AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-07-12, 14:21   Link #361
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pracharat View Post
Hayate the womanizer
Spoiler for 183:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Used Can; 2008-07-12 at 20:59.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 22:36   Link #362
ellifeedn
Thinker

Man, this arc is awesome. Too bad we won't see an English version of it for at least a year or two. Does anyone know how old Athena is in the flashback and how old she should be currently in the story?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 13:25   Link #363
blade82

it seems that athena belong to an imaginary world.
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 18:29   Link #364
Used Can

Royal Garden doesn't really look like an imaginary world. It certainly looks like an odd place, but I'd say it is real. After all, it does seem Athena knows Maria.
Old 2008-07-13, 18:41   Link #365
orangejuicetang

Wow, I had no idea that the Hayate manga was so far ahead of the chapters that have currently been released in English. I mean, 100 chapters at 1 chapter a week is like 2 years. I wonder how much has changed between the current chapter that has been released in English and the current chapter?
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 11:25   Link #366
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The last panel of 183 (shown above) was How did Hayate ever turn into a punching bag for girls in the present?
Old 2008-07-15, 13:52   Link #367
Used Can

Haven't the current chapters shown he's always been a punching bag for girls?
Old 2008-07-17, 05:32   Link #368
blade82

chap.83 came out
Old 2008-07-17, 10:35   Link #369
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
chap.83 came out
Too bad their site is down.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:05   Link #370
Used Can

You can read it at OneManga, though. Even so, these releases do not really concern the raws, do they?
Old 2008-07-17, 15:49   Link #371
ellifeedn
Thinker

The releases don't concern the raws, but it does let us know how many chapters are to go before they are caught up with the current story.
Old 2008-07-17, 17:34   Link #372
Used Can

Currently (for Musashi), the mode has been 2 chapters per month. The largest number of chapters they've released in a month is 11, and the median is 5. So, taking into account there's a gap of 100 chapters (as of now); it'd take them 50 months to catch up (i.e. if they only release 2 chapters per month). Assuming they raise that number to 5; it'd take them 20 months. One could also hope Bakayarou would start releasing more scanlations (although, they've only released one - they still have Hayate listed as an active project, though), but it'll still take them a year or so to catch up.

P.S.: Remember, even if the current gap is 100, raws will continue to come out; so, 100 is not a static number. As a consequence, even if they catch up to chapter 183 in say (let us be extremely optimistic) 15 months, that'll mean 60+ new chapters will already have come out by that time.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:17   Link #373
ellifeedn
Thinker

At that rate you could buy licensed volumes to read new chapters before the scanlation even gets to those chapters... I think.
Old 2008-07-17, 23:35   Link #374
Used Can

If that's how it is, you have 2 options I guess. You can either learn some Japanese - in order to, at least, get a basic idea of what's happening in the raws, or you can support the mangaka.
Old 2008-07-18, 07:36   Link #375
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sorry, I don't understand something. Are you saying that buying the original, untranslated volumes supports the mangaka or the licensed, translated volumes supports the mangaka? In any case, I want you to know that buying the licensed volumes is not that big a deal and that I'm fine with it.
Old 2008-07-18, 12:26   Link #376
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Are you saying that buying the original, untranslated volumes supports the mangaka or the licensed, translated volumes supports the mangaka?
Either way
Old 2008-07-18, 21:55   Link #377
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pracharat View Post
Hayate the womanizer
Spoiler for 183:
I prefer the image of the previous scan before that... The one where he hugged her from behind...

That is SOOOO A husband-wife thing

P.S- Oh btw, it seems that half a day in Hayate's world, equals to several days in Athena's world...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 04:30   Link #378
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S- Oh btw, it seems that half a day in Hayate's world, equals to several days in Athena's world...
Funny, now that you just mentioned that:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-19, 08:53   Link #379
blade82

is she a demon??
Old 2008-07-19, 08:54   Link #380
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Used Can & Anant

Erm... I'm sorry if I gave you both the impression that I can read japanese But I can't

Image-wise however...

@Used Can

Whoa! I can't believe how fast Hayate's moving with Athena... This is like... 10 times the speed of any harem member he has now

Not only that, I can't believe the manga-ka is really doing this

@Anant

Dangerous...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen