AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 07:03   Link #3021
Ottocycle

^ I can't help but feel sad for the vuvuzelas, which have all but been kicked out of the picture in said survey.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 07:06   Link #3022
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Guys, let's not forget the Olympics in two years
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:14   Link #3023
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't watched the last match till the end , i didn't know that an Holland's supporter wanted to steal the world cup lol :

Edit : So The best player in this FWC is .............. FORLAN !

And the best young player + best kicker is .................... MULLER !

Edit 2 : For the video , it seems that he didn't tried to steal the cup but to put on her hat .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-07-13 at 11:47.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 11:05   Link #3024
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Japanese supporters are the closest thing I could find to South American ones. I always found Europeans extremely lacking in that respect. They're all just sitting there... doing nothing.
European fans vary quite a lot to be fair and the Brits are not the most exuberant of the bunch. Anyhow move across the channel and you may find some that do a bit more then stand and sing.

For example:

and

The Milan derby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtJ_...eature=related
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:59   Link #3025
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Speaking of supporters cheering and singing: wouldn't mind seeing this kind of choreography and fan participation at the next world cup. Awesome display by these Korean kids cheering for their teams.

Too bad the actual support in K-League is f**king a joke.

Most of the time half of the stadium is empty.
If only everyone supported the league much as the national team, ala our 2002 supporters.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:25   Link #3026
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Personally, the next exciting sports event for me will the US Open (Tennis).

Anyways, what are everyone's favorite moment of the world cup? Doesn't have to be a goal.

Personally for me the most entertaining part was the French disaster, and Dominique refusing to shake the hands of the South African coach. Sadly, the drama this World CUp was more exciting than most of the games. For the most part the games were snoozers, specifically when Spain was involved.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 14:26   Link #3027
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I didn't watched the last match till the end , i didn't know that an Holland's supporter wanted to steal the world cup lol :

Edit 2 : For the video , it seems that he didn't tried to steal the cup but to put on her hat .
He's not Dutch, but Catalan. He's known as Jimmy Jump (as evidenced by the text on his shirt).

While Catalans seemed to have been more supportive for the Dutch team, I don't really think that was his motive (unless he himself says otherwise).
Old 2010-07-13, 16:51   Link #3028
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Anyways, what are everyone's favorite moment of the world cup? Doesn't have to be a goal.
Gyan's goal against the U.S. was probably my favorite moment. I was in a room full of U.S. supporters and needless to say, I was fun celebrating wildly as they sat stunned.
Old 2010-07-13, 17:08   Link #3029
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
So...what are people watching next?
How about your local football league? If your local league sucks, there's the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Erediviese, plus international club competitions like the Champions League and the Libertadores, and international competitions like Copa America and the Eurocup.

The benefit is not having to wait 4 years to see football again, and most of the times club football is much prettier than the football in the WC (this year's final being a testament to that).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:09   Link #3030
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
How about your local football league? If your local league sucks, there's the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Erediviese...

The benefit is not having to wait 4 years to see football again.
Tbh, I never really took much interest in local leagues, though they do have their merit. Some local league teams play better than the national team
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 18:37   Link #3031
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
A tie - Donovan's goal against Algeria, and the entire clusterf*c* at the end of the Ghana-Uruguay game with Suarez' hand save, the red card, and the missed PK. That was a wild ride.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:51   Link #3032
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm just going to pretend that Germany vs. Uruguay was the finale. So much more dynamic.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 22:31   Link #3033
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm just going to pretend that Germany vs. Uruguay was the finale. So much more dynamic.
It was a pretty entertaining game.
Old 2010-07-13, 22:49   Link #3034
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So any thought on how Spain can be beaten? Of course, I'm ignoring their first game in this world cup....
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 23:00   Link #3035
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

One way of beating them is what the Dutch did (maybe without the overly strong fouls, but cutting play with fouls here and there and pissing them off with that). They just had bad luck on the finishing.

Old 2010-07-13, 23:19   Link #3036
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Paraguay had the best idea. Instead of collapsing back into their own end and letting Spain dominate possession unchallenged, they marked aggressively and forced the Spaniards - especially Xavi - to give up the ball quickly. In turn, they were able to generate better scoring chances against Spain that either Germany or Holland did - though Robben certainly did have two breakaways.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 03:19   Link #3037
Blaat

I think all teams that faced Spain in the knock out stages came close to beating Spain. At the end no matter what tactic you use, your team is going to be in front of Spain's goal 3 á 4 times and you simply have to convert the chances you get. Switzerland did it (although the goal was offside) and they've won. Portugal, Paraguay, Germany and Netherlands didn't.

As for the best tactic at upsetting Spain's play... well the Dutch thuggery seems the most effective (yes thuggery, there is a difference between hard tackles and kung fu kicks)
Old 2010-07-14, 06:17   Link #3038
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...274512450.html

also:

Quote:
I think Paraguay had the best idea. Instead of collapsing back into their own end and letting Spain dominate possession unchallenged, they marked aggressively and forced the Spaniards - especially Xavi - to give up the ball quickly. In turn, they were able to generate better scoring chances against Spain that either Germany or Holland did - though Robben certainly did have two breakaways.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...713-108f7.html

Old 2010-07-14, 07:24   Link #3039
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Have to agree with that article, I think the media has been quite frankly unrightfully biased from the outset in Spain's favour. Almost every media outlet played off Holland as the 'ugly' team and Spain as the 'beautiful game'.

The difference I believe is Paraguay executed the strategy more perfectly but they simply didn't have the power or the speed of the Dutch to pull it off. Whilst the Dutch just weren't disciplined enough but had the power and speed to make it matter. Key word here is 'discipline'.

Everyone talks about De Jong, Heitingaa and Bommel but nobody mentions the fact Iniesta blatantly hacked out Bommel's legs after play was stopped. Nor that Puyol virtually kept rugby tackling Robben or the blatant corner kick that wasn't given before Iniesta's run. Dodgy refereeing was everywhere, both Iniesta and De Jong should've been sent off early on. I could continue to list a massive ammount of wtf's with screenies if I cared to.

In the end luck was against them simple as that. All it proves is we NEED replay technology in the World Cup, every other sport uses it to stop dodgy decisions, why don't they.
Old 2010-07-14, 11:39   Link #3040
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So any thought on how Spain can be beaten? Of course, I'm ignoring their first game in this world cup....
Time will work for us.

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup