Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-23, 22:12   Link #2361
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
A heap of garbage that wasn't a credible threat to begin with. If it's not a named character, it isn't a threat.
*facepalm*

The Paladin was designed to combat Grimm so it is still a credible threat.. Secondly, it was controlled by a named character - Roman. If anything, that ups its threat level a lot.

Quote:
Yang has power to spare even without her Semblance (which is still garbage btw). And she's had explosive amounts of power even after losing a single lock of hair. Even though Neo wasn't hitting her very hard, it was enough to screw up Yang's stance, when it should have been like hitting a freakin' wall.
And that power would be useless if she can't even hit her opponent or her strikes got redirected elsewhere. It's what Neo did.

And Neo was hitting at weak spot with quick and precise strike, or in game terms, critical strike. If it's a game without a HP bar, critical strike are usually the best way to kill something.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9vl...tailpage#t=100

She should have been able to blow that guy through a wall. She has power moves that she could have countered with easily. Yet she didn't.
She did. Hell, she was in the middle of one when got grabbed.

And again, you're wrong on Weiss's fighting style. She don't fight with strong and powerful strikes, she strikes fast. The powerful move are when she use offensive Dust like the ice one. She chips away at an enemy defense until she deliver the finishing blow.

Quote:
It's quite sad that Yang and Weiss get utterly humiliated without so much an excuse, while Ruby gets to maintain credibility, having lost her primary weapon.
Humiliated my ass. Yang put up a fight but her opponent was just her natural counter while Weiss was dominating her fight until she get surprised. Which is understandable in both case.

Quote:
He sent 4 first years out to do a very important job, which they failed at. He has no reason to think RWBY is the least bit special, yet he treats them favorably.
They were willing and ready to go. If he had assigned another team, RWBY would have just find a way to go there anyway, and thus would lead to 2 teams in danger. Not to mention that sending one team to another region is less conspicuous then sending 2.

He was being cruelly pragmatic, not treating them favorably.

Quote:
The whole point was to create a breach in Vale's defenses against the Grim. There was no other place to start. What's more, it's pretty darn sad that the history teacher at Beacon didn't know about the tunnels while the White Fang did. An underground city? Who would forget something like that?
Except that Oobleck DID know about the underground city. He's the History teacher. He just didn't realize it yet that they're using it.

Problem is, maybe their lessons hasn't reach that point yet. In history, you learn from the start. So there's a chance that they havent' reach that part about the various efforst to built another haven away from Vale.

Quote:
Quite the contrary, they'd already be in a position to thin out the local grim population, making Torchwick's plan less effective.
Or they would be too busy to fight the giant Goliaths instead. Grimm are attracted to large amount of people, and an army would like be a huge beacon for them. So they would be too busy to fight the Grimm that are heading for them, instead of the Grimm that falls down into the tunnel.
Old 2014-10-23, 22:55   Link #2362
Wandering Soul

Yang's savior truly is a mysterious individual. My guess is that it is either her mother or a humanoid grimm. The resemblance to Adam is also uncanny.

It was nice to see Team RWBY lose for once and now they have their work cut out for them with all those grimm running around.
Old 2014-10-23, 23:49   Link #2363
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

There is a group of individuals high class enough to be granted - or wear by their own accord - Grimm masks.

If I'm not mistaken, the Grimm mask they wear also serve as a badge of the Grimm they've slain.

The mask serves as a strong connection that the Transient Princess is related to the White Fang, and an extremely high ranking one too. Although it is possible that she may not be one of them too.
Old 2014-10-24, 06:01   Link #2364
Tenzen12

Guys I think you forgetting most important question: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DOG MADE OF!?

PS: Well battles would look different if Weiss and Yang simply switched opponents. They just failed because bad compatibility.
Old 2014-10-24, 06:30   Link #2365
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
inb4, the masked girl is actually future Ruby that lived in an alternate future where Yang died in the fight with Umbrella girl
Ruby isn't going to fill out like that. No matter how much milk she drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Guys I think you forgetting most important question: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DOG MADE OF!?
Bullshit, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
It was nice to see Team RWBY lose for once and now they have their work cut out for them with all those grimm running around.
They haven't even really fought anyone yet! Just piles of garbage!

As for Weiss's style, her style is adaptability. She has incredible power, speed, and versatility, but she can't be all of those things at the same time. If it came down to who can hit the hardest, move the fastest, or hit the most, she's not going to lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9vl...tailpage#t=129

Weiss has a great arsenal of abilities, abilities she chose not to use for whatever reason against her Faunas opponent. She could have peppered him with ranged attacks and that guy could have only stood there. She could have turned him into a block of ice and kept on going with Blake! She could have done what amounted as this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

Last edited by Bogart; 2014-10-24 at 06:42.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 07:13   Link #2366
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Offhand, I'd say about 9 pounds of Awesome, but I may be off a little.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 07:30   Link #2367
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
They haven't even really fought anyone yet! Just piles of garbage!
Well they haven't really fought against Grimm or mecha, right? Oh, wait.

Quote:
As for Weiss's style, her style is adaptability. She has incredible power, speed, and versatility, but she can't be all of those things at the same time. If it came down to who can hit the hardest, move the fastest, or hit the most, she's not going to lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9vl...tailpage#t=129
And in exchange for all that, Weiss is incredibly squishy. One punch from the Iron Knight was enough to make her fly away AND bleed. Hell, out of all the girls, she's the only one that visibly bleed in her trailer.

Quote:
Weiss has a great arsenal of abilities, abilities she chose not to use for whatever reason against her Faunas opponent. She could have peppered him with ranged attacks and that guy could have only stood there. She could have turned him into a block of ice and kept on going with Blake! She could have done what amounted as this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs
She DID use her arsenal. Haste magic, platform for rapid movement, etc...

Her ranged attack looks like it comes from the Ice dust, the one that she just used when they're on top of the train. So it's probably on cooldown/recharge.
Old 2014-10-24, 07:53   Link #2368
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Well they haven't really fought against Grimm or mecha, right? Oh, wait.
Right, like those count for anything. No, really, who actually thought those things were a threat?

Quote:
And in exchange for all that, Weiss is incredibly squishy. One punch from the Iron Knight was enough to make her fly away AND bleed. Hell, out of all the girls, she's the only one that visibly bleed in her trailer.
She's the only character in the entire franchise that's actually bled (okay, maybe a tree branch got the better of Jaune).

Quote:
She DID use her arsenal. Haste magic, platform for rapid movement, etc...
She used limp-wristed tactics when she's supposed to be the smart one with a nice bag of tricks. And she ended up losing rather spectacularly without demonstrating her smarts, her serious attitude, or any of her other abilities in her move set.

Quote:
Her ranged attack looks like it comes from the Ice dust, the one that she just used when they're on top of the train. So it's probably on cooldown/recharge.
She also has fire-based attacks. Remember when she exploded that tree by accident?

Her fight with the knight is basically the same exact scenario as against the Faunas, only much smaller. Yet she didn't use the abilities she had against the knight, and she evidently has more of a glass jaw against the Faunas.

I think Monty is a hack writer, assuming he is responsible for the writing. Characters aren't puppets, they're independent, thinking beings. If a scenario is needed to defeat them, you write a scenario that can actually defeat them. Not a scenario where the characters abstain from using previously established abilities and traits in order to allow themselves to be defeated.

You also don't treat them like cannon-fodder for someone else's story-line. Weiss got demolished all so Jaune could hook up with Pyrrha.
Old 2014-10-24, 07:54   Link #2369
LazyHunter

Probably my favorite episode of the volume after the first (and that's just my favorite becouse of the foodfight).

All the fights were cool but my favorite parts were probably Oobleck combination attack with Zwei (it proves what Pyrrha said, animals have Aura too) and Yang vs Neo.

It was really awesome to see how Neo deflected and dodged Yang attacks and it really showed the weakness of her fighting style and semblance: even is she gets stronger with each hit it doesn't matter if she can't actually land a hit on her oponent. This plus Weiss loss against the WF Chainsaw guy are actually really good in that they show that Team RWBY are still 1st year students and not veteran Huntresses.

The Grimms invade Vale...I thought this wouldn't happen so soon... Anyway, I hope we see all the teams defending the city.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 08:02   Link #2370
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Holy cow that scene between Yang and Neo, only for Neo's badass moment to be completely eclipsed by the foreboding presence of that mysterious lady with enough dust to make Weiss jealous.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 08:11   Link #2371
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
There is a group of individuals high class enough to be granted - or wear by their own accord - Grimm masks.

If I'm not mistaken, the Grimm mask they wear also serve as a badge of the Grimm they've slain.

The mask serves as a strong connection that the Transient Princess is related to the White Fang, and an extremely high ranking one too. Although it is possible that she may not be one of them too.
Hmmm sounds interesting. It's already been confirmed that the show has humanoid grimm, but a group of elite huntsman is pretty awesome too.

Quote:

PS: Well battles would look different if Weiss and Yang simply switched opponents. They just failed because bad compatibility.
The doge is made of badassery with a bit of cuteness, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Holy cow that scene between Yang and Neo, only for Neo's badass moment to be completely eclipsed by the foreboding presence of that mysterious lady with enough dust to make Weiss jealous.
Yeah I do wonder where that amount of dust comes from. I find Weiss to be the only one capable of using such an otherwise costy way of fighting.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 08:40   Link #2372
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Right, like those count for anything. No, really, who actually thought those things were a threat?
Like Roman was supposed to be too, considering he ran away when we first saw him? Oh, wait.

Seriously, just because we know the protag will win doesn't make it any less of a threat.

Quote:
She's the only character in the entire franchise that's actually bled (okay, maybe a tree branch got the better of Jaune).
And in this franchise where Semblance and Aura exist, one should already realize that she's supposed to be squishy.

Quote:
She used limp-wristed tactics when she's supposed to be the smart one with a nice bag of tricks. And she ended up losing rather spectacularly without demonstrating her smarts, her serious attitude, or any of her other abilities in her move set.
... I'm sorry, did you watch the same fight I did? Cause she used a lot of ability and took advantage of the area to deliver a fast combo.

Quote:
She also has fire-based attacks. Remember when she exploded that tree by accident?
Ah, that one... Wait, are you suggesting she use fire on a train with a bomb - with probably a lot more explosives in the crate?

Quote:
Her fight with the knight is basically the same exact scenario as against the Faunas, only much smaller. Yet she didn't use the abilities she had against the knight, and she evidently has more of a glass jaw against the Faunas.
Different area - the train is much narrower and shorter, different sized opponent - the White Fang guy is still somewhat human sized while the Iron Knight is a frigging Giant

So she can't use some of her power OR she have to change it use. And again,she DID use her power. She just got it by surprise - the same thing that happened with the Knight. Only this time, her opponent delivered a follow up to knock her out, unlike the Knight who just stood there and let her catch a breath.

Quote:
I think Monty is a hack writer, assuming he is responsible for the writing. Characters aren't puppets, they're independent, thinking beings. If a scenario is needed to defeat them, you write a scenario that can actually defeat them. Not a scenario where the characters abstain from using previously established abilities and traits in order to allow themselves to be defeated.
The scenario WAS fitted to their defeat: Yang meet an opponent who either avoid her hit or misdirect them altogether while retaliating with swift critical strike that chips away at her defense - rendering her strength and Semblance useless. On the other hand, Weiss got stuck with an opponent who's pure strength, capable of tanking her hit without flinching much and can deliver strikes with much more force than she can handle.

In fact, I think if Weiss was the one to handle Neo and Yang handling the Faunus guy, it would have been their win.

Quote:
You also don't treat them like cannon-fodder for someone else's story-line. Weiss got demolished all so Jaune could hook up with Pyrrha.
... I'm sorry, but how did this come to Jaune/Pyrrha relationship?
Old 2014-10-24, 09:33   Link #2373
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Like Roman was supposed to be too, considering he ran away when we first saw him? Oh, wait.

Seriously, just because we know the protag will win doesn't make it any less of a threat.
If it's not a custom job, it's a piece of trash. This applies to characters as well as machines. It's a veritable rule of fiction.

Quote:
And in this franchise where Semblance and Aura exist, one should already realize that she's supposed to be squishy.
You've decided that she's squishy for yourself on no basis whatsoever.

Quote:
... I'm sorry, did you watch the same fight I did? Cause she used a lot of ability and took advantage of the area to deliver a fast combo.
She used one ability and spammed it. That isn't the Weiss we saw from her trailer, or even Weiss from earlier in the series where she could mix it up if she wanted.

Quote:
Ah, that one... Wait, are you suggesting she use fire on a train with a bomb - with probably a lot more explosives in the crate?
Yang and Blake used fire attacks and explosions. Never mind that you completely made it up that Weiss actually has some kind of a cool down on glyphs, even though we've seen her spam them quite liberally.

Quote:
Different area - the train is much narrower and shorter, different sized opponent - the White Fang guy is still somewhat human sized while the Iron Knight is a frigging Giant
Weiss's immobilization tactics against the knight would have been only more effective against the Faunas.

Quote:
So she can't use some of her power OR she have to change it use. And again,she DID use her power. She just got it by surprise - the same thing that happened with the Knight. Only this time, her opponent delivered a follow up to knock her out, unlike the Knight who just stood there and let her catch a breath.
Using only one of her glyphs is not Weiss using her power. She could have just shot the guy and been on her way.

Quote:
The scenario WAS fitted to their defeat: Yang meet an opponent who either avoid her hit or misdirect them altogether while retaliating with swift critical strike that chips away at her defense - rendering her strength and Semblance useless. On the other hand, Weiss got stuck with an opponent who's pure strength, capable of tanking her hit without flinching much and can deliver strikes with much more force than she can handle.

In fact, I think if Weiss was the one to handle Neo and Yang handling the Faunus guy, it would have been their win.
Weiss has power attacks that are quite overwhelming, but she didn't use them. Why don't you understand that?

As for Yang, she's a JOKE CHARACTER. It wasn't a bad match up for her. She's just a bad fighter all round. Her semblance SUCKS. Her fighting style BLOWS. Her ranged attacks are weak and inaccurate. Anyone would beat her unless they had the same handicaps she does; using her hands and feet.

She's trash.

Quote:
... I'm sorry, but how did this come to Jaune/Pyrrha relationship?
The only reason why Weiss was made to be interested in Neptune was to set up Jaune hooking up with Pyrrha. Weiss was made into fodder for a someone else's subplot. Completely unlike last season where if she actually had a freakin' point to being involved with what was going on.

Seriously, who would have expected RvB to be Rooster Teeth's best show of the year? RWBY is absolutely no competition.
Old 2014-10-24, 09:48   Link #2374
Tenzen12

You apparently watch different Weiss rest of us and considering we talk about different people there Iw no point continue with it.
Old 2014-10-24, 09:55   Link #2375
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

*facepalm*

That's it. I'm done. I'm not arguing with Bogart ever again when it comes to Rwby. You win. Weiss and Yang got shafted by the writing staff. Call me coward or whatever, I just don't give a fuck anymore. I should have know from that whole "Calling oneself an intellectual - douchebag".

Moving on: I hope we get to see their alternate outfit again. I loved Weiss' Snowpea - what Monty called it, I think - costume.
Old 2014-10-24, 10:05   Link #2376
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
You apparently watch different Weiss rest of us and considering we talk about different people there Iw no point continue with it.
From where I'm sitting, I'm the only one that gives a shit about her character, so it comes as no surprise that everyone else isn't paying attention or willing to give her any credit.
Old 2014-10-24, 10:21   Link #2377
Top Sergeant

I'm joining the group who say the masked woman with the No Dachi is Yang's mother.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 10:29   Link #2378
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
He pampers Weiss better than her parents.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 10:38   Link #2379
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
He pampers Weiss better than her parents.
And I'm just about to disown her for being damaged beyond all repair. Monty should stick to what he's sort of good at; stealing characters from other properties and having them fight nonsensical fanservice battles.
Old 2014-10-24, 11:02   Link #2380
bakato

So to sum things up, this episode introduces a few interesting points.

1. Apparently, dust can be used to enhance semblance like the cartridge Weiss gave Blake gave her clones different attributes.
2. This new Grimm is clearly related to Yang, probably her mother.
3. Neo is this world's Gin Ichimaru! Notice how her eye color changed when she blinked.
4. Neo appears to know this new Grimm. Perhaps it's due to her relation to Cinder, but she may be aware of the existence of humanoid Grimm.
5. Neo, again, doesn't say a word, but she's become my favorite character!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby