AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 11:03   Link #141
Aqua Knight

I hope stealth part would be good. I loved it in Oblivion and I want it to be even better IN THE LAND OF SKYRIM!
Old 2011-06-30, 11:18   Link #142
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Guess we will have to wait and test first hand
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:23   Link #143
Aqua Knight

I think Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 are 2 last non-multiplayer games I will play. Don't know any other game series that could interest me, well maybe apart from Half Life 2 continuation.
Old 2011-06-30, 11:25   Link #144
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The new system is that you get exp from increasing your skills directly. When you gained enough exp from skill increases you level up and pick a perk. You also get a choice between raising health, mana, or stamina per level-up.

The amount of exp you get for skill increases is based on how many skill points you already got in that skill; if you raise a low level skill, the exp gain is low. If you raise a skill from 99 to 100, you get a big exp boost. The aim in the game is to stop metagaming and just let you play naturally.

No +5 modifier rubbish, thankfully.
That system sounds excellent. The more I hear about this game, the more game-of-the-century it is looking to me. The thing is, I don't go out of my way looking for information on it because it merely generates frustrated excitement, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:27   Link #145
Aqua Knight

What's metagaming by the way?
Old 2011-06-30, 11:28   Link #146
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

@jedinat: The more I hear about a game, the more I just can't bare the agonizing wait. So I can understand you there but I defiantly do agree about the new system.
Old 2011-06-30, 11:31   Link #147
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
What's metagaming by the way?
It is letting mudcrabs hit you over and over to raise your unarmored skill in order to get a +5 to speed modifier. It is going into sneak mode and auto-running into a wall behind a guard while you stare numbly at the screen wondering why you're doing this to yourself. It is keeping track on a piece of paper how many and which skill points you've increased since you last leveled in order to be sure you're getting +5 modifiers. It is playing the game directly to the mechanics instead of just playing the game and having fun.
Old 2011-07-01, 01:33   Link #148
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
That system sounds excellent. The more I hear about this game, the more game-of-the-century it is looking to me. The thing is, I don't go out of my way looking for information on it because it merely generates frustrated excitement, lol.
I've learnt my lesson with radiant AI.. thats why I explicitly stay off my way from searching for the new stuff this time around
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 01:51   Link #149
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I've learnt my lesson with radiant AI.. thats why I explicitly stay off my way from searching for the new stuff this time around
Bethesda didn't actually lie about Radiant AI in Oblivion. They just realised that Radiant AI create a world full of violent thieving psychopaths.

The entire population of Oblivion received a virtual-lobotomy to stop World War Three. Otherwise a single argument between NPCs cause a chain reaction of allegiance revenge attacks that lead to everyone fighting everyone else.
Old 2011-07-01, 02:04   Link #150
Obito, Tobi
Maker Of Crap AMVs

SOUNDS FREAKIN' AMAZING! The only way they can screw it up is by making it brown and gloomy : B
Old 2011-07-01, 07:07   Link #151
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Bethesda didn't actually lie about Radiant AI in Oblivion. They just realised that Radiant AI create a world full of violent thieving psychopaths.

The entire population of Oblivion received a virtual-lobotomy to stop World War Three. Otherwise a single argument between NPCs cause a chain reaction of allegiance revenge attacks that lead to everyone fighting everyone else.
I think theres a video out there showing what happened XD
Old 2011-07-01, 07:53   Link #152
Aqua Knight

I don't know if it's a rumor but I heard on some video review that Skyrim can be delayed.
Though I doubt it as 11.11.11 is just a too awesome date to release.
Old 2011-07-01, 08:04   Link #153
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope it is delayed...11:11:11 seems to good to be true, plus delays = touch ups.
Old 2011-07-01, 08:18   Link #154
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The game looks pretty solid from how I see it. Competition from other games should not be an issue as well since the audiences differ almost completely (on my opinion atleast). Someone even questioned Todd Howard, and he said that they set the release date on 11/11/11 because they were highly confident that they would get the game up and running by then.

Still, the unexpected can always happen.
Old 2011-07-01, 08:25   Link #155
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
I don't know if it's a rumor but I heard on some video review that Skyrim can be delayed.
Though I doubt it as 11.11.11 is just a too awesome date to release.
Worst thing that can happen is if they release a buggy game that needed patching. Which is hardly news, as every TES game since Daggerfall have needed heavy patching one way or another.

I think they would just release it on time and fix the leftover bugs later.
Old 2011-07-01, 09:15   Link #156
Aqua Knight

Someone wrote here or on other forum, that he/she will play Skyrim after a year of its release when all bugs are fixed and especially random dragon encounters.

As for me, I guess I'll start playing it around December-January instead of studying for my winter exam session

Or I won't play it if my PC specs are low, btw any news on them?
Old 2011-07-06, 05:11   Link #157
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Last news :

Quote:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim developer Bethesda is focusing on telling one story well rather than branching quests.

You get a single story with the fantasy role-playing game, lead designer Bruce Nesmith said in a Skyrim fan interview on the Bethesda forum.

"We've focused on telling one story well," he said. "There are decision points in all the quest lines that can change things, but overall it's a single story.

"Because the side quests are smaller stories, they are more likely to have major branches. For example, you can decide to save or betray someone, which changes the whole end of the quest.

"Overall the quest structure in Skyrim is closer to Oblivion than Fallout 3, in that there are many more quests, but they have fewer branches."

Meanwhile, lead artist Matt Carofano confirmed that Skyrim will employ a one piece body armour system, unlike Morrowind's two piece system.

"The armour system is very similar to Oblivion's," he said. "The main difference is that the upper and lower body armours, the cuirass and greaves, have been combined into one piece.

"This helps create armour styles that have the look we needed for Skyrim. In most of the Nordic designs we created, the upper armour would completely cover the lower armour, making it unnecessary.

"We get much better visual results combining those pieces, and it renders a lot faster too, so we can put more people on screen, so that was an easy trade-off for us. We can also make a lot more armours now, so the number and variation types are more than we’ve ever had."

Game director Todd Howard explained how the PC version of the game will differ from the console versions.

"64-bit specific exe? Not at this time," he said. "As far as UI, it visually looks the same across the platforms, but the controls are entirely different.

"There's also a lot of 'power user' stuff we do with the keyboard from how favourites work, to quick saves, and more that is similar to what we've done before in that area.

"We're packing a lot of info on the screen and the whole interface is much less 'look at giant fonts!' than, say, Oblivion. The PC version also gets higher res textures, larger render modes, and a bunch of other effects you can scale up if your machine is a beast.

"Last but most important, is the Creation Kit we'll be releasing for the PC. Modding the game and making it your own is very important to us and our fans, so we’re going to keep doing whatever we can in that area."

PC version FTW
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 05:42   Link #158
jedinat

Yeah, to heck with a branching main quest. I've never appreciated it much and I think Bioware wastes a lot of resources on their precious choose-your-own-adventure crap. I don't enjoy the feeling that I'm walking on eggshells, not knowing whether doing this or that will screw up my game. (and thus having to alt-tab and spoil events for myself... no, I cannot blindly plunge through a branching game. I'm not built that way)

I'm all for one piece armors if it means a greater selection.
Old 2011-07-06, 05:47   Link #159
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah, to heck with a branching main quest. I've never appreciated it much and I think Bioware wastes a lot of resources on their precious choose-your-own-adventure crap. I don't enjoy the feeling that I'm walking on eggshells, not knowing whether doing this or that will screw up my game. (and thus having to alt-tab and spoil events for myself... no, I cannot blindly plunge through a branching game. I'm not built that way)

I'm all for one piece armors if it means a greater selection.
Bethesda is going to avoid branching the main quest for the purpose of having a fixed canon for TES VI. They had one attempt at multiple endings, and probably won't ever do that again due to the mess it made.
Old 2011-07-06, 06:58   Link #160
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the one piece armor like fallout has is kind of a bummer.. But! I'm getting the PC version :O

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim