AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-04, 08:38   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Kanpani Girls (Browser game, English)

The English version of this game is just out today in Nutaku (Link)

Played the Japanese version on DMM for the last year or so, and I think it's definitely a good casual game if you want to check it out (unless they modified much from the Japanese version).

Positives:
  • Very Casual
  • Not really Pay-to-win, as from 2*to 4* girls are essentially almost the same in stats (just slight different in HP), with 5* just slightly stronger due to higher level limit. I have a full 5* team (in Japanese server) and they still sometime perform worse than my 3* team for example
  • Due to above, you can pick out your team based on character art rather than rarity
  • Individual character equipment are much more important than rarity, so once again, you don't have to pick your team based on rarity, and could do it based on character arts/ personality
  • There are plenty of things to do/ lots of features (as the game already out for a year in Japanese version and with constant updates)
  • a lot of character already got individual background/story line for world building
  • there is physical, magical damage/defense with elements, so for example mage and warrior are both damage dealer, but you may need one or another depending on enemies
  • for Kancolle fan, no sinking/dying, etc fortunately

Negative:
  • While you can fill up to 20 characters for Pvp, it will only for rotation, so if you have a kick-ass 5-girls team, that likely will be everything you will use toward end game
  • Energy system so yeah have to play casual even if you don't want to
  • Events weapons change your girls outlook. BUT the weapon are often lame looking (like watermelon slice for spear, or apple candy for staff, etc)
  • Every team need at least 1 healer, no way around it
  • you can put the same characters into the same team. So...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-11-04 at 08:55.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 17:12   Link #2
KBTKaiser

kinda suprised they put it on nutaku considering it was on the all-ages side for DMM. I guess the torn clothing for losses went over the mark?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 21:39   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
kinda suprised they put it on nutaku considering it was on the all-ages side for DMM. I guess the torn clothing for losses went over the mark?
I think the game was in their non-adult section (which has only two games atm)

The game damage art is quite tame to be honest
Old 2015-11-06, 23:55   Link #4
SineMora
Wait for it...

Yep, Rarity almost have no effects.... CAUSE YOU CAN UP THE RARITY OF UNITS!

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 03:58   Link #5
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Playing this ATM. It's not bad but not spectacular. I'm just wondering: if Kanipani is just a reskinned version of Kancolle.

Stumbled onto it by accident. Apparently if you're not in Japan and head to a DMM game site it redirects you to nutaku.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 10:34   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Playing this ATM. It's not bad but not spectacular. I'm just wondering: if Kanipani is just a reskinned version of Kancolle.

Stumbled onto it by accident. Apparently if you're not in Japan and head to a DMM game site it redirects you to nutaku.
Kanpani and Kancolle are pretty much completely different.

Kanpani gameplay is a spin on traditional RPG trinity: healer-tank-DD and gear-depending.

Kancolle meanwhile was a bit of spin on old Trading Card Games. Where it's more important to a) prepare your 'deck' before the battle (which ships to use - which equipment components - and what tactic you plan to employ), b) manage your resources ("smaller unit" require less resources and weaker, but easier to deploy and may have massive payback), c) much more heavily depend on RNG as you can defeat most things with the starting (leveled and remodeled) units but will require a lots of luck
Old 2016-04-10, 10:38   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kancolle isn't even close to a TCG at all. There is no deck, no hand / draw / graveyard mechanics whatsoever. That's the very reason JP use management/simulation genre for KC. Aside of that, it is arguably not like a RPG like Kanpani, so the comparison is mostly pointless.
Old 2016-04-10, 20:45   Link #8
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Don't know why this thread is moved away from the Mobage and anime spinoff sub-forum btw
Old 2016-04-14, 02:06   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Company girls, huh...cute little game, its best quality for me is the fact that even the weekly quests can be done in a day. Modern games require too much presence, like logging in every few hours or playing X hours every day, so this is a very nice change.

Nice art, fun story, easy management, quite a bit of energy, at least for day 1. Is there a point in farming quests for the rare drop recipes, or is it best to just keep playing the story and unlock everything later?

Are character items decisively stronger/weaker than the gear you can craft? Also, what are battle coins used for?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2016-04-15 at 07:30.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 02:49   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Don't know why this thread is moved away from the Mobage and anime spinoff sub-forum btw
This is not a mobage or visual novel. Likewise, it isn't a game based on an anime whatsoever. Ergo, like Neptune series, kancolle (prior its subforum) etc, it should be in VG section, not the mobage/vn/anime spin off one.
Old 2016-04-17, 07:23   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After hitting LV13, I noticed that the construction time started to exceed 12h for the PR division and the gold cost for the 4* class up is rather steep for an entire team. Do you have to spend actual months per level later on (at around LV35)? Is there an easy way to get gold besides selling gems or buying the 1mil gold with my starting stones?

P.S: I still don't know what to do with them battle coins o_o
Old 2016-04-24, 05:37   Link #12
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

TBH, I got to the nutaku site because I was following a link for "Shooting Girl" from a JP page, and it redirected me to there. Apparently nutaku will be bringing shooting girl to english players as well, looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110
Kanpani and Kancolle are pretty much completely different.
- thanks. It was just that the main screen reminded me of stills of the main screen of Kancolle so I wasn't entirely sure. Been playing it more and learning things through trial and error. I accidentally used up my first Employee Stones by swapping them for Gold, but it worked out in the end as I threw the gold at upgrading goods and characters really quickly.

The battlefield and materials side quests give it a little bit more value than when I first started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is there a point in farming quests for the rare drop recipes, or is it best to just keep playing the story and unlock everything later
- I hate farming, but once you finish the 2nd chapter most of the weapons start feeling underpowered. My Ronin only started getting good after I swapped out their default Uchigatanas with Aogatana and Daikatana. My Figthers are suffering, though as I can't catch a break with either the Blue Gladius or EX Gladius recipes.

Higher level characters still do more damage, but not as much--see below.

Quote:
Are character items decisively stronger/weaker than the gear you can craft? Also, what are battle coins used for?
- The character items are MUCH stronger. The catch is that only the specific character can use them. For example, my Lvl 33 Aselia has STR 58 with a +2 Crossbow (farmed weapon recipe) and can do 209 damage with it. But my Lvl 27 Romana has STR 40 and her Chara-specific Rose Maiden--she does 219 damage with it. So while Romana annoys the !@#$% out of me, I actually put her on the roster more often than Aselia.

Also beware: The cost of the character story missions basically gives you an idea how hard it is. DO NOT TRY MONIQUE OR AZAMINO'S YET, YOU WILL DIE IN THE VERY FIRST ROUND WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A WHIMPER.. I already have characters at Lvl 33 and I still get wiped out. It's like asking One-Punch Man to tap you on the chin.

Quote:
After hitting LV13, I noticed that the construction time started to exceed 12h for the PR division and the gold cost for the 4* class up is rather steep for an entire team. Do you have to spend actual months per level later on (at around LV35)? Is there an easy way to get gold besides selling gems or buying the 1mil gold with my starting stones?
- As mentioned above I already kind of screwed up and sunk my employee stones into gold. But I made good use of it with upgrading all my characters to above lvl 22. I'm trying to get them all in the lvl 30 range now (58 character so far)

I haven't sold any gems, only because some of the gems go to making the bracelet accessories (which add to defense).

What I'd suggest is try to get the weekly missions done. Daily missions gift you with food, weekly missions gift you with employee stones (total of 3 employee stones a week), and keep a lookout for the special daily quests that you haven't yet done.

Quote:
P.S: I still don't know what to do with them battle coins o_o
- go to SHOP and then click the "Exchange Center" blue tab. You can use the battle coins there, but there really isn't much worth spending on until you get heaps of battle coins (as in 10,000 or more). The 'cheaper' stuff IMHO isn't worth it as you'll be getting materials and jewel as part of quests anyway. No point in rushing for them.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-04-24 at 05:55.
Old 2016-04-24, 06:14   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Thank you! Still hadn't found out what to do with battle coins until your post. So, I've been playing this a lot too, my current team has Nhano (lucky recruit), Azamino, Mervi, Alena and Ann at levels 34/45/39/43/38 respectively. I have yet to find a decent soldier, only drew Jiusta today. Story-wise, I'm currently at 5-5, usually progressing with CEO powers due to too many enemies or overkill bosses. I beat Azamino's cursed blade boss with max crit...and then got greeted by a dungeon full of stuff to kill me =/

I give up on Azamino/Monique/Ann quests as they are just too tough right now. After a lot of playing around, I noticed that some weapons at +3 are actually better than character weapons ( pain daggers +3 reduce enemy DEF, making it much easier to kill tanks), so I make do with whatever I can craft - and of course, Nhano deals insane dmg compared to other warriors...and has like 600+ HP.

I noticed that blacksmith and HQ cannot level up past LV20, is there a reason for that? My CEO level is 22 atm. Oh, also, I got from the tips that putting characters with high INT in the warehouse boosts your resource gain/3m. By the same token, do DEX characters benefit the blacksmith, or LUK characters the PR division? (I also figured that these slots are the best place to spend employee stones at first)
Old 2016-04-24, 06:23   Link #14
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel
I noticed that blacksmith and HQ cannot level up past LV20, is there a reason for that? My CEO level is 22 atm.
- My CEO level just hit 19 today so no idea. But I'm worried, since the HQ essentially caps the number of employees you can have and that's going to be a pain if I plan to get all characters. At the moment stuck on 3-2 but that's because I'm spending a lot of time grinding all the characters to 30 (I go to the battlefield every day and put characters I want to level up from scratch in squad 2 while squad 1 does all the work).

I got VERY lucky with my soldiers as I got Marica and completed her character quest. He weapon, Holy Lance, doesn't do a huge amount of damage BUT it attacks the WHOLE ROW instead of front and back. EG if you've whittled down the three characters in the enemy front row but they're still alive, Marica as soldiers attack slower than most charatcers will wipe them out. Plus she makes for a good shield to put my Cleric/healer behind.

Also--a risky but rewarding thing I toy around with sometimes is putting up a squad of all rogues or all archers, as they're the fastest characters in-game. Doesn't work all the time, but sometimes if I manage to wipe them all out in the first round it pays off.

Quote:
Oh, also, I got from the tips that putting characters with high INT in the warehouse boosts your resource gain/3m. By the same token, do DEX characters benefit the blacksmith, or LUK characters the PR division? (I also figured that these slots are the best place to spend employee stones at first)
- Definitely helps. I managed to put out +2 and +3 Aogatanas when I put my archers in there. And Archers have the highest DEX stats. Ironically, Azamino's supposed to be a blacksmith but her DEX isn't all that high.

Probably because she's so drunk all the time...

Don't know about the PR division though. Probably should try that out tomorrow--I'm upgrading all the buildings right now.
Old 2016-04-24, 08:59   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Buildings spend most of their time under construction :P

Quote:
I got VERY lucky with my soldiers as I got Marica and completed her character quest. He weapon, Holy Lance, doesn't do a huge amount of damage BUT it attacks the WHOLE ROW instead of front and back. EG if you've whittled down the three characters in the enemy front row but they're still alive, Marica as soldiers attack slower than most charatcers will wipe them out. Plus she makes for a good shield to put my Cleric/healer behind.
Nice! Soldiers are mostly there for defence, even their weapons mostly add def stats; IMO they are to be used in front of a mage, you can go 2x soldier/mage + fighter to deal with enemy rogue waves (and in the same manner, use samurai/rogue/archer/warrior/cleric for bosses).

Azamino's a drunkard, but she always plays first and doubles as an evasion tank. Oddly enough, she can one-shot metal slimes...but so far, the only abnormal character I've met is Oili the rogue - her character weapon has like, 500+ magic attack, but she's a rogue. Totally lost on that one...

Quote:
stuck on 3-2
Fight through the first battle, then pop DEF up for the other two, should pull through with a party in their thirties.

EDIT: The exp curve gets immeasurably steep after LV30, so choose carefully which characters to keep leveling up and who to drop at the facilities when they hit 30. The difference is like, from 43k exp at LV30 to 200k at LV40...and 400k at LV47.

EDIT 2: confirmed increase of success rate at blacksmith with "deft characters", archers are indeed the best employees for the job.

EDIT 3: confirmed increase in experts at PR division when using high level characters. I suppose 5x LV30 characters will suffice...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2016-04-24 at 15:29.
Old 2016-04-24, 19:33   Link #16
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Azamino's a drunkard, but she always plays first and doubles as an evasion tank. Oddly enough, she can one-shot metal slimes..
- I'll have to try that, as I haven't sent Azamino out on any mithril slime missions yet.

Been using Rin in her place. Damnit, stupid sexy tsundere samurai girl.

Quote:
.but so far, the only abnormal character I've met is Oili the rogue - her character weapon has like, 500+ magic attack, but she's a rogue. Totally lost on that one...
- Some Rogues have that poison or ranged attack, haven't checked if that has to do with magic level or not.

It's either that or the developers are trolling us (if you read Oili's character file you'd understand -- she's one of those wacky chuunibyou characters).

Quote:
Fight through the first battle, then pop DEF up for the other two, should pull through with a party in their thirties.
- Will try that tonight.

Quote:
EDIT: The exp curve gets immeasurably steep after LV30, so choose carefully which characters to keep leveling up and who to drop at the facilities when they hit 30. The difference is like, from 43k exp at LV30 to 200k at LV40...and 400k at LV47.
- The annoying thing is that HARD level quests/battlefield requires minimum lvl50. And if characters are just at the minimum level for a quest they'll be sacked like potatoes.

Some of the characters like Marica have different attacks when they get their character weapons. Mage Svea for example has an AoE fireball that hits front and back (maximum 3 enemies hit) if you put her in the front row. And some of the Archers have differing attacks as well--some like Aselia have Triple Shot when put in front, others have Triple shot when put in the rear. I want to pull the characters above 30 because if I have a character with a specific ability like Marica that means I can't use Aselia in the front row (since I'll put in Fighters, Warriors or Samurai in front for attack power) and will switch to Eva (who has Triple Shot when put in the Rear row).
Old 2016-04-25, 00:07   Link #17
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Attacks have to do purely with weapons, so you can tell which ones they get from their character weapons. For the crafted ones though, +2 usually includes a move from one tier higher than the current one and +3 goes up by two tiers. In that aspect, crafted weapons are eventually better than character ones (unless the character files have ch.2 included and unlocks later on), but the rare materials needed to craft are...well, rare.

Quote:
- Some Rogues have that poison or ranged attack, haven't checked if that has to do with magic level or not.

It's either that or the developers are trolling us (if you read Oili's character file you'd understand -- she's one of those wacky chuunibyou characters).
Would be fine if she had a snake punch, or anything themed after her background story, but all she has is dance formation/throwing knife...smh.

Quote:
Some of the characters like Marica have different attacks when they get their character weapons. Mage Svea for example has an AoE fireball that hits front and back (maximum 3 enemies hit) if you put her in the front row. And some of the Archers have differing attacks as well--some like Aselia have Triple Shot when put in front, others have Triple shot when put in the rear. I want to pull the characters above 30 because if I have a character with a specific ability like Marica that means I can't use Aselia in the front row (since I'll put in Fighters, Warriors or Samurai in front for attack power) and will switch to Eva (who has Triple Shot when put in the Rear row).
In some battles, the enemies will target your rear first (chickbats by default go for the back row), so in these fights you can switch up the formation to protect them.
Old 2016-04-25, 01:39   Link #18
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I can't believe there's only one instance of fanart for this game so far, and it's for Monique
Old 2016-04-25, 04:28   Link #19
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Aw man, why Monique, of all people? She's average in combat, has a common background...and is flat :P
Old 2016-04-25, 05:04   Link #20
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Aw man, why Monique, of all people? She's average in combat, has a common background...and is flat :P
Monique: "URUSAIURUSAIURUSAIIII!!!"

Seriously, I'm almost tempted to put up screenshots of the characters and put my own "CEO Commentary" under them. Monique's will have a lot of references to palmtop tigers.

Also: Got through 4-2, then got wiped out in 4-4. Guess this means more grinding...