AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 18:15   Link #541
Arya

To me probably one of the problems I have with Haru is the fact that we don't have any keys to read him. As someone already told, we can't hear his inner thoughts or have any knowledge of his childhood problems (if not slightly), mixing this with his peculiar behavior makes him hard to get and to relate to. Each time he hit Shizuku we didn't have any sign of him being sorry, and despite those episodes were meant as gags that's doesn't absolve him (or the narrative). Even when he beat up this or that character the aftermath has been lacking of a sort of resolution, he simply switched from the "evil" to the gag-ish self. That's why I find him one-dimensional. And I think that could be an issue with a character like him, because people could dislike him.
Anyways personally I'm not that annoyed by his "violent" attitude because since this is an anime and he is the main character I already know what the show is trying to do. But if I had to be over analytical his violent behavior is more alarming than your usual bad guy.
Spoiler for boring over-analysis:

Anyway, I still can't see chemistry between them. The one I saw between Shizuku and Yamaken, just to say.

Otherwise, I like a lot the side cast. Now a very little hint seems to lead toward a YamakenXOoshima pairing that I would highly cheer for.
On a second analysis this could open the door again to the SasaharaXNatsume pairing.
That's enough for a second season to me Just, leave some more room to the side cast

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 21:58   Link #542
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Again I must reiterate that I am starting to grow increasingly frustrated by the pussyfooting in this show to keep the two leads out of a relationship. They've been walking in circles.
I would be frustrated if this was the usual mangaka going "I have run out of ideas, but I have to keep the separated for the manga to continue selling", but to me it is clear it is not the case. This is obviously a journey of self discovery for both main characters, but mostly for Haru who has deep issues which can't be settled with an "I love you".

@Arya You say you do not see any long term benefits in this relation for Shizuku? If this relationships ever gets into a marriage Haru would worship the very ground Shizuku thread upon. I do realize some people would say "Who would want that?", well, there are people that like dogs, there a people that like cats, I think Shizuku prefers the former.

BTW, I am curious what role does the class representative will play, she obviously has no guts to try to pry Haru from Shizuku, is she going to end as the 2nd of Haru?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 09:15   Link #543
EroKing

Old 2012-12-15, 04:32   Link #544
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so... Yamaken finally take some serious move toward Shizuku...

he's taking advantage because Shizuku and Haru still can't find any understanding about their current relationship

for Sasayan, don't give up, dude! keep fighting to win Natsume
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 13:08   Link #545
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya
Anyway, I still can't see chemistry between them. The one I saw between Shizuku and Yamaken, just to say.
I have to agree. I didn't want at first. I have a friend I talked into watching this show and from the very beginning she was saying that there's so much more going on between Yamaken and Shizuku. I wasn't so sure until the last episode. I literally melted inside. Yamaken is aboslutely lovely with his dilemmas, with his high prince attitude and Shizuku-related issues. He has no clue why she has fallen for the girl, he doesn't want it. But then when she accidentaly touches his head... AWWW I loved that episode way too much.

But strange thing I love the whole show altogether. It's unexpected, interesting and even for someone who has read way too much shoujo in her life, new. Also it touches very important thing that most of romance series avoid. THERE is possibility for two people to love each other yet don't understand the other at all. Haru and Shizuku clearly have these issues. It was the best visible in the scene when Haru was waiting for her and then she cames out and he says she's his hero. They always fail to get through with their thoughts ans feelings. On the other hand Yamaken is perfectly aware of what's going on and Shizuku's clueless behavious seems to be attracting him even more. I would be really happy to see them together. Haru can end up with Ooshima and Sasayan with Natsume (although I must say it's such a waste for a guy like Sasayan to end up with her...).

Also I'd love to beat Haru's brother to a pulp. I hate guys like these the most.
Old 2012-12-17, 12:32   Link #546
Rakshasa

Well, looks like SasayanxNatsume is truly fucked now, lol.
Old 2012-12-17, 13:58   Link #547
LKK

I'm confused about episode 12.
Spoiler for what I'm confused about in ep 12:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 14:14   Link #548
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm confused about episode 12.
Spoiler for what I'm confused about in ep 12:
Naaaaaah. It was after the countdown when Sasayan called the first time. Natsume woke up, took a picture and blissfully went back to sleep When Sasayan called again it was already after 01:00.

Last edited by Lota; 2012-12-17 at 16:55.
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 14:28   Link #549
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Naaaaaah. It was after the countdown when Sasayan called the first time. Natsume woke up, took a picture and bissfully went back to sleep When Sasayan called again it was already after 01:00.
Gotcha. I couldn't figure the sequence of events in my mind. Thanks for the explanation.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-12-17, 14:51   Link #550
EroKing

Images
Natsume
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So much of Natsume cuteness this week
Old 2012-12-17, 14:55   Link #551
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Natsume is a wonderful character. I really hope a SasayanxNatsume pairing is the result, though if it is it has to be one of the most roundabout ways I've seen since Toradora!.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 15:13   Link #552
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Really. Natsume was just wonderful in ep12. And a large part of the wonderful for me was the voice of newish seiyuu Tanezaki Atsumi. Hints of feeling all the time. That lovely slight rawness in her voice. And a sense that the character is real.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 15:13   Link #553
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Natsume is a wonderful character. I really hope a SasayanxNatsume pairing is the result, though if it is it has to be one of the most roundabout ways I've seen since Toradora!.
Considering how long that fag remained untapped, sasayan seems to be destined for a a yamaken.
Old 2012-12-17, 15:18   Link #554
HandofFate

lol @ Haru accidentally hitting Shizuku again in episode 12.

Someone should make a flash thing like the chuunibyou one where its all of the times Rikka gets hit/chopped by Yuuta everytime you click on the picture.

Only its Haru hitting Shizuku
Old 2012-12-17, 15:30   Link #555
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Natsume
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So much of Natsume cuteness this week
No doubt, Natsume stole the show for this episode. Probably my favorite character too.
Old 2012-12-17, 15:33   Link #556
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
Considering how long that fag remained untapped, sasayan seems to be destined for a a yamaken.
Ah, you're talking about the cigarette. "Fag" isn't slang for cigarette where I come from, so it took me a few seconds to realize what you were talking about.

Old 2012-12-17, 16:04   Link #557
RainbowMagnet

Good episode. Lots of Natsume is always good

Spoiler for final episode next week:
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 16:25   Link #558
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yay! A Natsume episode! That's the second time in less than a week I've seen a Natsume take the spotlight during the end of the year festivities. Both of them are equally lovely characters. I enjoyed learning more about Natsume's state of mind.

Mi-chan's speech regarding love was wonderful and rang true. It prompted a confession from Natsume, which I did not expect to happen now. Judging from his reaction, Mi-chan didn't see it coming either. Sadly, I think he will reject her. I just hope he'll do it gently.

As for the Haru and Mitty side of things, not much happened. Mitty managed to manipulate Haru into leaving her alone so she can study in peace (which was accomplished surprisingly easily) and she ended up being accidentally hit by him again later on in the episode. Nothing too unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Ah, you're talking about the cigarette. "Fag" isn't slang for cigarette where I come from, so it took me a few seconds to realize what you were talking about.
I had no idea "fag" was a slang for cigarette in the UK. Needless to say, Rakshasa's sentence was very awkward in my mind
Old 2012-12-17, 17:12   Link #559
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post

Spoiler for Noooooooo:
Old 2012-12-17, 17:16   Link #560
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post

So much for a season 2, if they skip those chapters more or less its telling everyone its over. I was really hoping they would have a season 2. The first 30 chapters are Haru's issues. Everything after that is Mitty's issues, I really wanted to see it animated.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo