AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 15:53   Link #321
jcdietz03

Spoiler for Image (Image is not a spoiler):

This shot is from Episode 3.
Sometimes the camera focuses on the wrong thing. The subtitle shows characters are talking during this shot. Isana's thighs are nice, but Merry's are better...
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:17   Link #322
Andrelol

I'm really enjoying this series.

First episode: Okay.

Second episode: oh, nice.

Third episode: Wow, can't wait for more.
Old 2011-01-23, 19:57   Link #323
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 00:37   Link #324
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Spoiler:
Actually he refers to only Merry as a Baku, nightmare dream eater. Baku are Japanese mythical chimera like creatures that eat nightmares.

Considering Merry's MO she beats the crap of dream demons that try to take over people. These dream demons that try to cross over are either symbiotic or parasitic. Merry is neither which leads the question what she really is. John Doe from his comment may have a clue.

Question is why do dream demons want to go to this side? From what got from Merry she wouldn't have bothered going to Reality. Course there is the Amnesia of hers.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 04:05   Link #325
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Question is why do dream demons want to go to this side? From what got from Merry she wouldn't have bothered going to Reality. Course there is the Amnesia of hers.
Well from what we've seen of the daydreams their world doesn't seem to have a lot to offer.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 06:55   Link #326
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep3 = another very good ep!
Go Merry, bitch-slap those demons...
and Minato was very cute with her continuous falls.

some GIFs/stitches for the episode =>
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-24, 07:33   Link #327
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Tapir is real life animal.

But I'm disappointed at that particular localization. When Baku is what is said.
This is a debatable one, but I agree that baku should have been used. It's a Japanese thing so the Japanese word should be used. So much over localization from them with this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Well from what we've seen of the daydreams their world doesn't seem to have a lot to offer.
Home is home, right? But I think Merry will look to stay by the end of the series.
Old 2011-01-25, 03:06   Link #328
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichima - The Dream Demon
Now, let me enter you.
I want to become one with you.
Your body and your mind, both will be mine
Dangerous. The dialogue of this yuri-lolicon-yandere demon is too dangerous.
With that final look before the door closed, somehow i have the feeling that Ichima will be back with Minato sometime soon in the future

PS: Minato looks so much like Rika Furude (in one of the manga version), and i see now why Minato looks so familiar.... Kaguya of Touhou, that is. Hope we can see them both sometime soon
Old 2011-01-25, 05:05   Link #329
MartianMage

Kinda unimpressed with episode 3. It kept on jumping from one scene to another. Really bad flow IMO. Hope it gets better. =/
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 09:27   Link #330
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

The biggest disappointment this season so far. I've never seen direction and contis this bad, not even manglobe isn't as bad as this. Kill director for killing this awesome manga.
Old 2011-01-25, 17:49   Link #331
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
The biggest disappointment this season so far. I've never seen direction and contis this bad, not even manglobe isn't as bad as this. Kill director for killing this awesome manga.
Well, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from the show before the season began. I've been surprised at how much I've enjoyed the show thus far, mainly through the characters. But then again, I don't have any knowledge of what the magna is like, so maybe the anime will get some people to check it out once it's done.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:27   Link #332
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
You liked the manga so you are disappointed that the anime took some liberties with it. Typical knee-jerk reaction to be honest. Really, the anime version is far from bad.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 03:47   Link #333
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Spoiler for Image (Image is not a spoiler):

This shot is from Episode 3.
Sometimes the camera focuses on the wrong thing. The subtitle shows characters are talking during this shot. Isana's thighs are nice, but Merry's are better...
"If this was a class assignment" version:There is a logic in showing the thighs.
The overall storyboard of the scene is designed to show a close up of Isana's face late in the scene,the fact we finally see it after a little while will highlight what she says at that point (in this case,that Yumji's persevearance is something that she really likes about him) more than if you had had a more standard approach until then.So they need to avoid seeing her face up close until the very end,meaning you'll get all kinds of shots of her but not her face.
They show parts of her body,and indeed the subtitle shows characters are talking during this shot but there's something else happening:Isana stops walking,so there's actually something happening on screen,it's different from from showing that shot with her just standing there.When she's just standing there we get Yumeji's face with her turning her back to us.
Later on when she stops walking again we get another wider shot of her with everything except her face and then there's the "payoff" with a close up of her face finally being shown.

"Badmouth" version: Well they need to keep the animation budget down so during that scene they just want to animate one character talking,the other one can be offscreen or have her back to us so that's it's easier to animate,you can also show random body parts like thighs.
Old 2011-01-26, 04:25   Link #334
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
=/ But I liiike this series. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Well, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from the show before the season began. I've been surprised at how much I've enjoyed the show thus far, mainly through the characters. But then again, I don't have any knowledge of what the magna is like, so maybe the anime will get some people to check it out once it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
You liked the manga so you are disappointed that the anime took some liberties with it. Typical knee-jerk reaction to be honest. Really, the anime version is far from bad.
I guess it explains a bit, and yeah. Anime isn't bad. It's actually good.

Anyway, I'm here for...

REVIEWS! MUSIC REVIEWS!

Yumekui Merry OP Single - Daydream Syndrome

1. Daydream Syndrome
EPIC EPIC EPIC SONG!!!!
It's so catchy. Undoubtably one of the best Winter songs for 2011, with the competing ones being Connect by ClariS and Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janai Dakara Ne!!'s Taste of Paradise. They even made the guitar solo so cool. XD Who the hell composed this song? I must...praise you!

2. Tsuki no Mienai Toru ni
If you love some techno and Daydream Syndrome, you'll probably like this song a bit. It keeps many of the musical elements of that song above me, but I guess the real measure of the song is the combination of both lyrics and melody. I like this song a bit, but that's it. It'll probably die down on me like most B-Sides (except K-ON!!)

Yumekui Merry ED Single - Yume to Kibou to Ashita no Atashi

1. Yume to Kibou to Ashita no Atashi
Umm...wow on the composition. I like techno, so I'll keep this, even though I don't love the song in general. =P It's just on the above average list. I'm sad it can't keep the shadow of Daydream Syndrome (for me that is). Anyway, it reminds me of Hatsune Miku songs for some reason. Maybe it's because of it's overuse of techno (which I like). I don't like many EDs made. Anyway...

2. Yume no Kaerimichi
No..just no. I don't like this B-Side. It's worse than the song above it. XD Maybe because it's a little ballad-like. or maybe because there's just nothing in this song that can attract me to it.

That's all folks!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 04:59   Link #335
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

I've been enjoying the series so far, though i have been having some issues with some of the weird camera angles.

I hope that they'll do a good job with the original ending. Gecko endings usually turn out really weird .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf
Tapir is real life animal.

But I'm disappointed at that particular localization. When Baku is what is said.
This is a debatable one, but I agree that baku should have been used. It's a Japanese thing so the Japanese word should be used. So much over localization from them with this series.
Actually a baku isn't a tapir. It's actually a dream-eating spirit as the show stated, with earlier depictions of it being some sort of chimera having an elephants trunk, an ox tail, tiger paws and rhinocherous (gah, how do you spell it) eyes.

Quote:
Yumekui Merry OP Single - Daydream Syndrome

1. Daydream Syndrome
EPIC EPIC EPIC SONG!!!!
It's so catchy. Undoubtably one of the best Winter songs for 2011, with the competing ones being Connect by ClariS and Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janai Dakara Ne!!'s Taste of Paradise. They even made the guitar solo so cool. XD Who the hell composed this song? I must...praise you!
THE OP IS OUT?! I MUST HAVE!!!
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 05:47   Link #336
Zavie

Quote:
Who the hell composed this song? I must...praise you!
As far as I know, IOSYS is incharge of composing theme song for Yumekui Merry
Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 08:34   Link #337
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrelol View Post
I'm really enjoying this series.

First episode: Okay.

Second episode: oh, nice.

Third episode: Wow, can't wait for more.
Haha, same trend for me.

Personally, I actually FELL ASLEEP watching the first episode. It just felt so cliched and to be honest, kind of boring without any exposition. Ep2 got balls rolling. Ep3 finally makes me really interested now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 09:45   Link #338
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Yume to Kibou to Ashita no Atashi is awesome.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 18:12   Link #339
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Far from bad?...

I never said the content is bad. I said DIRECTION is bad. Action scenes are awkwardly paced, overall music sequences (except 2pro OP and ED) are like re-watching Kami Nomi all over again. Yamauchi Conti play is cheap as hell; it made the animation unbearably boring. For instance, dream world sequences. There is an 'attempt' of making it mysterious and dream-like, but colour scheme and music does not support it. Yandere sequence had less impact due to Yamauchi conti parade.

Due to my love for original, I will be forced to watch for their original storyline (as there was some characters that wasn't in manga), but it will do nothing more than promoting original. (but, it will sell since Merry is so moe I want to bite.)
Old 2011-01-26, 18:56   Link #340
TJR

Yamauchi tends to polarize viewers.

Personally, I used to dislike his storyboarding style and sense of timing. However, I find myself enjoying it a lot now. I also appreciate it when a director takes tight control of the production process and personalizes a show (first four episodes were all storyboarded and directed by Yamauchi, whereas most directors will leave a lot of the work to other people).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen