AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 07:37   Link #801
Westlo
Lets be reality

My gut feeling is that SAO will go over 20k.... as soon as it got back on track with the first novel it has started to dominate rankings... it's also selling shitloads of light novels (compare it to Accel World, no contest) and was dominate @ C82.

Probably not as big as they might've have hoped but who knows, franchises can improve, look @ Index/Railgun.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:27   Link #802
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
I've been following points and analysis focusing on them for probably about two years now and it's rare that they are off considerably. I completely disagree that points are a bad indicator. It does seem as though Tari Tari may fall short of its stalker points, but that's just one example and we don't even have actual numbers yet.
You know why though? It's because most anime don't sell that well. When the points are low, stalker's fairly accurate. A series that consistently stays in the top 10 the points tend to get bloated, there are many more cases like this in the past and not just TT.

Here's the completely daily ranking so far
*4 *5 *6 *7 *8 *9  周 <-date
*5 *4 *4 *8 *7 ** | -- | TT
*7 *5 *6 13 *8 ** | -- | 信 <-nobuna
*4 *6 12 11 *9 ** | -- | モ <-pirates

So besides the first day TT does better than Pirates by a lot everyday, so it's likely it will outside pirates, but meeting the Amazon's points is probably not likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
I don't want to get into an argument with you, but SAO is honestly doing so much better than you're giving it credit for. Even if we completely ignore the points for a second here, it's pretty telling that the show has been ranking around top 10 almost ever since it was put on the site. All signs are pointing to it absolutely breezing past the 15k "success" mark you decided upon.
Sorry, but you must've misread some of the previous posts. I actually believed that SAO will sell beyond 15k easily, which is why I think that's the "minimum bar". The conversation for this started quite a little bit ago, that's when I still follow the anime. I do not watch the anime anymore, and like my previous post says, I do not care if the anime did well or not. The light novel's selling well, and that's all I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I'm pretty sure whatever the case is or if it's 10K or 15K, SAO will sell. I mean the disappointment will just be relative but it's safe to say A-1 and the producers will earn buckloads from this.
Of course, considering how cheap late night anime it is to produce, and how little people A-1 hire for non-fight episodes (wow 7 main key animators and 3 VAs for one episode, how awesome; only series with less at one point is Total Eclipse) and still have to abuse still frames in the middle of fight scenes, A-1 making buttloads from this series is guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
My gut feeling is that SAO will go over 20k.... as soon as it got back on track with the first novel it has started to dominate rankings... it's also selling shitloads of light novels (compare it to Accel World, no contest) and was dominate @ C82.
I predict 30k+ for vol1 (gotta remember those DVDs!!), unless something stupid happened like Working season 2's 2ch bs (Yamada faction pissed off all the other faction so much that they boycott those episodes) or like the Kokoro Connect incident.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 09:32   Link #803
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I predict 30k+ for vol1 (gotta remember those DVDs!!), unless something stupid happened like Working season 2's 2ch bs (Yamada faction pissed off all the other faction so much that they boycott those episodes) or like the Kokoro Connect incident.
Ah yeah I forgot about the DVDs... Vol 1 DVD was like 50 or something after Ep 10 aired. Should average 25k easily when all is said and done and lock in a sequel for Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario.

A-1 are sequel friendly.. never a question of staff power..
Old 2012-09-09, 10:31   Link #804
Kunagisa

Quote:
Ah yeah I forgot about the DVDs... Vol 1 DVD was like 50 or something after Ep 10 aired. Should average 25k easily when all is said and done and lock in a sequel for Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario.

A-1 are sequel friendly.. never a question of staff power..
I always think the A-1's staff power's entirely dependent on the director. If I'm wrong correct me (I wish the sakuga thread's still alive here), but according to the sakuga wiki they don't really have "set staff" right? Everything depends on personal connections of the producers, directors, and everything comes from that. They have the money to make things look amazing if they have the right connections, but other times it just falls flat in my opinion. In SAO's case, I don't blame A-1, I just blame the director being a newbie, which is the reason why I think Shinsekai yori will be excellent.

Once again, if I'm wrong correct me because I really don't pay that much attention to these stuff and I'm really interested in finding out.

As for sequels, its Dengeki's anniversary project, I think if you want a sequel AW has to get one too since they kinda go together at least for this (AW is dumping hints everywhere for future volumes though so ...).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:35   Link #805
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well they both will sell well enough to get a sequel that's for sure, just a matter of when they get one... not knowing what has happened in the light novels... I still don't know why Aniplex haven't put a Durarara sequel into motion yet. I noticed they are releasing a boxset for it, maybe they are planning one for next year?

Hopefully we get a change of director for the next Sword Art produciton...
Old 2012-09-09, 13:17   Link #806
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I always think the A-1's staff power's entirely dependent on the director. If I'm wrong correct me (I wish the sakuga thread's still alive here), but according to the sakuga wiki they don't really have "set staff" right? Everything depends on personal connections of the producers, directors, and everything comes from that. They have the money to make things look amazing if they have the right connections, but other times it just falls flat in my opinion. In SAO's case, I don't blame A-1, I just blame the director being a newbie, which is the reason why I think Shinsekai yori will be excellent.
In terms of staffing, the producer is generally the biggest factor. A director might bring his own people on board, but building the team isn't his main responsibility. That's more of an extra (BTW, Tomohiko Ito is no newbie. He may not have much directorial experience, but his involvement with prominent Madhouse productions would've gained him strong connections).

Lack of talent might result from resources being spread too thin (i.e. other projects being prioritized by Aniplex and A-1 Pictures) or from a poorly planned schedule that doesn't accommodate freelancers well.

Frame count is mainly a matter of budget, although schedule could also be a factor.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:14   Link #807
ZODDGUTS

Did they change anime director's in Sword Art Online? After three episodes I gave up on the series, didn't come close to living up to the hype.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:27   Link #808
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Did they change anime director's in Sword Art Online? After three episodes I gave up on the series, didn't come close to living up to the hype.
There was no change in staff. It's a two-cour show that had a gradual build-up to the plot, and the pay-off for that build-up is beginning to be shown now (hence the increase in popularity). Whether or not you'll like it now is of course up to you; I wouldn't watch shows because of "hype" alone.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:51   Link #809
ZODDGUTS

Well by hype I mean how good the LN is suppose to be. Shame it didn't turn out to be good at all. Anyways how did Lupin DVD/Blu Ray sales? Haven't seen any figures. Would like to see how it did considering how badly inconsistent the anime was both storywise and in animation, the DVD's were suppose to have better animation, not sure if that was true.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:09   Link #810
onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Anyways how did Lupin DVD/Blu Ray sales?
Release date Sept 19. Oricon data will be released Sept 25 or Sept 27.
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:10   Link #811
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

***,**1位/***,**1位 ★ (*15,482 pt) [*,234予約] Sword Art Online
***,*18位/***,*18位 ★ (*19,891 pt) [*,130予約] Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
***,*58位/***,*63位 ★ (**3,162 pt) [*,278予約] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
***,*64位/***,*67位 ★ (**3,628 pt) [*,156予約] Yuruyuri
***,*65位/***,*61位 ★ (**2,102 pt) [*,156予約] Joshiraku
***,101位/***,107位 ★ (**2,694 pt) [*,*15予約] Dog Days S2
***,164位/***,158位 ★ (**1,386 pt) [*,*11予約] Campione!
***,175位/***,181位 ★ (**4,877 pt) [*,119予約] Total Eclipse
***,322位/***,316位 ★ (**1,868 pt) [*,*39予約] Kokoro Connect
***,362位/***,397位 ★ (***,796 pt) [*,*12予約] Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
***,368位/***,349位 ★ (**1,679 pt) [*,**9予約] Rinne no Lagrange S2
***,471位/***,455位 ★ (**1,093 pt) [*,**5予約] Hagure Yuusha no Esthetica
***,537位/***,593位 ★ (**1,031 pt) [*,*16予約] Binbougami ga!
***,570位/***,559位 ★ (***,642 pt) [*,**4予約] Who IMOUTO here
***,732位/***,719位 ★ (**1,345 pt) [*,*21予約] Boku wa H ga Dekinai.
**1,145位/**1,118位 ★ (***,463 pt) [*,*22予約] Utakoi
**1,616位/**1,575位 ★ (***,522 pt) [*,**3予約] Hakuoki
**5,173位/**5,155位 ★ (***,262 pt) [*,**2予約] Natsuyuki Rendezvous
**6,294位/**6,116位 ★ (***,279 pt) [*,**5予約] Arcana Famiglia
*15,806位/*15,641位 ★ (***,157 pt) [*,**2予約] Ebiten

Tari Tari, Oda Nobuna and Moyashimon S2 went on sale last week.

Legend:
予約 = Reservations made at Amazon through the Niconico marketplace.
位 = Rank [Updated every hour]
(Left rank is current ranking, right rank is the ranking from the previous hour.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-09-09 at 21:21. Reason: Added more notes, thanks to onetwothree's info.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:15   Link #812
onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Legend:
予約 = reservations
Specifically reservations made at Amazon through the Niconico marketplace. It's not very representative of anything. Shows that stream on Nico tend to be disproportionately favored. After all, we all know Jintai is not going to outsell Sword Art Online.

Quote:
位 = rank
(Left rank is current ranking, right rank is last week's ranking.)
Hourly, not weekly. Left is the most recent hour, right is the previous hour. Stalker updates roughly once per hour.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:50   Link #813
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've been surprised not to see Binbougami doing a little better. It seems to push a few of the right buttons.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 01:22   Link #814
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've been surprised not to see Binbougami doing a little better. It seems to push a few of the right buttons.
The manga isn't that popular and Daily High School Boys was also a pretty poor seller...sure the directors work on Gintama was a big success but that has a massive fujoshi following.
Old 2012-09-11, 01:44   Link #815
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I'm very curious about the upcoming F/Z Box, when can we expect sale numbers for this?
Old 2012-09-11, 05:05   Link #816
onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I'm very curious about the upcoming F/Z Box, when can we expect sale numbers for this?
Release date Sept 19. Oricon data will be released Sept 25.
Old 2012-09-11, 05:17   Link #817
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Ebiten is doing worse than it deserves, the show isn't THAT bad. Quite the contrary, it's actually pretty entertaining.

But well, something like this was to be expected, maybe it'll do better once the BDs are out or it re-airs on an actual TV station.
Old 2012-09-11, 07:59   Link #818
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
The manga isn't that popular and Daily High School Boys was also a pretty poor seller...sure the directors work on Gintama was a big success but that has a massive fujoshi following.
Is Binbogami ga going to be one of those series that'll do far better here than in Japan?
Old 2012-09-11, 09:03   Link #819
brocko

If it ever makes it way over that is...

There's not even any simulcasts for it so all the localization will need to be done from scratch.

If the sales figures for Binbogami and Nichibro's are any indication, the Japanese market aren't particularly fond of straight comedies it seems.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 11:54   Link #820
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
If it ever makes it way over that is...

There's not even any simulcasts for it so all the localization will need to be done from scratch.

If the sales figures for Binbogami and Nichibro's are any indication, the Japanese market aren't particularly fond of straight comedies it seems.
Uhhh, FUNimation is the one simulcasting it:

http://www.funimation.com/binbogami-ga

Tags
sales, statistics