AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 30 36.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-30, 04:53   Link #81
DrewGSR

Man next weeks ep is going to be a friken recap, wtf its only been 8 episodes why the hell would we need a damn recap....
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 05:42   Link #82
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR View Post
Man next weeks ep is going to be a friken recap, wtf its only been 8 episodes why the hell would we need a damn recap....
Its gonna be a recap episode on Lulu's perspective future explaining some unexplained question like how he learn to pilot KnightMare, why is he and his sister are declared dead, why Ashford family sheltered them etc. I doubt this is gonna be a typical Gundam recap. Hopefully Taniguchi wont let his fans down on this.
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 09:40   Link #83
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Somehow I get the impression that Lelouch himself isn't taking the melodramatic "order of the black knights" really seriously. I'd say it's more of a propaganda trick/way of pleasing the masses than a serious "secret organization". Or maybe the cheesy outfits and the dramatic name is just the creator's way of showing us that capable as Lelouch might be, he's still just a teenager with a taste for cheap drama.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 10:09   Link #84
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ah the sly fox lulu makes a fool of out corneilia while making one of his moves. By hiding under the image of allies of justice, he can now kill all his enemies justly. "He kills to protect the weak.", when he is actually just killing for his agenda. Every last one of the royal family is probably as power hungry and blood-thirsty as the emperor. Zero can easily find a just reason to gather support to kill them.

All except yuffie of cuz. Lacus..., I mean Yuffie's saintly fairy dust surrounds her. She is the one who could do no wrong. And most probably will be the only survivor of zero's royal family massacre.
Old 2006-11-30, 12:08   Link #85
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

I wonder how long he'll be albe to deceive the people to gather support. Sooner or later he'll do something stupid. Everyone does.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 12:25   Link #86
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Lulu does clearly want to create a kind world, as noted by what he has told Nanaly and C.C. in many of the earlier episodes. He hates the philosophy of the Britannia Emperor and detests the kind of world which the Empire follows, where the strong prey upon the weak, because in that type of world, Nanaly won't survive, so that's why he wants to create a kind world devoid of such policies. And I definitely hope he'll be successful.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 14:53   Link #87
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

soo like Death Note >_>
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 15:16   Link #88
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
soo like Death Note >_>
do you realize that this episode smash completely the possibility to compare DN and CG ?

as for me, i really liked how Lelouch was able to win a lot of credits as Zero, while he could kill easely Cornelia and Euphemia.(ignoring the consequence, indeed)

though he is deceiving people as a "protector of the weak", this goal is intwined with his revenge and wish to protect nanaly. (in order to create a world for nanaly, he has to protect the weak, otherwise, crushing britannia empire wouldn't make sense if someone/another nation is going nuts too.)

of course, the bad point in this episode was... the really weird fashion sense of lelouch for his black knights... but meh, you can't always win
Old 2006-11-30, 15:26   Link #89
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

zubarachi.............. MUUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHA
AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHA

aahaahh........the league of the black knights...........justice......excellent MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAha

I will try to say mor on this later but now......MUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH (evil laugh)

Edit:Lelouch definitely don't take this seriously.It's just a propaganda too for him,jsut look at his smile.

"fear us,seek us"

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2006-11-30 at 15:37.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 15:57   Link #90
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Why is CC talking to herself again?? Man I want to know whats up with her.

I like Cornelia and her ~ahem~ big gun Speaking of fashion, whats with the dress she was wearing as a child...hmm idea for thread..the fashion of CG XD (Im kidding of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
All except yuffie of cuz. Lacus..., I mean Yuffie's saintly fairy dust surrounds her. She is the one who could do no wrong.
Atleast she dont have any Haro's But yeah she'll be the only survivor when this is all over, course it would be cool if they did kill off the pink-no-hime-sama
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 18:08   Link #91
myopius

What an awesome episode. I don't have time to read all the comments now, unfortunately. However, I just wanted to post to say how excellent it was.

I am instinctively pissed off by Nina, too, but I'm actually happy she's there, because it will raise viewer awareness of how even people who aren't "bad" and who don't seem the type can be warped by prejudice. This show has that neat side to it; as you come to know the various Britannians, you come to realize that they are perhaps likeable, despite that they are, in many (most, or all) cases, extremely prejudiced; and of cours, the terrorists are also prejudiced in the reverse.

I hope to see how that conversation went after Lelouch pointed a gun at Euphemia. Probably in her memories. Anyway, I like that Zero's plans weren't screwed up completely by the Lancelot. Lelouch's speech reinforced my confidence that he does have consistent, wholistic convictions.

Yes, the Order's dress is really bad. However, in a way, knowing what they stand for makes it more like they're redefining "cool" by wearing those oddly proportioned gothic outfits. Unfortunately, I dislike that there's no room for individuality when they're all dressed the exact same way. Especially in the case of Karen, since she's clearly an individual. Eh, maybe the differences will become more noticable as I continue to watch the series (someone already mentioned that Tamaki's is unique).
Old 2006-11-30, 19:00   Link #92
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You know, I wonder if the Code Geass scriptwriter(s) didn't steal one (very bad) idea from the recent movie "V for Vendetta". For crying out loud, no totalitarian government (and these days not even democratic ones) will willingly give a terrorist leader chance to make his words known to everyone by allowing him to make a live TV statement, is that concept that hard to understand? Couldn't Lelouch have said something like "If you don't show this live, I will all the hostages?", I guess his image of chivalric fool would have crumbled...
But then again I am probably very much biased since I don't like mechas and most of the Code Geass character bore me, especially Kira...I mean Suzaku. I hope they continue with the Millay x Shirley yuri subtext, at least that's something for me to be looking for in the coming episodes.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 19:18   Link #93
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
You know, I wonder if the Code Geass scriptwriter(s) didn't steal one (very bad) idea from the recent movie "V for Vendetta". For crying out loud, no totalitarian government (and these days not even democratic ones) will willingly give a terrorist leader chance to make his words known to everyone by allowing him to make a live TV statement, is that concept that hard to understand?
The camera was stolen from an independent television studio. The man in question, Diethard, apparently is only interested in getting high ratings and refused a government position (see episode 4) to supply government-controlled media.

Now for all we know, he may suffer some repercussions for what happened. Although the Emperor's emphasis on survival of the fittest motto may allow TV producers to compete for ratings etc.

Anyway, since when did everything in anime have to make sense?
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 19:25   Link #94
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The camera was stolen from an independent television studio. The man in question, Diethard, apparently is only interested in getting high ratings and refused a government position (see episode 4) to supply government-controlled media.
OK, I know the cameraman is a loose cannon but shouldn't the people in charge just contact the TV network ASAP and tell them to stop the live coverage?

Quote:
Anyway, since when did anything in anime ever make sense?
Well, if we down that road we should not criticise anything. It's all about limits, Code Geass just happens to pass the limits of my suspension of disbelief.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 21:32   Link #95
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
OK, I know the cameraman is a loose cannon but shouldn't the people in charge just contact the TV network ASAP and tell them to stop the live coverage?
I can tell you one thing, the camera man WAS contacted by the TV network ASAP and they told him to stop, but he told everyone to keep relaying it, stating that he will take all the responsibility.

And what I said might be right: Lelouch will give her information about himself but not enough to figure out who he is, keeping her in deep thought.
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 14:57   Link #96
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I seriously did not know wether to laugh or cry at the league of black knights Overly meladramatic entrance with kewl costumes - omg, i can't believe the rebels actualy agreed to wear them. I think i would die of embarrasment if i would have to take place in that Lulu's scheme :P

This ridiculous act aside - he has done a very smart thing. He will most likely get the support of large part of the society, while effectively he can still kill whomever he wants. Tho i would like to know why he din't kill Euphemia. Ok, more than likely he knows that she is not an 'evil' person, but what was the use of threatening her in the first place then ?

Nina gets on my nerves - i can understand fear of something, but this is wayyy over the top. I hope she dies so i don't need to hear her squeaking and shuddering at the sight of elevens every time she's on screen.

Suzaku = Kira reborn = just as annoying as the original. And even his Freed...er, Lancelot is overpowered compared to the tools of mere mortals.

I still wonder how he and his order of black knights(lol) escaped from that place....
Old 2006-12-01, 15:10   Link #97
EragonJeriel
heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I seriously did not know wether to laugh or cry at the league of black knights Overly meladramatic entrance with kewl costumes - omg, i can't believe the rebels actualy agreed to wear them. I think i would die of embarrasment if i would have to take place in that Lulu's scheme :P

This ridiculous act aside - he has done a very smart thing. He will most likely get the support of large part of the society, while effectively he can still kill whomever he wants. Tho i would like to know why he din't kill Euphemia. Ok, more than likely he knows that she is not an 'evil' person, but what was the use of threatening her in the first place then ?

Nina gets on my nerves - i can understand fear of something, but this is wayyy over the top. I hope she dies so i don't need to hear her squeaking and shuddering at the sight of elevens every time she's on screen.

Suzaku = Kira reborn = just as annoying as the original. And even his Freed...er, Lancelot is overpowered compared to the tools of mere mortals.

I still wonder how he and his order of black knights(lol) escaped from that place....
Agree, suzaku is annoying and overpowered, Nina should just die off, i bet her mom would be happy.
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 15:53   Link #98
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I am sure we will learn soon that elevens did something horrible to her family.She acts too scared,there's something weird.
Old 2006-12-01, 16:35   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Tho i would like to know why he din't kill Euphemia. Ok, more than likely he knows that she is not an 'evil' person, but what was the use of threatening her in the first place then ?

i think she was actually a childhood friend of her (hinted when he keeps saying that yuffie was just like before) and should know how innocent she is...also when he hints that cornilia hasnt changed at all it also implies that he also knew her when he was young...before he was outcasted...

and besides why kill yuffie when she can be used as pawn :3 methinks he has already put geass on her...

and yea nana is stupid/crazy/annoying...her attitude is just like flay allster from GS...godammit soo annoying!
and its not eleven...its nipponjin!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 17:01   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and besides why kill yuffie when she can be used as pawn :3 methinks he has already put geass on her...
I don't think so, its not his style to attack from behind so to speak. When Lelouch plans to finish of Cornelia, he'll do it face to face - the man is full of pride that way.

I believe Lelouch would kill Euphemia, he just doesn't see the point behind it at this time.