AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-08, 04:32   Link #6261
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Ritz is a guy posing a woman, and I simply don't have the patient to play along today.

We know the dora comes to her because her mother wanted her to treasure the dora. She's not collecting or controlling. She's just a dora magnet. That's all her power does and there's no reason for that to change.

It was foreshadowed though. There were times when Yuuki was more effective, like in the individuals. And the most important thing is that Yuuki's power didn't change. It's exactly the same, only stronger. Besides, no matter how strong her power became, Kuro's power to atract dora is stronger as noted in this chapter. Such a strong power doesn't need powerups. All it needs is for Ritz to use his brain to think how Kuro should use it to her advantage.
how kuro power can help her to gain more points and close the gap exactly? and why it stronger then yukki power?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 04:32   Link #6262
Chitanda Eru

the only way for Kuro becomes stronger is plot armor, in other word Ritz just let her win cause Kuro need some points before keep losing them, lol. We'll all know that when Yuuki's power come to the end she will turn on defensive mode. Satoha is high level player and she won't be ron by the others. So the only player can be taken points directly is Kuro due to she cannot discard her dora and her level isn't high (or I should say her level is low).
If my theory isn't gonna happen then players from vanguard's match can only win by tsumo, lol )

p/s: Kuro always get all of the dora no matter her power is weaker or stronger. Her playstyle cannot be changed unless she discard them. And I think there's 1 way for the others to collect the doras too. It is using kan and the number of dora can be more than 14 tiles, Kuro cannot hold more than 14 tiles huh? Besides, there's a chance that the new kan-dora is the titles which kuro has already discard

Last edited by Chitanda Eru; 2018-07-08 at 04:43.
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 05:07   Link #6263
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
how kuro power can help her to gain more points and close the gap exactly? and why it stronger then yukki power?
Because her power attracts the dora not matter what powers the other players have. Yuuki at her peak and Teru are super monsters, yet they don't get any dora when Kuro is at the table. That's how strong her power is.
Old 2018-07-08, 05:22   Link #6264
Chitanda Eru

Hmm Kuro's power can be useful to prevent big win from the others but it's useless for her if she cannot win a single match especially when she cannot discard the dora and her deck can be easily read.
Old 2018-07-08, 11:54   Link #6265
Marina2

Best thing I can think is: Kuro might try to win with quick/speed hand, a normally low value hand (1-2 han) but due to many dora the point become very high. That or maybe Kuro can turn on/Turn off her power at will now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
p/s: Kuro always get all of the dora no matter her power is weaker or stronger. Her playstyle cannot be changed unless she discard them. And I think there's 1 way for the others to collect the doras too. It is using kan and the number of dora can be more than 14 tiles, Kuro cannot hold more than 14 tiles huh? Besides, there's a chance that the new kan-dora is the titles which kuro has already discard
All of those new dora from Kan will just turn out to be the same tiles or tiles that already in Kuro hand lol.

Her Dora magnet is so powerful that she can manipulate the position of all tiles since the beginning of the game, and arrange them in the way that other players will never draw dora in their turn - not even by using pon or kan to change draw order. This power is reality warping class.

Quote:
Hmm Kuro's power can be useful to prevent big win from the others but it's useless for her if she cannot win a single match especially when she cannot discard the dora and her deck can be easily read.
Interesting thing was that in semi-final, Kuro rarely got hit by 'ron' despite having low defense and predictable hand. Maybe her skill is actually good if she is not forced to hold on some tiles.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-07-08 at 12:06.
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 12:24   Link #6266
The Green One

People talk about Kuro "asspulling" a power up, but how is that any different from when other characters have been "revealing" their ability for the first time? I don't really see much of a difference. Before anyone says "Well why didn't she use it when Teru was bending everyone over the table previous game?" my response is, let's give Ritz a chance to explain things first before we all start screaming asspull because of whatever personal bias we have.
Old 2018-07-08, 14:04   Link #6267
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Ritz is a guy posing a woman, and I simply don't have the patient to play along today. .
I have always heard otherwise. I'm not saying you are wrong, but do you have any source?

Last edited by Proto; 2018-07-08 at 14:50.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 14:21   Link #6268
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Best thing I can think is: Kuro might try to win with quick/speed hand, a normally low value hand (1-2 han) but due to many dora the point become very high. That or maybe Kuro can turn on/Turn off her power at will now.

All of those new dora from Kan will just turn out to be the same tiles or tiles that already in Kuro hand lol.

Her Dora magnet is so powerful that she can manipulate the position of all tiles since the beginning of the game, and arrange them in the way that other players will never draw dora in their turn - not even by using pon or kan to change draw order. This power is reality warping class.

Interesting thing was that in semi-final, Kuro rarely got hit by 'ron' despite having low defense and predictable hand. Maybe her skill is actually good if she is not forced to hold on some tiles.
from the kuro hand we sew in this chapter a low value hand is very likely
Old 2018-07-09, 16:02   Link #6269
elior

Quote:
Because her power attracts the dora not matter what powers the other players have. Yuuki at her peak and Teru are super monsters, yet they don't get any dora when Kuro is at the table. That's how strong her power is.
shizu problem will be that her power a bit like double edge sword since even if as the game goes the deeper they go into the wall. it giving the outher players chance to gain lot of points from her also her power defends on the dice roll as well for example the right 10 was deeper
Old 2018-08-02, 12:08   Link #6270
elior

saki goes on hiatus until october
Old 2018-08-02, 12:29   Link #6271
Marina2

W..well, at least we still have Shinohayu and Toki. And two months wait for Saki is nothing new for Saki at this point.

Spoiler for Chapter 193 leak:
Old 2018-08-02, 16:57   Link #6272
elior

Quote:
W..well, at least we still have Shinohayu and Toki. And two months wait for Saki is nothing new for Saki at this point.

Spoiler for Chapter 193 leak:
how much kuro closed the gap and how much points she earned in this chapter/.
Old 2018-08-02, 17:18   Link #6273
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
how much kuro closed the gap and how much points she earned in this chapter/.
Kyosumi is still like 80000 points ahead of second place.
Old 2018-08-03, 21:37   Link #6274
Chitanda Eru

Lol, Kuro (and the whole Achiga team) just need to sit there and win thanks to the love of Ritz for Achiga. She and her teammates doesn't need any strategy and likely become the strongest team in the shortest time ever.

Well I don't care about Achiga anymore. I want to wait what will Satoha do to cope with these situations? She is normal player with excellent strategy and she is obviously in the same (or at least nearly same) level as Teru without special power.

I really love Teru. She is the strongest but very humble and kind. I can't wait to see the secret power that she's hiding and I'm very curious about the style she played with Saki in the past. Maybe that's her hidden ability. If it's true, it will be good if Saki told Yuuki about this.
Old 2018-08-03, 23:54   Link #6275
Marina2

Quote:
Lol, Kuro (and the whole Achiga team) just need to sit there and win thanks to the love of Ritz for Achiga. She and her teammates doesn't need any strategy and likely become the strongest team in the shortest time ever.
To be fair, Achiga team did spend as much time as Kiyosumi in training. It just that "Achiga-hen" is a short series with many time skips which makes readers feel their development goes super fast.
Old 2018-08-04, 00:43   Link #6276
Kazu-kun

Quote:
To be fair, Achiga team did spend as much time as Kiyosumi in training.
In quarter-finals they didn't do very well. Then they trained for literally one day and suddenly became good enough to win the semi-finals and even beat Teru's team. It's bullshit no matter how you look at it.

Kyosumi on the other hand was already pretty good from the get go. Even their most "normal" player Nodoka was the middle school champion. And let's not forget they have Saki who's the current highschool champion's little sister. Achiga were a bunch of nobodies in comparison and they became really strong in very little time, mostly thanks to asspulls.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-08-04 at 02:38.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 02:22   Link #6277
The Green One

Some could say a team of "nobody" underdogs who had to fight hard to prove themselves are more endearing than a team that has a champion and the super monster that is Teru's little sister. Yuuki herself is a powerful player in her own right and Hisa is no slouch either.

Between Saki's team and Achiga's team, who would you say has the deck more stacked in their favor from the start?

Though to be fair you're under no obligation to like Achiga.

I myself like both Kiyosumi and Achiga to be honest, but only one can win the finals and I'm more invested in Saki's story.
Old 2018-08-04, 02:44   Link #6278
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Some could say a team of "nobody" underdogs who had to fight hard to prove themselves are more endearing than a team that has a champion and the super monster that is Teru's little sister. Yuuki herself is a powerful player in her own right and Hisa is no slouch either.
In Achiga Hen the only team worth rooting for was Senriyama. Toki put so much effort into the match with Teru. That was endearing. Achiga got it easy in comparison. They had too much plot armor and that made it hard to root for them.

Quote:
Between Saki's team and Achiga's team, who would you say has the deck more stacked in their favor from the start?
Actually I can't tell for sure. Saki's the MC but Achiga's plot armor is massive.
Old 2018-08-04, 06:39   Link #6279
Marina2

Quote:
In quarter-finals they didn't do very well. Then they trained for literally one day and suddenly became good enough to win the semi-finals and even beat Teru's team. It's bullshit no matter how you look at it.

Kyosumi on the other hand was already pretty good from the get go. Even their most "normal" player Nodoka was the middle school champion. And let's not forget they have Saki who's the current highschool champion's little sister. Achiga were a bunch of nobodies in comparison and they became really strong in very little time, mostly thanks to asspulls.
In Semi-final, they closed the gap in skill with countered play + weakness exploited. Technique and planning doesn't take long time to come up with. They just need to adjust their play. (Achiga team seems to be fast/quick learner, this probably easy for them)

And......Shiratodai members were quite careless in the match.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-08-04 at 06:55.
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 08:06   Link #6280
Bladezer

Quote:
In Achiga Hen the only team worth rooting for was Senriyama. Toki put so much effort into the match with Teru. That was endearing. Achiga got it easy in comparison. They had too much plot armor and that made it hard to root for them.
I disagree, you are kind of ignoring the fact, that for Senriyama, Ritz had a pull give Ryuuka a complete power out of nowhere, so she could remain relevant in the semi-finals. Which I didn't find very endearing, and really didn't like how the way to counter Shizu was basically screwed up, since Ryuuka got a second power out of nowhere, when she's not supposed to have any.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri