Fate are listed as AAA rank mage. Yet in Striker S they both are A (S+ without limiter). Rynith is AA (though we did not see her fight). I would assume that Nanoha and Fate's "raw" power is controlled and restricted during the StrikerS arc.
The same comics also indicated Fate and Nanoha's respective ranks at the beginning of A's as the same as here (AAA). It was also mentioned that the AAA+ ranked Chrono would be able to strike down Fate without even warming up meaning the plus actually means a lot.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:25   Link #107
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The artwork and modified designs look pretty cool. I imagine I'll have a lot of fun watching the animation. Plot doesn't look like it will interest me, though. Sounds exactly the same, nothing changed. Seems like it'll just be a string of fights with no plot. I'll watch it, but I don't feel very excited story wise and I don't think I'll rate it highly. I need more than pretty animation and awesome fights to keep my interest.
Well it's going to have a plot...The season 1 plot with some new content, but a plot is still there. The visual book shows plenty of episodes without fighting.

On a side note, It's nice to see trolls being defended. How refreshing.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:31   Link #108
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
It's All There In The Manual

This was shown during the first series in the comics that were issued along with the series. It's really nice that it'll be animated this time around.
Although those were Iluna's notes (not mine!) the image training was shown in the manga to happen *after* the first series. Although it is possible that she used it during the first series as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
The same comics also indicated Fate and Nanoha's respective ranks at the beginning of A's as the same as here (AAA). It was also mentioned that the AAA+ ranked Chrono would be able to strike down Fate without even warming up meaning the plus actually means a lot.
Rank is just an indication of power, and the + is for something special. Caro is said to warrant a + because of her summons. Thus, Chrono can beat down Fate mainly because of experience and being able to control the power he has, better. Fate flies around and shoots as much as she can, while Chrono leads her into a bind trap, thinking two steps ahead. I think his + is just because he is a great tactical thinker in the midst of combat.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:56   Link #109
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
How comes we now have 2 votes rating the Movie at 1?
Let me guess : Saint X cousin voted when he wasn't looking too? Kids nowadays~
<_<
>_>
Frack! I know this forum is full of trolls, but why do you feel the need to spoil this poll? To make the Movie look bad? Like hell people would care!
To make this forum look bad? Seriously, don't force yourself, it already has a despicable reputation :] But you're sure doing a good job at proving people they were right to leave this cursed place.
Naa... THis time, it was probably because 1 was the closest to the VOTE! button. Wouldn't need to spend more energy moving the mouse across a larger distance, see?

I've said it once, and i'll say it again - we'll vote smack about it all we want. I told the truth, and if you think i really did troll it, think all you want. i'll even act the part out just to fulfill that delusion of yours. I THINK THE MOVIE ISN'T GOING TO BE TERRIFIC. Might even be horrific, but hey, the fans are so biased towards it that all they think is ZOMG WE R HAZ NANOHA MOVIEZZZZZ, lapping up everything and anything that's handed to them, and let this excitement shroud their judgment. There, i've said it. Am I trolling? Maybe I'm just stating the truth. Truth hurts, after all. Maybe it's just the cynical side of me being very critical of this. Can be a real party pooper. Or maybe I'm just plain trolling. Who knows? We're all too biased to say anything for sure.

There will always be critics. Learn to live with it. Whining about it makes you look like a child who cries at anyone who says otherwise of his own opinions.

Last edited by Nya~n; 2010-01-24 at 19:07.
Old 2010-01-24, 20:10   Link #110
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Well it's going to have a plot...The season 1 plot with some new content, but a plot is still there. The visual book shows plenty of episodes without fighting.
But it's still basically the same plot, which has been done already. Therefore, plot doesn't really interest me or catch my attention, because it's no different from what we saw in season one. Still, I don't pass up the chance to see some nice animation.
Old 2010-01-24, 20:13   Link #111
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
There will always be critics.
The day you will formulate a critic instead of simply bashing the serie (or other members), we will talk about it, ok? =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo
Rank is just an indication of power, and the + is for something special. Caro is said to warrant a + because of her summons. Thus, Chrono can beat down Fate mainly because of experience and being able to control the power he has, better. Fate flies around and shoots as much as she can, while Chrono leads her into a bind trap, thinking two steps ahead. I think his + is just because he is a great tactical thinker in the midst of combat.
So... how does that explain the SS+ rank of Precia? It bothers me that a scientist can be that powerful since, I guess, she didn't receive that much (if not any) magical training. Is it just in her genes or something?

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2010-01-24 at 20:27.
Old 2010-01-24, 20:19   Link #112
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
So... how do that explain the SS+ rank of Precia? It bothers me that a scientist can be that powerful since, I guess, she didn't receive that much (if not any) magical training. Is it just in her genes or something?
We don't know for sure that she was a scientist her whole life. She could have easily been a mage or something else and managed to develop her powers to an SS+ rank, and retired to a position as a scientist when she grew older or when she was pregnant with Alicia.

And heck, maybe she was just that strong as a scientist. I don't think it's one of the safest jobs, at least in Nanohaverse, judging from what Yuuno got himself into in the first episode.
Old 2010-01-24, 20:55   Link #113
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
So... how does that explain the SS+ rank of Precia? It bothers me that a scientist can be that powerful since, I guess, she didn't receive that much (if not any) magical training. Is it just in her genes or something?
Not sure what you mean. There's no conflict between Precia's SS+ rank and anything else, like her being a scientist. She could have been born powerful, or researched ways to make herself more powerful. We saw her easily take out a couple squads of enforcers, even when her body was weakened. I assume she knows all of Fate's lightning tricks, plus more.
Old 2010-01-24, 21:17   Link #114
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Not sure what you mean. There's no conflict between Precia's SS+ rank and anything else, like her being a scientist. She could have been born powerful, or researched ways to make herself more powerful. We saw her easily take out a couple squads of enforcers, even when her body was weakened. I assume she knows all of Fate's lightning tricks, plus more.
Simply, looking at Nanoha and Fate for example, their ranking got higher because they trained hard for that and because they work in divisions where they have to fight often. So I thought : the more you use your magic power > the stronger you get.
Precia, as we see her in S1 and the Movie manga is a scientist who does work desk and research, but doesn't actually use her magic powers (at least not by fighting). So I was wondering how she could have such a high rank. The highest one in the whole serie actually.

But I think RadiantBeam provide with an acceptable explanation. Precia may well have train when she was younger and then went to the scientist career when she married or got pregnant (that she probably thought would be less dangerous ,_,).
Old 2010-01-24, 22:30   Link #115
Arkeus

Quote:
We don't know for sure that she was a scientist her whole life. She could have easily been a mage or something else and managed to develop her powers to an SS+ rank, and retired to a position as a scientist when she grew older or when she was pregnant with Alicia.

And heck, maybe she was just that strong as a scientist. I don't think it's one of the safest jobs, at least in Nanohaverse, judging from what Yuuno got himself into in the first episode.
I think Precia's rank is because as a scientist, she made sure to have perfect control of her skills in all subjects.

Mages aren't only about fighting <_<
Old 2010-01-24, 23:58   Link #116
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

I'd say we can assume magical training is standard on Mid, if you're a mage (vivio goes to a school that teaches it after all). So it's not unrealistic to think that Precia would have had magical training, add onto that that she might need magic for her magical science projects.
Old 2010-01-25, 00:45   Link #117
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of course Precia had magical training. >.> She's the leading expert on the creation of familiars. I daresay you need extensive training with magic to create familiars. Its what helped finish Project Fate, after all.
Old 2010-01-25, 02:40   Link #118
Gespenst
Real Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Raising Heart sounds more human now? My reason to watch the Nanoha series in the first place has been ruined. =\ It was the monotone mechanical voice that made me watch the series in the first place, and remains one of the two things i even like about the series, the other being the technomagic.
I'd rather RH had better grammar really. There was nothing wrong with sounding robotic but there's something wrong with "I can be shot". It's not like they don't speak English in Australia after all. :P I wonder if she had the opportunity to tell them that the script was a little screwy.

Quote:
Nanoha does look pretty badly hurt here...What i find interesting, is in the series version she was knocked unconscious...In this version she looks more damaged, but she's conscious.
That's probably because they're playing up her badassitude in this version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluna View Post
But Nanoha still bleeds, so Fate is still crueler than her TV version counterpart if any.
I wouldn't call her cruel, she doesn't hurt Nanoha out of malice or hatred. She hurt her because they fought, she hurt her out of love. Just like Nanoha really

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but it feels unnatural to hear someone calling Fate cruel.

Quote:
But I am surprised Precia is SS...I mean, wth...Lindy would have no chance against her.
Are numbers all that matter in Nanoha land? Is there no room for strategy, for skill or bravery? Courage can make a 0% chance 100%!

If numbers were all that mattered Fate would have beaten Nanoha, The Book of Darkness would have beaten everyone and Tea (at least) would have been killed at the end of StrikerS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I do hope we get some good fansubs out of this, I'd say the odds of an R1 release are dismal.
Well it won’t be until the R2 DVD comes out anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
I had a feeling this would be one of the greatest anime movies for the decade. Fate
And we're less than a month into it. The next 10 years must seem dismal by comparison.
Old 2010-01-25, 03:25   Link #119
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst View Post

I wouldn't call her cruel, she doesn't hurt Nanoha out of malice or hatred. She hurt her because they fought, she hurt her out of love. Just like Nanoha really

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but it feels unnatural to hear someone calling Fate cruel.
It's not hard to explain. Fate simply has never been shown to have so much as a single cruel thought or action. I'm not sure what to call Fate's more direct approach in the movie, though...More serious, perhaps?
Quote:
Are numbers all that matter in Nanoha land? Is there no room for strategy, for skill or bravery? Courage can make a 0% chance 100%!

If numbers were all that mattered Fate would have beaten Nanoha, The Book of Darkness would have beaten everyone and Tea (at least) would have been killed at the end of StrikerS.
No, although Fate and Nanoha are AAA rank mages, they're fairly similar in strength, with Fate being slightly higher in magical power. The book of darkness was defeated by more of a mutual agreement. And the Asura was what finished it off. The difference between Precia and Lindy is the difference between a AA+ mage and a SS ranked mage. Unless Precias magical rank is just for show, that's a huge difference to overcome. Then again, in anime anything can happen...But it wouldn't be very believable.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-01-25 at 03:50.
Old 2010-01-25, 03:51   Link #120
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:

No, although Fate and Nanoha are AAA rank mages, they're fairly similar in strength, with Fate being slightly higher in magical power. The book of darkness was defeated by more of a mutual agreement. And the Asura was what finished it off. The difference between Precia and Lindy is the difference between a AA+ mage and a SS ranked mage. Unless Precias magical rank is just for show, that's a huge difference to overcome. Then again, in anime anything can happen...But it wouldn't be very believable.

You have to keep in mind 2 points:

1) The ranking is based on exams, it's a not a measure of your total potential
2) The rank will not indicate the personn experience, Precia may have more potential but i am pretty sure that Lindy will have more fighting experience (that will also explain why Fate and Nanoha lost against their instructor in the manga).
Closed Thread